Unisys Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 26, 2017
Excellent and solid company.
Work day time hours in the cyber specialist.
Always learning and improving my knowledge base.
Business environment, but casual, professional and friendly.
Enjoy that the work hours are conducive to the employee as long as the core hours are met.
Pros
Free gym in the building
Cons
traffic
Fast paced environment
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2017
Fast paced environment. Expected to be on the phone to take customer calls for most of the day. Handled and met the hardware and software troubleshooting needs of multiple accounts.
Fast pace and on the go type of job.
FIELD TECH ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2017
Great work environment to get your feet wet with government contracts, and fortune 500 companies. Mandatory Dell certification are a great plus for those that love to learn. At its heart its all about customer service and a great client relationship.
Pros
Freedom to map out your day and tasks.
Cons
language barrier with Dell Corp oversees.
Family oriented company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2017
I love this company worked for nine years and enjoyed working with the engineers and the sales personal they were like my family we still keep in contact with one another.
Pros
willing to allow me to balance my family life with work
Cons
nothing to report
This is the worst company that I've ever worked for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 20, 2017
I held this job for two and a half years. I was hired to work with two other technicians but in my final six months two of my coworkers retired and I was advised that there would be no replacements and that there was a moratorium on salary raises. I found myself on-call 24/7 covering half of Alabama. and on several occasions I worked over 60 hours strait with no input from management or assistance. This is dangers to the public and dangerous to the employ. Unisys does not care.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
50 hour work days, no free time, stress, no raise, increases responsibility, inept management, coworker continually at odds with each other
Challenging work environment with a variety or corporate IT problems to solve
IT Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Typical day at work is usually driving 42 miles to Pasadena, Tx. one way and providing desk side support for any and all IT issues. I have learned how to disassemble and reassemble laptops. I have learned how to configure Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops. I have learned how to use Altiris 8.5. Workplace culture is good. Everyone is super nice and professional acting. Hardest part of this job is the driving, followed by getting parts delivered to the correct site. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have fixed a problem for someone and they appreciate the work that I do with a Thank you. I always say "I am happy I could fix the problem" because that's what I enjoy doing. Solving IT problems for people!
Pros
Telecommute sometimes remoting a problem computer
Cons
No one else who knows how to do my job to fill in for me when I am out sick, Hard to have a vacation that way, Low pay range
A great company to work for overall. Excellent job security and job culture.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 20, 2017
I worked in several job positions over many years at Unisys. Overall, there were very tight management that made everyone accountable for whatever they were responsible for producing. The company had developed a very smart mainframe based software package that kept track of almost everything, including start and end of work and production for each person on a daily basis.

The company was very customer oriented and all the teams worked very hard to meet the customer service level agreements. I learned a lot about service delivery.

The culture was mostly very friendly, although sometimes when there were layoffs thinks could get very unfriendly. The company was very loyal to the longtime employees, which made them also loyal to the company. It was common to meet people who had been with the company for 30 or 40 years. I don't think I will see that again.

Overall, this was a good comfortable, secure job with its ups and downs, The company stood by it's customers and employees and they did likewise.
Pros
Good loyalty, benefits and culture.
Cons
Pay raises did not always keep up with market.
Worked at DFAS
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
This was a job with the Department of Defense. I thoroughly enjoyed my job and made many friends there. My skills were in very high demand, and I was a valued member of the team. I worked on a couple of additional projects, and received an award for one of my projects.
Unisys is OK
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJuly 19, 2017
Overall, Unisys is a good company. Your success depends on what you put into it. The managers I have worked with are good. You do get help when you ask for it. The pay is fair but up to you to negotiate.
Pros
Reliable pay
Cons
few opportunities for advancement.
Productive Place to learn
JAVA/Mobile Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 18, 2017
Learned a lot from starting
Well management is good
Workplace Culture is Good
No Hardest part of job
First day at Job is enjoyable
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours

Want to know more about Unisys?

Ask a question
Production technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 18, 2017
Tested and debugged check processing equipment. Worked mostly afternoon shift. There were hard days equipment was difficult to fix, and days where I'd sail right through the process. It was an enjoyable job.
Pros
everything
Cons
union job so, lost job through seniority
Productive and Fun place
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 18, 2017
Very good professional work place to share and gain knowledge.Good management in balancing work between the members. Most enjoyable part of the job is having potlucks every month.
Very Technical Job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
A lot of repairs to do in this field so something to always keep you busy. Not a lot of room for advancement in career though. Good job to go from day to day though.
Pros
Freedom from a desk
Cons
Using your own car, Pay could of been better
utter garbage
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 17, 2017
unisys has never recovered from the 2008 recession. it has been consistently thinning out positions and reallocating work to the remaining employees for years while actually failing to provide raises to even meet inflation. every year you work for unisys you will get more work flow for essentially less money. depending on your position, a glass ceiling will be firmly resting on top of your head from the moment you are hired.
No Room to Grow
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 17, 2017
There is no room to grow at Unisys. You can put in 10 years to see if someone will quit and then battle the 50 other people who have been waiting for that spot. A typical day is fairly tame, just walking users through general troubleshooting of their local software and web-based portals.
Excellant Employer
Systems Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2017
Very helpful environment and stress free environment. Management was very helpful in all aspects of the job.It was a pleasure to work for this employer.
Nice balance work environment
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 16, 2017
Nice balance work environment cant go wrong working for Unisys. Balance culture, always something to learn new each day. Management is very good. It is a team environment.
The Place is Ok
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 16, 2017
I spend my days at a Client site and I am followed up very little by this company. The boss stops in once a month to talk to us about training and attendance but my job and performance as well as what I am supposed to do is given by the client. I also find that I am ignored when I ask the boss a question but the benefits are pretty good
Pros
Work in a great client site
Cons
Poor Communication from Unisys
Good Place to get experience but not a career company
Help desk Level 2 Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2017
I began working at Unisys in 2010 expecting to stay for a couple of years to get some needed experience in the IT field. I was there for nearly 7 years mostly because i really liked the company / account that i supported. For many of the years that i was there you were unable to transition from the Helpdesk role to a more technical role such as server administration or access and identity management due to being Unisys Technical Support as opposed to Unisys. This greatly limited the room for advancement in the company as a whole. Once hired if they want or need to change your work hours there is little consideration as to whether those changes work for the employee it's more of a take it or find another job kind of deal. In my opinion this could be done in a better way. Attrition rate is high. Management has little concern for the employee's and see things based on statistics and could do better by listening to employee needs and ideas which over the last couple of years has gotten better. Overall it's a call center job with a focus on Technical Helpdesk roles which is good for entry level iT experience. I did learn a lot in my time there in terms of troubleshooting techniques and troubleshooting a vast array of hardware , software, and network problems. At the end of the day the thing that i liked the most was fixing a complex problem for the end user that even I wasn't sure that I could fix.
Pros
Entry level experiance
Cons
limited room for growth
Good Corporate Structure
Service Delivery Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 12, 2017
Good company and contract to work on. Management invested in grooming workforce. Large contract with lots of growth opportunities and learning curve on IT operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unisys. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval