Union Savings Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Would not recommend anyone to this company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Upper management is aweful. They will use you asuch as possible for as little as possible pay. Very unorganized.
Don't work there. You will lose your mind!
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 30, 2016
management sucks. They play favorites with certain employees. There is something strange with one of the owners and a branch employee. The employee is married as is the owner. Constantly in your back criticizing your every move and decisions. Found out after I left how much less they pay compared to other banks. Do your homework!
Pros
Great parking
Cons
Can never leave for lunch but I will say they had it catered most days.
Great Workplace Environment
Social Media Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 9, 2016
At USB, I was only a part time temp, but I was able to assist the marketing department with all of their social media platforms. Everybody was friendly and helpful and really taught me valuable lessons not only about marketing but about working in a professional environment in general.
Very poor management
Who Knows? (Former Employee) –  Not willing to replyMarch 5, 2016
Extremely barbaric system compared to the early 80's And never have any family problems because that is unheard of
Could not go anywhere and have a lunch. Not allowed
Pros
Cons
everything
Not the best
Sr account service rep (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 15, 2015
Company doesn't isn't with the times and has a hard time getting their. Company takes 6-12 months to make a simple decision. Company also doesn't compensate their employees what they should be compensated and doesn't realize and reward their employees like they should.
Good work place environment
Teller/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 7, 2015
Only 8 people work in the whole building, 4 are part time. The computer system causes most of the problems. Pretty slow, need to know how to keep your self busy.
Pros
hour lunch breaks if you work 7 hours
Cons
extremely uptight place
Great place to work,wonderful co-workers
Bank Teller(CSR11) (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTSeptember 13, 2015
When I was a bank teller , I would call customers over to my teller station, and work on their transaction in a timely manner. Sometimes I would set-up wire transfers to different places , fix the atm machine if it was not working property. Work on multiply projects for my mangers throughout the work day. Working with my co-workers were great, they were very easy to approach and talk too, it was like a second family to me. If I had a question about something there always was someone to help me, and teach me about new bank products. The hardest part of the job was making referral goals, trying to get customers to sign up for new products was very hard to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know each and every customer.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2015
This is a privately held bank that is basically a culture of being the owners personal play ground. There is no possibility of career growth or room for advancement.
Pros
There are none
Great place to work, Best rates and Best closing costs
Home Mortgage Consultant (Loan Officer) (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 18, 2015
I wish this company was in Florida. It's a great company to work for. Very laid back but get the job done. The closing costs and rates are the best in the industry without a doubt.
This company I rated a solid four star.
Teller then (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYMay 27, 2015
I was given the opportunity to learn the banking industry. Everyone, co-workers, management, work environment etc. was great. I started as a teller doing all paying and receiving activities then was promoted to a customer sales representative. Everyone helped each other, promoted learning and advancement. I greatly enjoyed my interaction with my customers and co-workers.
Pros
Everything about this company was satisfying and provided new opportunities to learn and grow.
Cons
The bank was bought out by another bank and no longer existed.
Old Fashioned
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 17, 2015
The staff is like family and the bank is very old fashioned.
They know their customers very well however compliance and market growth are not high priority. They are more than over staffed and cross training is not heard of. There were times where staff is literally standing and doing nothing. We were expected to clean and unclog toilets. I did not earn my degree to not be challenged.
Pros
Customer oriented
Cons
Pay is low, high turnover
Extremely enjoyable place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Goshen, CTMarch 23, 2015
Who wouldn't love to work with children on a daily basis? The atmosphere at GCS was amazing. Both faculty and students were a pleasure to mingle with.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
customer service skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTMarch 2, 2015
Improvement of my customer service skills, and a better understanding of the financial community. I enjoy learning more about this field, and hope to make a career in this field
Rude people
N/A (Former Employee) –  rockfordFebruary 15, 2015
There are rude people who work here they all talk about each other behind their backs, think they are superior to men. They're all a bunch of gossips girls!
• Performed data collection, validation and statistical analysis for variety of health plans. • Quickly Generated, Submitted and modified reports to m
SAS Programmer/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2014
Hofmann La Roche is a global pharmaceutical company. The company focuses on developing medicines and diagnostics that will help patients live longer, better lives. In the clinical division, investigators collect the clinical data in CRFs (Case Report Form) format. The raw clinical data was then validated and migrated to the database. Using this clinical data, different SAS datasets were created for Phase II studies according to the needs. The reports were also made according to the FDA requirements and the macros were used to generate multiple reports.
Very productive and challenging
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2014
Enjoyed working independently, meeting new clients, saving people money, working with their friends and family members. Great management team, and co workers.
Pros
compensation, gratifying
Cons
economy
Flexible work environment
Freddie Mac Default Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2014
Flexible work environment. Learned banking regulations and policies, to include Freddie Mac guidelines. Provided training to expand knowledge base.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
parking limited
Great place to work for
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 11, 2014
My days were very productive, learned a lot of different procedures and guidelines.
Nice co-workers, they were always willing to help
Good place to work aside from management
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 28, 2014
Great work environment as far as them allowing family time and understanding. Decent benefits. Pay could have been better. Management of some of the departments is inadequate.
Pros
good work environment and overall family friendly.
Cons
management of certain departments, pay.
postive steady pace workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2014
With the staff that they have now. Union Savings Bank is an alright place to work. Only if you have experience with all types of people and have patience with the elderly. When upper management keeps their word and thinks positively and outside the box it Can be okay to work . Depending on the workers.
Pros
one a year bbq and great christmas parties
Cons
during mortgage time. very short lunches

2.9