UniQue Personnel Consultants Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Office Helper (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJune 19, 2017
This was the most unorganized branch I have ever dealt with. All employee file information was just laid around all over the office. No files were in order.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Decent jobs; sometimes temporary
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ILJune 15, 2017
I've had decent job through unique but sometimes they are hiring but won't tell you when you call. Some jobs have just been temporary and some have been for several months
Good place to work for.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILMay 14, 2017
Nice people to work with. They get you a job when you really need one. Really nice people to talk to when you need to talk. Also very professional when it comes to their employees.
Pros
Good for job if need quick
Cons
Temp service
Productive and great place to get a temp position
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILMay 14, 2017
People are nice. Work well with getting employment quick. just needed a more permanent position. Great group of people to help get you what you need.
not much work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMarch 20, 2017
They would find you work. but it was not for long and then you would have times where there was no work. I would of liked to find more permanent work.
Temp work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 14, 2017
They were able to find you work. However it was not for long periods of time and then you would have stents where there was no work. I would have liked to find more permanent work.
Unique as an staffing agency in quincy ill, sucked!!!
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJanuary 24, 2017
The secretary didnt keep records too well. They are not familiar with their clients company policies. Also, they really dont work with the employees they staff. I really didnt like the quincy branch at all. They were very unorganized.
Pros
Nice pay at the job site
Cons
Everything else sucked.!!!!!!!!!
Productive and nice environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILOctober 23, 2016
I enjoyed working the various assignments the provided as well as meeting new people who were friendly and they liked to work with me on the different projects and assignments that we were sent to do as a group.
The type of work that I did, I actually enjoyed.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, IL 62650October 3, 2016
The type of work that I did, I actually enjoyed, but the place that they sent me to work at, was very different and I don't know if I would ever want to work at a place like that again. Most of my co-workers was fun to work with and some of them were very strange and if you have questions that you were supposed to have been trained on and didn't know the answer and you go back to the person that trained you and ask them for help on how to do the work, then you get laid off for that. I guess that they think that you are supposed to be a rocket scientist.
Pros
free coffee, tea and hot chocolate and paid breaks
Cons
The people that are supposed to be training you and they don't
Drama Filled Work Environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILSeptember 7, 2016
UniQue as a whole is pretty messed up. This company would hire unqualified friends before they would hire qualified employees. They have poor management that lacks a moral compass. If you tell anything to one person everyone will here of it. Advancement wise they do believe in promoting from within pretty quickly, but that's only if you have friends higher up. They honestly don't care about their associates and expect to stay in business. They have been having issues with paying people on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the associates and the clients because they are the ones that keep the company in business. The hardest part of the job is working with people that lack morals or a spine.
Pros
You get an hour lunch and they are pretty flexible if you have personal business to attend to
Cons
Has funding issues, friends hiring friends, shady people

Want to know more about UniQue Personnel Consultants?

Ask a question
bad
Warehouse or any (Former Employee) –  peru IllinoisAugust 27, 2016
If you're looking for actual work. Do not go to this company and do not apply for them because they had found me only one job and they had me on medical leave so long that the job let me go. I would not recommend this place to anyone because they won't find you a job at all. Even other temp agency said don't go through them cuz they're terrible and they've been told
Pros
they never find you work and you can't apply on indeed cuz they'll message you rudely
Cons
never find you a job
a different type of staffing provider
Onsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 15, 2016
Unique is an associate and client focused staffing provider. Good business philosophy, but their internal computer systems are outdated and their pay is very low for their full time employees.
Not a long term place to work
Internal (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 13, 2016
At the beginning things will seem great, everyone seems nice, and the offices, management, and corporate seem great! You will quickly learn this is all a sham and just about everyone us out to thow you under the bus. It is a stressful workplace. Make sure to get everything in writing because many people will say one thing and do another. Everyone will know your business, everyone.

Should you begin work at UniQue, understand this should not be considered a long term career. Use it to get experience under your belt and move onto bigger things.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Gossip, Stressful environment, No 401k, Overall bad workplace
Employees and management suspicious of each other internally, insufficient training.
Internal (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 5, 2016
The company is able to put temporary workers to work at relatively short notice and goes out of its way to treat them well.
Internally, there was a lot of dissatisfied workers. Job training was inadequate. Lots of nice facades but many employees, including management, are quite willing to throw others under the bus. Staffing internally was also insufficient for the work load.
Pros
Flexible regarding time off, somewhat family-friendly.
Cons
Inadequate training and staffing, poor management in many places.
Great service
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILJuly 23, 2016
provides great service. worked with a lot of nice people. none of the work was hard. a very nice and easy work environment to work with others. learned a few new things.
Nice office, friendly staff
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 20, 2016
I started working with company about a year ago. I worked two temporary assignments that lasted a couple of months while I finished school. I graduated this May and they were able to get me a full time job that offers overtime. Im really happy I stopped in there office. The ladies in the office are really nice and make an effort to get to know you as a person.
Pros
Different jobs available
Cons
point system
Great place to work!
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 20, 2016
The Marion office has a friendly staff and greets everyone that walks in the door with a smile. The day I interviewed at their office, I left feeling like I just made new friends. That feeling continues even after you are offered a job and working. My paycheck has always arrived on time and is correct. I was surprised that they offered direct deposit, holiday pay, vacation time and even insurance. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for employment to stop in at the Marion office.
Pros
Family Friendly, Local Owned, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of job security and management is questionable
Operator (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 20, 2016
You can be hired or fired within days or weeks. There is no job security whatsoever. Also, the management will tell you they have a job for you and never get back to you about it. It's not a very good company to work through due to the unknowns that seem to happen a lot.
Horrible
Senior Marketing Consultant, CSP (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJune 1, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life!!!!! HR is completely uneducated!! The owner is all about the looks of his employees. They lie to you, make empty promises. You do not get paid half of what other agencies would pay. If you cant pass a drug test or have felonies they will employ you!! CLIENTS BEWARE!!!!!!
Pros
Do not work there
Cons
Do NOT work there
Little pay / Poor Management
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 18, 2016
This by far was one of the worst companies I have worked for. Everyone in corporate and in the office branches are either related or best friends and they will gossip about everyone including eachother till their faces turn blue. They do not care about their associates or even their employees if you are not in with the "in crowd" . Most walk around with their noses in the air and act like every associate that comes in is "beneath them". Illegal is a very well know word for there work but it doesnt matter to them. They are big on empty promises and always say " we are growing so fast, there is always room for growth with our company" However they will promote a friend or relative before you with less experience. They do not believe in ethics or morals. Only care about where the next buck is coming from. They tend to fly by the seat of their pants and half the time have no idea what they are doing. Their is a few issues with management but it will never get fixed because of being family or friends. Oh and NEVER file a complaint to HR or a Manager because the whole company will know in no time and nothing will be done. Dont get me wrong though there are a few good employees there that are still good people.
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Gossip, very low pay, unfair