Unisource Worldwide

Unisource Worldwide Employer Reviews

Growing Company
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 4, 2014
Fast paced engergetic work culture. Growing company with good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Great company with good people to work with
Corrugated Team Leader (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good leader over team, great emplloyees
Cons: commute, compensation changes
Unisource has been a great company to work at. The management has been helpful and supportive. The team I manage are professionals who work hard to get the job done.
Fun if you like standing on your feet.
Picker / Packer (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 18, 2013
I liked that the place was always moving and fast paced. The only part that I was concerned with was constantly standing in one place for a long time.
Great Local Leadership
Semi-Truck Driver (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2013
Early day shift hours. Flexible scheduling and management. Everyone is treated with the same fairness.
logistics cooridnator skills
District Coordinator/ Logistics (Former Employee), Addison, ILJuly 8, 2013
Pros: logistics experience, great benefits
Cons: hours would always change
I was hired here as a printer coordinator and was quickly promoted to a logistics coordinator. Here I learned a lot how to deal with sales, customer service and transportation. Trying to get product out the best way possible and making sure everything was being worked on and none of the trucks were overweight. I did all reports on excel and in the as400.
Productive and casual attire environment
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Itasca, ILJune 13, 2013
I would write more but i do not know if this is public. Please disregard this review. if you have further interest please contact me by email. Thank you.
Laid back Corporate Environment
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2013
Pros: approachable, employee-centered executives
I worked in an off-site branch, not at the headquarters. Excellent bosses, small office environment, with all the perks and benefits of a large corporation. Loved the management, had dynamic relations with all of my co-workers.
Due to small office, we were able to cross train learn many transferable skills. We all worked together to ensure tasks were – more... completed. Great teams!
Untypical environment. – less
Productive and all was changing place
Warehouse/Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2013
Clean warehouse and pull orders
How to sit up a warehouse
Upper Management needs some work
A great group to work with
Good people and fun place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2013
Pros: worldwide exposure to a vast array of people
Cons: healthcare/benefits
Processed invoices for payment. Contacted division personnel if needed for approval of invoices. Assisted with discrepancies on invoices. Worked with all Operation Managers and assistants at division level. I learned a lot more about international invoicing and billing standards in my duties. My co-workers were great people. I enjoyed working with everyone – more... of them whether here or across the world. The hardest part of my job was getting management to listen to suggestions of better production methods. The most enjoyable part was dealing with vendors and division level management. – less
No room for growth
Sr. Associate - Disbursements (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2013
Pros: i can say that its dependable
Cons: unprofessional team lead, no room for growth
I have learned that in a work enviroment its very important to remain professional.Aim to Complete your job try your best to improve that which they have given you to do. One thing i did like about working for unisource was they did give us reviews just to let us know their thoughts of our work ethics and how we should improve them.. The one thing i – more... dont like about this company is there is no room to excel . – less
Productive and Fast-Paced Organization
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TX.February 10, 2013
Pros: helping others, team interaction, teaching, training
Cons: not much management support, poor interdepartment communication
A typical day included the support of a 9 member sales team that included hands-on field training, motivation, and supervision. Management had a hands-off style. Employees interacted well with one another and helped each other were possible. The most challenging part of the job was meeting the customers expectations on order fill rates. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was working with the sales reps in the field selling products and closing new business. The biggest lesson I learned from this position is that not all company mergers are advantageous to the sales force and that tremendous culturial changes can led to disunity resulting in loss of key employees. – less
Wonderful job for 30 years.
data entry of all orders (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Fast paced all day. On phones most of day. Management gave empowerment to employees to make quick decisions. Good benefits. In a large company, had lots of friends and mentors.
life at Unisource
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJanuary 21, 2013
work individually - able to design your day how you wanted - management and co-workers were great - I wish I was still employed there!
Unisource is a wonderful place to work but the Paper Industry is declining and I don't feel like I make a difference and I want to feel that
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville FloridaDecember 20, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not a team feeling
I work from 8:30 to 5:30 with 1-hour lunch, I have to make a quota every day, 25 outgoing calls and a dollar amount, I meet some very interesting people all day long and try to build relationships where I can. Management tends to micro manage....the hardest part of my job is sitting behind a desk all day and staying out of the daily gossip. The most – more... enjoyable part of my day is when I get to go home, this position is just not me. I am very grateful to have a job and I do it well and I am making my numbers but I feel empty at the end of the day, it's just a paycheck – less
Job was the graveyard shift and not included us in the celebrations
Lead Forklift Operator-Certified (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 10, 2012
Pros: certification on equipment
Cons: management did not listen to our input on making the job more productive.
We had a good group of fellow co-workers and finished the jobs even though we did not have enough personel. This is where I received the majority of my equipment certification.
I miss working with the various ethic groups..
Facilities and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Norcross, GANovember 30, 2012
Unisource was very rewarding in a sense I was able to cross train in a number of areas. Facilty, Shipping, as well as Purchasing..
Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 5, 2012
Pros: freedom
Cons: health care benefit not so good.
We had sales meeting every morning.
We had a products training once a week from vendors.
Management at our location always helpful.
Co workers always willing to assist you.
Not keeping supplies in stock.
Freedom.
Professional with a family feel.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST PRINTING PAPER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2012
Management is very good at communicating with employees about financials, goals and new strategies. This makes you feel important and part of a bigger family - Very team oriented.

About Unisource Worldwide

This company has a singular mission: Distribute paper to North America. Unisource Worldwide is one of the biggest independent – Read more