United Airlines

United Airlines Employee Reviews

productive, good company
Ramp Serviceman (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJuly 3, 2015
its been ups and downs in the company but at the end of the day, everybody stick together as a team. i like working with the prople thats been in the company for at least 10 years.
Seek fun get rewarding career.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Travel Benefits
Cons: Sometimes days turn into much longer days than anticipated
I am among those who love what they do and look forward to going to work. I cannot imagine a job that is not enjoyable and rewarding.

My co workers are like family and we all enjoy the love of travel and meeting new people and experiencing new cultures and interest. We explore these things together on layovers as well as on our days off.

The hardest part of my job is the unfortunate and inevitable parts of travel and they are delays and cancellation of flights. This is were flexibility and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to run a successful operation is needed. Often time this requires long and challenging days.

The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling around the world, experiencing new cultures and meeting new people.
Great place to work & meet new people
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flying
Cons: None
• Unload and stock incoming material from vendors.
• Other responsibilities include: Handling and organizing all materials to minimize damage, safely and neatly maintaining storage areas.
• Safely and accurately calculate, build and assemble customer orders to prepare them for delivery, inner-yard transfer or customer pick-up.
• Carefully load materials to shipping areas.
Great Airlines
Customer Service Engineer (consultant) (Former Employee), EWRJune 22, 2015
Recommended to anyone who likes working close with direct customer contact.Rotating shifts.Fast environment at times.
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant /Lead Purser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: Guest interaction, Free Travel, Excellent Benefits, seeing the World
A Truly Wonderful Company to work for,I enjoyed my career at United Airlines very much and will carry the outstanding experience with me as I embark upon New Adventures!
Learning experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Pros: working in two different departments
Cons: Having to say good bye after the assignment was over
It was a pleasure to work with the employees and solving all issue's with hours on paychecks and vacation. Learn two kinds of accounts payable s and payroll call center. The team work was awesome. The hardest part of the job was to say good bye after the assignment was over after a year.
Great new experiences
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2015
Great Company to work for I wish they had bases in the DWF area. Enjoy talking with all types of people .My coworkers are fun and friendly.
The Merger was the worst that could happen
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2015
Pros: Free air travel
Cons: outsourcing
I started as a Continental Airline employee. The company went into some financial challenges shortly after i started, but a new CEO brought the company back to its glory. It was a wonderful work environment. That was great for a little over 20 years, Then the unions pushed their way into the company. Things got a bit less wonderful. Then came a merger with United. With their union. Union battles ensued. Things went downhill fast, and United decided the best way to handle this was to outsource most markets.
Goodbye customer service. Hello cheap labor. Their is no point in reviewing, because if you want a job working for United, you should probably just find out who they outsourced with and apply there.
Courier
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJune 9, 2015
Collected the program of pick-up points and delivery addresses.
Planned routes and sorted packages into order of dropping-off points.
Signed for packages and took signatures at the time of delivery.
Defined the quickest route to delivery addresses.
Kept official procedure and delivery records up to date.
Very engaging, and constant human interaction relating tp customer service
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Queens. NYJune 6, 2015
Pros: Free travel, the best medical coverage, and opportunity to advance within the company
Cons: Sometime long and stressful days. And theres always a chance of witnessing dangerous events.
I love what I do for a living. I love being able to help customers in times of stress, working, and especially for relaxation and special occasions. There will also be times that weather of mechanical issues may not favor the customer, but my job is to make that experience tolerable. Many times just a smile can change a bad situation into a memorable experience,
Not Applicable
Retired International Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2015
Pros: Community involvement and seeing the growth and development of the youth.
Cons: Too many meetings
A typical day would consist of phone calls to those who were unable to attend church do to health reasons. Research for the Pastor, setting up the Sunday morning programs, assigning Associate Ministers assignments, visiting hospital, prisons, meditation and study.
I learned that a "title" is what you do and not who you are, hence the importance of listening to people. Hear their problem and concerns, yet always seek a solution.
The most challenging part of this job was working with people who insisted on doing things the same as it was done years and years ago.
The most rewarding part of this job was witnessing the "Ah Ha moments of the youth and young adults. Coordinating events that included the community such as; Community Thanksgiving Dinner, cookouts and games we played on the church grounds inviting the community to attend. Watching the children grow and display their creativity in skits, plays, musicals, and talent shows. Always with community involvement.
United Airlines is good for benifits
Lead Stores Warehousing and Distribution (Current Employee), Dulles, VAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Travel, health care
Cons: Budget crunches
Its a good mid level job with better benefits than most other companies. I have worked with the company for many years now and though its been rough the benefits are worth it.
Very difficult to top the work environment
Flight Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Could be very stressful at times
A typical day at work is difficult to evaluate for every day was different,,being proactive and ahead of the game foreseeing any issues that may arise.
Management was very supportive and knowledgeable .
Worked with most of my co-workers for over 20yrs a family away from home.
Being a Flight Operation Coordinator if you don't get a handle on a potential problem, thinks could be very stressful...
Working with your co-workers no matter how bad the situation got we all hanged in there and supported each other.
traveling
Operational Manager of customer service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: stress
It was the best moment of my life working at the largest airline of the world, the work experience i received made me a great leader and manager.
Productive and worked well as a team
Airport Sales Agent (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2015
Working with the customers. Some days were more hectic than others, depending on the weather or mechanical delays. We always worked as a team, helped out if someone needed help, and we were a big family. The hardest was when we couldn't get the passenger to their destination on-time or the next day. But I always tried to make them happy so they would return to our airline. I always go above and beyond to help my customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers, the passengers, and helping our military and veterans. Our management was encouraging when we were having a rough day and you could talk to them about anything and they would help in anyway possible.
challenging environment, friendly co-workers, good place to work if you enjoy travel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 23, 2015
Pros: unlimited travel, great co-workers, benefits
Cons: stressful environment, often understaffed
Challenging work environment allowing you to utilize your customer service skills and the opportunity interact with diverse customers. Everyday was different....
25 Years with United for nothing
Service Director, Station Trainer, Safety Advocate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2015
The CEO at United has no appreciation for the employees or the families that have been loyal to the company for most of their lives. A profit of billions of dollars was not enough. He decided that they could profit even more by letting go of their employees, and contracting out all of their jobs. While those families suffer loss of jobs and benefits, he now stands to profit more. Billions of dollars just wasn't enough. Who wants to work for a company that doesn't even care about the well-being of the people who bust their backs every day to make it happen?
It was a great place to work before the merger after that NO!
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: job is gone
Zero job security my job was outsorced after 16 ! They are now just your average or below average airline! Working outside will beat you up after a few years
working for an airline
Reservation Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2015
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: long hours
a typical day working for an airline call center is handling mass amounts of calls from people all over the world trying to book air travel. What I learned is how to communicate and listen. I had the best co-workers ever it was always fun to come to work we made it that way. the hardest part of the job for me was 9/11 and the most enjoyable part of the job was the travel benefits
flexable job
RAMPSERVICE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
Pros: fly for free, discounted tickets for family and friends. very simple job. hard to get fired from this job
Cons: weather conditions, lack of help when needed, can be very boaring at times.
never work in the same area. always new things to learn, and also great flying benifits. also job has great raises, at least $1.00 a year or more.

1 2 3 4 5

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Salaries