Unisys

Unisys Employer Reviews

Fun company
Utilize HP Web Jet Admin (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: ok pay pto
Cons: contract
it is ok to work for this company
it is a very good place to work
My first IT Job
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 8, 2014
With this company i worked in many project in many cities. I worked for them for 13 years
Great employment experience and corporate culture.
Regional Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), New JerseyJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, wages, people, and promotablility. unisys is a first class organization
Cons: commute.
My last job duty as a Regional Credit and Collection Manager involved the collection of revenues from current clients for the Eastern region. My daily duties involved overseeing the District Financial Analysts in my region that were responsible for collections. My typical day would involve travel, communicating and updating progress on forecasted revenue – more... projections, collections, and assisting in equipment procurement. Meeting with the Regional Manager and the management team to plan and strategize.

Our management team and co-workers complemented each other and everyone added their skill, expertise, and knowledge base to the team. We were quite successful in the achievement of forecasted goals.

The hardest part of the job was the commute from home each day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall experience gained from the start of my employment to the end. I started out as a local Branch Administrator and through various promotions became a Regional Manager. And with each promotion I grew in business savvy, expertise, relationships, knowledge, and on many levels including the branch, district, and regional levels. – less
Rewarding environment with advancement
Full charge cash disbursement clerk (Former Employee), Flemington, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment
Accounts payable clerk for six months then moved up to a management position as full charge bookkeeper in the cash disbursements division. Learned monthly, quarterly, and yearly reconciliations to submit to corporate accountants. Extremely enjoyed my working environment and all my co-workers.
Good Company
Business Excellence Manager (Former Employee), Blue Bell PaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: high tech
Cons: restricted market
Great Products
Great People
Diverse Workforce
Fun Environment
Innovative IT company with offices around the world
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: work from home 2 days a week
It's great working so closely with the client and having the freedom to meet there needs without being overly managed.
Highly challenging job
Consultant (Former Employee), Pyeongtaek, ROKJune 26, 2014
Day consisted of maintaining 26 to 69 systems. Co-workers were the best you will ever find.
Not a great company
Help Desk Specialist 2 (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: low morale, poor treatment of employees, low pay, horrible benefits, equipment doesn't always work.
Unisys is concerned with their bottom line. That's it. They do not care about employees. Having entered the IT field at an older age (I was over 30), I was shocked to find a company that treated its employees as if they were in high school.
I was told I needed permission to use the bathroom. If I stood up to stretch, this was a problem.
I worked for – more... the Help Desk at Unisys. However, I was able to do very little helping. Unisys is paid per ticket written by the companies they contract with. They want their Help Desk reps to write as many tickets as possible---that is paramount to actually solving problems. So---I didn't get to help as much as I liked.
They are also open on holidays, and they will force you to come in. However, there is generally no supervisor that comes in on holidays---so again---management has very little respect for the people under their management.
There is always a tense, disorganized atmosphere there, which makes it difficult for employees to develop relationships. (Besides the fact that they aren't really provided with much opportunity to converse, and the pay is so low that they cannot go out for drinks afterwards, either.)
Stay away from Unisys. Maybe someday they will understand that in order to be successful, they need to treat their employees correctly. – less
Fun place to work with technical folks at FDIC.
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: subsidized breakfast and lunches.
Cons: some other contractors slacked doing the work tasks.
I had fun working with the Unisys team since they were professional and helpful.
Easy work, not reliable
Field Support Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2014
Good managers, great to be self managed, but the work is very unreliable, somedays you will have a full day and others you will have nothing. Good for people starting out in the IT field.
Great place to be hired
Customer Engineer 6 (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 18, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to expand
Cons: hard to get in
Company where they have branches of work in different fields under the same job title. One will work as a IS Helpdesk representative, Field Technician and provide professional services to the banks. This helps to acquire many experiences from the different professional fields under the same company. They also provide access to an online University for – more... different technical and professional concepts. If necessary they would send their employees to different countries for training. – less
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Service Request Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2014
At Unisys I create accounts for new hires and complete requests submitted by the end user.
I learned how to work well with a team.
My manager was prety layed back if you got your work done.
Coworkers were all verry friendly.
Hardest part of the job is research on new and unique requests.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ping pong table.
NA
Senior Project Controller (Current Employee), Reston, VAJune 3, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
All co-workers were friendly and help each other out with all type of issues.
Self-sufficient environment
Level 1 Agent (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: familial
Cons: poor management, poor benefits
Queues here seem to be mostly self-sufficient. Everyone here treats each other like family. Hardest part of the job is juggling additional tasks while still being available for calls. Most enjoyable part is talking to everyone. All the people here are friends, don't see each other as just co-workers.
Great place to work.
Medicaid Field Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2014
Enjoyed traveling and assisting providers with receiving payments from Louisiana Medicaid. Trained providers on Medicaid policy and procedures. Most enjoyable was putting provider workshops throughout the state.
Good company to work for, but suffers from Big Company culture.
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 30, 2014
Pros: they follow all the right standards and follow and preach ethics all the time.
Cons: if you are on a site for one of their contracts your access to unisys resources is very limited.
Read the Dilbert Comic Strip to know what Big Company culture is like. Most of it fits Unisys corporation in terms of how it works. Don't get me wrong, it is a good company to work for, but having come from a small company (way back when) and then moving over to Sperry, which merged with Burroughs to be come Unisys (I worked for Sperry/Unisys for 30 – more... years) that was an experience.

If you go to work for Unisys, make sure you get close to the salary you want, because the rate of salary advancement in a big company is slow. If you manage to get a promotion in the company, that would result in a jump in salary. The yearly upgrade of salary is very conservative. – less
Great Co-workers, Inconsistent Managment
Service Support Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: pay, friendly co-workers, consistent workflow
Cons: poor communication, expensive health plan w/poor coverage
Typically day to day is a lot of the same. People are great, and the calls are consistent. Not much in the way of advancement opportunities, and the management lacks communication. The pay is pretty nice though for this market.
Great company
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMay 22, 2014
Worked for this company for 16 years and did not have micro managers, which is a HUGE plus!
Worst contract gig ever
Field Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 12, 2014
I was a field technician for almost a year doing repairs for Dell. In short, I'd be scheduled either a ridiculous amount of work that impossible to keep up with or no work at all. On top of that, the pay was atrocious and I often had to keep half or more of my paycheck just to be able to afford to work the next week. It was awful.
PC technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMay 5, 2014
On the move to different locations of DPSS offices while we wait for our team leader to give us intructions of settting and ghosting the PC terminals into a new operating system Windows 7

1 2 3 4 5

About Unisys

Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves – Read more