Union Rescue Mission Employee Reviews

Team oriented work enviorment. Spiritual care within staff as well as CLDP.
Chaplain Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2016
This work environment is very unique. This work place locates down town Skid Row LA.
I serve the Homeless as a volunteer chaplain 10 hours each week.
My main job role is pastoral care to provide spiritual and emotional care through 1:1 counseling, teaching (12 steps) and preaching.
I have learned that spiritual care starts with attentive listening and authentic relationship. I also learned that it is crucial to build up peaceful community as empowering and teaching those who are the vulnerable and addicted as routine daily life.
The hardest part of the job is to watch the addicted fail and have to support their healings as a chaplain.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there are some people who are set free from the bondage of addicts. It is also enjoyable to have a great chaplain teams through fellowship and staff meeting.
Pros
free lunch
people person
Employment and Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2016
Patience, Case Management,Employment and Business Advisor.
Co-workers are amazing. There is much to learn about homelessness on Skid Row. Remember, you must have great peoples skills and be an ambassador for everyone
Pros
Free meals
Cons
None noted
Heart warming place to work.
Intake Coordinator/Dorm Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
The URM is a place of love and people helping people.
Helping the homeless and people that are less fortunate than you (many are the same as you with life set-backs). Helping people and seeing how your help and your listening can help others to do better for themselves is a great gift. Great co-workers, no job to hard.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2016
Great agency to volunteer for. A typical day consisted of serving food to homeless individuals. Checking into the office was rather easy and the staff was really helpful.
Great place to work and serve!
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2016
Great place to work!

My co-workers were honest and hardworking!

The Company is a great place to work!

The management was good and respectful!

The hours were flexible!

The work was good!

The location is nice!
Loved it
Mission Rescue Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2016
love helping the homeless. im already blessed to have what i have being able to give a little bit make me feel good. Union rescue mission is a grat place that overs a lot to those who dont have a home
christian base program
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2015
it was nice to work in such a high paced environment love being apart of a team best part of the job was working as a team nothing was hard about the job because i love what i do.
Fast pace serving those in need
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2014
My last experience is as a Program Coordinator. Before taking this position I worked in the Food Service dept. in which I was already knowlegeable about there procedures. When I worked in the dept I was a line server and dishwasher. I was a all around utility person as well. I enjoyed the prep work of helping prepare15 to 18 hundred plates of food a day. I had the the chance to stay in the dept with a managing position. I held the operating supervisor position before. But I want to deepen my ministry involvement. So i took the Program Coordinators position. I love to cook and prepare foods.
Fun
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2014
It was an enjoyable day at the Union Rescue Mission being able to give back and seeing families and people in need getting the proper meals they are receiving were amazing to see and know that you were able to feed a child and adult in desperate help was an outstanding feeling. I would advise at lease one to try it once.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
It was far away from my home.
Poor organization and communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 7, 2015
Poor organization and communication. Management has little idea, if any, what they are doing. They care little for their employees and even less for the homeless. They are in it for the numbers to acquire their government funding and donations.
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about Union Rescue Mission?

Ask a question
Bloom from where you are!
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2012
The Union Rescue mission help me stay proficent in my work in realigning
a whole new structure to my life. Seeing others progress back into society is a challenge. It takes heart helping others.
Pros
learning to make decisions.
Cons
looking from where to bloom from.
different people in the shelter, made it very challening
Pm Cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 28, 2014
Going in the kitchen, speaking with the supervisor about the evening meals. We had a group of 4 employees who all helped put the evening meals together.
Pros
Inventing different meals
Cons
better working condition
Union Rescue Mission
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2013
This is volunteer work. They are doing a great thing for the community in the name of Christ.I went there with a youth ministry and I highly recommend it to take a trip over there and see what Union is doing for Los Angeles.
Rewarding place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 29, 2015
Great people, great environment. Top to bottom, staff is excellent. It was a privilege to go to work there every morning.
Pros
very rewarding work - great environment
Cons
pay / benefits
feel-good environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2015
A typical day included preparing foods and serving. Job includes a great feel good environment as helping out those of the Mission is very satisfying.
It was such a great experience it is like working with family
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2014
This job isn't really a job it is more like a blessing to help the less fortunate and provide support for people that have none.
productive
dental student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2014
Many patients, great experience
Once a week for 6 months, get exposed to different treatment plans. Help patients get a better smile without cost.
This is a very rewarding job
Lead Case Manager/Housing Advocate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2013
The Gateway Lead Case Manager is responsible for the daily management of one of Union Rescue Missions transitional housing facilities for homeless women and men with mental illness and/or other special needs. This position works as part of an interdisciplinary direct service team, providing supportive services to residents that will assist them in the stabilization and maintenance of housing. The Gateway Lead Case Manager is the accessible point-of-contact for residents, staff, and volunteers, and must be skilled at problem-solving resident issues, crisis situations, and facility emergencies. The Gateway Lead Case Manager plays a key role in creating a safe and home-like environment for residents that promotes community and well-being. This position will work collaboratively with other staff members to plan and execute life skills and community activities. Additionally, this position will supervise other Gateway Case Manager staff as assigned and report directly to the Guest Hospitality Supervisor.
Pros
being able to interact with all ages to end their homelessness
Cons
not being able to help everyone
volunteering
office assistant (Former Employee) –  los angeles caApril 13, 2012
nice work area an good people to work with an i really got work done an i loved volunteering there
Busy productive job
Intake Clerk/ Donations (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CANovember 19, 2013
I loved volunteering at union rescue mission. I loved helping families out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Rescue Mission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3