Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

working a medstar hospital was fulfilling
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218June 8, 2016
I no longer would like to commit to the time and effort needed to maintain RN status in the critical care unit (obtaining BLS by 2020) multiple compentencies and frequent addition of new equipment.
Pros
loved the people i worked with
Cons
short staffed, no secretaries to answer the phone or open the locked doors for visitation
high stress- moving an OR to computerized charting and billing
Surgical Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218July 5, 2016
This started as a consultant job for CSC to move the operating rooms of the 6 MedStar hospitals to computerized charting and billing.
When the project was complete Union Memorial offered me a job managing the scheduling and billing office of the OR. We had block scheduling and this too was computerized under PICIS( computerized charting system) Supplies used and ICD-9 codes were incorporated into the billing system. I was responsible for any reports needed concerning the operating room. OR utilization and utilization data by surgeon, utilization by room, were just some of the reports.
The most enjoyable part was training the staff on the new computer system, and working with block scheduling and billing.
The job was high stress due to time constraints and revenues.
I enjoyed working in a hospital you meet all walks of life also given a lot of technical skills needed on an off the job.
CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working every floor in the hospital enhancing my skills technically on every unit also the president and CEO greet me by stating 'You keep up the good job you doing.'.
Pros
I enjoyed using my knowledge and technical skills throughout the entire hospital units.
Cons
I had nothing too complain about working at Union Memorial hospital.
Worked at Union for 37 years in many different capacities. Loved working with the Dr's and got to know so many people. Worked with medical students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2016
Started working the admitting office
loved it learned how to admit patients and send them where
they were required.
Learned so much as Security Secretary about meeting and dealing with the public
also worked in our parking office where I met most of the employees who worked at the hospital. Made so many friends
Learned about insurance and collections in the billing and collection office
Finally went to work in Department of Medicine as student coordinator. Enjoyed meeting the medical students who rotated for their medicine rotations from all over the world
Pros
Met so many interesting people. Learned how to deal with the public
Cons
Can't say I really had any cons. Loved all of my jobs
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Typical laboratory. Co workers are great and easy to get along with. Management is very helpful and caring, they are considerate about you as an employee and growth. There isn't anything hard about this job that you won't see in another laboratory. I enjoy the flexibility of my supervisors.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short on staff sometimes
friendly
front desk securty/ receptionist Voluteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2016
nice friendly work place although I was moved around because I didnt know the hospital layout which is fine but I do wish theywould have given me a chance to learn it before placing me somewhere else
Co-workers
Lab Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
I have worked with good co-workers. We are a good team. We can count on each other to help get the job done in time. When one cannot come in to work for personal reason, we always help out by covering his/her shift so we can have the job done on time. Management is in full support with their staff.
Student Pharmacist perspective of union memorial
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2016
I was a student pharmacist at MUMH for multiple rotations and greatly enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to interact with.
Great place to work!
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2016
great staff and great work environment! Fun co workers and just all around good people. The hardest part are the early mornings (day starts at 5 a.m) and usually we work 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Early mornings, Long days
great place to work
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2016
Excellent place to work. Wish that I wouldn't have stayed there. love the hours and co workers. great benefits . ..........
Pros
family place
Cons
pay
productive work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
house keeping was a stepping stone. I learned alot while working in house keeping. Like being patien and safety along with other things.
Intern
Patient Transport Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
When I worked here I was a summer intern and enjoyed the environment. It was a friendly workplace with co-workers who cared.
Productive and enjoyed working there
Hospital staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2015
It was a great place to work for. It was my part time job to supplement my income. It was diverse,it was a professional atmosphere and I enjoyed working there. I had decided to retire and relocate to North Carolina.
Its a good job place
Line Server/Catering associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2015
work at union memorial is a good experience if you never worked in food service before ..but overall a typically day at work is preparing meals food patients making sure that they are getting the right food for the diet that they are on
good
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2015
The customers were kind and easy to work with.
I learned a lot.
The supervisors and co-workers were easy to get along with.
Overall, I enjoyed working at the company.
Union hospital of cecil county
Registered Nurse, Same Day Surgery/Recovery Room (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 22, 2015
Lost my second family. I worked there for 13 years. typical day there was busy. I started my career there as unit clerk and put myself through nursing school. did do intern/externship through here . Was pediatrics nurse, med/surg nurse, then same day surgery and recovery nurse.
Excellent work place
Hospital Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
Working in a hospital leads to new task and oppourtunity each and everyday. Learned that working in sucha place theres always a chance to meet new people and network to further you chances in life.

My managment team wasnt perfect but who is. They made sure we were well treated on a day to ay bases..Everyone was treated equally.

My coworkers all had diiferent personalities but I got along with everyone we did what we had to do to make sure we gave the best costomer service and that we where the best transport team period.

Hardest part of my job was taking bodies tothe morgue.
Easiest part was coming to work everyday and being anle to eme.
Pros
WORKING IN A HOSPITAL WITH LOTS OF DIFFFERENT PEOPLE
Cons
WITNESSING DEATH
Helps patients with their personal hygiene, such as bathing and keeping beds, clothing and living areas clean. Takes and records measures of patient’s
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/ CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  baltimore,MDJune 22, 2015
wonderful, new experience, and very fast paced. Loved my co worker. Shifts where long but I enjoyed the patients. Would love to go back after I finish schooling next year
Nice place to work with friendly staff
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2015
Greeted patients. Scheduled appointments. Scheduled surgeries.
Friendly coworkers. Answered phones. Most enjoyable part was meeting patients and interacting with them and their families.
Cons
Not enough time for breaks and lunch.
Great working environment but poor training skills.
registered respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 29, 2015
I loved working at Union Hospital for two years. The hospital is very nice and I had access to everything that I needed to fulfill my work duties. I liked my co-workers, they were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I disagree with their training of new employees. I was misinformed about documentation when I first started by a fellow employee who had also been misinformed. Because of this lack of appropriate training, I lost my job at Union Hospital.
Pros
Great work environment, nice employees, good compensation

Union Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location