United Allergy Services

United Allergy Services Employee Reviews

Clincal Allergy Specialist
Clinical Allery Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2015
I love my job and the fact that I am helping the people that come and see me because they are suffering from terrible allergies and they are looking to get rid of them and because of United Allergy Services whose main goal is to Revolutionize allergy care for all those people have help in getting rid of the allergies for good. I would first test a patient to see what they are allergic to and I would talk to the patient and get them to start allergy shots .
Descent entry level position
Clinical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 6, 2015
This is a descent entry level position into the outside sales world. The pay is pretty descent. They start you off between 38K and 42K a year, depending your experience. Great work life balance because you pretty much control your schedule. The only time you go into the office is twice a week and that is to make calls and schedule appointment. Other than that you are pretty much in the field all day. You use your car. They don't offer company car. They do give you an allowance for your car, but it is ok. I think this company only hires Caucasians and not that many Afro-Americans. I feel they hire Afro-Americans to meet EEO guidelines! I have been to many sales conferences and could count the amount of Afro-Americans they had in my division.
Great benefits and staff
Certified Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Sayre, OKJuly 1, 2015
We strive to help answer all patients questions about what and why they have these irritating allergies to pollen and molds. We want to improve their quality of living with testing and injections for these allergens.
Run Robin Run!
Account Executive (Current Employee), New HampshireJune 29, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: management changes from day to day, may be a sinking ship. no retirement, few holidays, no advancement, rampant favoritism, unskilled managers and operations teams who have practically destroyed the company
You have to have a strong stomach to work here. Hire a lot of entry level kids and expect them to sell allergy injections though they were hired for a tech/science job. No employee development unless you are in the home office and few are. They make a lot of billing mistakes and can take up to a year to correct their errors which makes the Doctors and practice managers furious so they don't want to pay their bills. The Operations side of things has never worked well and can't seem to be fixed. They have only a handful of customers left who will give them a good reference though they have partnered with thousands of physicians. More focus on profits than on the patient. Many of us are looking to get out. The Sales department is treated poorly maybe because they are out of sight and mind. Be careful if you're considering. Speak to current employees, trust review etc...
Easy, Good Pay, But Not Stimulating
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 29, 2015
An easy, happy go lucky job with great members but commonly you are patient-less and very bored for hours. There is a push for numbers and it takes away from genuine patient care
Great evolving company that offers direct patient care and entrepreneurship
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), TenneesseeJune 12, 2015
This career includes direct patient care, business strategies, independence, provider and staff relationships, and a chance to help our community from the allergy epidemic. The company has a great business plan and is evolving quickly. It includes sales but what for profit company doesn't. Overall great atmosphere.
Review
Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDJune 8, 2015
During this job you work as a specialty service for a doctors office. I interact with their patients and help with allergy care at the primary care level. I love working with the patients and becoming a part of the office. I am less happy with the interactions I have with the manager of my company. I want to find something patient based without the numbers and sales aspect of my current job.
An excellent company to work with!
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2015
Pros: variety of co workers
Cons: long hours
I oversee and manage clinics to ensure protocols and rise up values are followed in each along with the billing aspect carried out fairly and clinics are invoiced accurately and my company is paid appropriately and in a timely manner. I have gained the pleasure of working with all types of personalities. The most difficult part of my job is not having enough time in the day.
n/a
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Seminole, OKMay 27, 2015
see patients, computer work, making medication, patient care. Co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part is being able to make a difference in someones life.
Good Job...Depending on the Physician Office
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), NCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Bonsus & Traveling
Cons: Traveling, Rezoning districts/changing managers, Monkey-in-the-Middle (Company-you-Physician office)
Regardless of what the company says this is a pharmaceutical sales job for immunotherapy/allergy injections. If you test pretty much everybody & convert them to injections...$$$$
If you don't you will get transferred or fired.
Disappointed - Don't work here
CAS (Current Employee), dallasApril 24, 2015
Pros: flexible and laid back, no supervision
Cons: lots of Information to Learn, very slow, expected to sell with no commission or compensation
The job in itself is very boring. You do obtain lab and clinical work, however, it is very slow and you can pretty much watch movies all day long because you essentially don't have a supervisor on site.
My boss who travels to different clinics is a tad unprofessional, isn't always honest, inconsistent and pretty gossipy (and judgmental) for being a supervisor. If you have a question for human resources, they are very vague and unhelpful. Overall, they hire you in at 15 dollars an hour and that is what is most appealing about the position compared to other similar positions. Other that this is not a job I would suggest to a friend or sibling to apply to.
Lastly, I have a friend that was just asked to leave for "appearing to be not engaged enough". They never even confronted her. The job is a joke. However Im still here because of convenience, not because I like the position.
Sales
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2015
This company was not about patient care like I expected, instead, everything we worked for revolved around sales. Compensation was adequate, but do not expect to move up the corporate ladder as easy as promised.
Innovative heathcare for patients and providers
Area Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great learning opportunities
Cons: start up company
The concept in being able to offer patients the alternative of home therapy speaks volume to how far the medical industry has evovled.
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: large working area
I am currently a contractor at United Allergy Services. I like that I am busy from the minute I get to work until I leave at the end of the day. I like that the team I am currently on works very well together. Management communicates what is expected from the team and is helpful resolving issues.
Busy, Busy
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
The team I was a part of was great but we had many accounts to monitor. This could at times be overwhelming. Overall, UAS is a great company.
easy job entry level job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 20, 2015
In my clinic it was very slow, so although my job was easy, meeting goals was not. I did enjoy the lab aspect of the job but it doesn't make up as much as you would think. Most days I was tracking down patients and trying to get more scheduled which was the hardest part. I did love the independence but I feel the company had high expectations due to huge clinics having high number but not all clinics were as big as others
Interesting and learning experience
Certifed Allergy Technician, LPN (Current Employee), njOctober 14, 2014
You work very independently.
Job is very interesting learned many new things
Looking for more hands on and nursing experience and job.
Company with poor Values
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: monthly mingles to meet coworkers
Cons: poor pay, high school gossip and fighting, even among the execs
Company is at a crossroads. It will either succeed or it will fail. With the current executive staff, the lack of fiscal responsibility, this company is definitely heading down the wrong path.
As long as you work hard you live to see another day
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), texasSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: learn every aspect of managed care in healthcare
Cons: work hard to meet budget, poor management, no job security
Corporate has the right idea it's in the business to make money but they don't realize how hard it is to meet budget and follow protocol. Too many redundant documents that is time consuming. The clinic managers are never there, pretend to work and just clock in, the trainers are never around because there is no oversight for them. The allergy techs are the ones that are busting their butts to be productive in fear of losing their job. Some don't even know it's from one day to the next the pull the rug out from under you. It's sad and you feel as if you were replaceable. They need to get rid of the people that don't work, it builds resentment and get better managers that are helpful and on your side not their own. Good side is the patients the relationships you build is what keeps us going, Better pay and benefits for those with experience not entry level pay like recent grads would increase moral.
Do not be fooled, not patient care, not health care. Sales job without sales pay
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: get a variety of experience, but the individual becomes jack of all trades and master of none.
Cons: unethical practice by corporate, unsupportive managers, finger pointing, not true patient care, a lot of deceit
Work itself is mundane, The one week training in San Antonio is useless, no useful information is taught. Unless you are thrown into a supportive clinic, you have no support. The company preaches patient care, but there is no care involved. Managers will tell you anything for you to get tests and conversions, so insurance companies can be billed. The accuracy of the test is extremely unreliable. Many false positive results have been produced (pt with no allergies but tested positive for reactions). The one year regimen of shots is billed at the beginning essentially scamming insurance policies. More than half of the field employees have no science background, and they just spill out the information from corporate without any analytical abilities. Anyone who questions corporate's practice is scrutinized immediately. Marketing material sent out from corporate cites questionable studies.Regardless of the number of allergy tests you sell or convert, the pay remains the same. The bonus is based off a point system.

The development program is a T shaped diagram which looks exactly like a pyramid scheme flipped upside down.

1 2 3