Unisource

Unisource Employee Reviews

Friendly and Fun Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Not the same income every week
Delta Sonic gave me a lot of communication skills and I learned how to work with the public. The management and co-workers were helpful and fun. It was a pleasant work experience.
Fun
Unisource commercial landscape (Former Employee), Hudson, MAApril 1, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: in the cold days no overtime
Every day in landscape is a typical day. Working together as a leader of crew is a good challenge end everything become easy working together end very fun.
great place to work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), La Palma, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working there great people to work with and to work for
Large $6 Billion Company Sold Out to Investors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2014
Able to work with the same folks while advancing career. Wouldn't change much.
Productive great place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTDecember 2, 2014
Great Company, Traveled to Upstate NY on a small plan.
Can't say much they didn't micro-manage and we always were above our goal. The collections were 160+ outstanding, I brought them down to less that 60 days.
Face paced fun workplace
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 15, 2014
A typical day is taking care of the customers needs by order entry, tracking orders, tracking shipments, checking with our vendors on product availability, answering the phone, doing quotes and finding out the best price for the customer.
Overall a great place to work.
Productive yet enjoyable work enviroment
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2014
A normal work day can go from smooth and steady to crazy and fast paced. This company is enjoyable to work for because I have learned to work in a small office group. Co-workers are absolutely the best I have ever had. The hardest part of the job is inventory, and or month's end but as a team we always pull together and get through. the most enjoyable part is being a small group of 6 employees and always having each other's backs.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, CTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: food rewards.
Cons: management not understanding my maternal limitations
My job would begin at 8:30. The phone would ring; it was off to the races to see what went wrong with yesterdays orders and how to quickly get the printers product.
I learned to multitask like no other.
Management was difficult sometimes.
Co-workers were always fun, helpful, and working like a team
The hardest part of my job was wrapping up my day. At the time, I had to pick up my young son. It was a battle between management wanting me to stay late, and my responsibility as a mother,
The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the salesmen, and certain printers. Always kidding in between orders.
Learned an industry
Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee), Tampa Bay, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: your own boss
Cons: management
Calling on customers, collecting receivables,
Resourcing products.
Co workers were cooperative.
I enjoyed helping customers.
IT WAS FUN TO WORK THERE.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: you could buy product from there and i did get along with employees.
Cons: the benefits were great there as well.
WORKING AT UNISOURCE WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK TO ,BECAUSE I DID LEARNED A LOT THERE AND ALSO IT WAS A FUN PLACE TO WORK TO .
safe and fun always on the go to keep employees motivated to come to work.
Data entry and inventory control (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 21, 2014
Always on my feet and always motivated to go work at unisource.
people there were not professional
forklift driver (Former Employee), georgiaApril 21, 2014
area boss was not professional but an overall good company.
Productive place to work, TV in lunch room, couch in ladies lounge
Customer Service/Help desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, thanksgiving lunch, christmas lunch, mothers day celebrations, fathers day celebrations
Cons: would not give raises and took 10% from many of the employees
This Company is very family oriented. Most of the associates have been there for many years. Human Resources is always very helpful.
All the employees are very helpful and courteous. Everyone always gave a helping hand when someone else was overloaded and/or trying to meet a deadline. It was a very wonderful place and everyone felt like family.
Productive and fun place with lunchroom and snacks
Experienced Driver (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid vacations, insurance, etc.
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work I would arrive at 8 pm sharp ready to work. I learned the meaning of hard work at Unisource, I learned to further enhance my job skills. The management was fairly good everything ran properly and productively. My co-workers were like any other co-workers fun and enjoyable people to talk to on a daily basis during my time at Unisource. The hardest part of my job were the rough long nights that I had to stay up delivering my cargo that was given to me which I had to delver to its destination. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the people that I met and having a conversation with them on a daily basis.
Fast paced and demanding
Class A Truck Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2013
delivery and warehouse operations - equipment operations in the warehouse - paperwork
Great company with good benefits.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: stable job, good working hours and conditions.
Cons: very little opportunity for advancement. not rewarded based on efforts and abilities.
Favoritism exists within management. Potential for advancement was non existent.
fast paced environment with possible overtime.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 21, 2013
Pros: medical and dental insurance. advancement in company.
Cons: old warehouse. poor equipment.
start shift with equipment checklist. fill, check, wrap and load orders for regional printing companies. unload, check as store stock in warehouse locations.
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: distance from home
as a store manager you are in charge of your own store . sales ,promotions ,stock and general overall appearence
Fax Runner
Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2013
Distributing 700 plus faxes to various individual customer service representatives. Also distributed inter office memos and ordering office supplies.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), JacksonvilleJuly 8, 2013
Pros: too many to list
Cons: owned by an equity firm for many years
I have been with Unisource for 18 years and I love it. I have had 4 positions and have moved up in each one. Unisource, like all large companies, has its issues but I can tell you I have not worked a weekend in 18 years. This company has afforded me a very comfortable lifestyle and it has been an honor to work for them.

The only reason I am even contemplating leaving is I am looking to relocate and Unisource has not locations in the state I am trying to move to.