Union Memorial Hospital

Union Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

I really enjoyed working with the pts
pca/unit secretary (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 16, 2014
Pros: i walk alot and really enjoy that
Cons: the dinner break seemed so short
The LPNS and the RNs are awesome. They treated the pts really wonderful. I really enjoyed wokring with all different types of surgeries done on the orthopedic ward. I loved talking to the families of the pts on the floor. I really loved taking the pts to car. The families were waiting to take them home.
Clean and remodeled spacious private rooms
med/surg nurse (Former Employee), Elkton, MDMarch 15, 2014
Pros: allowed for learning oppurtunites
Cons: heavy case load
They do 12 hr shifts. When you arrive you received your assignment of up to 8 patients. Receive report and log into computer to pull up info on when meds are due and if any patients are going to testing or OR. Give report to Techs then start assessments. Have mobile computers to do charting. I learned good assessment skills and iv skills. I enjoyed – more... my fellow nursing team. Hardest for me was converting time from day to night shift since I worked both shifts. – less
great place
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), Elkton, MDFebruary 25, 2014
fun while I was there. I only did volunteer work so I didn't get into the whole operations.
productive comapny great orthopedic unit
Care Associate (Current Employee), baltimore, mdFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: great o workers
Cons: short breaks, alot of on call
typical work day depending omn the day of theek you have to have on roller skates because it can get hectic quickly
Caring for critically ill patients
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 26, 2014
Worked with an exceptional team of nurses and ancillary staff.
Worked in ICU 12-hour days
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 18, 2014
Received a lot of Intensive care experience. Had good experience with co-workers over the years. Found that they began hiring more new grads and offering early retirement to older,experienced nurses.
Very busy
Central Scheduler (Former Employee), Dover, OHJanuary 17, 2014
Very busy environment, a lot of incoming calls between 9 cubical which were not always filled.I loved the work, and the communications with public and offices
Productive work flow, fast pace environment, patient room cleanliness.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the responsibility of cleaning surgery rooms, providing a clean and sanitized environment for nurses and doctors
Cons: being short staffed at times and pulling doubles runs
Cart set up, patient care, pull trash and sanitize surfaces.
Mixing chemicals, disposing patient confidentiality properly.
Managers would assist with bed ready stats, co-workers would work as a team to make sure patients came first. The hardest part of the job is patients passing away. Providing comfort to all patients with their stay at the hospital.
It was ok place to work some good benifits
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore mdJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: working only 3days a week and free food
Cons: 13 hour days
I worked 6am-730pm 3 days a week and it could be fun but sometimes the units would have a lot of people and staff would be short at times. my co workers were ok for the most part always have some who don't work well with others i made some friendships there that i still have. Management was ok at times like some supervisors more than otheers.
wonderful Place to Work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2013
Great staff, great management. Can not say enough good things about this Hospital.
Patient Services Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2013
Pros: everything!
Amazing people that work there. Managers do their jobs, work with you and try to help you excel.
Productive and caring workplace environment.
RN II- CVSD, Congestive Heart Failure Unit (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2013
Great teaching hospital with an excellent heart program. A very caring environment with supportive coworkers. I've had the opportunity to obtained a solid assessment skills foundation. CHF rounds are done every weekday with head cardiologist. This is a very rewarding process that has educated both staff and patients in many ways.
Fast paced, but I like that
Bedmaker (Housekeeping) (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 22, 2013
Pros: fast, good people
Cons: get into some nasty stuff at times
starting the job is very fast and not any time for sitting around . Meeting many people is a plus and the management is very approachable.
It was ok
Medical Secretary/Curtis National Hand (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: some or my co-workers
Cons: management
My work place was not friendly
Management was not loyal
parking was not accomandating
Exciting workplace with many areas of interest.
Externship (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INSeptember 4, 2013
Although I was only at Union Hospital for a short period of time, I learned many different aspects of the HIM field. I went into my externship every week with a new area of the HIM field to shadow. I learned that this field has many possibilities to further my career. The managers and staff were fun-loving and dedicated to making my stay there a learning – more... experience. The hardest part of the job was not being able to stay in one department so that I could learn everything about that department. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a chance to see the many different areas of the HIM field, which only confirmed that I went into the right career. – less
Charge Nurse
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Elkton, MDSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: worked 12 hr shifts
Cons: worked nights
Direct patient care, assigning duties, taking and receiving shift report. Taking off orders/calling for orders. Monitoring telemetry. Obtaining labs, EKGs. Starting IV's and maintaining infusions. Giving medications as ordered. Obtaining vital signs and physical assesments and charting findings.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Service (Current Employee), Elkton, MDAugust 28, 2013
Great place to volunteer. Learned a lot. Nice and friendly people to work with.
Nice place to work, long drive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 22, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: long drive
32 bed surgical care unit, with a patient to nurse ratio of 5:1 or 6:1 on an average night.
Management is great.
There is a lot of teamwork, and most nurses are willing to help each other.
The shifts are 12.5 hours, with a 30 minute lunch.
The hardest part is the drive.
Commited to employee satisfaction
Office Admin (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2013
Great place to work!! Excellent benefits. Clock in daily M-F and works with no supervision. Learned inventory control and office management. Co-workers are great and friendly.
gym
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2013
Pros: they had their picks
Cons: no commeradry to me
Start hour before looking for equipment,punch clock go to design area. Getting trash together,sweeping floors washing them waxing or buffing ect. it was a job some management cared in some didn't .Coworkers good peoples,looking for machines to do my job!!! THE PEOPLE I WORKED WIHT AN PATIENTS.

1 2 3 4

About Union Memorial Hospital

Not quite for time immemorial, but MedStar Union Memorial Hospital (formerly Union Memorial Hospital) has been caring for patients – Read more

Union Memorial Hospital Photos