Unishippers Global Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Excellent place to work, great environment and very friendly leadership team and family based. This is a fun place to work for all involved and anyone would love it
Terrible Work Experience
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 1, 2017
Most offices are franchises and run according to the individual owners business model. My franchise suffered from unrealistic expectations from management/ownership. Management/ownership created a hostile and segmented environment. There were unexpected compensation changes and 99% turnover in the sales department.
Pros
Logistics is a good field to work in
Cons
Too many to name
VERY competitive work enivorment
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Very much a sink or swim atmosphere. Great compensation plan if you meet requirements which are very hard to obtain. Great management not the best product to sell. Very specialized.
Pros
Free lunch, great managment
Cons
hard sales
Work had have fun
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2017
Management was great, the people I worked with were also great. Lots of time to go out and have fun together while promoting hard work and dedication to the job.
Small family like atomosphere
Billing Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 23, 2017
The best part of the job is the close work environment between co-workers. We are one big happy family. Always assisting other departments when extra help is needed.
Pros
Cookout Fridays
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Exciting office environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 19, 2016
Loved it here. Small office so it was a very family oriented place. Everyone hung out and got along. Hard to not feel like family when you were around the same 5 people all day everyday. It does get a little stressful considering your working with shipping and handling so many calls a day but working together with everyone else it really is not that bad.
Productive Workplace
Freight Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for Unishippers, as it was a buys third party freight company, and we conducted a lot of shipments in a day. The folks were great to work for and with.
Pros
Benefits, Financial Increases
Worst managment ever
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2016
Working for a comany that has poor communication and very poor managment. Someone tell's you to do one thing and someone tells you to do another. You do one thing and get yelled at by the other. You get a binder with basic needs about the system and that's your "training." Terrible people that bring their own problems to work. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Mildly amusing work place
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2016
A typical day at unishippers for me was that I could come in and complete my work that had been assigned to me in about 3 or 4 hours then sporadically throughout the day I was have a few more things come up.
typical sales job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 27, 2016
This is a typical cut throat sales position. Able to thrive if it consumes your life. However being forced to travel without compensation was not ok.
Family Enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Great family to work for. very flexible. Will overwork you if they can. There are always benefits to working for small companies
Great Work Enviornment
FRANCHISE RELATIONS SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2016
I love working here, The Employees and Managers are awesome to work around. Training is easy because you are trained by employees who are willing to help you learn what is necessary to do the job.
Productive and fun workplace, but too much office politics for my liking
Shipping Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work consists of outbound cold calling to get companies shipping with Unishippers.

I've learned to get passed the gatekeeper efficiently.

I'm not too impressed with Management, they need to listen more.

I love all my co-workers, accept my team lead, he is hard to work with because he plays favoritism and is big in office politics.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell and make money.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
too much office politics
Productive fun work place
Accounts Receivable / Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 5, 2016
Great company to work for., very fast paced but very up beat and fun. Small company so it is more like a family than a corporate business.
Pros
Very laid back.
Cons
Healthcare, Short Hours, Make your own Hours, Can bring kids
Nice pay, WORST management ever.
Shipping Consultant/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 30, 2016
Great pay, wonderful co-workers. Management is horrible. Family owned company who brings their family problems to work. They'll fire you to make a quick buck by taking over your accounts. You're cold calling a bunch of companies who don't want to hear from you because they've heard from 30 other companies doing the same thing and 10 other Unishippers sales associates. The right person could make lots of money though, you just have to make sure you're management's favorite.
Pros
sometimes they'll take you out to lunch, great co-workers, nice office
Cons
benefits suck, management needs work
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 6, 2016
I worked out of my home.

I answered phones and emails assisting clients with all manner of shipping needs. I would help execute moving small and large products and items across country using our many contracted LTL (less than truckload) and FTL (full truck load) carriers. I also assisted clients with claims from damaged shipments that would happen a few times a week.

I enjoyed the team I worked with. We google chatted to see what we were all up to and would communicate when we would grab the phone or an email or what we were working on to avoid duplicating each other's efforts.

The owner is a very nice man and great to work with as well as all of the other co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be the isolation of working out of my home. I thought I would enjoy it more than I did.
Pros
Nice people, established company, user friendly database.
Cons
Working out of my home for long hours was difficult.
Hostiale...Awful...
logistic (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Unishippers in Rockaway is the most horrible company you can ever work for.... Owner is completely UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! Would never use them or recommend them to my worse enemy.
Good base, but changed the rules after the start date
Inside/Outside Sales and Account Management (Former Employee) –  Moorehead, MNOctober 6, 2015
I was brought on to build the truckload part of the company, but later learned that they wanted me to sell parcel, and had no support for Truckload. Rates were non-competitive.
was told this was inside sales, but later was told to become a road warrior.
Pros
pay
Cons
unorganized, mis-lead
a
Logistics Consultant (Current Employee) –  AAugust 10, 2015
Unishippers is a franchise company. What that means to you is, your compensation is dependent on the franchise you work for.
Non productive environment
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityAugust 3, 2015
If you want to work for a company that really has no direction, this company is for you. If you have skills this company will eat your soul away. If you want to work at an office where you can do drugs and do whatever you want this is a great environment.
Pros
free doughnuts on Monday mornings
Cons
Horrible management and non professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unishippers Global Logistics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval