United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

Self-directed, high-performing role/team, with revenue generating priorities
Partner Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Autonoumous within my role. Flight benefits. Revenue generating, external relationships
Cons: Limited opportunity for growth within the team, supporting company's non-core business means limited visibility.
On the Partner Team we work hard and deliver to our revenue goals in a competitive, but respectful environment.
Day-to-day, the bulk of my interactions are external; I focus my efforts on making sure our partners give us best-in-market offers and creative marketing opportunities that help me deliver above my goals.

I am constantly fighting for priority in a role that delivers revenue, but not in our company's core business. It requires me to be a creative relationship manager both internally and externally.
Best in its Class
Senior Staff Training Specialist (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILMarch 27, 2015
Best in its class. Area is best place to work, live and raise a family. Low property taxes. Top notch schools. Great entertainment district.
enjoy seeing people
Customer service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
as me being a people person i really enjoued the amount of time that was spent here in the ohare airport. The help that i provided was amazing and i can say that i enjoy the smiles from that.
I loved this job.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
I found the job very challenging and rewarding. I only left because my husband accepted a transfer to another location.
customer sales represenative (Current Employee), iahMarch 23, 2015
working for united is wonderful. i enjoy working with and meeting different people everyday. i love the flying benefits and i love the work area
LEAD/CUSTOMER SERVICES
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good company., flexible schedule
Cons: commuting getting really hard, from orlando to virginia
IT IS A GREAT EXPERIENCE WORK FOR UNITED AIRLINES WORKING WITH ALL DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS, OPEN IN THE MORNING IS EVERYDAY A CHALLENGE.WORKING WITH EXCELENT MANAGERS .DIFFERENT SUPERVISORS,AFTER THE MERGE WITH CONTINENTAL WE HAD ALL DIFFERENT EMPLOYEES CAME FROM ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY
I M FELING PROUD OF MY SELF EVERY EMPLOYEE MISS ME WHEN I M NOT AT WORK ,THEY ARE CALLING ME FOR ASNWER ABOUT THE JOB...
great benefits
Customer Service Sales Rep/Service Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2015
Especially if you are single and without kids this is a great job. get paid and see the world. really fun place to work every day is interesting. tons of opportunity to advance
This was a great place to work at one time.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), ChicagoMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: working too many hours to get an hour worth of pay.
I am part of the Continental group that is being merged into United Airlines and this is a very different place to work now.
I think this could change, however the merging of the two cultures is not going very well.
Used to be a great place to work
Senior Staff Rep (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 15, 2015
Haven't worked at United since the merger with Continental so not sure what things are like today. My personal experience, prior to that, is that it was a great environment with wonderful people. Given the cyclical nature of the airline business it isn't for the faint of heart.
great company to work for
Ramp Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: overtime was always availabe
Cons: big company layoff
this company provided great benefits like profit sharing and nice salary, overtime was always available, schedule worked well with life style.
productive and informative work place
Pax Agent (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2015
A fun learning environment,great customer service, very flexible and reliable company, great benefits. Good atmosphere and friendly faces.
enjoyable
Gate Agent (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 8, 2015
Load/unload cargo, direct plane in and out, and clean aircraft.I learned how to be on time and precise with everything assuring that everything was good. They was cool and funny. Waking up early morning. Being able to ride free.
United Airlines needs new management
Director, Compensation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
United Airlines has the ability to be a great place to work, but the morale is extremely low, and the management team only cares about themselves and saving their own jobs.
A fast paced enviroment with a on time based results goal
SUPERVISOR - AIRPORT OPERATIONS HOUSTON TEXAS (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: very good working enviroment to work in with other like minded people.
Cons: fast pace left little time for breaks, accomplish everything on your agenda.
A typical day at work was invigorating. From the time I arrived, until the time I left. my goal was to make sure agents were following
protocol and updated on the latest focus points for the day. The job also consisted of staffing agents at the gates when flights arrived. The airline business is a fast paced operation that prides itself on being on time no mater what obstacles are in the way on an average day,
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: working alomost all of the holidays
Loved the diversity of this job and meeting new people every day. I enjoyed multi-tasking and helping people. I liked building long term relationships with the passengers and getting to work with and help people from all different walks of life.
ramp agent MIA
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: job security/ no benefits/
This is a temporary position after may 17/2015 you will be working with a contractor no benefits at all. wallmart is better than this temporay position with united.
its a job
marshal and push planes insure (Current Employee), san fransicoFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: career free flights benefits
Cons: manangement pay
I work 10 hr days at times work is hard but its very easy job to do and you can urn this from a job into a career. get to work and see new planes narrow ones like the new 737-900 all the way up to the mother of them all 747
frustrating job
Supervisor of Reservations (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free flights anywhere
Cons: tough job
was hard to make people happy when all their plans were ruined by weather or delays or mechanical problems. This job stared at minimum wage.
Experiencing the world through different cultures
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, travel, meeting new people
Cons: long hours, no routine schedules
My job allows me to meet and experience other cultures and traditions. I meet new people everyday.
I have learned how different personalities require different approaches. I have learned that people have different needs and wants that in the hospitality industry, one must work to exceed.
I enjoy the freedom my job has to offer to me and enjoy working with different people everyday.
You work long hours everyday, and it can be daunting at times but to be able to make a difference in someone's day during stressful times can be truly rewarding.
Average Large Airline.
Captain (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: average benefits.
Cons: employees not treated with respect.
Management does not adhere to in place worker contracts, arbitrary
interpretation of work rules including Federal Air Regulations, etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos