United Air Temp

United Air Temp Employer Reviews

------------
Service technician (Former Employee), Lorton, VAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: plenty of work
Cons: the pay was lousy
I had a great supervisor who had been in the trade for more than a decade. He was talented in being able to answer my calls in the field and explain the step by step process of diagnosing an issue I was unfamiliar with. It is a shame there are not many others like him at a senior level who have the will or ability to teach others who are new in the trade.
HVAC Tech first year
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: learned the industry, meet new people, got some experience
Cons: management wasn't to big on training, there also wasn't a real opportunity to advance.
I worked at United Air Temp for a little over one year. Typical day for me would be in Norcross by 7:45 to turn in paperwork. 8:00 we had our meeting, so around 8:45-9:00 we would get our first call and solve the problem. I learned the heating season as well as the cooling season and a little of installs. I just love going over to people house putting a smile on there face and fixing whatever problem they had. I love enteracting with people face to face.
Fun place to work good people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Erie, PADecember 5, 2012
Pros: bonuses
Cons: split shifts
I did sales and marketin for heating and cooling cold calling
Heating and Air Conditioning company.
Dispatch Representative (Former Employee), Lorton, VAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: company picnics, great pay/ bonuses, ok health benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Large call center for HVAC company. Dispatch calls to technicians, close out invoices, take customer phone calls, order parts. Place home warranty work orders. Call customers to schedule parts.

Learned about the heating and air conditioning field.

Hardest part of the job was that there was never any room for growth even after 4 years of employment there.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to really help someone with a dire need or issue.

Co-workers were great.

Management was great.
Nice enviroment for work among a team.
HVAC Universal Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 22, 2012
Pros: a professional team
Cons: expensive healh care
A place where i find a good team work with the colleagues and learn a lot of new procedures and gain experience, the most enjoyable part of my jobs was to installed AC units, and see a way to make the customer happy. i learned many ways and procedures to make my job more efficient and better, and share my knowledge with my co-workers.
A learning experience
Service Technician (Former Employee), Lorton, VAApril 11, 2012
Always learned something new. The management and co-workers were very helpful whenever they were need I learned how to do maintenance checks and repair hvac equipment.
High earning potential with steady growth
General Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAMarch 26, 2012
Pros: excellent salary, many benifits, little to no direct supervision
Cons: exclusion from corporate, many employees had to work split shifts, very little financial support
United Air Temp was more of a family than just a workplace. This was a fantastic opportunity that fostered talent where many other companies would not have given you a chance.The pay was excellent and was quota driven allowing you to really create your own rate of pay. They encouraged healty competition and an overall fun and exciting workplace.

Unfortunately the Corporate office decided to sell the PA Marketing office in 2011. I was offered the opportunity to purchase, however after completing my due diligence, I did not feel this was a lucrative investment.

Overall as a Company United Air Temp grew on average of 17% per annum as a direct result of our marketing efforts. They generally took care to retain their customers. They received many awards for their excellence and ethics. They also held an A rating with the BBB. Angie's List gave them outstanding reviews as well.

My biggest complaint was that all other management was in Virginia which left my office without any real support. As General Manager I was responsible for many additional duties that would normally be filled by specialized staff. In addition, we were also exculed from many Company perks as we were so far away.