Unisys

Unisys Employer Reviews

Challenging organization with great benifits
Client Services Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: diversity
Outstanding company to work for. They senior management was instrumental in my professional development. I was given an opportunity to lead a team of over 50 geographically separated technicians providing successful service level support for the largest accounting organization in the Department of Defense.
UNISYS was a great place to work, learn and get better as a professional and personally.
Account Executive/District Manager Channels (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good marcom and branding work globally, excellent professional training, good management, fanatical team work
Cons: long selling cycles, career advancement was not easy, lots of driving
Unisys was the result of the merge between Sperry-Univac and Burroughs in 1987. It was perhaps the best place I worked to learn and understand the IT business and work as a cohesive team.

Exceeded my annual numbers by 150% in 1989 while working out of the Capital District in Richmond/Norfolk where I was Awarded as the "MVP and Rookie of the Year."

Promoted to Miami, Florida as District Manager for Channel Sales.

Served as a liaison from time to time between Unisys U.S. and Unisys CALA based out of Boca Raton, Florida.
Self owned Business
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Business could not get off the ground. Not enough customer base at the time to sustain
Productive environment; good benefits
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 3, 2015
Worked with company for many years. Always tries to advance employees. Always tries to place employees when projects end.
service delivery coodinator
Service Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: working with a great staff
Cons: enviromental
I check to see what techs are out for the day to see if any tickets need to be moved around to complete work for the current daily workload.

I look in tank to see what need to be assigned for current workload meeting a 2 day SLA for IMACs.

check emails for escalation and handle as needed

check daily move request to see if scheduling been cancelled.

handle conference call on equipment what is available for the day if anything is need to complete task

order parts for broken equipment

check on purchase order and make sure equipment arrived and been delivered to customers

make sure printer ticket are handle, toner and maintenance.

have conference call with management on various task
Great people, environment
Functional Area Expert (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDDecember 20, 2014
Great people, great management. First company where management worked as hard as everyone else. Salary not great, but balances with enjoying what you do and coworkers.
provider service relation
Provider Services Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Somerville, MADecember 19, 2014
love working there, i had no experience however supervisor saw a potential in me and hired me on the spot. Although the drive was not in my favorite however the staff and management there is awesome. Due to contract ended i was laid off.
Military IT Group
IT Help Desk / Windows OS Server Tech. (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CADecember 18, 2014
Military IT Group was kind of a quiet non social environment.
Gave this company 3 decades of my life
Software Architect (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIDecember 18, 2014
I worked at Burroughs Corporation before it became Unisys. I loved this job for the first 15 years. After that things went down hill continually. When I was laid off, I had become I was working from home and had no real relationship with my boss. The company only paid for the phone line I used for conference calls; they didn't even pay for my internet service.

Current management is transitory and not that good at what they do. The company doesn't really care about it's customers any more.
Good place
Project Executive / Engagement Executive (Former Employee), PADecember 17, 2014
Pros: great people to work with. opportunity to learn and atonomy to make decisions
Cons: min ability for promotions and raises.
It was years ago, but I enjoyed working here. People I worked with were great and very dedicated to success, management was supportive and helped us get the job done.
Second Level Technician
Level 2 Technician (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEDecember 8, 2014
Started as Help Desk Operator then within 6 months became a Second Level Technician supporting around 250 people at Dade Behring (formally DuPont Medical.
Good Company, limited growth.
Desktop/Field Support Technician (Former Employee), Lyndhurst ,NJDecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: not much growth
Not much room for growth, demands to high with short staff. Pay cuts with more work. Good and bad management.
Exciting, and Changeling each day was different love that job.
Lead Courier (Former Employee), Baton Rouge LaDecember 1, 2014
Training of 1-2 employees, Maintaining company vans, operation of mail room equipment, deliver of confidential documents on and off sit, customer service phone, and personal, document all incoming and outgoing mail, maintain supplies.
Temporary Hire
Call Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2014
Was all around a good work environment.
but after the 3 month contract was no interaction, just a call late at night saying to not come in to work the next day.
assisted callers with any low level computer support.
as well as helping with remote desktop for more advance help.
Very human focused and flexible company
Sr HR Manager Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico (Current Employee), Mexico, MONovember 19, 2014
Unisys is very good company to work in an international environment with people around the world
Work independently
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2014
You were enabled to work freely and confidently in your support of your customer. You were expected to ensure that the customer was satisfied and thier needs were met.
Great coworkers
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Timonium, MDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: most of the time was spent out of the office
Cons: no loyalty or benefits from management
The work day was usually just travelling to end user's locations throughout MD and repairing there equipment. The problem was I was only sent the parts that the help desk sent based on a phone call, which didn't always cover all of the issues. Hanging out with my fellow techs in the morning getting ready for the day was the best part of it.
nothing like it
Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 1, 2014
working for unisys was a pleasent experience I recieved alot of knowledge and how to adapt to change on a daily basis
Not impressed ...........
IT Person (Former Employee), Scott Air Base IllinoisOctober 27, 2014
Cons: benefits, no raises
Was never impressed with Unisys. They seemed too busy taking benefits away then making things better for employees. The initial interview and the way things really were ..... two different things. Weird culture to say the least and knew right away I made a mistake working there. Maybe it was the environment I worked in which definitly didnt help but I stuck with it as long as I could until I could find a position that fit me better and someplace I wanted to go to every day. Very difficult to get a direction there on what they wanted and even worse to get anything accomplished due to obstacles of other poeple with different agendas. If you wanted long boring days with no clear direction this job is for you. Not for me.
A great place to work
Configuration Management Analyst / Sys Admin (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Enjoyed my first experience working in the Aerospace industry. Was moved into my first exempt position due to a promotion by my then Manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more

Unisys Photos