UNION ELECTRIC STEEL CORPORATION

UNION ELECTRIC STEEL CORPORATION Employer Reviews

Production oriented, very high deductible on the health care.
NC Programmer (Former Employee), Carnegie, PAMay 30, 2013
Pros: good vacation package, occasional free lunches, christmas party, free tickets to events like hockey or baseball games
Cons: high deductible on health care, upper management disconnect with production
Usually a typical day starts with finding out if anything went wrong over the off-shifts, if so, we "the programmers" would take them on a first come first serve basis. If all went well the night before we would check the schedule to see which machine would be next to progam. Learning all the different nuances of the machines and operators is always – more... a good challenge.

When I first started working at UES my immediate boss was the type that was on his retirement down-hill slide, doing the bare minimum to get by without getting fired. After he retired another retiree-to-be took his place. He was a completely different person, he actually cared about how the machines were programmed and worked well with others, unlike his predecessor. After this next retirement, upper managment finally hired a boss of programming from within our group and then things started rolling forward a little faster. Problems that went unoticed or ignored altogether were adressed as we uncovered them and we could talk to the operators more easily.

I worked with a very intelligent group of people. We all got along pretty well and helped each other when times got tight. – less
poor management
current employe (Current Employee), carnegie paMarch 19, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: management and union
management treats most people like trash plus you pay union dues for nothing. union is useless
Enjoyable Work Environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Carnegie, PAAugust 23, 2012
At Union Electric I was given the opprotunity for advancement, and challenged daily. I enjoyed working my co-workers, and management. In my position I was interacting with all levels of employees.
The company offers gym equipment for the employees to use
Human Resources (Current Employee), Carnegie, PAJuly 18, 2012
Cons: dress code is too strict and no work life balance
It's a nice company to work for but it seems it would be more for someone who is okay with working long hours and clocking in and out each day. The dress code is too strict and I believe that causes the employees to be up-tight.

About UNION ELECTRIC STEEL CORPORATION

Union Electric Steel Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, was founded in 1923 as a manufacturer – Read more