Unisource

Unisource Employer Reviews

IT WAS FUN TO WORK THERE.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: you could buy product from there and i did get along with employees.
Cons: the benefits were great there as well.
WORKING AT UNISOURCE WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK TO ,BECAUSE I DID LEARNED A LOT THERE AND ALSO IT WAS A FUN PLACE TO WORK TO .
safe and fun always on the go to keep employees motivated to come to work.
Data entry and inventory control (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 21, 2014
Always on my feet and always motivated to go work at unisource.
people there were not professional
forklift driver (Former Employee), georgiaApril 21, 2014
area boss was not professional but an overall good company.
Productive place to work, TV in lunch room, couch in ladies lounge
Customer Service/Help desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, thanksgiving lunch, christmas lunch, mothers day celebrations, fathers day celebrations
Cons: would not give raises and took 10% from many of the employees
This Company is very family oriented. Most of the associates have been there for many years. Human Resources is always very helpful.
All the employees are very helpful and courteous. Everyone always gave a helping hand when someone else was overloaded and/or trying to meet a deadline. It was a very wonderful place and everyone felt like family.
Productive and fun place with lunchroom and snacks
Experienced Driver (Former Employee), Commerce, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid vacations, insurance, etc.
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work I would arrive at 8 pm sharp ready to work. I learned the meaning of hard work at Unisource, I learned to further enhance my job skills. The management was fairly good everything ran properly and productively. My co-workers were like any other co-workers fun and enjoyable people to talk to on a daily basis during my time at Unisource. – more... The hardest part of my job were the rough long nights that I had to stay up delivering my cargo that was given to me which I had to delver to its destination. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the people that I met and having a conversation with them on a daily basis. – less
Fast paced and demanding
Class A Truck Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2013
delivery and warehouse operations - equipment operations in the warehouse - paperwork
Great company with good benefits.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: stable job, good working hours and conditions.
Cons: very little opportunity for advancement. not rewarded based on efforts and abilities.
Favoritism exists within management. Potential for advancement was non existent.
fast paced environment with possible overtime.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 21, 2013
Pros: medical and dental insurance. advancement in company.
Cons: old warehouse. poor equipment.
start shift with equipment checklist. fill, check, wrap and load orders for regional printing companies. unload, check as store stock in warehouse locations.
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: distance from home
as a store manager you are in charge of your own store . sales ,promotions ,stock and general overall appearence
Fax Runner
Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2013
Distributing 700 plus faxes to various individual customer service representatives. Also distributed inter office memos and ordering office supplies.
Best Company I have ever worked for
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), JacksonvilleJuly 8, 2013
Pros: too many to list
Cons: owned by an equity firm for many years
I have been with Unisource for 18 years and I love it. I have had 4 positions and have moved up in each one. Unisource, like all large companies, has its issues but I can tell you I have not worked a weekend in 18 years. This company has afforded me a very comfortable lifestyle and it has been an honor to work for them.

The only reason I am even contemplating – more... leaving is I am looking to relocate and Unisource has not locations in the state I am trying to move to. – less
I was very distant from the company.
Temporary Data Entry (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMay 5, 2013
I did not get a great impression of the company because I worked entirely from home on my personal computer. My father is a Marketing Manager at Unisource and his boss needed spreadsheets made, and since my father knew I was proficient with computers, he asked me to do it. I never set foot in the building and was never even on the payroll.

So, my personal – more... experience is very atypical and should not be considered by anyone considering working here. – less
productive and fun work environment
Driver (Former Employee), Broussard, LAApril 16, 2013
Pros: owners always helped you if you needed it
Cons: some vehicles ran very poorly
everybody got along great, owners took great care of employees it was a small company everyone helped everyone else
No Job security
Engineering Tech II (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2013
Pros: provide lunches 2 to 3 times a week & drinks.
Cons: benefits
Works directly with packaging engineers/designers to assisting them with the testing required to evaluate new packaging solutions.
I have had a great time at my current job at Unisource
Assembler (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free pizza on our final day of seasonal work there
Cons: it is a seasonal job.
My typical day at work started at 8:00am and ended at 4:30pm. I only work part time there three days a week. This is my second year doing this job so I learned more how to work with my co-workers, rather than the job itself since I had done the job last year.
having company cookouts was fun.
Driver / Warehouseman (Former Employee), Farmington, NYOctober 16, 2012
nice people.hard workers.managers easy to talk too.company always provided good equipment to work with.
no fun whit ping pong table
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), jacksonville,flAugust 9, 2012
Cons: short breaks yes
unloaded and lded consumer products and place it correctly in storage. maintain safe and clean work area.
Professional
Executive Assistant to SVP of Human Resources (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 24, 2012
I learned so much from Georgia Power about always being professional and exploring growth opportunities.
Environment was good enjoyed going to work everyday
Accounting Clerk/Receiving Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), 13217 S. Figueroa Los Angeles Ca.April 12, 2012
Work was great I enjoyed my job and working for the company, I learned Warehouse Logistics, Shipping & Receiving and transportation procedures. Co-Workers were nice to work with very much team players. The hardest part of my job was transporting files up stairs, the most enjoyable part was talking to Carrier companys to set delivery appointments.
Productive work-place. A great learning experience for myself
Account Executive (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2012
Unisource provided me with the opportunity to develop new skills and an understanding for the B2B sales role.