Uniontown Hospital Employee Reviews

I learned something new everyday. I loved the fast work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked hard in a fast pace environment. I enjoy learning new things and having challenges come to me. Coworker's are helpful of one another
Very productive
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 1, 2017
The typical day was good. I learned something new about the job everyday. The staff members were very helpful if I had any questions. The parking was interesting but otherwise it was really good and I would do it again.
Great Learning Experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 7, 2016
As an intern at Uniontown Hospital I can honestly say I am learning great deal about working as a lab tech. The staff is wonderful and has done an amazing job making me welcome.
While learning Phelbotomy at this hospital I found the staff and Managemnt great to work around
Phelbotomy Student (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 7, 2015
Venipuncture,Transfer of specimen Locating patients I learned how to do blood draws rapidly Management did not breathe down your neck and responded anytime they were called or emailed.The co workers was like any job they complain but get the job done and that's what I think matters.The hardest part of job is the leg work you are always moving trying to get the blood samples from inpatients.I like everyone I worked with they made job enjoyable
Pros
nice hospital to learn at
Cons
short to no breaks but do get 30 minute lunch
Loved working with newborns and mothers
L&D Nurse (Former Employee) –  FBBCSeptember 2, 2015
It was a nice change of pace to work with mothers and newborns. I gained confidence in IV insertion and IV medications, which was lacking.
Would not recommend
Clinical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 16, 2015
Least favorite hospital I have worked at. Poor communication between departments. Most of the staff is rude. I would not recommend working here long term.
small town mentality
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Uniontown PAApril 9, 2015
If it is important to you to be treated fairly then this is not the place to work. Cronyism runs rampant through this organization. Wages are decent. Benefits are ok but not great. If you simply need a pay check for the short term, its not a bad place. If you are looking for a long term career, dont settle for this organization.
Pros
friendly peers
Cons
too many to list; I could write a book.
Great community hospital
RN - ICU (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 2, 2015
Overall I love my job. Clique type atmosphere is a bit overwhelming and high school-ish but the job itself is great. Would recommend this hospital to family and friends for many different reasons.
Pros
Close proximity - no commute time
Cons
Personality clashes with high school mentalities
need to do more for my family
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 30, 2014
is get my cart ready for the day, I have learned so much in the last eleven years, management is ok, listen to what you have to say co-workers will help in any way they can, hardest part of the job is explaining the job to patients what needs to be done in there rooms, cleaning up after anybody, and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people and there cultures
good community hospital
Staff (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 12, 2014
Most of the employees live in the area and care about the hospital. A lot of intelligent pharmacists and nurses on staff. Good work environment. Difficult time for small regional hospitals with shrinking reimbursement and corporate hospitals trying to bankrupt them and buy them for pennies on the dollar. I hope Uniontown remains independent moving forward. It is more important to the local economy than any other business in the region, but many people do not realize it. It does not earn the negative reputation. I would stack the level of care at this hospital up against any of the big boys to the south or north.
Pros
good environment, good healthcare benefits
Cons
long term sustainability
Excellent career opportunities
Director, Volunteer Services & Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 26, 2014
Great place to work. Some areas are very poor working conditions.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Some areas - poor working conditions
Fast paced
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 24, 2014
-Assisted nursing staff with daily routines.
-Ensured patients made diagnostic appointments on time.
-Learned how to efficiently work through stressful situations.
-Assisted patients with daily needs.
Productive place to work
PATIENT CARE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Uniontown HospitalAugust 5, 2014
co-workers are great to work with, the job is stressful at times and overwhelming. I learn something new everyday.
Loved the job and co-workers, but not the hours
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 26, 2014
For me, working shifts was too hard for me. I loved the nature of the job: customer service, interaction with people/co-workers/patients. Busy atmosphere - no matter which department (ER; outpatient). The major con: paid time off; no sick leave; "occurrences" issued for calling off to tend to sick children; and shift work (not good for raising small children in school).
Pros
Very busy; little stress; Co-Workers
Cons
Shifts; No Sick Time
Very nice and friendly place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 22, 2014
I completed an internship there after I completed my degrees in Accounting and Business Management. I worked for the Human Resources Department and the Accouting Department. Both were extremely enjoyable with fun, helpful people to lead the way.
Great CoWorkers. Poor Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 27, 2014
Great CoWorkers in Department. Poor management thru out hospital. Including HR. Bullying is common practice creating a very poor work environment.
Friendly and organized workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 20, 2014
I enjoyed the overall friendliness of the work place and helpfulness of the staff I worked with.
Friendly Hospital
Floor nurse on Cardiac Unit (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 14, 2014
4:1 Ratio for nurse to patient. Assessments, medications, computer charting, wound care, IV care and medications.
Very fast pace workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is very face paced. Patient turnover is very high on the unit I work on. I have learned that no matter how busy you are patients are number one and you need to take time out of your busy schedule to make them feel as if they are being properly taken care of. I work with many wonderful people. We all work as a team to get our job done. I must say the hardest part of my job is when we are working short and we have a lot of complete patients who need a lot of one on one time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I made a patient feel welcomed and played a part in making them better.
Great staff but management is the buddy buddy system instead of education and training
Unknown (Former Employee) –  UniontownJanuary 11, 2014
I don't think I will ever work their again. It all about the buddy-buddy system in management. Management is un-educated and does not know what their staff is actually doing. Co-workers are great. Hospital is not as clean as it appears. Benefit are not the greatest. Scheduling is crazy. Human resource is set up so managers can get away with anything.
Pros
Paycheck, co-workers
Cons
Scheduling, frozen pay, benefits are a little under par, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uniontown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6