Union Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Hectic daily activity
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2017
Not a paperless environment, so a lot of chasing down paper files to update information and add documentation.

Software could be updated to provide better output. Would allow for greater and more efficient productivity.
Pros
Less stress
Cons
Hectic environment
Good Company overall
Mortgage Loan Processor/Funding/Compliance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 28, 2017
USB is an overall good place to work for. Sometimes the balance of family life to expectations are unbalanced in that sometimes it can feel like corporate management doesn't take into account the effect their time demands can take on ones family.
Pros
Opperation Management
Cons
Corporate Managment Understanding
Mutual Bank
Strategic Banking Executive (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTMay 14, 2017
Great for Community bank, gives back to the community via volunteer efforts and also funding and other programs to help community grow. A municipal bank.
I needed a job at the time until I found something else.
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 6, 2017
I wasn't there long enough to say. It was a small office that wasn't in business at that location long. Didn't feel job security. I believe the Southside office closed shortly after I went to work for the city.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No job security
Growth opportunities
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 23, 2017
I learned and advanced a lot here...great co-workers. Nice Christmas parties. good benefits, decent pay. privately owned(positive & negative) upper management unreliable
very friendly place to work. They believe in balancing work and family.
Head of Construction Processing (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2017
very friendly place to work. They believe in balancing work and family. Small Company, I feel they could pay a little more for the amount of work you do.
Management chooses who they like and who they do not.
Loan Operaions Representative III (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Union Savings Bank does not want individuals who have children and are not accommodating at all when it comes to young mothers and employees with growing families. Management has their favorites and if you are not that person they will do anything to make you look bad. I worked very hard above and beyond and would stay late and come in early but they would do anything to make me look back.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Needs better management at all levels
productive workplace
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 6, 2017
The work place was a busy workplace. Keeping busy is a must for me. The co workers worked well with each other most of the time. the hardest part about this job was being able to meet all of my customers needs.
I hated this place
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2016
Don't work for this company, they racist and show lots of favoritism, one of the branch managers name brenda is sleeping with one of the owners. There's lots of sleeping around taking place there. They work you you like a slave and don't wanna pay what you're worth. The maintenance guy ed is really cool. They are very unorganized. They cut corners on business dealings. Worst company I ever worked for!!!!!
A Bank in Transition
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 13, 2016
I found a great deal of success at Union Savings Bank, and I was particularly lucky to build excellent relationships with my managers in each branch and department I worked in. I think, however, I was lucky as someone who was hired shortly before the new CEO took over in my second year, and thus didn't get as used to the old way of doing things as many of my longer-serving coworkers. There was definitely some resentment at the changes being implemented in my second and third years at Union, as the "old guard" dealt with the new CEO's desire to build a leaner, more modern company. However to reiterate, my personal experience at the company was excellent.
Pros
Considerable opportunity for advancement, as well as training in a variety of departments. All managers I worked with were excellent.
Cons
Very much a bank in transition, longer serving employees occasionally disgruntled.
Good
Commercial Loan Review Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2016
Very professional place to n build a career and develop writing skills.honest feedback and understandable. Very flexible
Would not recommend anyone to this company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Upper management is aweful. They will use you asuch as possible for as little as possible pay. Very unorganized.
Don't work there. You will lose your mind!
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 30, 2016
management sucks. They play favorites with certain employees. There is something strange with one of the owners and a branch employee. The employee is married as is the owner. Constantly in your back criticizing your every move and decisions. Found out after I left how much less they pay compared to other banks. Do your homework!
Pros
Great parking
Cons
Can never leave for lunch but I will say they had it catered most days.
Great Workplace Environment
Social Media Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 9, 2016
At USB, I was only a part time temp, but I was able to assist the marketing department with all of their social media platforms. Everybody was friendly and helpful and really taught me valuable lessons not only about marketing but about working in a professional environment in general.
Very poor management
Who Knows? (Former Employee) –  Not willing to replyMarch 5, 2016
Extremely barbaric system compared to the early 80's And never have any family problems because that is unheard of
Could not go anywhere and have a lunch. Not allowed
Pros
Cons
everything
Well Established Company
Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 6, 2015
A growing financial institution in Western Connecticut with concentrations in Fairfield and Litchfield Counties. Working at Union Savings provides job security and work-life balance, while providing resources to advance in your position.
Not the best
Sr account service rep (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 15, 2015
Company doesn't isn't with the times and has a hard time getting their. Company takes 6-12 months to make a simple decision. Company also doesn't compensate their employees what they should be compensated and doesn't realize and reward their employees like they should.
Good work place environment
Teller/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 7, 2015
Only 8 people work in the whole building, 4 are part time. The computer system causes most of the problems. Pretty slow, need to know how to keep your self busy.
Pros
hour lunch breaks if you work 7 hours
Cons
extremely uptight place
Great place to work,wonderful co-workers
Bank Teller(CSR11) (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTSeptember 13, 2015
When I was a bank teller , I would call customers over to my teller station, and work on their transaction in a timely manner. Sometimes I would set-up wire transfers to different places , fix the atm machine if it was not working property. Work on multiply projects for my mangers throughout the work day. Working with my co-workers were great, they were very easy to approach and talk too, it was like a second family to me. If I had a question about something there always was someone to help me, and teach me about new bank products. The hardest part of the job was making referral goals, trying to get customers to sign up for new products was very hard to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know each and every customer.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2015
This is a privately held bank that is basically a culture of being the owners personal play ground. There is no possibility of career growth or room for advancement.
Pros
There are none