United Allergy Services Employee Reviews

Great starter job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This is great starter job. It advertises as a job where you will need a science background. While at some points it is necessary, in very little amount, a sales background would be better. On the job training is provided through job shadowing and 1 week of paid training. Pay is great starting out. Quarterly reviews, incentives and yearly raises are nice as well.
Pros
no micromanaging, paid traveling, vacation days given upfront
Enjoyable place to work, helping people
AREA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Requires a lot of traveling to client offices to ensure proper communication and daily functions are running smoothly. Train new and existing Clinical lab specialist on protocols and customer service and provide continual assistance in all areas. Test patients for specific allergies. Create a customized treatment plan for patients.
Pros
Strengthen and build relationships with Medical Professionals, supervise and train a handful of employees
Cons
travel using personal vehicle and no proper compensation for usage/milage
No job security! Do yourself a favor and keep looking!
CAS- Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 26, 2015
I worked with United Allergy for over two years as a CAS. I went to work one day and I was locked out of every computer program needed to perform my duties. I called Tech Services left 5 messages and nothing... finally called my Account Manager and she informed me that I along with the entire state of FL had been laid off. I was instructed to leave my patients in the lobby who had appointments and go home.This company pulled out of several states and let go of hundreds of employees with NO NOTICE to employees or physicians. Prior they took away our paid healthcare and got rid of our cash bonuses. Management is constantly changing. No patient care what so ever! How could you ask employees to leave physicians high and dry with no consideration to their waiting patients? The doctors involved with this company think they're an absolute joke and are looking into legal action.
Pros
None, this company is going under
Cons
No job security, constant changes in managment, and no room for growth.
Disappointed - Don't work here
CAS (Current Employee) –  dallasApril 24, 2015
The job in itself is very boring. You do obtain lab and clinical work, however, it is very slow and you can pretty much watch movies all day long because you essentially don't have a supervisor on site.
My boss who travels to different clinics is a tad unprofessional, isn't always honest, inconsistent and pretty gossipy (and judgmental) for being a supervisor. If you have a question for human resources, they are very vague and unhelpful. Overall, they hire you in at 15 dollars an hour and that is what is most appealing about the position compared to other similar positions. Other that this is not a job I would suggest to a friend or sibling to apply to.
Lastly, I have a friend that was just asked to leave for "appearing to be not engaged enough". They never even confronted her. The job is a joke. However Im still here because of convenience, not because I like the position.
Pros
flexible and laid back, no supervision
Cons
lots of Information to Learn, very slow, expected to sell with no commission or compensation
Very Fluid and inconsistent
Assistant Account manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
This Company tries to take care of it's employees but the very nature of the business model makes this difficult. Management is ever changing as is the company and as clinics close you will be forced to move with them or find a new job. If you are flexible then they will keep you around but you may be forced to travel.

Training prepares you for the very basic aspects of your job but teaches you nothing on how to be successful at your job. If you give it time and you have a good clinic you have the opportunity for promotion. Unfortunately the company routinely cuts and shifts positions so even once a position is earned it may be stripped at any time.

Success is completely reliant on landing a good clinic, ever deteriorating payor relations, and having a good management support system. The company is struggling with payor reductions in several states and closed several others recently. The job gets routine and redundant quickly. Not for those who want a challenge but great for new graduates needing some experience.
Pros
The lower management cares about their staff
Cons
Inconsistent at best, the job gets old fast
Scam of a sales position
Clinical Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 16, 2016
This place was filled with non-medical people making medical decisions and taking advantage of those illiterate in health insurance protocol.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers are bullies, quantity over quality
As long as you work hard you live to see another day
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  texasSeptember 11, 2014
Corporate has the right idea it's in the business to make money but they don't realize how hard it is to meet budget and follow protocol. Too many redundant documents that is time consuming. The clinic managers are never there, pretend to work and just clock in, the trainers are never around because there is no oversight for them. The allergy techs are the ones that are busting their butts to be productive in fear of losing their job. Some don't even know it's from one day to the next the pull the rug out from under you. It's sad and you feel as if you were replaceable. They need to get rid of the people that don't work, it builds resentment and get better managers that are helpful and on your side not their own. Good side is the patients the relationships you build is what keeps us going, Better pay and benefits for those with experience not entry level pay like recent grads would increase moral.
Pros
learn every aspect of managed care in healthcare
Cons
work hard to meet budget, poor management, no job security
This is a sales job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TxApril 16, 2014
This is a sales job. You are pretty much kinda like a pharmaceutical sales person but you do not even make half of what they make. This company would prosper if they learned to appreciate their employees more. Although they do put on a facade by sending you turkeys and yearly paper weight keepsakes. Do not be fooled if you do not make your quota they will fire just as fast as they hired you. There is no job security the pay is pretty good so are the benefits. Be careful they will make it seem like this job is great then you get out of training and reality sinks in.
Pros
pay, benefits, patient care
Cons
unethical practices, and this company is money hungry, they will throw you under the bus to make budgets.
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 11, 2014
The company overall provide a good salary to pay my bills, but the job security is very poor. The company is base only on allergy testing and Treatment and this how the revenue come in for the company. When you are hire you think that you will be able to go to work and doctors referral patients just like they do for other healthcare services, but you are a sales representative. If you are not allergy testing and treatment or you are place at a clinic that is not high volume in patients you could very well be laid off.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
job security
Great benefits but be flexible!
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cushing, OKNovember 26, 2013
UAS is an exciting company to work for. They offer great benefits and decent pay for a recent college graduate. It is great experience to be in charge of your own clinic and create relationships with doctors. There are little things in every day work that do create a little bit of animosity like corporate changes things constantly and they are ridiculously hard to get a hold of. However, there will be issues like this with any job or career you choose to participate in. You just have to be flexible.
Pros
great benefits. great opportunities.
Cons
poor comunication between field and corporate. things change constantly.
Very Corrupt
CAS (Former Employee) –  SCMay 22, 2014
I was with this company for over 2 years, and although it seemed great for the initial 6 months, I slowly realized there was a huge disparity between corporate and the people in the field. Corporate is pretty clueless. They chase the almighty dollar, obviously this is a business, but they will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. It's difficult because CASs are the ones in the field every day, but when there is an issue with a clinic, doctor, or billing, we have no one to help us. Account managers are basically cheerleaders for corporate and harp on the number of allergy tests you get done in a day.

Are you comfortable with testing people who are not medically indicated for it? Are you comfortable running up people's premiums for unnecessary medical treatment? If you are, then you'll do great in this company.

If you are applying for grad schools or looking for other jobs, then this is okay for a year (tops). Most of the day you might not be very busy, so it's great if you need to study or get other work done. Otherwise, find something better!!!
Pros
starting salary was decent
Cons
poor management, corporate is out of touch, unethical
good Entry level, post graduate job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2013
Do not bother looking for a career here, they have the worst management, had four different managers in one year. Focused on numbers and not patient care quality, want you to push treatment on those who do not need it. The benefits are excellent, PTO is good but overall no job stability. Would only recommend recent college grads who are in between medical school or graduate school to work here.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, ptp
Cons
bad management, high turn over rates
Really Glad I Don't Work Here Anymore
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 7, 2015
A large portion of the company was laid off without any notice. I heard I was laid off through word of mouth. I tried to call HR to get to the bottom of it, but they wouldn't put me through to anyone. Managers never on the same page, and you never see anyone as you work remotely. The whole idea of selling allergy shots to people who don't really need it isn't a great business design anyway. They try to make it sound like you are helping people, when really you're a salesperson with a sugar-coated job title. Don't do it. There has to be something better out there.
Workplace environment that cares about profit to the point of desperation
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2015
Work day consists of verifying insurances, cold-calling to schedule allergy tests, reminder calls for appointments, making immunotherapy medication.

Management is clearly getting orders from above to increase test numbers. This is more obviously a sales job that's marketed to employees as healthcare because you'd have to pay salesmen more than $35, 000 a year (especially while your manager makes double and works from home, essentially).

The company only cares about numbers and soon as your clinic is no longer profitable they will cut ties and close the clinic. They do not care about the patients they've been preaching for you to care about.

I did learn a lot about how healthcare works from insurance to medical treatments.

My coworkers are great because you don't actually work with the company, but within an office on your own and their staff.
Descent entry level position
Clinical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 6, 2015
This is a descent entry level position into the outside sales world. The pay is pretty descent. They start you off between 38K and 42K a year, depending your experience. Great work life balance because you pretty much control your schedule. The only time you go into the office is twice a week and that is to make calls and schedule appointment. Other than that you are pretty much in the field all day. You use your car. They don't offer company car. They do give you an allowance for your car, but it is ok. I think this company only hires Caucasians and not that many Afro-Americans. I feel they hire Afro-Americans to meet EEO guidelines! I have been to many sales conferences and could count the amount of Afro-Americans they had in my division.
Run Robin Run!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJune 29, 2015
You have to have a strong stomach to work here. Hire a lot of entry level kids and expect them to sell allergy injections though they were hired for a tech/science job. No employee development unless you are in the home office and few are. They make a lot of billing mistakes and can take up to a year to correct their errors which makes the Doctors and practice managers furious so they don't want to pay their bills. The Operations side of things has never worked well and can't seem to be fixed. They have only a handful of customers left who will give them a good reference though they have partnered with thousands of physicians. More focus on profits than on the patient. Many of us are looking to get out. The Sales department is treated poorly maybe because they are out of sight and mind. Be careful if you're considering. Speak to current employees, trust review etc...
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management changes from day to day, may be a sinking ship. no retirement, few holidays, no advancement, rampant favoritism, unskilled managers and operations teams who have practically destroyed the company
Clinical allergy specialist
Certified Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  TylerSeptember 21, 2015
Awesome job, but managers might affect the job culture positively or negatively. The position does teach great management skills and the fellow CAS's provide a good support system most of the time. I loved the clinic I was in, the office staff, nurses, and the physicians.
Pros
working hours and free lunch
Cons
mismanagement
Sales
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2015
This company was not about patient care like I expected, instead, everything we worked for revolved around sales. Compensation was adequate, but do not expect to move up the corporate ladder as easy as promised.
Growing compnay
Regional Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2015
Good growing company that offers great healthcare experience and other areas of growth. An opportunity at working with patients directly and working with physicians.
Independent work environemnt
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seven Fields, PAAugust 3, 2015
Young company that is still working out some kinks but overall, I have been pretty pleased working with them.
The job pays pretty well and the environment is very independent as you work towards getting as many people as possible to be allergy tested and, insurance willing, treated via allergy injections.

The best part of working here is the patients, the rapport you build with them, and watching their health improve with treatment from beginning to end.
Pros
Free lunches, work in doctor's office, paid holidays
Cons
Sometimes feels like a sales job. I have heard the CEO call us sales representatives

2.5