Unique Residential Care Center Employee Reviews

Having the opportunity to serve residents heathly food and beverage and keepung the residents rooms, bathrooms, and dinning area clean and sanitize.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  901 1 street NW washington dc 20001May 18, 2017
Having the joy to interact with the residents, far as game time, party's, and other fun activities. The smiles and excitement of the senior when it come to cookouts, fourth of July day cookout. Thanksgiving and Christmas, party's the joyment of that to share with them give me a better look and caring feeling for seniors.
Pros
Free lunch for food services workers
Cons
Half hour lunch breaks, vacation time
flexible
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2017
Nice for flexibility. Nursing staff is hit or miss. Patients may or may not be ready for treatment. Primarily underserved population. Therapist are contracted out of building so not directly working for this SNF.
its pretty awesome
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2016
a typical day at work is providing quality care for patients. I enjoy being able to help my patients the most. I enjoy working with my co-workers on our unit because we work well as a team.
A job for some but a home to many others
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2015
I interact with lots of people patients, co-workers, and patient's family. A friendly smile and patience gets everyone in a better mood. The management was not that great. The actions of the management was what made me want to leave. I had a couple of great co-workers that helped long bad days turn into a good day. Dealing with terrible management and stubborn patients was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had many patients approach me who weren't mine that day ask me to help them because I was nicer nurse than theirs.
Pros
health insurance, Christmas bonuses
Cons
short break, over worked, no raises, under staffed a lot
Productive but can get extremely busy!!!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2015
I love what I do but it can get extremely overwhelming at times but it's all in the way you can handle it. I've leaned to be patient I this field because it is a lot of work and your on your feet majority of the time.
A tipical work day is always bust
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2015
As a Charge Nurse in a Psych word,it is always busy. The unit is lock down all the time. All my senses are at work. Bring all fragile patients in front of the nursing station within eye reach. Pass medications as ordered.,do finger sticks, supervise feedings, wound dressing, G-tube feeding,.do all documentations on the shift etc. I learn to listen,to be calm, patient and understanding when working with psych patients. T work very well and take orders from the RN, Physicians and other interdisciplinary team members. I delegate and supervised CNAs on the shift. The hardest part of the job is, I don't have enough time for my lunch break because ther is always some thing to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is when there are no incident of elopement, No falls and no incident reports.
Pros
Finish work on time
Cons
Psych patients attempting to escape from their words.
Well managed, fun-filled, and conducive working environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  901 1st st, NW Washington DC 20001February 1, 2015
This is a nursing home. Anything can happen at anytime and the Nurse is expected to be ready to provide interventions for the individual cases as they occur. The use of nursing judgment is absolutely critical at all times. Team work is at full display here. We work together to provide exemplary care to our residents.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Parking problems
Nice place to work
Medical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2014
Very nice location in the DC area. Staff is nice also. I have learned to work in many departments.
Pros
great location
i didnt enjoy working there
CNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2014
i enjoyed working with the residents but not some what of the staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 28, 2013
Team work! It is as close as we can define the work environment at Unique Residential Care Center. I learn respect, patience and compassion. One of the most enjoyable part of the job is the get together that the employees organize around some special holidays like Christmas, thanksgiving. Coworkers are very enthusiastic and are always willing to let you know what you do wrong and help you to correct it.
Pros
Holiday bonus
Cons
Not enough parking for employees
Best and need some improvments
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2013
specifically, I almost enjoy to take care somebody who need really help.
But I need more time to work.
Pros
individual lunch
Cons
short break
This place is a decent place to work.
Co-chair of the Interdisciplinary Team Meeting (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2012
 Provided onsite social services at the JB Johnson Nursing Home in DC.
 Charged with documenting cases (MDS and quarterly reports), patient counseling, care and discharge planning, and liaising between patients and medical staff.
 Represented patient interests as the Co-chair of the Interdisciplinary Team Meeting, a regular gathering of the facility’s medical staff.