Uniontown Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

While learning Phelbotomy at this hospital I found the staff and Managemnt great to work around
Phelbotomy Student (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 7, 2015
Venipuncture,Transfer of specimen Locating patients I learned how to do blood draws rapidly Management did not breathe down your neck and responded anytime they were called or emailed.The co workers was like any job they complain but get the job done and that's what I think matters.The hardest part of job is the leg work you are always moving trying to get the blood samples from inpatients.I like everyone I worked with they made job enjoyable
Pros
nice hospital to learn at
Cons
short to no breaks but do get 30 minute lunch
small town mentality
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Uniontown PAApril 9, 2015
If it is important to you to be treated fairly then this is not the place to work. Cronyism runs rampant through this organization. Wages are decent. Benefits are ok but not great. If you simply need a pay check for the short term, its not a bad place. If you are looking for a long term career, dont settle for this organization.
Pros
friendly peers
Cons
too many to list; I could write a book.
Great staff but management is the buddy buddy system instead of education and training
Unknown (Former Employee) –  UniontownJanuary 11, 2014
I don't think I will ever work their again. It all about the buddy-buddy system in management. Management is un-educated and does not know what their staff is actually doing. Co-workers are great. Hospital is not as clean as it appears. Benefit are not the greatest. Scheduling is crazy. Human resource is set up so managers can get away with anything.
Pros
paycheck, co-workers
Cons
scheduling, frozen pay, benefits are a little under par, no room for advancement
need to do more for my family
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 30, 2014
is get my cart ready for the day, I have learned so much in the last eleven years, management is ok, listen to what you have to say co-workers will help in any way they can, hardest part of the job is explaining the job to patients what needs to be done in there rooms, cleaning up after anybody, and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people and there cultures
Patients should be a priority.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  uniontown, paMarch 22, 2013
The hospitals main goal is making money for themselves at the cost of the patients care. Quality of patient care is not as important as quantity . Their slogan is "getting better is what we're about" that is a joke. It should be "getting cheaper is what we're about " . Being a former employee for many years I would not send as any of my loved ones there. I feel very bad for the staff because they try to make it a netter place but are discouraged by middle management. If your looking for longevity in a career look elsewhere , Uniontown Hospital will suck the life out of you!
Pros
free parking by the dangerous housing
Cons
everything, don't waste your time.
Loved working with newborns and mothers
L&D Nurse (Former Employee) –  FBBCSeptember 2, 2015
It was a nice change of pace to work with mothers and newborns. I gained confidence in IV insertion and IV medications, which was lacking.
good community hospital
Staff (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 12, 2014
Most of the employees live in the area and care about the hospital. A lot of intelligent pharmacists and nurses on staff. Good work environment. Difficult time for small regional hospitals with shrinking reimbursement and corporate hospitals trying to bankrupt them and buy them for pennies on the dollar. I hope Uniontown remains independent moving forward. It is more important to the local economy than any other business in the region, but many people do not realize it. It does not earn the negative reputation. I would stack the level of care at this hospital up against any of the big boys to the south or north.
Pros
good environment, good healthcare benefits
Cons
long term sustainability
Would not recommend
Clinical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 16, 2015
Least favorite hospital I have worked at. Poor communication between departments. Most of the staff is rude. I would not recommend working here long term.
unfair wage freeze, no chance for advancement, unfair hiring and terminating practices, poor training program
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 17, 2013
thirteen preceptors in a five week period made for a terrible opportunity to learn... the phrase "needs of the unit" is used to change schedules, assignments, floors, etc AT MANAGEMENT'S will
Cons
benefits were over 300.00 for a family per pay
Everyone knows each other, works together to get the job done
Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 1, 2013
I make sure patients and café food is being prepared in compliance with hospital regulations.

My Director trusts me to make decisions when he is and isn't there.

My CO-Supervisor and I keep each other informed on a daily basis of any issues or concerns. Our work habits compliment each other, I'm the working manager and she's the analytical manager.

The worst part is when there is a conflict between co-workers and I have to reprimand them.

The most enjoyable part is talking with a patient or family member of a patient that had a nice experience during their hospital stay.

I learned that Healthcare workers are a very different kind of worker.
Pros
great pay, free meals, close to home, good benefits.
Cons
instability right now with the economy.
Excellent Work Environment
Training Specialist, Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 24, 2013
As a current employee, I've had a 27 year history with this employer and have been provided substantial opportunity to excel and reach my potential; however, with the troubles plaguing the healthcare industry and the loss of job security, I find that I must explore new job opportunities and find employment where I can continue to provide great work ethic.
want to kill yourself with no awards
no thank you (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 22, 2012
The management at the hospital cares about no one except themselves. As long as their money in their pockets that is all they care about. It hard to even get a thank you from any one. Most of the employees feel this way and are only there for a paycheck. You spend most of your day listening to patients and their families complain on our the "new"hospital is not set up for the elderly. It is too hard to walk from the parking lot to a patient room.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Great community hospital
RN - ICU (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 2, 2015
Overall I love my job. Clique type atmosphere is a bit overwhelming and high school-ish but the job itself is great. Would recommend this hospital to family and friends for many different reasons.
Pros
Close proximity - no commute time
Cons
Personality clashes with high school mentalities
Excellent career opportunities
Director, Volunteer Services & Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 26, 2014
Great place to work. Some areas are very poor working conditions.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
some areas - poor working conditions
Very nice and friendly place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 22, 2014
I completed an internship there after I completed my degrees in Accounting and Business Management. I worked for the Human Resources Department and the Accouting Department. Both were extremely enjoyable with fun, helpful people to lead the way.
Very fast pace workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is very face paced. Patient turnover is very high on the unit I work on. I have learned that no matter how busy you are patients are number one and you need to take time out of your busy schedule to make them feel as if they are being properly taken care of. I work with many wonderful people. We all work as a team to get our job done. I must say the hardest part of my job is when we are working short and we have a lot of complete patients who need a lot of one on one time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I made a patient feel welcomed and played a part in making them better.
Great Place... PAY AND BENEFITS
Nursing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 15, 2012
Great place to work they just do to many shift changes. We went from a comfortable 8 hr day to boom your now working 16 hour days... not good if you have children...
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
scheduling
Uncompetitive salary and no job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Enjoyed my coworkers, my supervisor wasn't very helpful. The MD of the unit I worked on was unprofessional and hard to reach.
Pros
great co workers
Great CoWorkers. Poor Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 27, 2014
Great CoWorkers in Department. Poor management thru out hospital. Including HR. Bullying is common practice creating a very poor work environment.
productive first in patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 13, 2012
the Uniontown Hospital has modern up to date equipment with caring staff including management, nurses and the medical staff