Union Station Homeless Services

Union Station Homeless Services Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun work Place
Overnight Supervisor, Facilities Supervising (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short brakes
Everyday was a good day challenging but great. Learned so much. management is Excellent. My co workers good to get along. The hardest , nothing really. Enjoyable thing is that get to work in a competitive market. Love it, Love Working Makes my day go fast and fun.
A fair non-profit place to work
Senior Development Associate (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 19, 2013
I love the transparency that exists at Union Station, Leadership tries to inform employees about all significant developments, you feel being part of a family here. The pay and benefits are the downside, but again this is a non-profit in human services field. Not much expectations.
They could do a better job in creating development opportunities though. – more... Also for anyone who is using this review to decide about an employment opportunity, I should mention that a program employee would have a totally different opinion about Union Station, I'm not saying different good or bad, just different. Why? The Program and Business departments are, well, different, and not interacting much. – less
Productive and a fun place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 19, 2012
Pros: ceo knows staff by name, ceo supports the homeless population.
Cons: healthcare and benefits could've been better.
If you love people and want to be of service, then Union Station Homeless Services is the place to volunteer or work. The staff is great and very supportive from the HR Dept to the Shelters. The Shelters are nice and clean and the area is not bad either.

I've learned to be patient with people, especially the mental health, youth and the elderly enviroment. – more... The enviroment taught me a lot of positive things, things I will always remember when it come to dealing with the diverse population. I've learned to respect more.

USHS also offered educational classes which I also enjoyed and was grateful for. Over all it is a GREAT company. I love it. – less