Union Street Media, an award-winning web developer based in Burlington, Vermont, builds and markets websites for real estate agents, businesses, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations across the United States. We are looking to add a new Internet Marketing Specialist to our team.
The Internet Marketing Specialist’s primary responsibility is to improve the online visibility and performance of our clients’ websites by implementing customized online marketing plans. Our Specialists work directly with the client to learn about their business, develop targeted strategies, and employ techniques including search engine optimization (SEO), content development, social media, pay-per-click advertising, and more, to achieve their goals.
On a monthly basis our Internet Marketing Specialists complete a variety of tasks for their assigned clients, including:
- Analyze website performance and prepare reports using Google Analytics
- Implement strategies that offer the best opportunity to increase visibility in the search engines
- Coach the client on content creation and blogging strategies
- Improve website performance and generate more conversions by implementing data-driven site updates
- Identify ways to integrate video and social media into clients’ Internet marketing effort
- Communicate directly with clients about work performed and results
- And a whole lot more…
The Internet Marketing Specialist’s role requires ongoing, direct interaction with customers, and strong writing skills (that impress search engines and website visitors alike). Knowledge of Google Analytics and a thorough understanding of social media are preferred. The position is not about making ad buys. It’s about generating a better return for our clients’ websites the old fashioned way: by earning it.
- Four-year college degree and excellent writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of Internet marketing & search engine strategies
- Well-organized and systems-oriented approach
- Accountability for getting client work done on time
- Excellent communication skills (for client and internal interaction)
- A belief in our concept and a strong work ethic
- Professional presentation, discipline and behavior
- Work with clients on SEO & Internet marketing for their websites
- Analyze the results of search engine & Internet marketing campaigns
- Make changes to clients’ websites based on analysis
- Correspond with clients in person, on the phone, via email & through Basecamp
- Review clients’ sites for search engine friendliness
- Special projects as needed
Notes: This position is a full-time employment opportunity in our Burlington, VT, office.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Follow up: Email your resume, a cover letter outlining why you’re interested working at Union Street Media.