Union Wireless Employee Reviews

More room for improvement
Snr. RF Optimization Engineer (UMTS/LTE) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, WYJune 5, 2017
Union is not diversity friendly. most employees stick to their culture and find it difficult relating to others with diversified culture. Union is a family owned company so 99.9% are natives, family members and friends. No employee union to speak on employee behalf when you face challenges.
At union, it is very difficult to make changes on the network when you make recommendations.
Lack of leadership and direction
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, WYFebruary 2, 2017
Leadership is more concerned with international travel on the company than the health of the business. Why would you need to travel with family members on the company for a local Wyoming based company?
Poor management/stressful
Wyoming (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 23, 2017
Continually belittled by manager. Customers were great along with coworkers for the most part. The manager gave little to none communication extreme micromanagement
poor maagement
engeering test driver (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, WYOctober 4, 2016
the hardest part of the job was staying awake in the passger seat, and co-worker was understanding and fun being around, management was poor didn't get a call or message just got an email. or other people to take orders.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Great Experience
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, WYMay 6, 2015
A great place to get OJT. You can learn everything and anything Wireless that you want. The experience itself is rewarding. I would not trade it for anything. Thank you.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Minimal
slow pace, not much $, Wyoming
Sales (Former Employee) –  WyomingDecember 20, 2014
Not a lot to do for long stretches. Low pay. Most of the day is spent alone waiting for customers.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
low wage
Family oriented business
Purchasing and Repair Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, WYMay 22, 2014
Can be fast paced at times and other times very slow. I learned to use programs that I'll probably not use again, but it was experience. To much family trying to run the business and not always good outcomes. Co-workers was easy to work with. May include unepected overtime at the last minute. Learning to do my job better and filling in for those that are gone was a delight.
Benefits
Cons
Not much support
Office Assistant/ Contracted
Office Assistant/ Contracted (Current Employee) –  Rockport TXMay 6, 2014
• Performed general administrative and accounting tasks for B & R Electric Inc.
• Accounting duties included assisting with the analyzing of the profit & loss statements, assisted with the wages and earnings of employees, entering account information into the company database and depositing earnings into the bank.
• Performed other administrative tasks for the company to include filing and organizing a variety of paperwork, answering phones and working as a receptionist, and running errands as needed.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 29, 2013
My typical work day would be, I would go in to work and start helping customers right away. It may have been in the store or on the phones.

I learned a lot about consumers needs and a lot about cell phones.

Mangement were really understanding and nice.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers and was able to have a friendly relationship with them outside of work.

The hours were the hardest.

Helping customers and always meeting new people.
Excellent workplace with great people
Cell Tower Construction (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, WYOctober 31, 2012
A typical day at work was traveling to a job site and either preparing to build a new site or maintaining an existing site. I learned many new things that has helped me in my everyday life. I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was the cold weather. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.

Want to know more about Union Wireless?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Union Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9