United Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 1,051 reviews matching the search
several careers under one roof
Senior Analyst, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 30, 2016
this company provides the opportunity to work in many different capacities, different shifts, different locations, all while keeping your seniority and wonderful benefits
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
There was never a typical day at United Airlines everyday was different, because you never knew what was going to happen. It was always something going on which made it and exciting and adventures day at United. I learned some much at United Airlines from learning how to make a reservation, boarding a flight, meeting planes and most of all helping customers that either flight was cancel or they just missed their flight. The hardest thing about working for United or any airline is not having space on an aircraft to book a customer and the most enjoyable part of working for United was making an unhappy customer happy.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Canceled flights
production and enjoyable place to work with great cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 28, 2016
I enjoyed working with customers and settting up their reservatinos and processing contracts for major corporations.
Pros
vacation and sick pay
Cons
short breaks
Great Airline to work for
Regional Director Caribbean (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 27, 2016
Great leadership, diversity, culture, training, planning, management, global leading airline, fun place to work, great travel privileges, friendly user online web.
fun work place
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 26, 2016
It's a nice work play it can be really challenging sometimes with delays and cancel flights. But It is a fun place to work at
Great place to work, for those who love to travel.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2016
United is a great place to work, with multicultural environment and diversity, people are friendly in the most case, working together culture still not in place. Management still trying to implement this culture due to major merge between Continental and United. The working group don't feel that they have a voice, i believe that in a few more years United airlines will be a much better place to work than it is today.
A Unique Challenge
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 19, 2016
It's a good JOB (mind how I didn't say career) to have if you'd like to be more involved with the aviation industry. I was able to work with good people and see some pretty incredible things. The compensation, however, is almost sub-livable at the start, and the job requires relocation unless you're lucky enough to be based out of your home city. Do more research before applying
Pros
Travel, Good Work Environment, Aviation Work
Cons
Low Wages, Long Commutes, Long Hours
productive fast paced work enviorment
Lead Ramp Agent/operations (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 15, 2016
My enjoy my current position it is great,I like the staff and management, just looking for a career advancement. I enjoy learning and excelling.
Great job manual labor great conditioning
Ramp Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2016
A typical day @ United consisted of the timely loading and unloading of freight and customer baggage. I learned ontime departure and safety are critical in this industry. Management allowed leads and baggage handlers freedom to work unsupervised. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradary of the men and women in specific zones. Great working environment.
Pros
Free travel anywhere in the world, still.
Cons
During bad weather mandatory overtime....
Great career
Captain B777 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
A wonderful career but I want to continue flying in a rewarding job as air ambulance pilot.
Infirst flew for Continental until the merger with United which was a different culture.
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Hours
Loved it
Ramp Agent Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2016
Being a Ramp Agent lead was great. You are basiclly the voice of the managers, you kind of still have the same authority as a manager just not as muchh responsibilities and paper work. Great benefits, not a great job if you were in school. They care nothing about your outside life.
They did not stick to FAA rules!
Aviation Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2016
Mechanics would sign for work they did not do and nobody got fired for it! Most disrespectful place I have ever worked, nobody cared about keep passengers safe!
Pros
Cons
Broke all FAA rules fixing aircraft
constant physical movement
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2016
once i clock in i get my equipment ready for the day and get mentally prepared for anything to come, whether it be delay, mandatory overtime, weather conditions, as well as physically by stretching. We all tend help each other when needed. The hardest part would be not knowing what to expect equipment wise.
Cons
repetitive movements
Good job
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2016
Good job. okay benefits. good flight benefits. good pay, but in the most expensive locations. good chance for advancement. good coworkers. great learning experience
Pros
pay and flight benifits
Cons
medical benifits
they own you for very little pay
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los AngelesNovember 7, 2016
Travel is exciting at first but the pay is so low you cant live or enjoy layovers if you are new. Company is top heavy-Too many over paid managers who need to justify their existence and the Senior Flight Attendants run the Union that creates rules to serve only them because they are rightfully angry their pension was taken in the bankruptcy after they agreed to a pay cut to save the company on the condition they would keep their pension. the company was supposed to return the pension money when they made any profit but the top heavy management would vote themselves raises keeping the money for themselves. The new hires have taken the brunt of this in pay, scheduling, and union protection.
Pros
layovers in decent hotels
Cons
hard, negative, environment very low pay-sleeping w/phone on chest
career at UAL
Airline Pilot/Copilot/Flight Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2016
Great company, really enjoyed the people I worked with. Open, friendly management. Never had an issue that wasn't taken seriously and or resolved successfully.
Pros
Career path, opportunity, flexibility, autonomy, empowerment.
Cons
long periods away from family and friends.
I wolud like for Mentors to train traniees more and complete all the paperwork as required.
Transportation Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2016
I love the great opportunities that the company have to offer to al employees.I wish that Mangement would work together more in all departments. It would be nice if Mangement would communicatexpect more withours employees more.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Company not making sure Mangement, follow company policy and procedures
only a contractor
Junior Enterprise Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 2, 2016
I'm only a contractor and I can't give a full debriefing of the corporate structure when I deal with a recruiting company. Maybe at another time if I get hired I will provide a detailed summary.
Pros
Laid back culture
Cons
long slog periods
Productive enviorment
Cargo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 1, 2016
Fast paced and energetic. Focused on results not the problem

Management would on occasion be hands on to work on process improvement

Team members all collaborate and exchange information making for quick turn around time

Hardest part of the job is rework

The most enjoyable is the finished product
The Glamor Job
Flight Attendant/Purser (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2016
A typical day as a Flight Attendant started at briefing. Briefing occurred to relay information about The Flight as well as assigning jobs and talking about any special things onboard The Aircraft.
I learned that I can deal with anyone but you must find their motivation and listen for it. I loved working with management and I loved my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with people who appeared intoxicated and were rude and when appearing drunk seemed brain dead. The most enjoyable part of my job was to serve and meet my guests,!!!
Pros
Free flights, traveling on stand by.
Cons
Long Days, Jet Lag