UNIQLO Employee Reviews in United States

Decent job environment, a lot of diversity.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
Most of the associates are very friendly and fun to be around. Management, mostly the store managers are rude, they do not care to acknowledge you when you say "hello", they'll just see a item lingering around and they would grab and just shove it in your face and say "here take this". Supervisors mess with your schedule even when you do not have open availability for certain days, some times they do not care to look at your availability sheet. They let other associates get away with many things because they have been working there more than others. Many associates have either quit or never went back because of this reason.
Pros
Pay is decent for a part time.
Cons
Management sucks.
work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
My work effort at,previous jobs has built me up to work in the business oriented field, and also work with a team in order to accomplish a similar goal. I have a year experience working with a team of retailers and five years’ experience working in corporate companies. I have worked in an office whereby I filed, made copies, organize and researched. Also i have worked in a retail store where i work directly with customers. These two fields have given me the ability to communicate with people directly. I work hand-to-had with customers, assisting them and providing adequate information they ask for. My education and my networking ability have prepared me efficiently for a role in many fields inside and outside the business world.
Good job I suppose
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 13, 2016
It's a good job for your resume because you'll learn many new skills. The pay is great if you're a student and just need to money in your pockets. There's always something to do it;s not the type of job where you can just mess around. There are always opportunities to be promoted, if you work hard enough and if you want to make Uniqlo a career.
Pros
The buy pizza sometimes
Cons
Management changes too much.
One of the best newer retail employers in the USA
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 10, 2016
UNIQLO is a great place to work retail-wise, especially at the South Coast location. The starting pay per hour rivals a lot of other retail stores in the same price point, and you have the opportunity to receive promotions/pay raises every three months. There is extra work and memorization required for the job, but nothing impossible. Overall a great place to work and full of opportunity for advancement if you work hard and suggest to management you have a desire to learn more.
Pros
swift promotion opportunities, employee perks
Cons
N/A
Great company culture
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
Japanese influenced company with a super cool culture, basic essentials, and amazing visual displays. The company always launches designer collaborations and selects awesome celebrities to advertise brand apparel. Work-life balance wasn't the greatest working here based on field but definitely a company worth the experience.
Productive workloads everyday.
Customer Retail Advisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 8, 2016
typical day, you would be assigned a task for different periods of the shifts according to the "Daily work schedule". So you would always have something to do unless your out on the floor for customer service. I learn to handle cash wrap, back stock, handle computer equipment for specific tasks. Co-Workers are close, some stay some go, but you would easily get a long with everyone. The most enjoyable are your co-workers.
it is ok ...... for a high school student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 17, 2016
you have morning meetings , then you review schedule for your task and where you will be stationed . If anything all I learned was a bunch cleaning and how to fold properly . Management was ok . this job is ok , nothing more nothing less . to move and up and actually get a pay rate you have to pretty much breathe and live Uniqlo and know it inside out just to get a raise or move up . If you plan on staying here long term go ahead .I would not recommend as a part time job if you actually need money or hours . Hours are given based on how much money they make and they don't make to much do to many things . Overall best part was serving the customers .
Uniqlo is a great starting point
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 12, 2016
This company provides invaluable knowledge on how the everyday workings of running a clothing business operates. They really teach you the fundamentals of customer service and reinforce this everyday.
Pros
Above minimum wage starting salary
Fun, hard working environment with strict work ethics
Advanced Level Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 9, 2016
Uniqlo is a retail environment with a corporate ladder in place. While that sounds odd it bodes well if you apply yourself and many associates who started at the bottom are now running their own stores. It is worth the time if you have pride in your company.
Pros
Fantastic people
Cons
Not entirely sure of what direction they're going in.
Sales Associate
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 12, 2016
As a sales associate at Uniqlo my task was to be a cashier, work on the children's floor and also customer service team. With these task I've improved my customer service skills and have learned about the wants and needs of a variety of customers. The location of the Uniqlo is at 5th avenue, one of the many hot spots in New York where tourists roam day and night which requires lots of work and energy and having a good team at Uniqlo is important. Co-workers and I do our best to follow all directions and don't hesitate to correct and advise each others action, helping us be our own managers. The hardest part of the job would be understanding the several accents and dialects customer have every day but after a while it becomes second nature.
Pros
Great co-workers and customer service experience
Cons
lack of acknowledgment
Great Experience
Alteration/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 10, 2016
UNIQLO was great about keeping it's employee's informed, I learned a lot about how retail companies work. Since this company is Japanese based we were required to be very friendly and respectful. UNIQLO helped me to become very professional.
Pros
Very flexible with hours.
Amazing Associates, Questionable Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 14, 2016
Busy and Very Fast Pace, associates always on the move attending customers. I learned amazing customer service skills, helping the customer as fast as i can always making them happy. I also learned how to be efficient when working and multi-tasking
Fast Paced Enviorment
Women's Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
On a daily basis I'm responsible for at least 25 associates at a time. Making sure all are providing outstanding customer service while also keeping a tidy and easily shapable sales floor. I learned how to use my time wisely, lead a team and deal with multiple personalities at ounce. I feel management can do a better job of getting involved more with on floor experiences. Talking to and hearing the needs of employees more. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job would have to be handling customers and making sure all my associates are on task all day. Most enjoyable part would have to be going above and beyond for a customer to get them exactly what they came in the store for and absolutely making their day.
Pros
Provide great health care for full timers
Cons
Work/ life balance
Hardworking environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2016
It would become stressful at times, but for the most part, it was a fun experience. The customer service did have challenging moments, but I was able to learn a lot and that is a plus.
Pros
Many customers
Cons
Difficulty in sales at times
Very Productive and friendly work staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 13, 2016
Uniqlo Danbury has a very friendly and hard working staff of diverse individuals with colorful personalities. I have to say there wasnt one day where i didn't laugh.
Pros
Staff, Schedule Flexibilit, break length
Cons
Small Break Room
Hard Working Environment with Japanese Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be to set goals. We would try to get as many sales as we could and push out the clothes that were from last season.
Pros
30-1 hour breaks, 30% discount
Cons
more jobs to do than in description
Great people, hard job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 4, 2015
Management is a hit or miss for some. If you're on their good side, you have a bit more wiggle room for error.

Closing shifts are a killer. For regular sales associates, it is usually from 3 pm- 12 am. It is required for you to keep your weekends open. They usually have people that are regular closers/openers, so if you are one or the other, you're stuck with it.

The amount of work put into this store is insane. The standards for the floor is crazy high; we usually don't reach A-rank (what the perfect Uniqlo is supposed to look like).

The breaks and lunch are great though. For an 8 hour shift, you get 2 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Standards are really high
High-paced retail environment on North Michigan Avenue
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
One of the only reasons why I stayed so long at the company was the bond between myself and my coworkers. That being said, the management is very poorly organized and there is a clear divide of power between each stage of management. The associates being the largest group and the foundation of the company are not treated with the respect or dignity that they deserve. They are treated more like machines, asked to put their work before their own safety and health in certain situations and frequently asked to work 12 hour shifts. Having worked nearly a year at the company, I have learned more about the psychological dynamics of fast retail and the relationships between management and associates than anything else. This experience has given me insight into the corruption of many large retail companies and the attitudes that society has against low paying workers regardless of how much effort they exert.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible treatment of employees
High school or college student
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
Great job if you are a college student or in high school. Every month the job has something called employee appreciation where they give thanks to employees by treating us in different ways such as the last time they ordered a private truck for us to get free waffles and ice creams.
not bad
Associate Duties (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 12, 2016
easy work
good pay
annoying management
nice coworkers
learned how to approach customers
hardest part was nothing to do often
enjoyable part was closing, nobody bothers you
they do a lot of community and donation projects which is cool
Pros
decent pay ($1 over minimum wage)
Cons
annoying management, very meticulous work