United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

its a job
marshal and push planes insure (Current Employee), san fransicoFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: career free flights benefits
Cons: manangement pay
I work 10 hr days at times work is hard but its very easy job to do and you can urn this from a job into a career. get to work and see new planes narrow ones like the new 737-900 all the way up to the mother of them all 747
frustrating job
Supervisor of Reservations (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free flights anywhere
Cons: tough job
was hard to make people happy when all their plans were ruined by weather or delays or mechanical problems. This job stared at minimum wage.
Experiencing the world through different cultures
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, travel, meeting new people
Cons: long hours, no routine schedules
My job allows me to meet and experience other cultures and traditions. I meet new people everyday.
I have learned how different personalities require different approaches. I have learned that people have different needs and wants that in the hospitality industry, one must work to exceed.
I enjoy the freedom my job has to offer to me and enjoy working with different people everyday.
You work long hours everyday, and it can be daunting at times but to be able to make a difference in someone's day during stressful times can be truly rewarding.
Average Large Airline.
Captain (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: average benefits.
Cons: employees not treated with respect.
Management does not adhere to in place worker contracts, arbitrary
interpretation of work rules including Federal Air Regulations, etc.
Fun to work, Leaned many deffrent ways and travel benefit
Flight Attendant/ Interpreter (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flying benefit.
Cons: different time zone
* I learned how to deal with when emergency become necessary, safety, medical emergency situation to save peoples live even
how to utilize AED, CPR and medical equipment.

* I had good relationship with management.

* Most of co-workers work well and good relationship with.

* The most hard part of this job is Jet Leg and starting the day is
different time sometimes red eye flight or 4AM.

* You can fly to different country to shopping, explore.
Challenging and fast paced environment
Staffing Coordinator - Team Leader (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the benefits
Cons: arriving at work at 4:00am
The best part of the company was the employees and management who worked together with a common goal to provide on time and excellent customer service.
fun job, great travel
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: away from my family too often
typically worked about 10 hour days, interacting with customers and fellow employees, providing safety and a nice atmosphere with excellent customer service. i learned how to work with different personalities and cultures, how to remain calm and assuring during stressful situations and how to efficiently multi task and use time management. had a great management team in seattle, and enjoyed coming to work and seeing my co-workers. dealing with aircraft safety issues and medical situations were most stressful and difficult of situations. i liked traveling to new cities and countries to see what this world has to offer.
Company culture going through metamorphis.
ESC Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: you get to fly at a discount.
Cons: the attitude of the older workforce.
This could be a typical, laid back office environment but the lack of training, leadership skills, negative views from older employees, and the merging of two companies makes the office stressful.
good workplace
investigative Use Vendor Support (Former Employee), Township of Elk Grove, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Very good employer, good atmospher, many nice emploees. Nice package of benefits, good salary. Nice, professional management, possibility of learning and skils.
Office employees have a chance to do working exercise on breaktime
CORPORATE VOLUME AUDITOR (Former Employee), Wood Dale, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flying benefits by seniority
Cons: low seniority will make you wait for your turn to board forever
Flying benefit is very inviting and exciting. It's a company where workers/employees are from different nationality/race working harmoniously.
Structured work environment
Reservation Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2015
Working within airline and federal standards, helped to resolve problems with customers while recognizing additional sale opportunities. Maintained monthly revenue quotas under a company and system wide expectation. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact with diverse clientele and coworkers, making a difference with individual customers, and flight benefits.
Bad management, abandonment of CLE Hopkins
Technical Field Services Engineer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 12, 2015
United airlines management took over Continental and completely destroyed employee morale. Low pay, low advancement opportunities.
Architect/Lead .Net Developer
Computer programmer (Current Employee), chicagoFebruary 12, 2015
 Analysis & Design: Understanding the project functionality.
 Designing the classes and preparing the lower level document (LLD).
 Creating prototypes/POC for new initiatives.
 Involve in development using C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2008, JavaScript, JQuery, XML, XSLT and AJAX technologies as per United Airlines standard.
 Develop common service layer using Windows communication foundation (WCF) with REST technology.
 Design and developed Graphical user interfaces.
 Offshore coordination to work with the clients and business users to understand the requirements, analyse and create requirement specifications.
 Designing the classes, user controls and pages.
 Performing internal code review.
 Analysing the production issues & fixing it
 Testing WCF & Web Service request payload in different environments.
 Test plan and Test cases preparation.
 Testing in UAT and Production environment.
 Deployment of code in UAT & Production environments.
 Involved in the support initiatives during production releases.
 Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server for version control
Recalled to UAL
Line Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dulles, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: $, very good, work was great.
Cons: wish they were more open to helping the called back folks.
After 911 I was furloughed for 11 years. When recalled to UAL Dulles Va. found the management was no longer United. With all that said, the commuting was not fun and decided to retire early and get back home to Indianapolis to be with disabled wife. I think I made the right choose over all. Very hard to so far from home when needed to support family.
Great company to work for.
Lead Rampserviceman (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: hurry up and wait for a flight
Cons: hurry up and wait for a flight
Get to work. Look over the manpower and schedule work areas for workers. Go out to the gates and set up and check equipment for the days flights. Get our flight information and schedules. Load our first flights and get them out on time safley. Flight come in about every 45 mins. So as soon as we get one done. The next one came in. Unload bags and cargo and deliver bags, come back and load aircraft for the out bound.
Learned how to deal with a wide range of personalities.
The weather i would say was at times the hardest part of the job and
also the best.
I liked my job very much I liked the department I assisted.
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i get free travel.
Cons: we lost our pension.
My work experience at United Airlines in the Airframe Overhaul Maintenance Base with the Quality Control Inspection Department was very productive, and fun with my staff who I assisted, one director, 6 supervisors and the inspectors team. I liked what I did.
Great people to work with, terrible management
Ramp Serviceperson (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay, great benefits.
Cons: physically arduous work, missed several family functions and holidays.
United was a wonderful place to work when I started, but towards the end they were cutting corners and management forgot how to care for their employees. The people I worked with were all honest and hard working, and most of them would go out of their way to help anyone else on the job.

Teamwork is what gave United a family atmosphere, and although the work was hard, everyone pulling their fare share helped make it easier. Cross-departmental cooperation was key and a necessity in order to keep the airline moving on a daily basis. The schedule was dynamic and no two days were ever the same.

I enjoyed working outdoors in all kinds of weather and during my time there I worked multiple shifts. Being a 24/7 operation, one has to expect to be working when others are not, especially family. The job is very physically demanding and injuries were not uncommon, especially as the work force aged. Strains and sprains were the most common, but occasionally someone would really get hurt. Towards the end of my time there, management's attitude also weighed heavily on everybody, which also led to more injuries as people started to lose their focus.
pretty horrible
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), San FranciscoFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: horrible company, horrible pay, no life balance
horrible working condition, you will work 60 hours a week and get paid for 20 and that is not an exaggeration. They can get away with it because the airlines work under the railways act... Its great after you have been there for 20-30 years because you can do whatever you want and work whenever you want.
Was a great place to work for the most part
Station Training Coordinator, Service Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: unlimited travel benefits
Cons: super stressful
Typical day at work varied between fun and exciting to knock down drag out beat depending on if flights came and left on time or days of cancellations and delays
I learned how to work with people from all parts of the world and of all cultures. I enjoyed learning about the different cultures of the world.

Management during the 70's and 80's were like family, 90's like stepparents, 9/11 came crashing down.
Co-workers were the highlight of the day.. some amusing, some were a piece of work, mostly like siblings, much fun, much understanding required.
Hardest part of job was job loss by furlough and cutbacks and especially the current outsourcing.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know such a variety of people and our break room discussions of topics of everything from soup to nuts.
Even after a tough flight (oversold, delayed or cancelled) even those that would leave and come back as a mechanical, we as a group would rebound, decompress, joke, and face the music all over again.. also got to meet stars and dignitaries from all over the world, I once had the pleasure of talking to and assisting Jackie Kennedy Onassis during the holidays as she was going to NY. I"ll never forget that.
Working for the New United
Corporate Card Auditor & Support Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free flying privileges
A typical day at work:
Everyone is 100% committed to working 9 to 5.

What I learned: The real life of Aviation.

Management is: Authentic, Kind, Gentle, Supportive and Loyal to their subordinates.

Co-Workers are: 100% committed to working. Co-workers were kind, gentle, supportive and loyal to everyone they came in contact with.

The hardest part of the job:Not being able to utilize flying privileges very often.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Providing on-going support to the Pilots.

1 2 3 4 5