Union Memorial Hospital

Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice place to work with friendly staff
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2015
Cons: Not enough time for breaks and lunch.
Greeted patients. Scheduled appointments. Scheduled surgeries.
Friendly coworkers. Answered phones. Most enjoyable part was meeting patients and interacting with them and their families.
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee), Elkton, MDJuly 4, 2015
Management has been great and the schedule has been flexible which I find tremendously important! The staff is very welcoming and friendly and I couldn't ask for a more welcoming place to work.
IT REALLY WAS EDUCATIONAL WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY.
E.R. RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2015
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CLERICAL SKILLS,TEAM-PLAYER SUPPORTIVE MANAGEMENT. WATCHING A LOVED ONE OF A FAMILY DIE. SEEING A PATIENT RECOVER.
Helps patients with their personal hygiene, such as bathing and keeping beds, clothing and living areas clean. Takes and records measures of patient’s
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/ CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), baltimore,MDJune 22, 2015
wonderful, new experience, and very fast paced. Loved my co worker. Shifts where long but I enjoyed the patients. Would love to go back after I finish schooling next year
Secure Job
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: pay
Good job not enough pay some shifts are terrible and not enough TEAM work benefits are very good would not recommend working in a hospital if you do not care about others definetly something yu should not be doing just to get a check
EXCELLENT WORK PLACE
Hospital Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
Pros: WORKING IN A HOSPITAL WITH LOTS OF DIFFFERENT PEOPLE
Cons: WITNESSING DEATH
WORKING IN A HOSPITAL LEADS TO NEW TASK AND OPPOURTUNITY EACH AND EVERYDAY. LEARNED THAT WORKING IN SUCHA PLACE THERES ALWAYS A CHANCE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND NETWORK TO FURTHER YOU CHANCES IN LIFE.

MY MANAGMENT TEAM WASNT PERFECT BUT WHO IS. THEY MADE SURE WE WERE WELL TREATED ON A DAY TO AY BASES..EVERYONE WAS TREATED EQUALLY.

MY COWORKERS ALL HAD DIIFERENT PERSONALITIES BUT I GOT ALONG WITH EVERYONE WE DID WHAT WE HAD TO DO TO MAKE SURE WE GAVE THE BEST COSTOMER SERVICE AND THAT WE WHERE THE BEST TRANSPORT TEAM PERIOD.

HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS TAKING BODIES TOTHE MORGUE.
EASIEST PART WAS COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY AND BEING ANLE TO EME.
Yuck.
Care Associate (CA) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
Pros: Patients
Cons: Coworkers, Mangers
HATED!!!!!! working here so much.... The Nurses suck. The Nurse Assistants were great. The Doctors were okay. There is no support here. No one wants to work together as a team. It's survival of the fittest and everyone has an ATTITUDE!
Great working environment but poor training skills.
registered respiratory therapist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, nice employees, good compensation
I loved working at Union Hospital for two years. The hospital is very nice and I had access to everything that I needed to fulfill my work duties. I liked my co-workers, they were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I disagree with their training of new employees. I was misinformed about documentation when I first started by a fellow employee who had also been misinformed. Because of this lack of appropriate training, I lost my job at Union Hospital.
Provincial
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Elkton, MDApril 7, 2015
Good local hospital. Provincial. Great co-workers. High turnover rate on some floors. Lots of travelers. Poor management. Lack of structure, support and recognition for nurses. Raises?
Union Hospital Admitting Department
Admitting Rep/ Patient Registration (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 4, 2015
Pros: Fast pase environment and interaction multiple patients.
Cons: Not having enough time with the patients, also lack of staffing in the Admitting department.
The Emergency room is intense and fast pace. I have learned how to work under stress and pressure. The management is outstanding, and my co-workers are enjoyable to be around. The most difficult part of my job is time management, however, I have learned the skills that I need in order to accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the ability to work closely with patients and patient's family members in the registration and insurance process.
Excellent Hospital
Medical Assistant, Externship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2015
I learned a lot while working there. I learned how it was to work in a medical facility and it made me want to make a career out of being a medical assistant even more.
Heart Warming, Friendly Environment
Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 17, 2014
Interning at Union Hospital has been very rewarding because it is a completely different environment than what I'm used to. At Union I had the opportunity to work in the ER as a patient representative and social work intern as well as a patient representative in ICU. I learned many things but most importantly I learned how to work with families and not just the client. I'm used to working with children and their parents from past summer camp positions but working with a variety of different people from different backgrounds has been a major lesson. Here at Union it is a friendly, peaceful environment. My co-workers were more than helpful when needed. I partnered with the Chaplain's office through Indiana State University. The head chaplain was more than willing to help coworkers through time of need. The hardest part of this job was not being able to help clients the way I wanted to. As a social worker you can help client's but only so much because it isn't our job to tell them what to do. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the smile on the client's faces when I was there to help. For me, it was heart warming to know that I helped a client get what they need or even just talk to the for the amount of time they were in the ER or in ICU.
Rewarding and enjoyable
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 15, 2014
Pros: helping others and my co workers
Cons: not being able to help everyone
Everyday I would work with nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy to help patients to improve their quality of life. We worked well as a team to benefit the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in the patients. We would have patients come back and visit and be so thankful and doing so well. The hardest was when the patient was not benefiting and not able to return to home.
Great Team to work with very friendly atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 14, 2014
Some days are slow and other days enough work to have the day go by fast. I have learned an abundance of knowledge through extensive trainings how to manage different mood levels of individuals. Working with management was great very understanding of ones needs, co-workers very team oriented. The hardest part of the job is seeing the disadvantage of supports that are out there for people that are looking for help. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing an individual succeed and become successful in maintaing there issues.
favorite job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Elkton, MDNovember 5, 2014
Union hospital was my favorite place to work with amazing co worker, steady flow of patients, fun work environment and very team oriented.
Internship for Phlebotomy (Former Employee), Elkton, MDOctober 27, 2014
Did my intership for phebotomy here. Worked in the lab doing blood draws
Able to work from home or go into the office as needed.
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 22, 2014
The work at home experience was great. However, it is also good to work in an office situation with other employees. The benefit of working in the office is the daily learning process that occurs during day to day operations.
I really enjoyed my experience at Union Hospital
Medical Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dover, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: location
Very nice place to work with friendly staff. Pay was very good, and raises were great.
SAME AS ABOVE
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
SAME AS JOHNS HOPKINS REVIEWS.......I LIKE THE BENEFITS IN HELPING PATIENTS
hard working multi-tasking worker
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
i love working with hard working people like myself flexible worker and fast leaning

1 2 3 4 5

About Union Memorial Hospital

Not quite for time immemorial, but MedStar Union Memorial Hospital (formerly Union Memorial Hospital) has been caring for patients – Read more

Union Memorial Hospital Salaries