UniQue Personnel Consultants Employee Reviews

Drama Filled Work Environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILSeptember 7, 2016
UniQue as a whole is pretty messed up. This company would hire unqualified friends before they would hire qualified employees. They have poor management that lacks a moral compass. If you tell anything to one person everyone will here of it. Advancement wise they do believe in promoting from within pretty quickly, but that's only if you have friends higher up. They honestly don't care about their associates and expect to stay in business. They have been having issues with paying people on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the associates and the clients because they are the ones that keep the company in business. The hardest part of the job is working with people that lack morals or a spine.
Pros
You get an hour lunch and they are pretty flexible if you have personal business to attend to
Cons
Has funding issues, friends hiring friends, shady people
bad
Warehouse or any (Former Employee) –  peru IllinoisAugust 27, 2016
If you're looking for actual work. Do not go to this company and do not apply for them because they had found me only one job and they had me on medical leave so long that the job let me go. I would not recommend this place to anyone because they won't find you a job at all. Even other temp agency said don't go through them cuz they're terrible and they've been told
Pros
they never find you work and you can't apply on indeed cuz they'll message you rudely
Cons
never find you a job
Not a long term place to work
Internal (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 13, 2016
At the beginning things will seem great, everyone seems nice, and the offices, management, and corporate seem great! You will quickly learn this is all a sham and just about everyone us out to thow you under the bus. It is a stressful workplace. Make sure to get everything in writing because many people will say one thing and do another. Everyone will know your business, everyone.

Should you begin work at UniQue, understand this should not be considered a long term career. Use it to get experience under your belt and move onto bigger things.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Gossip, Stressful environment, No 401k, Overall bad workplace
Employees and management suspicious of each other internally, insufficient training.
Internal (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 5, 2016
The company is able to put temporary workers to work at relatively short notice and goes out of its way to treat them well.
Internally, there was a lot of dissatisfied workers. Job training was inadequate. Lots of nice facades but many employees, including management, are quite willing to throw others under the bus. Staffing internally was also insufficient for the work load.
Pros
Flexible regarding time off, somewhat family-friendly.
Cons
Inadequate training and staffing, poor management in many places.
Great service
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILJuly 23, 2016
provides great service. worked with a lot of nice people. none of the work was hard. a very nice and easy work environment to work with others. learned a few new things.
Nice office, friendly staff
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 20, 2016
I started working with company about a year ago. I worked two temporary assignments that lasted a couple of months while I finished school. I graduated this May and they were able to get me a full time job that offers overtime. Im really happy I stopped in there office. The ladies in the office are really nice and make an effort to get to know you as a person.
Pros
Different jobs available
Cons
point system
Great place to work!
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 20, 2016
The Marion office has a friendly staff and greets everyone that walks in the door with a smile. The day I interviewed at their office, I left feeling like I just made new friends. That feeling continues even after you are offered a job and working. My paycheck has always arrived on time and is correct. I was surprised that they offered direct deposit, holiday pay, vacation time and even insurance. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for employment to stop in at the Marion office.
Pros
Family Friendly, Local Owned, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of job security and management is questionable
Operator (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 20, 2016
You can be hired or fired within days or weeks. There is no job security whatsoever. Also, the management will tell you they have a job for you and never get back to you about it. It's not a very good company to work through due to the unknowns that seem to happen a lot.
Horrible
Senior Marketing Consultant, CSP (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJune 1, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life!!!!! HR is completely uneducated!! The owner is all about the looks of his employees. They lie to you, make empty promises. You do not get paid half of what other agencies would pay. If you cant pass a drug test or have felonies they will employ you!! CLIENTS BEWARE!!!!!!
Pros
Do not work there
Cons
Do NOT work there
Little pay / Poor Management
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 18, 2016
This by far was one of the worst companies I have worked for. Everyone in corporate and in the office branches are either related or best friends and they will gossip about everyone including eachother till their faces turn blue. They do not care about their associates or even their employees if you are not in with the "in crowd" . Most walk around with their noses in the air and act like every associate that comes in is "beneath them". Illegal is a very well know word for there work but it doesnt matter to them. They are big on empty promises and always say " we are growing so fast, there is always room for growth with our company" However they will promote a friend or relative before you with less experience. They do not believe in ethics or morals. Only care about where the next buck is coming from. They tend to fly by the seat of their pants and half the time have no idea what they are doing. Their is a few issues with management but it will never get fixed because of being family or friends. Oh and NEVER file a complaint to HR or a Manager because the whole company will know in no time and nothing will be done. Dont get me wrong though there are a few good employees there that are still good people.
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Gossip, very low pay, unfair

Want to know more about UniQue Personnel Consultants?

Ask a question
no work
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILMay 11, 2016
worked 1 week and was laid off, I was given the impression that I would have 6 months of work. called every day for 2 weeks no result
Pros
in town
Cons
no work
great place to work!!
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAMay 2, 2016
Like the new management they brought in (good group of gals to work with), everybody's polite and professional, good place to work cause they always find me employment.
Pros
great environment
uneducated, unskilled scabs wanted
didnt even have a title (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILApril 19, 2016
to replace our staff of high paying educated and skilled employees with a lower cost option....
Are you a felon? NO PROBLEM
Do you use drugs? NO PROBLEM
Are you an employment risk to everyone else? NO PROBLEM.

typical use of this company.......They hire in Marshall, Illinois and it is a revolving door, with contracts lasting less than a year, with no chance of long-term employment unless you are selected to be an on-site coordinator( but only if you are pretty enough to look at...)
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
no healthcare insurance, no unemployment insurance after separation, no respect from the full time employees.
Ok Place to work
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILFebruary 16, 2016
I have had no problems with this agency. Benefits are not good and neither is the pay. I work 7-3:30 Mon-Friday. My job keeps me very busy.
horrible management
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Dysfunctional team skills
hostile towards co-workers and public
unfair
un organized file work
priorities off of point
A lot of work with little pay and appreciation
Onsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 6, 2016
Very disorganized company and very unappreciative. I would not recommend working for them. Their checks bounce and they do not pay their bills or rent on some of their offices.
Work Reveiw
Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 20, 2015
As starting company, the offering of employment is definitely short term and temporary. My experience was a 1 star condition and I champion this company for all future prospects.
Pros
Good Hirement.
Cons
Short term employment.
I pride myself on providing the guest with their expectations!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 2, 2015
An entire team working together to provide fishing equipment to customers. Ordering product from vendors and imputing inventory. I answered a multiple phone line system to place orders on the computer. I printed quantity's of 250 orders and picking sheets, arranged the orders. We then picked the orders out of a warehouse as a team. I was also able to box and ship the orders. I strive to learn every aspect of the job . I take pride providing excellent customer service and sales. I enjoy working as a team and with the public.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers and team involvement
Cons
Very long work hours on occasion
Overwhelming burdens and management issues plague a friendly work environment
it assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ILDecember 1, 2015
I liked the people that I met here, but this company seems to be outgrowing its already overburdened infrastructure. The fact that there is 23 branches over the state of Illinois but only 3 members in the IT department (two who are new) speaks volumes. My boss is a very intelligent, very capable man, but he's not that great of a leader. My coworker and I were told we would be training for a few months after being hired, but that number was cute down to two weeks. We've had so many responsibilities put us that it's very overwhelming. I would not have minded what responsibilities I received if I had proper time to deal with it.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Overloaded duties, miscommunication with management, unnecessary traveling
Didn't care for
On-Site Supervisor / ATS (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, INJune 1, 2015
The type of work you do is fast passed but you catch on really quick and it not to bad. The management wasn't as good as they could of been. They would change your hours 5 to 10 min. you were to be off and add another for hours. They also did not promote employees as they should. Hope they get better.

2.1