United Allergy Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great starter job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This is great starter job. It advertises as a job where you will need a science background. While at some points it is necessary, in very little amount, a sales background would be better. On the job training is provided through job shadowing and 1 week of paid training. Pay is great starting out. Quarterly reviews, incentives and yearly raises are nice as well.
Pros
no micromanaging, paid traveling, vacation days given upfront
No job security! Do yourself a favor and keep looking!
CAS- Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 26, 2015
I worked with United Allergy for over two years as a CAS. I went to work one day and I was locked out of every computer program needed to perform my duties. I called Tech Services left 5 messages and nothing... finally called my Account Manager and she informed me that I along with the entire state of FL had been laid off. I was instructed to leave my patients in the lobby who had appointments and go home.This company pulled out of several states and let go of hundreds of employees with NO NOTICE to employees or physicians. Prior they took away our paid healthcare and got rid of our cash bonuses. Management is constantly changing. No patient care what so ever! How could you ask employees to leave physicians high and dry with no consideration to their waiting patients? The doctors involved with this company think they're an absolute joke and are looking into legal action.
Pros
None, this company is going under
Cons
No job security, constant changes in managment, and no room for growth.
Growing compnay
Regional Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2015
Good growing company that offers great healthcare experience and other areas of growth. An opportunity at working with patients directly and working with physicians.
Really Glad I Don't Work Here Anymore
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 7, 2015
A large portion of the company was laid off without any notice. I heard I was laid off through word of mouth. I tried to call HR to get to the bottom of it, but they wouldn't put me through to anyone. Managers never on the same page, and you never see anyone as you work remotely. The whole idea of selling allergy shots to people who don't really need it isn't a great business design anyway. They try to make it sound like you are helping people, when really you're a salesperson with a sugar-coated job title. Don't do it. There has to be something better out there.
Very Fluid and inconsistent
Assistant Account manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
This Company tries to take care of it's employees but the very nature of the business model makes this difficult. Management is ever changing as is the company and as clinics close you will be forced to move with them or find a new job. If you are flexible then they will keep you around but you may be forced to travel.

Training prepares you for the very basic aspects of your job but teaches you nothing on how to be successful at your job. If you give it time and you have a good clinic you have the opportunity for promotion. Unfortunately the company routinely cuts and shifts positions so even once a position is earned it may be stripped at any time.

Success is completely reliant on landing a good clinic, ever deteriorating payor relations, and having a good management support system. The company is struggling with payor reductions in several states and closed several others recently. The job gets routine and redundant quickly. Not for those who want a challenge but great for new graduates needing some experience.
Pros
The lower management cares about their staff
Cons
Inconsistent at best, the job gets old fast
Fun but no job security
Certified Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2015
this job looks good for when ur applying to medical school, u do interact with patients and doctors. if your lucky u get descent ones. overall working there has been a fun journey for me.
productive work schedule
LPN-Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 20, 2015
very good work environment and management in the office, in a doctors office setting. great experience for new graduates
Great Place to gain medical experiance
Senior Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altnata, GeorgiaOctober 16, 2015
Great company to work for if you are looking to gain medical experience. There are great opportunities to interact and for lasting relationships with providers.
Uas
CAS (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 12, 2015
Company is a good place to work at but not for a lifelong career. They laid off a lot of people from the company in a very distasteful way. Investor has pulled out from the company and funds are low. Job security not much!!
Decent entry level position
Certified Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 7, 2015
Work schedule is standard m-f 8-5, which was probably the best thing about the job. Management was not well trained to carry out corporate goals. Structure of management was not clearly defined with to much internal shifting.
Clinical allergy specialist
Certified Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  TylerSeptember 21, 2015
Awesome job, but managers might affect the job culture positively or negatively. The position does teach great management skills and the fellow CAS's provide a good support system most of the time. I loved the clinic I was in, the office staff, nurses, and the physicians.
Pros
working hours and free lunch
Cons
mismanagement
Enjoyable place to work, helping people
AREA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Requires a lot of traveling to client offices to ensure proper communication and daily functions are running smoothly. Train new and existing Clinical lab specialist on protocols and customer service and provide continual assistance in all areas. Test patients for specific allergies. Create a customized treatment plan for patients.
Pros
Strengthen and build relationships with Medical Professionals, supervise and train a handful of employees
Cons
travel using personal vehicle and no proper compensation for usage/milage
Workplace environment that cares about profit to the point of desperation
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2015
Work day consists of verifying insurances, cold-calling to schedule allergy tests, reminder calls for appointments, making immunotherapy medication.

Management is clearly getting orders from above to increase test numbers. This is more obviously a sales job that's marketed to employees as healthcare because you'd have to pay salesmen more than $35, 000 a year (especially while your manager makes double and works from home, essentially).

The company only cares about numbers and soon as your clinic is no longer profitable they will cut ties and close the clinic. They do not care about the patients they've been preaching for you to care about.

I did learn a lot about how healthcare works from insurance to medical treatments.

My coworkers are great because you don't actually work with the company, but within an office on your own and their staff.
No Communication
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioSeptember 2, 2015
There was a grave lack of communication between the corporate office and field employees.
A typical work day consisted of scheduling appointments, educating patients on allergy testing and immunotherapy, conversing with the medical staff of the office and tracking inventory.
n/a
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chouteau, OKAugust 21, 2015
Great company. The idea behind the company is amazing. The structure however is underdeveloped and not executed professionally.
The rats have left the ship...
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  United SatesAugust 20, 2015
Management just laid off over half the employees. The main reason- not enough cash to keep the company going. Great business idea but just could not implement properly.
Independent work environemnt
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seven Fields, PAAugust 3, 2015
Young company that is still working out some kinks but overall, I have been pretty pleased working with them.
The job pays pretty well and the environment is very independent as you work towards getting as many people as possible to be allergy tested and, insurance willing, treated via allergy injections.

The best part of working here is the patients, the rapport you build with them, and watching their health improve with treatment from beginning to end.
Pros
Free lunches, work in doctor's office, paid holidays
Cons
Sometimes feels like a sales job. I have heard the CEO call us sales representatives
Clincal Allergy Specialist
Clinical Allery Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2015
I love my job and the fact that I am helping the people that come and see me because they are suffering from terrible allergies and they are looking to get rid of them and because of United Allergy Services whose main goal is to Revolutionize allergy care for all those people have help in getting rid of the allergies for good. I would first test a patient to see what they are allergic to and I would talk to the patient and get them to start allergy shots .
Descent entry level position
Clinical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 6, 2015
This is a descent entry level position into the outside sales world. The pay is pretty descent. They start you off between 38K and 42K a year, depending your experience. Great work life balance because you pretty much control your schedule. The only time you go into the office is twice a week and that is to make calls and schedule appointment. Other than that you are pretty much in the field all day. You use your car. They don't offer company car. They do give you an allowance for your car, but it is ok. I think this company only hires Caucasians and not that many Afro-Americans. I feel they hire Afro-Americans to meet EEO guidelines! I have been to many sales conferences and could count the amount of Afro-Americans they had in my division.
Great benefits and staff
Certified Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sayre, OKJuly 1, 2015
We strive to help answer all patients questions about what and why they have these irritating allergies to pollen and molds. We want to improve their quality of living with testing and injections for these allergens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Allergy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5