Union County College Employee Reviews

I was a student.
Student (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJNovember 28, 2016
I was a student pursuing a degree in Public Administration so that I could work in any capacity of the government when I achieved my degree.
Good Place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJuly 19, 2016
I used to enjoy coming to work in between classes. Helping people was fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was when one of my students came back and said "thank you for helping me pass this test".
Pros
Doing homework when no one came
Cons
Had to stay extra time sometimes
n/a
Head XC/Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 14, 2016
i do not wish to participate in this part of the inquiry. I do not want any info used in part or its entirety to have any bearing on UCC.
Great job to have while in school
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 24, 2016
Great side job to have while taking classes. While not to demanding and consistent pay along with hours. You also learn alot about the school.
Pros
easy work hours
A fun place with bagels.
Principal (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ 07202May 20, 2016
A typical day at the job included helping customers with a variety of
requests from scheduling a delivery to helping them reserve products that were not currently available in the facility.

I have learned a wide range of job functions, that include Customer Service, and taking on the role as a Coordinator for the resolution of the varied customer complaints.

I have also performed the various functions of warehousing, as well as pallet management, inventory management, and material handling equipment management.

It was a great pleasure and an honor to work with the Management Team

It was enjoyable to work with the co-workers, teaching them as well as learning from them along the way.

There was no forseeable part of the job that was hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone was helping each other out when the customer contact was heavy.
good salary
Custodian (Part-Time Night Shift) (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJApril 21, 2016
general cleaning in each room ,bathroom and offices.keep every room clean and in order. take out the garbage and throw it out.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
health care
Union County College was a decent place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  NJApril 21, 2016
UCC provided an overall good experience, especially with the people I worked with. Leadership was decent, but the President at the time seemed not to care as he prepared for retirement.
Pros
Good-hearted Co-workers
Cons
Not much room to advance
Quite work atmosphere, fun job to help others
Paraprofessional Tutor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJMarch 16, 2016
It's a good place to work, they treat you good, it's all about helping others, it also helps you to know the information more, the hardest part of the job when you meet a frustrated student that is giving up, and the best enjoyable part is when a student comes with joy for doing great in his/her class because of you.
this was a great place
College Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 16, 2016
This work place was very enjoyable due to a great staff and administration. Everyone was very energetic as willing to help when needed.
Pros
the staff
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 29, 2016
Working at Union County College was challenging but also rewarding. Working for the Dean of College life, a typical day would require me to answer phone calls, making copies, while also imputing information in the computer. I learned a lot about planning events for the school as many times I would help organize the athletic events and award shows, the school would host. Along with my co-workers we all worked together as a team to get daily project finished and handed in on time before our deadline.
Excellent College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJDecember 1, 2015
Provided Administrative/Secretarial support to Department Chairperson, faculty, staff and adjuncts including but not limited to: payroll management, calendar management, coordination of resources, office & classroom, preparation of necessary forms and analytical reports, direction of all incoming and outgoing communication
Pros
Great place to gain knowledge
Cons
Management could improve
productive and fun work environment
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working along with fellow students, teaching them new programs on the computer etc. my supervisor was very friendly and co-operative. The environment and work mates were all easy to get along with.
Pros
flexible schedule
outstanding working enviroment
Orientation leader/tutor (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJSeptember 29, 2015
● Monitor the EOF Student Success Center Room ensuring all regulations are followed to maintain a professional environment.
● Update informational boards geared towards student success.
● Tutor fellow Educational Opportunity Fund Students in English, Developmental Math and Communications Courses.
● Ensure that students I tutor have success with the knowledge I have helped them attain

I worked in a fun environment where all my co workers got along including myself.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
students being disrespectful to tutors
The most enjoyble part of the job
English/ Computer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 29, 2015
It is stress free environment. People are professional, but also they can be little informal since they are interacting with students most of time. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. I enjoy to work at Union County College
Productive and Innovative
Student Services Generalist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 5, 2015
Institution dedicated to student development.
Diverse Staff
One-Stop Model
Daily processes are a team effort
Diverse student body
Great place besidet HR let's management ran all over you
Printing and finishing (Former Employee) –  CranfordJuly 16, 2015
I left a good job to become part of the print shop bad mistake! Manager is a head case that is rude and makes it a hostile work environment you can go the union or HR and he will still continue to harass on a daily basis and no one will do anything about it. Worst 3+ months of my life if you can deal with a crazy manager that will disrespect and harass you on a constant basis then the Union County print shop is for you.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Bad management and pay schedule
Professional staffs with advance experience
Supervisor Student Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 15, 2015
Student technical assistant .

• Assisted students how to operate computer and how to use subject related software.
• Helped teachers regulating students’ online work.
• Diagnosed problems in computer and reported them to help desk
• Technical support specialist
• Worked with IT technical team to solve software errors
Great college
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJuly 14, 2015
Great way to save money by taking classes at community college. Students are eager to learn and it is an overall positive environment.
Good Place to Start
Subject Matter Tutoring Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJJuly 13, 2015
Working at UCC has provided me with leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to obtain, analyze, and appreciate differing points of view from students who hail from all walks of life. Management at the Academic Learning Centers is very open to new ideas and will always find ways to work with the tutors which makes them very accommodating.
Workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 10, 2015
Tutored and assisted 20 students in completing projects and homework in Architecture and Math classes
Solved computer issues for students and held discussions
Collaborated with peers on how to solve problems in everyday construction
Kept a clean environment for the professor and students
Pros
experience and knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union County College. Our community is ready to answer.

Union County College Reviews by Location