Uniontown Hospital Employee Reviews

fun and exciting work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 12, 2013
i loved everything about working here the co workers were excellent and the patients were always nice
Everyone knows each other, works together to get the job done
Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 1, 2013
I make sure patients and café food is being prepared in compliance with hospital regulations.

My Director trusts me to make decisions when he is and isn't there.

My CO-Supervisor and I keep each other informed on a daily basis of any issues or concerns. Our work habits compliment each other, I'm the working manager and she's the analytical manager.

The worst part is when there is a conflict between co-workers and I have to reprimand them.

The most enjoyable part is talking with a patient or family member of a patient that had a nice experience during their hospital stay.

I learned that Healthcare workers are a very different kind of worker.
Pros
Great pay, Free meals, close to home, good benefits.
Cons
Instability right now with the economy.
Excellent Work Environment
Training Specialist, Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 24, 2013
As a current employee, I've had a 27 year history with this employer and have been provided substantial opportunity to excel and reach my potential; however, with the troubles plaguing the healthcare industry and the loss of job security, I find that I must explore new job opportunities and find employment where I can continue to provide great work ethic.
Productive & efficient workplace
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 22, 2013
Depending on position, everyday varies secondary to patient numbers and scheduled patients. Team works together to provide quality care to the patients in acute, skilled, outpatient, and inpatient rehabilitation floors. Everyone strives for excellence in their performance and quality care to all their patients.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
limited staffing
unfair wage freeze, no chance for advancement, unfair hiring and terminating practices, poor training program
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 17, 2013
thirteen preceptors in a five week period made for a terrible opportunity to learn... the phrase "needs of the unit" is used to change schedules, assignments, floors, etc AT MANAGEMENT'S will
Cons
benefits were over 300.00 for a family PER PAY
I liked my coworkers, management not so much
Inpatient Biller/Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 26, 2013
I liked where I worked, proud to say where I worked, but unsure of security with job.
Patients should be a priority.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  uniontown, paMarch 22, 2013
The hospitals main goal is making money for themselves at the cost of the patients care. Quality of patient care is not as important as quantity . Their slogan is "getting better is what we're about" that is a joke. It should be "getting cheaper is what we're about " . Being a former employee for many years I would not send as any of my loved ones there. I feel very bad for the staff because they try to make it a netter place but are discouraged by middle management. If your looking for longevity in a career look elsewhere , Uniontown Hospital will suck the life out of you!
Pros
free parking by the dangerous housing
Cons
everything, don't waste your time.
nice place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 13, 2013
I enjoyed working with the coworkers and being around the patients.and how they made good comments about how i worked
Pros
house keeping
Cons
cleaning
An excellent place to learn everyday and co-workers are great.
RN (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at work is coming in getting report, passing medications, taking care of your patients, dealing with family members, admissions, discharges and communications with all that work throughout the hospital.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
social issues with patients.
Working in the lab is a nightmare
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 22, 2012
The fellow phlebotomist were very helpful. However the labs director is extremely rude and very unprofessional. I was told I was a part time employee but I was working OT hours.
want to kill yourself with no awards
no thank you (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 22, 2012
The management at the hospital cares about no one except themselves. As long as their money in their pockets that is all they care about. It hard to even get a thank you from any one. Most of the employees feel this way and are only there for a paycheck. You spend most of your day listening to patients and their families complain on our the "new"hospital is not set up for the elderly. It is too hard to walk from the parking lot to a patient room.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Great Place... PAY AND BENEFITS
Nursing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 15, 2012
Great place to work they just do to many shift changes. We went from a comfortable 8 hr day to boom your now working 16 hour days... not good if you have children...
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
scheduling
I set priority, and do tie management to handle evey thing better, & on time.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 8, 2012
Nursing is not a job for me. It has always been an Honor, Respect, and pride for me.
Pros
none.
Cons
none.
productive first in patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 13, 2012
the Uniontown Hospital has modern up to date equipment with caring staff including management, nurses and the medical staff
Good Community Hospital
LPN (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 12, 2012
Uniontown Hospital is a good community hospital which employs people from the community to take good care of those in need. They make a sincere effort to make their employees feel comfortable and competent in their jobs.

2.6