Union Memorial Hospital

Union Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Intern
Volunteer Services (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 3, 2014
I was an intern at Union hospital and I enjoyed my position. It was great to gain some professional experience and to work in such a beautiful building. My experience was great and I learned valuable skills.
Wonderful place to work the years I was there. Advanced as far as I could in this setting.
Registered Nurse/Staff nurse (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 29, 2014
Completely enjoyed all the years I was at the hospital. I gained knowledge and skills during my time. I had the opportunity to care for both wellness and chronic disease states of all ages. I also was involved in committee work. Enjoyed the 12 hour shifts to allow more time at home when my children were young.
great place to work
Internship (Former Employee), Elkton, MDJune 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
Everyone I worked with were great people. A typical day involved mostly sorting mail and reorganizing files. I learned that I strive for perfection in every task I perform. Management was easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with a professional staff who cared about their jobs.
Great team of people
Operating Room RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2014
Enjoyed my work environment and colleagues very much! Was part of a salaried team -- everyone pitched in to "get it all done."
Orthopedic floor, fast past
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2014
start with 4-5 post-op orthopedic patients
initial assessment
provide daily and pain medications
discharge and admit patients
review charts and orders
work closer with MDs and PAs
interaction with patients and families
As a volunteer I cannot comment specifically on Job Security/Advancement, or Compensation and Benefits
Volunteer IT Specialist (Current Employee), Elkton, MDMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great experience, welcoming community.
Cons: not enough hands on.
As a volunteer at Union Hospital I worked in a fairly positive environment with well knowledge IT professionals, and assisted in the migration of out of date Windows xp systems to newer Windows 7 systems. Older Machines were Ghosted with new installations of Windows 7 using Symantec Norton Ghost. General troubleshooting of machines including software – more... update and installation, printer management, and computer/peripheral replacement. – less
Productive and physical
LAUNDRY ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 2, 2014
Cons: healthcare
The hardest part of the job is pushing and pulling 10-20 400- 500 pound carts of laundry 5 miles 6 times a day.
Best place EVER!!!!!
Rad Tech (Former Employee), Elkton, MDApril 17, 2014
This is the best place I have ever worked. Never have I worked someplace where the upper management was so approachable. All the depts. are warm and inviting. I miss it there everyday.
Organization is lacking
Student Nurse Associate I (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 11, 2014
Small hospital. Organization is lacking and employees are not given much appreciation for their hard work. Current nurses don't care to be bothered with students that are coming in for clinical's which makes for a long and hard clinical day
I really enjoyed working with the pts
pca/unit secretary (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 16, 2014
Pros: i walk alot and really enjoy that
Cons: the dinner break seemed so short
The LPNS and the RNs are awesome. They treated the pts really wonderful. I really enjoyed wokring with all different types of surgeries done on the orthopedic ward. I loved talking to the families of the pts on the floor. I really loved taking the pts to car. The families were waiting to take them home.
Clean and remodeled spacious private rooms
med/surg nurse (Former Employee), Elkton, MDMarch 15, 2014
Pros: allowed for learning oppurtunites
Cons: heavy case load
They do 12 hr shifts. When you arrive you received your assignment of up to 8 patients. Receive report and log into computer to pull up info on when meds are due and if any patients are going to testing or OR. Give report to Techs then start assessments. Have mobile computers to do charting. I learned good assessment skills and iv skills. I enjoyed – more... my fellow nursing team. Hardest for me was converting time from day to night shift since I worked both shifts. – less
great place
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), Elkton, MDFebruary 25, 2014
fun while I was there. I only did volunteer work so I didn't get into the whole operations.
productive comapny great orthopedic unit
Care Associate (Current Employee), baltimore, mdFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: great o workers
Cons: short breaks, alot of on call
typical work day depending omn the day of theek you have to have on roller skates because it can get hectic quickly
Caring for critically ill patients
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 26, 2014
Worked with an exceptional team of nurses and ancillary staff.
Worked in ICU 12-hour days
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 18, 2014
Received a lot of Intensive care experience. Had good experience with co-workers over the years. Found that they began hiring more new grads and offering early retirement to older,experienced nurses.
Very busy
Central Scheduler (Former Employee), Dover, OHJanuary 17, 2014
Very busy environment, a lot of incoming calls between 9 cubical which were not always filled.I loved the work, and the communications with public and offices
Productive work flow, fast pace environment, patient room cleanliness.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the responsibility of cleaning surgery rooms, providing a clean and sanitized environment for nurses and doctors
Cons: being short staffed at times and pulling doubles runs
Cart set up, patient care, pull trash and sanitize surfaces.
Mixing chemicals, disposing patient confidentiality properly.
Managers would assist with bed ready stats, co-workers would work as a team to make sure patients came first. The hardest part of the job is patients passing away. Providing comfort to all patients with their stay at the hospital.
It was ok place to work some good benifits
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore mdJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: working only 3days a week and free food
Cons: 13 hour days
I worked 6am-730pm 3 days a week and it could be fun but sometimes the units would have a lot of people and staff would be short at times. my co workers were ok for the most part always have some who don't work well with others i made some friendships there that i still have. Management was ok at times like some supervisors more than otheers.
wonderful Place to Work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 25, 2013
Great staff, great management. Can not say enough good things about this Hospital.
Patient Services Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2013
Pros: everything!
Amazing people that work there. Managers do their jobs, work with you and try to help you excel.

1 2 3 4

About Union Memorial Hospital

Not quite for time immemorial, but MedStar Union Memorial Hospital (formerly Union Memorial Hospital) has been caring for patients – Read more

Union Memorial Hospital Photos