Union Memorial Hospital

Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great working environment but poor training skills.
registered respiratory therapist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, nice employees, good compensation
I loved working at Union Hospital for two years. The hospital is very nice and I had access to everything that I needed to fulfill my work duties. I liked my co-workers, they were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I disagree with their training of new employees. I was misinformed about documentation when I first started by a fellow employee who had also been misinformed. Because of this lack of appropriate training, I lost my job at Union Hospital.
Provincial
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Elkton, MDApril 7, 2015
Good local hospital. Provincial. Great co-workers. High turnover rate on some floors. Lots of travelers. Poor management. Lack of structure, support and recognition for nurses. Raises?
Union Hospital Admitting Department
Admitting Rep/ Patient Registration (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 4, 2015
Pros: Fast pase environment and interaction multiple patients.
Cons: Not having enough time with the patients, also lack of staffing in the Admitting department.
The Emergency room is intense and fast pace. I have learned how to work under stress and pressure. The management is outstanding, and my co-workers are enjoyable to be around. The most difficult part of my job is time management, however, I have learned the skills that I need in order to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the ability to work closely with patients and patient's family members in the registration and insurance process.
Excellent Hospital
Medical Assistant, Externship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a lot while working there. I learned how it was to work in a medical facility and it made me want to make a career out of being a medical assistant even more.
Heart Warming, Friendly Environment
Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 17, 2014
Interning at Union Hospital has been very rewarding because it is a completely different environment than what I'm used to. At Union I had the opportunity to work in the ER as a patient representative and social work intern as well as a patient representative in ICU. I learned many things but most importantly I learned how to work with families and not just the client. I'm used to working with children and their parents from past summer camp positions but working with a variety of different people from different backgrounds has been a major lesson. Here at Union it is a friendly, peaceful environment. My co-workers were more than helpful when needed. I partnered with the Chaplain's office through Indiana State University. The head chaplain was more than willing to help coworkers through time of need. The hardest part of this job was not being able to help clients the way I wanted to. As a social worker you can help client's but only so much because it isn't our job to tell them what to do. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the smile on the client's faces when I was there to help. For me, it was heart warming to know that I helped a client get what they need or even just talk to the for the amount of time they were in the ER or in ICU.
Rewarding and enjoyable
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 15, 2014
Pros: helping others and my co workers
Cons: not being able to help everyone
Everyday I would work with nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy to help patients to improve their quality of life. We worked well as a team to benefit the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in the patients. We would have patients come back and visit and be so thankful and doing so well. The hardest was when the patient was not benefiting and not able to return to home.
Great Team to work with very friendly atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 14, 2014
Some days are slow and other days enough work to have the day go by fast. I have learned an abundance of knowledge through extensive trainings how to manage different mood levels of individuals. Working with management was great very understanding of ones needs, co-workers very team oriented. The hardest part of the job is seeing the disadvantage of supports that are out there for people that are looking for help. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing an individual succeed and become successful in maintaing there issues.
favorite job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Elkton, MDNovember 5, 2014
Union hospital was my favorite place to work with amazing co worker, steady flow of patients, fun work environment and very team oriented.
Internship for Phlebotomy (Former Employee), Elkton, MDOctober 27, 2014
Did my intership for phebotomy here. Worked in the lab doing blood draws
Able to work from home or go into the office as needed.
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 22, 2014
The work at home experience was great. However, it is also good to work in an office situation with other employees. The benefit of working in the office is the daily learning process that occurs during day to day operations.
I really enjoyed my experience at Union Hospital
Medical Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dover, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: location
Very nice place to work with friendly staff. Pay was very good, and raises were great.
SAME AS ABOVE
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
SAME AS JOHNS HOPKINS REVIEWS.......I LIKE THE BENEFITS IN HELPING PATIENTS
hard working multi-tasking worker
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
i love working with hard working people like myself flexible worker and fast leaning
Not Union Memorial, Just Union Hospital Terre Haute
Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 2, 2014
I am not allowed to comment on Union Hospital. I am under contract not to say anything or I could have legal action taken against me.
Great place to work. Fast pace.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: very fast paced environment.
Cons: staffing - need more employees.
Excellent place to work, knowledgeable coworkers and team spirit. Very busy and fast paced. Time management and understanding surgeons preferences are extremely important.
MICU staff RN
Staff RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2014
I did total care of patients and interacted with MD's and families.
Professional Caring Healthcare Provider
Director of Renal Services (Former Employee), Renal DepartmentSeptember 18, 2014
Managed 35 staff members
Complete oversight of all aspects of Patient Care
Great for experience
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Medstar Union MemorialSeptember 8, 2014
• Report patient history, perform physical assessments and performed EKGs.
• Manage and stock examination rooms with medical supplies.
• Register and discharge patients, creating follow-up appointments with electronic scheduling system.
• Scan, route, and organize medical documents within GE Centricity, (the department’s electronic medical record system.)
• Call in, fax refill requests to the pharmacy.
• Collect co- pays and reconcile/update insurance and demographic information.
• Contact external departments and offices to schedule appointments for internal department patients in order to optimize the patient experience.
• Organize and maintain medical charts for quality assurance and improvement measurements.
• Provide clinical data management support to physician and operations team.
• Organize the medication closet by reviewing and logging-out expired drugs, according to department and hospital protocol.
• Assisted with the “Go-Live” Implementation of Centricity Electronic Health Record.
• Assisted with the “Go-Live” Implementation of Centricity Business/ IDX (internet data exchange).
• Proficiency in usage of healthcare-based software systems, Medical Manager.
• Answer multiple phone lines and assist patients with scheduling and appointments.
My mistake was working nights . Too difficult with a high acuity of very ill patients on the hight shift.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), 200 E University Pkwy, Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good hospital training, learend much about many nursing protocols / proceedures, earning a reasonable income for my family.
Cons: high patient acuity, very little help on nights, a few difficult codes.
At that time, 1986 there was a nursing shortage and as a new nurse on nights I struggled with my first nursing job. It was short lived and I almost left nursing due to my difficult time there. I still learned a lot and moved on to Keswick, where my career in nursing was saved. I gained more confidence and realized I needed to move on .At Union Memorial I had attended Johnston School of Practical Nursing 1985-1986 and ended with high marks.
Consulant
Siemens Consultant-Assessment Builder (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 26, 2014
I was a consultant for this hosptial during a rebuild process.

1 2 3 4 5

About Union Memorial Hospital

Not quite for time immemorial, but MedStar Union Memorial Hospital (formerly Union Memorial Hospital) has been caring for patients – Read more