Union Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Typical laboratory. Co workers are great and easy to get along with. Management is very helpful and caring, they are considerate about you as an employee and growth. There isn't anything hard about this job that you won't see in another laboratory. I enjoy the flexibility of my supervisors.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short on staff sometimes
high stress- moving an OR to computerized charting and billing
Surgical Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218July 5, 2016
This started as a consultant job for CSC to move the operating rooms of the 6 MedStar hospitals to computerized charting and billing.
When the project was complete Union Memorial offered me a job managing the scheduling and billing office of the OR. We had block scheduling and this too was computerized under PICIS( computerized charting system) Supplies used and ICD-9 codes were incorporated into the billing system. I was responsible for any reports needed concerning the operating room. OR utilization and utilization data by surgeon, utilization by room, were just some of the reports.
The most enjoyable part was training the staff on the new computer system, and working with block scheduling and billing.
The job was high stress due to time constraints and revenues.
Worked at Union for 37 years in many different capacities. Loved working with the Dr's and got to know so many people. Worked with medical students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2016
Started working the admitting office
loved it learned how to admit patients and send them where
they were required.
Learned so much as Security Secretary about meeting and dealing with the public
also worked in our parking office where I met most of the employees who worked at the hospital. Made so many friends
Learned about insurance and collections in the billing and collection office
Finally went to work in Department of Medicine as student coordinator. Enjoyed meeting the medical students who rotated for their medicine rotations from all over the world
Pros
Met so many interesting people. Learned how to deal with the public
Cons
Can't say I really had any cons. Loved all of my jobs
I enjoyed working in a hospital you meet all walks of life also given a lot of technical skills needed on an off the job.
CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working every floor in the hospital enhancing my skills technically on every unit also the president and CEO greet me by stating 'You keep up the good job you doing.'.
Pros
I enjoyed using my knowledge and technical skills throughout the entire hospital units.
Cons
I had nothing too complain about working at Union Memorial hospital.
working a medstar hospital was fulfilling
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21218June 8, 2016
I no longer would like to commit to the time and effort needed to maintain RN status in the critical care unit (obtaining BLS by 2020) multiple compentencies and frequent addition of new equipment.
Pros
loved the people i worked with
Cons
short staffed, no secretaries to answer the phone or open the locked doors for visitation
Great working environment but poor training skills.
registered respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 29, 2015
I loved working at Union Hospital for two years. The hospital is very nice and I had access to everything that I needed to fulfill my work duties. I liked my co-workers, they were very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, I disagree with their training of new employees. I was misinformed about documentation when I first started by a fellow employee who had also been misinformed. Because of this lack of appropriate training, I lost my job at Union Hospital.
Pros
Great work environment, nice employees, good compensation
Co-workers
Lab Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
I have worked with good co-workers. We are a good team. We can count on each other to help get the job done in time. When one cannot come in to work for personal reason, we always help out by covering his/her shift so we can have the job done on time. Management is in full support with their staff.
friendly
front desk securty/ receptionist Voluteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2016
nice friendly work place although I was moved around because I didnt know the hospital layout which is fine but I do wish theywould have given me a chance to learn it before placing me somewhere else
Student Pharmacist perspective of union memorial
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2016
I was a student pharmacist at MUMH for multiple rotations and greatly enjoyed the experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to interact with.
great place to work
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2016
Excellent place to work. Wish that I wouldn't have stayed there. love the hours and co workers. great benefits . ..........
Pros
family place
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Union Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Secure Job
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2015
Good job not enough pay some shifts are terrible and not enough TEAM work benefits are very good would not recommend working in a hospital if you do not care about others definetly something yu should not be doing just to get a check
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
pay
Customer service oriented institution
Permanent Charge Nurse/Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Dover, OHJanuary 21, 2013
A typical day of work for me is generally very busy. I am a permanent charge nurse in the operating room. I am not part of management, however, I do have to make a lot of managerial decisions. I love working with patients and other customers, however, political issues tend to impede my abilities sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to care for my patients. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult staff personalities. Since, I have been a nurse for over 16 years, I must say I have learned many things. I must say my biggest lesson that I have learned is to accept those things that you can not change and continue giving my patient's 100%.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
poor supervision
Great place to work!
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2016
great staff and great work environment! Fun co workers and just all around good people. The hardest part are the early mornings (day starts at 5 a.m) and usually we work 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Early mornings, Long days
Provincial
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 7, 2015
Good local hospital. Provincial. Great co-workers. High turnover rate on some floors. Lots of travelers. Poor management. Lack of structure, support and recognition for nurses. Raises?
Great Pay for an easy job
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandFebruary 23, 2012
Job pay was excellent and so was scheduling, for you created your own schedule. However, you sit in a room with a patient for 12 hours with just a tv. Overnight shift is the worse because the patient is more than likely sleep and you have to try hard to stay awake with all the lights off. I became sleep deprived. But the worse part about the job is that although you are hired as full-time, your shifts can get canceled up to the start of your shift.
Pros
excellent pay and offered benefits
Cons
long hours and shifts getting canceled
productive work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
house keeping was a stepping stone. I learned alot while working in house keeping. Like being patien and safety along with other things.
Intern
Patient Transport Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2016
When I worked here I was a summer intern and enjoyed the environment. It was a friendly workplace with co-workers who cared.
working at union hospital in terre haute,in
Receptionist, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 6, 2013
enjoyed the staff i worked with.am very organized and enjoyed my job until our unit was closed in sept.2012.was put in a float pool and went from unit to unit.had a new supervisor who was new to the hospital and did not seem to like me and therefore terminated me after 31 years because of my attitude.
Pros
loved the hours, benefits and closeness to home
Cons
unhappy unit closed, seperated from co-workers i worked closely with, other units not happy with me, showed in my behavior
I really enjoyed my experience at Union Hospital
Medical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHOctober 20, 2014
Very nice place to work with friendly staff. Pay was very good, and raises were great.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
location
Commited to employee satisfaction
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2013
Great place to work!! Excellent benefits. Clock in daily M-F and works with no supervision. Learned inventory control and office management. Co-workers are great and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Union Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location