United Airlines Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
United Airlines
Customer Svc Solutions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2017
I have worked at United Airlines for over 30 years at various positions. I currently work in Network Operations or the central nervous system of the company. This office is open 24/7 365 days a year. There are various work groups. Some are management and some are union. In my area there are 3 shifts 0600-1430, 1400-2230, and 2200-0630. The overlap allows for turnover from the outgoing to the incoming. Although I am not a fan of commuting from the suburbs to downtown Chicago, I do like Willis Tower.
It just depends
Pilot Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2017
I work a shift job in Scheduling for pilots. Obviously, since this is an airline, it makes sense that pilots get the most attention and have the cushiest set up (though the way some of them talk you wouldn't know it.) However, if you are not a pilot or an Executive, the company doesn't have much regard for you or your job.

Since my position is shift work, there is some good flexibility with your schedule making it pretty easy to take full advantage of the flight benefits. The 401K matching is great, and there are a lot of other benefits that make putting up with the terrible management worth it.

If you can deal with tyrannical, lazy, and ignorant management and would love a job that you don't have to worry about when you go home, this is a great gig.
Pros
Flight benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible management, monotonous work
exciting place to work
Direct Marketing Senior Staff Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 22, 2017
United was a fun place to work. very corporate, but big budgets so lots of opportunity to work on fun projects. flight benefits are nice to have, but not as easy to use as most people think.
good place to work
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
A very good experience working with united airlines, a friendly environment to work with. A good team of mine where i got to learn new technical stuff.
Pros
free food
Cons
etc.
fun place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 21, 2017
great co-workers. Very demanding and challenging work schedules. you will get paid well but have to sacrifice family life and have to relocate to iad.
Excellent work environment
Chelsea Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 20, 2017
Excellent work environment good teamwork fast pace work environment I've learned a lot from the company. As a transportation driver. Carrier cargo aircraft to aircraft as asign
structured large company
Managing Director - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Dealing with customers both internal and external. Staffing and Management meetings. Human Resource interface. Operational daily metrics. Complaints. KPI analysis.
Pros
fun people.
Cons
cultural fluidity
I would go back in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. Great people, great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  SanFrancisco, CASeptember 16, 2017
I really enjoyed the fast paced passenger service job. It was a sharp learning curve, and I loved interacting with the travelling public. It was difficult to appease certain situations and rebook, but my supe's were always there to help. I was very sad to have to leave.
Pros
many, benefits, supervisors, public contact, amount of overtime available
Cons
None for me.
Largest International Airline
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Worked in multiple setting for the Airline....HUB operation...large and small line stations....Load planning for flights.....ticket counter, gate, and Ramp positions.....
Pros
free travel
Cons
timed operations on turns of flights...
Fast Pace,
Ticket Agent/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed what i would do, cause I never was in the same Area

Was always open for OT,

Management/Union not so good

Hard part sometimes deal with the customer and they do things to you
Pros
Overtime/salery
Cons
Vacation time

Want to know more about United Airlines?

Ask a question
Great Airline
Sr. Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I stand by United Airlines 100% and will continue to do so as long as I work here and see that this company does indeed care about it's employees and staff
good benefits
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
great benefits, job security, every day is different. Great opportunity to connect with many cultures. Sadly the 1st 6yrs is really hard because you'll be away from home a lot and the pay is not great specially if you have debt. Without debt and no responsibility is a amazing job to have.
Exceptional place to work with many benefits.
Captain B-787 LCA/TRI/TRE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Large company with many opportunities for advancement. Very good corporate communication. Strong Union presence involved in all decisions with Flight Operations. Very competitive selection process. Once hired, prospects for a long rewarding career are very bright.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits. High paced work environment.
Cons
Silo mentality between departments in Flight Operations
I got to talk with and meet very interesting people
Reservations Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2017
From the day I started working there until almost my last day there amazing things did happen. I got to talk to musicians, television stars, record executives, a lot of different people. They all seemed impressed by my knowledge and how well I did my job. I was actually offered jobs several times when I worked for this company. Had September 11,2001 not happened I might have worked for this company for a long time.
Fast paced, fun environment
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
United is a good company going through some changes with the merger.
Once all contract negotiations are through, I'm sure it will make for very happy employees.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Long days
not happy
Food Prep for Airline Carts (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2017
I was not happy with how HR treated me and didn't help out when I needed the help with some questions I had and HR treated me as an number not a employee
Great Company
Customer Service Representative/Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 8, 2017
I loved working at United! It is a great company with great values and I enjoyed my time. The perks of the job are great as well. I love traveling so its a perfect job for me.
Great benefits
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2017
The best company I have ever worked for. There were so many benefits I couldn't even remember all of them, but most importantly were the hours and their flexibility of schedule. Very friendly people! The simplest way to put it is you are treated better than the customers.
Pros
Flight benefits, health benefits, hours, fun working environment
Cons
strict attendance policies for new employees.
Productive place to work enjoyed working with the customers.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2017
Fun workplace I really enjoyed working for United Airlines. Would love to work there again. Management team was very friendly and helpful. The other employee were also friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
Need to hire more staff
productive, organized, relaxed, consistence, great attitude, growth.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Worked in fast paced industry, that required maximum effort and organization during peak loads. Good attendance was a must. Willing to work when other employees could not fill the next shift was important to all my superiors.
Pros
on call for people who missed their shift.
Cons
Stuck in same position for years/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval