Uniontown Hospital Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Clinical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Uniontown, PAJuly 16, 2015
Least favorite hospital I have worked at. Poor communication between departments. Most of the staff is rude. I would not recommend working here long term.
small town mentality
prefer not to say (Former Employee), Uniontown PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: friendly peers
Cons: too many to list; I could write a book.
If it is important to you to be treated fairly then this is not the place to work. Cronyism runs rampant through this organization. Wages are decent. Benefits are ok but not great. If you simply need a pay check for the short term, its not a bad place. If you are looking for a long term career, dont settle for this organization.
Great community hospital
RN - ICU (Current Employee), Uniontown, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Close proximity - no commute time
Cons: Personality clashes with high school mentalities
Overall I love my job. Clique type atmosphere is a bit overwhelming and high school-ish but the job itself is great. Would recommend this hospital to family and friends for many different reasons.
need to do more for my family
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Uniontown, PADecember 30, 2014
is get my cart ready for the day, I have learned so much in the last eleven years, management is ok, listen to what you have to say co-workers will help in any way they can, hardest part of the job is explaining the job to patients what needs to be done in there rooms, cleaning up after anybody, and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people and there cultures
good community hospital
Staff (Former Employee), Uniontown, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good environment, good healthcare benefits
Cons: long term sustainability
Most of the employees live in the area and care about the hospital. A lot of intelligent pharmacists and nurses on staff. Good work environment. Difficult time for small regional hospitals with shrinking reimbursement and corporate hospitals trying to bankrupt them and buy them for pennies on the dollar. I hope Uniontown remains independent moving forward. It is more important to the local economy than any other business in the region, but many people do not realize it. It does not earn the negative reputation. I would stack the level of care at this hospital up against any of the big boys to the south or north.
Excellent career opportunities
Director, Volunteer Services & Telecommunications (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: some areas - poor working conditions
Great place to work. Some areas are very poor working conditions.
Fast paced
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAAugust 24, 2014
-Assisted nursing staff with daily routines.
-Ensured patients made diagnostic appointments on time.
-Learned how to efficiently work through stressful situations.
-Assisted patients with daily needs.
Productive place to work
PATIENT CARE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Uniontown HospitalAugust 5, 2014
co-workers are great to work with, the job is stressful at times and overwhelming. I learn something new everyday.
Loved the job and co-workers, but not the hours
Registrar (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: very busy; little stress; co-workers
Cons: shifts; no sick time
For me, working shifts was too hard for me. I loved the nature of the job: customer service, interaction with people/co-workers/patients. Busy atmosphere - no matter which department (ER; outpatient). The major con: paid time off; no sick leave; "occurrences" issued for calling off to tend to sick children; and shift work (not good for raising small children in school).
Very nice and friendly place to work
Internship (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAApril 22, 2014
I completed an internship there after I completed my degrees in Accounting and Business Management. I worked for the Human Resources Department and the Accouting Department. Both were extremely enjoyable with fun, helpful people to lead the way.
Great CoWorkers. Poor Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMarch 27, 2014
Great CoWorkers in Department. Poor management thru out hospital. Including HR. Bullying is common practice creating a very poor work environment.
Friendly and organized workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMarch 20, 2014
I enjoyed the overall friendliness of the work place and helpfulness of the staff I worked with.
Friendly Hospital
Floor nurse on Cardiac Unit (Current Employee), Uniontown, PAMarch 14, 2014
4:1 Ratio for nurse to patient. Assessments, medications, computer charting, wound care, IV care and medications.
Very fast pace workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Uniontown, PAMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is very face paced. Patient turnover is very high on the unit I work on. I have learned that no matter how busy you are patients are number one and you need to take time out of your busy schedule to make them feel as if they are being properly taken care of. I work with many wonderful people. We all work as a team to get our job done. I must say the hardest part of my job is when we are working short and we have a lot of complete patients who need a lot of one on one time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I made a patient feel welcomed and played a part in making them better.
Great staff but management is the buddy buddy system instead of education and training
Unknown (Former Employee), UniontownJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: paycheck, co-workers
Cons: scheduling, frozen pay, benefits are a little under par, no room for advancement
I don't think I will ever work their again. It all about the buddy-buddy system in management. Management is un-educated and does not know what their staff is actually doing. Co-workers are great. Hospital is not as clean as it appears. Benefit are not the greatest. Scheduling is crazy. Human resource is set up so managers can get away with anything.
Uncompetitive salary and no job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed my coworkers, my supervisor wasn't very helpful. The MD of the unit I worked on was unprofessional and hard to reach.
Nepotism, High School Mentality, Bizarre Culture and Poor Communication.
Patient Care Management Department (Former Employee), Uniontown Pa.December 14, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: the facility exists.
A typical day at work included dealing with difficult peers, management with limited education and poor communication abilities, narrow minded mentalities and nepotism. Most of the management staff who remain are there based on their community social status rather than their skill set and I don't recommend this facility to anyone. I learned that this culture is horrible. The more evil you are and less professional you are, the faster you advance. The only enjoyable part of this job was the drive there. I highly suggest that you look elsewhere. Educated and articulate staff are unappreciated in this environment and they love to micromanage staff based on their perspective rather than reality. The majority of the staff are there for a paycheck and to work on their ego.
An enjoyable working environment with a wide range of work expireneces
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Uniontown, PANovember 27, 2013
This hospital had a great staff that worked together as a team. The patient load was tolerable and there was never a problem with being understaffed. We all enjoyed each others company while working and doing the job we loved to do.
fun and exciting work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Uniontown, PANovember 12, 2013
i loved everything about working here the co workers were excellent and the patients were always nice
Everyone knows each other, works together to get the job done
Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee), Uniontown, PASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: great pay, free meals, close to home, good benefits.
Cons: instability right now with the economy.
I make sure patients and café food is being prepared in compliance with hospital regulations.

My Director trusts me to make decisions when he is and isn't there.

My CO-Supervisor and I keep each other informed on a daily basis of any issues or concerns. Our work habits compliment each other, I'm the working manager and she's the analytical manager.

The worst part is when there is a conflict between co-workers and I have to reprimand them.

The most enjoyable part is talking with a patient or family member of a patient that had a nice experience during their hospital stay.

I learned that Healthcare workers are a very different kind of worker.