UNION ELECTRIC STEEL CORPORATION Employee Reviews

great place to work - i had a great boss!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  burgettstown, paSeptember 30, 2015
great co-workers and a very fun place to work! I would go back to this place to work. i loved going to work everyday. great management and work place.
Pros
close to home
Cons
health insurance
Production oriented, very high deductible on the health care.
NC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAMay 30, 2013
Usually a typical day starts with finding out if anything went wrong over the off-shifts, if so, we "the programmers" would take them on a first come first serve basis. If all went well the night before we would check the schedule to see which machine would be next to progam. Learning all the different nuances of the machines and operators is always a good challenge.

When I first started working at UES my immediate boss was the type that was on his retirement down-hill slide, doing the bare minimum to get by without getting fired. After he retired another retiree-to-be took his place. He was a completely different person, he actually cared about how the machines were programmed and worked well with others, unlike his predecessor. After this next retirement, upper managment finally hired a boss of programming from within our group and then things started rolling forward a little faster. Problems that went unoticed or ignored altogether were adressed as we uncovered them and we could talk to the operators more easily.

I worked with a very intelligent group of people. We all got along pretty well and helped each other when times got tight.
Pros
Good vacation package, occasional free lunches, Christmas party, free tickets to events like hockey or baseball games
Cons
High deductible on health care, upper management disconnect with production
poor management
current employe (Current Employee) –  carnegie paMarch 19, 2013
management treats most people like trash plus you pay union dues for nothing. union is useless
Pros
money
Cons
management and union
Enjoyable Work Environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAAugust 23, 2012
At Union Electric I was given the opprotunity for advancement, and challenged daily. I enjoyed working my co-workers, and management. In my position I was interacting with all levels of employees.
The company offers gym equipment for the employees to use
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAJuly 18, 2012
It's a nice company to work for but it seems it would be more for someone who is okay with working long hours and clocking in and out each day. The dress code is too strict and I believe that causes the employees to be up-tight.
Cons
dress code is too strict and no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNION ELECTRIC STEEL CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8