United Allergy Services Employee Reviews

Cas
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 13, 2017
This is a great place to work if you're in the health field and just out of college. The pay is decent and the managers are very nice and want you to succeed. You're working on your own and you aren't micro-managed so you have to be self motivated. It's an allergy clinic that works alongside a physician's office, so the work environment depends on the people who work at the physician's office. They do a lot of drawings for gift cards and other little bonuses like that. It really is a great company, but I am just bored only seeing one or two patients a day.
Pros
Paid time off, paid holidays, good managers, lots of flexibility
Cons
slow paced
Managing an Allergy Lab within a physcians office
Senior Certified Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2017
This is a good place to work for entry level personnel. There is room for growth but can be limited depending on location. Can be fast paced and then slow at times as the seasons change for the allergy suffers.
Good out of college job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2017
I learned a lot from this company. It allowed me to gain experience in inside and outside sales. Lots of experience with patients and physicians. Pay could be better/
Company is Growing
CAS (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
United Allergy Services is a growing company. The company is improving each year as it was started up less than 10 years ago. Each year has gotten better.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 24, 2017
Productive- a good learning experience.
Must be willing to work independantly
Company overall is balanced
Not a lot of room to excel in your career in this company
United Allergy Services is a good entry level place to work
Senior Clinical Allergy Specialist/Floater (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2017
United Allergy Services is great place to work. They give their employees great & great benefits. The management style could improve, but it is overall a great place to work.
Great way to earn experience and build resume
Allergy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 13, 2017
This job is a great way to gain new skills and build your resume. You run the allergy clinic on your own from scheduling to inventory. If the providers are hands on then it's great if not , then it's not so great. I really enjoyed working there until the micro managing began. They're constantly emailing to get your numbers up. They don't understand that people are not robots and WILL sometimes still not show up even though they've confirmed an appointment. Calling out due to sickness is hard since there is no floater. I had surgery and was supposed to be out for a week. They pushed me to come in sooner because, they had no coverage. They QA you. Which is when they observe to make sure you follow the "checklist " on how a certain type of appointment goes. If you do one step before the other (I.e mark numbers on skin after placement of the testers vs. before, or forgetting to highlight something on a sheet) you get enough points taken off that you're out coded as "yellow". The manager I had ,Jennifer was great! I haven't to many good things about the new one ,Jill.
Pros
Pay, accruing of new skills
Cons
No floater, micro management
Great opportunity for clinical experience
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
This company gives on the job training and will give you excellent opportunity for clinical experience. For those looking for experience with treating patients, communicating with clinic staff and learning about allergies. However, the job security is not great. Many times, people are let go due to the company updating their staff requirements.
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Job Security at upper levels
Highly Bureaucratic
Clinical Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2017
I have enjoyed working in fast-paced growing company. I have been with the company long enough to see the benefits of networking and how favoritism plays a role in your advancement
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
lack of leadership and constant restructuring within the company
Growing company
CAS (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Very passionate company promoting allergy awareness. The hardest part of the job is communicating with the providers, and learning how to provide excellent allergy awareness to everyone.
Good entry level business experience into healthcare
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 24, 2017
Dont let the title of Allergy Specialist fool you. This job is 90% business and sales and 10% doing patient care. Pay was alright when I started but has only gotten worse. Benefits also have gotten worse. The company nickel and dimes all over the place and doesnt like to entertain the idea of having a backup floatstaff to cover employees for PTO time anymore. The number of vertical advancement positions is also super limited for such a large company. Overall, a good company to get experience with, a bad company to stay with and to try to grow a career.

Typical day: Go into work, greet office staff, set up lab for the day, and check schedule. Throughout the day you either see patients or are calling patients using screening sheets to try to get them into the office. When you see patients you basically have to sell your services to them which struck an ethical string with me as its healthcare services for their body... not a car shop.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
below avg benefits, no 401k matching, poor leadership skills of management
not bad
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJanuary 23, 2017
again not bad, good job. I don't have time to write a review, it's a job they treat you well and the perks are worth it. Plus they offer benefits and a 401K
Allergy Specialist
Certified Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Everyday is different, it is exciting to see what each patient reacts to, be able to make their medications and then watch them improve from taking the medications you made. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Quick to change
Lab Technician & QI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 14, 2016
This company is great overall but is quick to change policies and quick to down size without any heads up to the employees. While you are employed they are very empowering however, which makes for an awesome job while it lasts.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Quick to fire
Good people, difficulties with operations
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2016
Good people. Complicated billing for customers and bad business practices per MD not hiring experienced billing people which often causes customers to get behind in payments. UAS closed numerous states and clinics that werent paying their bills on time. This caused a lot of discourse with current and potential customers.
Pros
Manager
Cons
No company car, no mileage, no raise
Scam of a sales position
Clinical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 16, 2016
This place was filled with non-medical people making medical decisions and taking advantage of those illiterate in health insurance protocol.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers are bullies, quantity over quality
Great starter job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This is great starter job. It advertises as a job where you will need a science background. While at some points it is necessary, in very little amount, a sales background would be better. On the job training is provided through job shadowing and 1 week of paid training. Pay is great starting out. Quarterly reviews, incentives and yearly raises are nice as well.
Pros
no micromanaging, paid traveling, vacation days given upfront
No job security! Do yourself a favor and keep looking!
CAS- Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 26, 2015
I worked with United Allergy for over two years as a CAS. I went to work one day and I was locked out of every computer program needed to perform my duties. I called Tech Services left 5 messages and nothing... finally called my Account Manager and she informed me that I along with the entire state of FL had been laid off. I was instructed to leave my patients in the lobby who had appointments and go home.This company pulled out of several states and let go of hundreds of employees with NO NOTICE to employees or physicians. Prior they took away our paid healthcare and got rid of our cash bonuses. Management is constantly changing. No patient care what so ever! How could you ask employees to leave physicians high and dry with no consideration to their waiting patients? The doctors involved with this company think they're an absolute joke and are looking into legal action.
Pros
None, this company is going under
Cons
No job security, constant changes in managment, and no room for growth.
Growing compnay
Regional Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2015
Good growing company that offers great healthcare experience and other areas of growth. An opportunity at working with patients directly and working with physicians.
Really Glad I Don't Work Here Anymore
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 7, 2015
A large portion of the company was laid off without any notice. I heard I was laid off through word of mouth. I tried to call HR to get to the bottom of it, but they wouldn't put me through to anyone. Managers never on the same page, and you never see anyone as you work remotely. The whole idea of selling allergy shots to people who don't really need it isn't a great business design anyway. They try to make it sound like you are helping people, when really you're a salesperson with a sugar-coated job title. Don't do it. There has to be something better out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Allergy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5