Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

na
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2017
its a very nice place to work staff is friendly and welcoming.. the food is ok but I love the gift shop they have its very nice and clean and if you d
Nurses suck
Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
The hospital cares only about the nurses whether they are right or wrong. All the new nurses coming out of school dont know how to do anything but pass meds. They expect the techs to do everything while the nurses sit around and chart all shift. If a nurse complains about you to management, they take the word of tje nurse no matter what. The techs do most all the work and get treated the worst. There is no respect given. You end up having to teach nurses how to do things and they still feel the need to disrespect you and the years you have been on the medical field.
Pros
There were no pros when i worked there
Cons
Just lack of respect and lack of pay for back breaking labor
Productive & Care free
Medical Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
Great place to work at, I only volunteered but for the short amount of time I was there I met people from janitors to ceos everyone is there to help you or atleast help the volunteers.
Pros
Free lunches & lengthy breaks
Cons
Environmental Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
Do your work and mind your business and watch the company that you keep.go there and do the work that you are paid to do and don't get caught up in other people business
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Its average
Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
I want work diffrent medstar.cause i want to see about change and i want grow some more.But i do love taking care of patitents and meeting new people.
fun workplace
PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
A typical work day for me with this company was transporting patients through out the hospital. I performed the jobs by using wheel chairs, beds, and stretchers.
I wouldn't recommend any medstar
Central Store (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2017
Medstar is quick to lay their own employees off and bring in a contract company to cut down on money. Management is unprofessional. Adults here isn't doing nothing but telling on each other, or gossiping about someone else's life. Union Memorial is the worse place to work at. I would never work here again.
Union
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2017
The hospital was well organized, management on my floor wasn't the best. The patient ratio to staff not the best, as it was based on how many beds were filled. Patient safety was a concern, especially isolation patients.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Great facility!
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2017
Great gym to belong to because the personal attention that I gave to members made them feel as though they were cared about and would get results from coming in to exercise.
welcoming
Administrative/Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2017
Very nice place to work. They care a lot about their employees and makes everyone feel valued. Great team work and chances to advance
Pros
enviroment
N/a
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2017
*team work
* Interacting With the patients
* making patients day / Communication
* making sure my work done correctly
* making sure patient is satisfied
Productive and good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is challenging and busy. I was able to work in a diverse community and gain satisfaction from helping others.
high stress- moving an OR to computerized charting and billing
Surgical Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218July 5, 2016
This started as a consultant job for CSC to move the operating rooms of the 6 MedStar hospitals to computerized charting and billing.
When the project was complete Union Memorial offered me a job managing the scheduling and billing office of the OR. We had block scheduling and this too was computerized under PICIS( computerized charting system) Supplies used and ICD-9 codes were incorporated into the billing system. I was responsible for any reports needed concerning the operating room. OR utilization and utilization data by surgeon, utilization by room, were just some of the reports.
The most enjoyable part was training the staff on the new computer system, and working with block scheduling and billing.
The job was high stress due to time constraints and revenues.
friendly
front desk securty/ receptionist Voluteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2016
nice friendly work place although I was moved around because I didnt know the hospital layout which is fine but I do wish theywould have given me a chance to learn it before placing me somewhere else
working a medstar hospital was fulfilling
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218June 8, 2016
I no longer would like to commit to the time and effort needed to maintain RN status in the critical care unit (obtaining BLS by 2020) multiple compentencies and frequent addition of new equipment.
Pros
loved the people i worked with
Cons
short staffed, no secretaries to answer the phone or open the locked doors for visitation
great place to work
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2016
Excellent place to work. Wish that I wouldn't have stayed there. love the hours and co workers. great benefits . ..........
Pros
family place
Cons
pay
Student Pharmacist perspective of union memorial
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2016
I was a student pharmacist at MUMH for multiple rotations and greatly enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to interact with.
Worked at Union for 37 years in many different capacities. Loved working with the Dr's and got to know so many people. Worked with medical students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2016
Started working the admitting office
loved it learned how to admit patients and send them where
they were required.
Learned so much as Security Secretary about meeting and dealing with the public
also worked in our parking office where I met most of the employees who worked at the hospital. Made so many friends
Learned about insurance and collections in the billing and collection office
Finally went to work in Department of Medicine as student coordinator. Enjoyed meeting the medical students who rotated for their medicine rotations from all over the world
Pros
Met so many interesting people. Learned how to deal with the public
Cons
Can't say I really had any cons. Loved all of my jobs
productive work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
house keeping was a stepping stone. I learned alot while working in house keeping. Like being patien and safety along with other things.
Co-workers
Lab Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
I have worked with good co-workers. We are a good team. We can count on each other to help get the job done in time. When one cannot come in to work for personal reason, we always help out by covering his/her shift so we can have the job done on time. Management is in full support with their staff.