Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

growing rehab department
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2017
I started there as a new graduate and had many opportunities offered. Work caseload was unevenly distributed - management was inconsistent and not supportive (unable to vs unwilling to). Other opportunities came my way. Would recommend as a great place for a slightly more experienced therapist.
Pros
many specialties in one medical center
Cons
many therapists and little tech support
The people I worked with were great
Director of Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 13, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. I would have never left except my wife got a job too far away for me to drive so I went to work for First Health. I truly loved this job. It was the best.
Pros
The kind people
Cons
The CEO at the time was kind of hard but fair.
most of the time over worked and under paid
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2017
I enjoy taking care people. The level of care required needs more time than we you can offer. Something has to give in order for the care needed versus amount to offer can be balanced. Less documentation or lesser patient load.
Productive and fun
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Union Memorial Hospital is one of the best places I have worked in my life. My colleagues and my bosses are awesome to work with - my departmental members work as if we are members of the same family.
Good work atmosphere
Surgical Technologist/ Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2017
Excellent place to work. Family culture and everybody looks out for each other. Management team for the most part are transparent. Good benefits and everyone for the most part are very approachable.
Pros
Professional and friendly employees
Cons
Small community hospital, no variety in cases
You get a chance to meet different people
Multi Functional Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed the I care status that they abide by. This was something that helped me to grow in the company. It was a great thing to know that all of got caring acts never went unnoticed.
Pros
Great workplace.
Cons
There were none
na
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2017
its a very nice place to work staff is friendly and welcoming.. the food is ok but I love the gift shop they have its very nice and clean and if you d
Nurses suck
Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
The hospital cares only about the nurses whether they are right or wrong. All the new nurses coming out of school dont know how to do anything but pass meds. They expect the techs to do everything while the nurses sit around and chart all shift. If a nurse complains about you to management, they take the word of tje nurse no matter what. The techs do most all the work and get treated the worst. There is no respect given. You end up having to teach nurses how to do things and they still feel the need to disrespect you and the years you have been on the medical field.
Pros
There were no pros when i worked there
Cons
Just lack of respect and lack of pay for back breaking labor
Productive & Care free
Medical Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2017
Great place to work at, I only volunteered but for the short amount of time I was there I met people from janitors to ceos everyone is there to help you or atleast help the volunteers.
Pros
Free lunches & lengthy breaks
Cons
Environmental Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
Do your work and mind your business and watch the company that you keep.go there and do the work that you are paid to do and don't get caught up in other people business
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Its average
Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
I want work diffrent medstar.cause i want to see about change and i want grow some more.But i do love taking care of patitents and meeting new people.
fun workplace
PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
A typical work day for me with this company was transporting patients through out the hospital. I performed the jobs by using wheel chairs, beds, and stretchers.
I wouldn't recommend any medstar
Central Store (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2017
Medstar is quick to lay their own employees off and bring in a contract company to cut down on money. Management is unprofessional. Adults here isn't doing nothing but telling on each other, or gossiping about someone else's life. Union Memorial is the worse place to work at. I would never work here again.
Union
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2017
The hospital was well organized, management on my floor wasn't the best. The patient ratio to staff not the best, as it was based on how many beds were filled. Patient safety was a concern, especially isolation patients.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Great facility!
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2017
Great gym to belong to because the personal attention that I gave to members made them feel as though they were cared about and would get results from coming in to exercise.
welcoming
Administrative/Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2017
Very nice place to work. They care a lot about their employees and makes everyone feel valued. Great team work and chances to advance
Pros
enviroment
N/a
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2017
*team work
* Interacting With the patients
* making patients day / Communication
* making sure my work done correctly
* making sure patient is satisfied
Productive and good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is challenging and busy. I was able to work in a diverse community and gain satisfaction from helping others.
high stress- moving an OR to computerized charting and billing
Surgical Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218July 5, 2016
This started as a consultant job for CSC to move the operating rooms of the 6 MedStar hospitals to computerized charting and billing.
When the project was complete Union Memorial offered me a job managing the scheduling and billing office of the OR. We had block scheduling and this too was computerized under PICIS( computerized charting system) Supplies used and ICD-9 codes were incorporated into the billing system. I was responsible for any reports needed concerning the operating room. OR utilization and utilization data by surgeon, utilization by room, were just some of the reports.
The most enjoyable part was training the staff on the new computer system, and working with block scheduling and billing.
The job was high stress due to time constraints and revenues.
friendly
front desk securty/ receptionist Voluteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2016
nice friendly work place although I was moved around because I didnt know the hospital layout which is fine but I do wish theywould have given me a chance to learn it before placing me somewhere else