Unisource Employee Reviews in United States

Not good company culture and work style
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 25, 2016
there is communication gap between the US site office and headquarter in China, so things is not going smoothly enough. And incentives and motivation for employees is not good.
great company
Furniture Installer (Former Employee) –  hayward caJanuary 26, 2016
ini this place you really learn a lot from your coworkers, they always are in the best mood to show you the best way for do a good job.
Pros
bonus for the job
didnt work for long
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 28, 2015
better opportunity came my way, left job before I could get a good feel felt harassed by certain males there unfortunetly.
Data entry specialist
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  ITASCA, ILAugust 26, 2015
Teamwork was great
As a department and individuals, the moral and commitment to excellence was demanded
Learned to communicate more in depth with customers
Pros
GREAT WORK HOURS AND GREAT PEOPLE
Colleagues & Client Great
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2015
Majority of the clients & colleagues were wonderful.
As to job advancement, not really.
As to communication & working as a team. It always seem to be management against staff.
The CEO unpredictable with has attitude, Tyrant
Opinionated of outsiders, politics etc.
Don't feel appropriate with your staff.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
A Fast Developing Startup Company
Marketing analyst, Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2015
As a startup company, it has a very good vision and many potential opportunities. The team is very enthusiastic and devoting. A good place to work since the spacious developing fields.
work summary
driver (Former Employee) –  hayward caJuly 23, 2015
Safely transported equipment to customers locations in a timely, safe and courteous manne Loaded and unloaded equipment following proper policy and procedures Performed inventory and keep products properly stocked Install office furniture from wall panels, work surfaces, file cabinets
Challenging and rewarding. Managers were supportive and helpful
Merchandiser/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJune 23, 2015
A day typically started with any requests for quotes from the day prior. I would contact vendors to get this information to the sales rep or customer as soon as possible. Depending on product, most items were quoted within a hour of receipt, but a few custom items would need additional time.
Call vendors for confirmations on orders placed the day prior if not already received via fax or email.
Check the order program for pending ordered keyed by customer service. Verify cost and lead time and place PO's with vendors.

In my 16 years, I learned about a variety of product. I grew confident in product knowledge and was comfortable in contacting various vendors that might not fall in the core list of suppliers to find product that was requested. I enjoyed maintaining relationships with my vendors and strived to work well with them. I enjoyed getting to know my customers, sales team and vendors and together we all worked together to make sure we were receiving the best product, price, lead time and service.

The managers were always willing to help if needed. To maintain a happy work environment and promote a team atmosphere, the managers and team leaders were continually organizing functions in the service center so all the departments could interact on a more social level. I felt this was an important factor in the way the departments interacted on a daily basis.
Pros
Working independently without micromanagement.
Cons
Continual job function/process changes.
A very good work environment to be successful and care for our customers.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work, I would set appointments for the next week. I would call on my clients that I had set up and help them solve problems that they would encounter. When I was done with my appointments I would cold call new prospects.

I learned to listen to the customer and find solutions to their frustrations.

The management and I worked close together with great communication.

My co-workers and I worked together also to help one another.

The hardest part of the job was finding the qualified buyer and seeing them face to face. By asking questions I would eventually find the person in authority.

The most enjoyable part is when I build a relationship with my clients and I gain their trust in me and our company.
Pros
Our company would stock the things I needed to supply my clients, would keep them in the warehouse for shippment when I sold the products, Not very many back orders.
Cons
I had to pay all of my travel and hotel bills myself, No expense account or reimbursements, I would claim these costs as a tax deduction.
World wide company
Data Entry/ Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 8, 2015
Has a lot to offer if hired on completely. I enjoyed the work i did and they were flexible. The boss i had was difficult to deal with at times but i made it work.
Friendly and Fun Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 6, 2015
Delta Sonic gave me a lot of communication skills and I learned how to work with the public. The management and co-workers were helpful and fun. It was a pleasant work experience.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Not the same income every week
Fun
Unisource commercial landscape (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 1, 2015
Every day in landscape is a typical day. Working together as a leader of crew is a good challenge end everything become easy working together end very fun.
Pros
overtime
Cons
in the cold days no overtime
great place to work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed working there great people to work with and to work for
Large $6 Billion Company Sold Out to Investors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 16, 2014
Able to work with the same folks while advancing career. Wouldn't change much.
Productive great place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTDecember 2, 2014
Great Company, Traveled to Upstate NY on a small plan.
Can't say much they didn't micro-manage and we always were above our goal. The collections were 160+ outstanding, I brought them down to less that 60 days.
Face paced fun workplace
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 15, 2014
A typical day is taking care of the customers needs by order entry, tracking orders, tracking shipments, checking with our vendors on product availability, answering the phone, doing quotes and finding out the best price for the customer.
Overall a great place to work.
Productive yet enjoyable work enviroment
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2014
A normal work day can go from smooth and steady to crazy and fast paced. This company is enjoyable to work for because I have learned to work in a small office group. Co-workers are absolutely the best I have ever had. The hardest part of the job is inventory, and or month's end but as a team we always pull together and get through. the most enjoyable part is being a small group of 6 employees and always having each other's backs.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 1, 2014
My job would begin at 8:30. The phone would ring; it was off to the races to see what went wrong with yesterdays orders and how to quickly get the printers product.
I learned to multitask like no other.
Management was difficult sometimes.
Co-workers were always fun, helpful, and working like a team
The hardest part of my job was wrapping up my day. At the time, I had to pick up my young son. It was a battle between management wanting me to stay late, and my responsibility as a mother,
The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the salesmen, and certain printers. Always kidding in between orders.
Pros
food rewards.
Cons
management not understanding my maternal limitations
Learned an industry
Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 29, 2014
Calling on customers, collecting receivables,
Resourcing products.
Co workers were cooperative.
I enjoyed helping customers.
Pros
your own boss
Cons
management
It was fun to work there.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2014
Working at unisource was a great place to work to ,because I did learned a lot there and also it was a fun place to work to .
Pros
you could buy product from there and i did get along with employees.
Cons
the benefits were great there as well.