United Access is currently recruiting for an Entry Level Automotive Service Mechanic in the Dallas/Garland, TX market. We are the industry leader in providing products and services to people with disabilities to help them regain their independence by working to discover the appropriate applications to meet their needs. We specialize in the latest adaptive vehicles, driving systems, wheelchair lifts, scooter lifts, and high tech driving equipment.
Job requirements include
- Communicating with customers and coworkers in order to determine the assigned service.
- Diagnose, adjust and repair mechanical equipment and parts
- Diagnose, adjust and repair electrical systems
- Perform equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Inspect other work performed by other technicians
- Prepare and keep records related to repair, installation and maintenance work
- Keep work area and tools neat and organized in order to maintain job efficiency
- Work directly with customers in order to ensure functionality and comfort of equipment
Successful candidates will have:
- Related work experience, or a passion or hobby to repair vehicles
- Proficient in Welding as well as the understanding of electrical and electronics diagnostics
- Principles of electricity, sensor operation and actuator operation
- Ability to read, understand and apply information from service manuals
- Ability to observe and monitor equipment to determine compliance with safety standards
- Ability to read flow charts and schematics
- Good communication skills, be able to communicate efficiently with the customer
- Carry yourself in professional manor and appearance in front of the customer
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Self starter
- Career focused
No phone calls please.
Compensation is commensurate with work experience and qualifications