Unisource Employee Reviews

Average
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I was there such a long time ago, so not sure what it is like at this point. When I was there, the expectations of employees was unreasonable and difficult to meet new deadlines. There was new management styles being implemented and downsizing started. i did learn a lot about accounting, since I had just graduated and came in as a staff accountant. Learned closing timelines and process improvement guidelines. I also became a manager and learned management skills.
Pros
Good group of accountants to work with and teach
Cons
Company downsized
packaging and stocking
Warehouse Worker, Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 30, 2016
Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
Maintains truck or van by completing preventive maintenance,
Pros
nothing
Cons
little money, no pay an overtime
Its okay
Rebate Dispute Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJune 9, 2016
I am thankful that Unisource took me as a temp and took the time to train me however layoffs hit hard with this company and there were a lot of competitors.
A challenging place to work with good people
Senior Interior Designer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMay 3, 2016
I worked with a good group of individuals that kept me laughing. I was given the opportunity to grow as an individual as well as a designer. The company depended on me.
Pros
Flexible with hours as long as you put in your time
Cons
Management was abusive
Not good company culture and work style
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 25, 2016
there is communication gap between the US site office and headquarter in China, so things is not going smoothly enough. And incentives and motivation for employees is not good.
Everyone is very productipe moving shipments.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAFebruary 18, 2016
You will be at the warehouse organizing, bringing products down from racks. You will wrap product before loading the product on the truck. have a 30 min -1 hour lunch depending on the work activity and group. Pass duct mope around the warehouse when there are no assignments or activity for the moment.

I have learned to do inventory. Work with others helping on the products.
great company
Furniture Installer (Former Employee) –  hayward caJanuary 26, 2016
ini this place you really learn a lot from your coworkers, they always are in the best mood to show you the best way for do a good job.
Pros
bonus for the job
didnt work for long
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 28, 2015
better opportunity came my way, left job before I could get a good feel felt harassed by certain males there unfortunetly.
Data entry specialist
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  ITASCA, ILAugust 26, 2015
Teamwork was great
As a department and individuals, the moral and commitment to excellence was demanded
Learned to communicate more in depth with customers
Pros
GREAT WORK HOURS AND GREAT PEOPLE
Colleagues & Client Great
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2015
Majority of the clients & colleagues were wonderful.
As to job advancement, not really.
As to communication & working as a team. It always seem to be management against staff.
The CEO unpredictable with has attitude, Tyrant
Opinionated of outsiders, politics etc.
Don't feel appropriate with your staff.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
A Fast Developing Startup Company
Marketing analyst, Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2015
As a startup company, it has a very good vision and many potential opportunities. The team is very enthusiastic and devoting. A good place to work since the spacious developing fields.
work summary
driver (Former Employee) –  hayward caJuly 23, 2015
Safely transported equipment to customers locations in a timely, safe and courteous manne Loaded and unloaded equipment following proper policy and procedures Performed inventory and keep products properly stocked Install office furniture from wall panels, work surfaces, file cabinets
Challenging and rewarding. Managers were supportive and helpful
Merchandiser/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJune 23, 2015
A day typically started with any requests for quotes from the day prior. I would contact vendors to get this information to the sales rep or customer as soon as possible. Depending on product, most items were quoted within a hour of receipt, but a few custom items would need additional time.
Call vendors for confirmations on orders placed the day prior if not already received via fax or email.
Check the order program for pending ordered keyed by customer service. Verify cost and lead time and place PO's with vendors.

In my 16 years, I learned about a variety of product. I grew confident in product knowledge and was comfortable in contacting various vendors that might not fall in the core list of suppliers to find product that was requested. I enjoyed maintaining relationships with my vendors and strived to work well with them. I enjoyed getting to know my customers, sales team and vendors and together we all worked together to make sure we were receiving the best product, price, lead time and service.

The managers were always willing to help if needed. To maintain a happy work environment and promote a team atmosphere, the managers and team leaders were continually organizing functions in the service center so all the departments could interact on a more social level. I felt this was an important factor in the way the departments interacted on a daily basis.
Pros
Working independently without micromanagement.
Cons
Continual job function/process changes.
A very good work environment to be successful and care for our customers.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work, I would set appointments for the next week. I would call on my clients that I had set up and help them solve problems that they would encounter. When I was done with my appointments I would cold call new prospects.

I learned to listen to the customer and find solutions to their frustrations.

The management and I worked close together with great communication.

My co-workers and I worked together also to help one another.

The hardest part of the job was finding the qualified buyer and seeing them face to face. By asking questions I would eventually find the person in authority.

The most enjoyable part is when I build a relationship with my clients and I gain their trust in me and our company.
Pros
Our company would stock the things I needed to supply my clients, would keep them in the warehouse for shippment when I sold the products, Not very many back orders.
Cons
I had to pay all of my travel and hotel bills myself, No expense account or reimbursements, I would claim these costs as a tax deduction.
World wide company
Data Entry/ Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 8, 2015
Has a lot to offer if hired on completely. I enjoyed the work i did and they were flexible. The boss i had was difficult to deal with at times but i made it work.
Friendly and Fun Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 6, 2015
Delta Sonic gave me a lot of communication skills and I learned how to work with the public. The management and co-workers were helpful and fun. It was a pleasant work experience.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not the same income every week
Fun
Unisource commercial landscape (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 1, 2015
Every day in landscape is a typical day. Working together as a leader of crew is a good challenge end everything become easy working together end very fun.
Pros
overtime
Cons
in the cold days no overtime
great place to work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working there great people to work with and to work for
Large $6 Billion Company Sold Out to Investors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2014
Able to work with the same folks while advancing career. Wouldn't change much.
Productive great place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTDecember 2, 2014
Great Company, Traveled to Upstate NY on a small plan.
Can't say much they didn't micro-manage and we always were above our goal. The collections were 160+ outstanding, I brought them down to less that 60 days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisource. Our community is ready to answer.

80%