Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2016
Excellent place to work. Wish that I wouldn't have stayed there. love the hours and co workers. great benefits . ..........
Pros
family place
Cons
pay
Student Pharmacist perspective of union memorial
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2016
I was a student pharmacist at MUMH for multiple rotations and greatly enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to interact with.
Worked at Union for 37 years in many different capacities. Loved working with the Dr's and got to know so many people. Worked with medical students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2016
Started working the admitting office
loved it learned how to admit patients and send them where
they were required.
Learned so much as Security Secretary about meeting and dealing with the public
also worked in our parking office where I met most of the employees who worked at the hospital. Made so many friends
Learned about insurance and collections in the billing and collection office
Finally went to work in Department of Medicine as student coordinator. Enjoyed meeting the medical students who rotated for their medicine rotations from all over the world
Pros
Met so many interesting people. Learned how to deal with the public
Cons
Can't say I really had any cons. Loved all of my jobs
productive work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
house keeping was a stepping stone. I learned alot while working in house keeping. Like being patien and safety along with other things.
Co-workers
Lab Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
I have worked with good co-workers. We are a good team. We can count on each other to help get the job done in time. When one cannot come in to work for personal reason, we always help out by covering his/her shift so we can have the job done on time. Management is in full support with their staff.
Intern
Patient Transport Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
When I worked here I was a summer intern and enjoyed the environment. It was a friendly workplace with co-workers who cared.
I enjoyed working in a hospital you meet all walks of life also given a lot of technical skills needed on an off the job.
CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working every floor in the hospital enhancing my skills technically on every unit also the president and CEO greet me by stating 'You keep up the good job you doing.'.
Pros
I enjoyed using my knowledge and technical skills throughout the entire hospital units.
Cons
I had nothing too complain about working at Union Memorial hospital.
Great place to work!
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2016
great staff and great work environment! Fun co workers and just all around good people. The hardest part are the early mornings (day starts at 5 a.m) and usually we work 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Early mornings, Long days
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Typical laboratory. Co workers are great and easy to get along with. Management is very helpful and caring, they are considerate about you as an employee and growth. There isn't anything hard about this job that you won't see in another laboratory. I enjoy the flexibility of my supervisors.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short on staff sometimes
good
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2015
The customers were kind and easy to work with.
I learned a lot.
The supervisors and co-workers were easy to get along with.
Overall, I enjoyed working at the company.
Productive and enjoyed working there
Hospital staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2015
It was a great place to work for. It was my part time job to supplement my income. It was diverse,it was a professional atmosphere and I enjoyed working there. I had decided to retire and relocate to North Carolina.
Its a good job place
Line Server/Catering associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2015
work at union memorial is a good experience if you never worked in food service before ..but overall a typically day at work is preparing meals food patients making sure that they are getting the right food for the diet that they are on
Union hospital of cecil county
Registered Nurse, Same Day Surgery/Recovery Room (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 22, 2015
Lost my second family. I worked there for 13 years. typical day there was busy. I started my career there as unit clerk and put myself through nursing school. did do intern/externship through here . Was pediatrics nurse, med/surg nurse, then same day surgery and recovery nurse.
Nice place to work with friendly staff
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2015
Greeted patients. Scheduled appointments. Scheduled surgeries.
Friendly coworkers. Answered phones. Most enjoyable part was meeting patients and interacting with them and their families.
Cons
Not enough time for breaks and lunch.
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 4, 2015
Management has been great and the schedule has been flexible which I find tremendously important! The staff is very welcoming and friendly and I couldn't ask for a more welcoming place to work.
It really was educational working for this company.
E.R. RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2015
Customer service/ clerical skills,team-player supportive management. Watching a loved one of a family die. Seeing a patient recover.
Helps patients with their personal hygiene, such as bathing and keeping beds, clothing and living areas clean. Takes and records measures of patient’s
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/ CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  baltimore,MDJune 22, 2015
wonderful, new experience, and very fast paced. Loved my co worker. Shifts where long but I enjoyed the patients. Would love to go back after I finish schooling next year
Secure Job
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2015
Good job not enough pay some shifts are terrible and not enough TEAM work benefits are very good would not recommend working in a hospital if you do not care about others definetly something yu should not be doing just to get a check
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
pay
Excellent work place
Hospital Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
Working in a hospital leads to new task and oppourtunity each and everyday. Learned that working in sucha place theres always a chance to meet new people and network to further you chances in life.

My managment team wasnt perfect but who is. They made sure we were well treated on a day to ay bases..Everyone was treated equally.

My coworkers all had diiferent personalities but I got along with everyone we did what we had to do to make sure we gave the best costomer service and that we where the best transport team period.

Hardest part of my job was taking bodies tothe morgue.
Easiest part was coming to work everyday and being anle to eme.
Pros
WORKING IN A HOSPITAL WITH LOTS OF DIFFFERENT PEOPLE
Cons
WITNESSING DEATH
Yuck.
Care Associate (CA) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
HATED!!!!!! working here so much.... The Nurses suck. The Nurse Assistants were great. The Doctors were okay. There is no support here. No one wants to work together as a team. It's survival of the fittest and everyone has an ATTITUDE!
Pros
Patients
Cons
Coworkers, Mangers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.