United Allergy Services

United Allergy Services United States Employee Reviews

Disappointed - Don't work here
CAS (Current Employee), dallasApril 24, 2015
Pros: flexible and laid back, no supervision
Cons: lots of Information to Learn, very slow, expected to sell with no commission or compensation
The job in itself is very boring. You do obtain lab and clinical work, however, it is very slow and you can pretty much watch movies all day long because you essentially don't have a supervisor on site.
My boss who travels to different clinics is a tad unprofessional, isn't always honest, inconsistent and pretty gossipy (and judgmental) for being a supervisor. If you have a question for human resources, they are very vague and unhelpful. Overall, they hire you in at 15 dollars an hour and that is what is most appealing about the position compared to other similar positions. Other that this is not a job I would suggest to a friend or sibling to apply to.
Lastly, I have a friend that was just asked to leave for "appearing to be not engaged enough". They never even confronted her. The job is a joke. However Im still here because of convenience, not because I like the position.
Sales
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2015
This company was not about patient care like I expected, instead, everything we worked for revolved around sales. Compensation was adequate, but do not expect to move up the corporate ladder as easy as promised.
Innovative heathcare for patients and providers
Area Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great learning opportunities
Cons: start up company
The concept in being able to offer patients the alternative of home therapy speaks volume to how far the medical industry has evovled.
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: large working area
I am currently a contractor at United Allergy Services. I like that I am busy from the minute I get to work until I leave at the end of the day. I like that the team I am currently on works very well together. Management communicates what is expected from the team and is helpful resolving issues.
Busy, Busy
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
The team I was a part of was great but we had many accounts to monitor. This could at times be overwhelming. Overall, UAS is a great company.
easy job entry level job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 20, 2015
In my clinic it was very slow, so although my job was easy, meeting goals was not. I did enjoy the lab aspect of the job but it doesn't make up as much as you would think. Most days I was tracking down patients and trying to get more scheduled which was the hardest part. I did love the independence but I feel the company had high expectations due to huge clinics having high number but not all clinics were as big as others
Interesting and learning experience
Certifed Allergy Technician, LPN (Current Employee), njOctober 14, 2014
You work very independently.
Job is very interesting learned many new things
Looking for more hands on and nursing experience and job.
Company with poor Values
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: monthly mingles to meet coworkers
Cons: poor pay, high school gossip and fighting, even among the execs
Company is at a crossroads. It will either succeed or it will fail. With the current executive staff, the lack of fiscal responsibility, this company is definitely heading down the wrong path.
As long as you work hard you live to see another day
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), texasSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: learn every aspect of managed care in healthcare
Cons: work hard to meet budget, poor management, no job security
Corporate has the right idea it's in the business to make money but they don't realize how hard it is to meet budget and follow protocol. Too many redundant documents that is time consuming. The clinic managers are never there, pretend to work and just clock in, the trainers are never around because there is no oversight for them. The allergy techs are the ones that are busting their butts to be productive in fear of losing their job. Some don't even know it's from one day to the next the pull the rug out from under you. It's sad and you feel as if you were replaceable. They need to get rid of the people that don't work, it builds resentment and get better managers that are helpful and on your side not their own. Good side is the patients the relationships you build is what keeps us going, Better pay and benefits for those with experience not entry level pay like recent grads would increase moral.
Do not be fooled, not patient care, not health care. Sales job without sales pay
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: get a variety of experience, but the individual becomes jack of all trades and master of none.
Cons: unethical practice by corporate, unsupportive managers, finger pointing, not true patient care, a lot of deceit
Work itself is mundane, The one week training in San Antonio is useless, no useful information is taught. Unless you are thrown into a supportive clinic, you have no support. The company preaches patient care, but there is no care involved. Managers will tell you anything for you to get tests and conversions, so insurance companies can be billed. The accuracy of the test is extremely unreliable. Many false positive results have been produced (pt with no allergies but tested positive for reactions). The one year regimen of shots is billed at the beginning essentially scamming insurance policies. More than half of the field employees have no science background, and they just spill out the information from corporate without any analytical abilities. Anyone who questions corporate's practice is scrutinized immediately. Marketing material sent out from corporate cites questionable studies.Regardless of the number of allergy tests you sell or convert, the pay remains the same. The bonus is based off a point system.

The development program is a T shaped diagram which looks exactly like a pyramid scheme flipped upside down.
Allergy Testing and Treatment
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: being independent
Amazing place to work where you can learn a lot from your managers, coworkers and the physicians that you work under.
Allergy Specialist
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2014
Pros: i could always get in touch with my manager and he would also respond in a timely manner.
Cons: when your lab close and you have to try and wait on a immediately opening.
A typical day at work is verifying insurance for patients so I can allergy test them. Mixing medication and training patient on injections so they can take vial home with them. The most enjoyable part about my job was my patients because I liked the talks we had while they had to sit with me.
Great company with great employees
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJuly 24, 2014
This is a very positive company to work for with excellent management.
Clinical Laboratory Technician
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), denver, coJuly 23, 2014
-Help individual practices identify patients that are candidates for allergy testing and therapy.
-Carry out Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy, communicate with providers on site on a regular basis.
- Align with providers so my practices mirror that of their philosophy.
-Self managed as closest management was located in another state.
-Love working with patients and in medical sales
UAS
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJuly 23, 2014
Great place to work, it truly is a family.
I work in a pediatric setting, so the hardest part of my job is actually doing the allergy test to children, even though the pain that comes from a scratch test is minimal, for children is a lot worse due to their sensitive skin.
The best company I have worked for
Clinical Allergy Specialist Floater (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hassel with #s
Great benefits, good pay, great management. I have enjoyed my experiences so far and I have been working with the company for one year.
UAS is good for starters
ClinicalAllergy Specialist (Current Employee), SCJune 26, 2014
Great place for recent graduates that seek clinical experience
Independent work environment under physician guidance.
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 14, 2014
Cons: lots of pressure to get patients to sign up for immunotherapy
Schedule patients, verify insurance, complete lab protocols, perform allergy test, if patient tested positive on scratch test try to get them to sign up for immunotherapy, mix allergens for patient
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 11, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: job security
The company overall provide a good salary to pay my bills, but the job security is very poor. The company is base only on allergy testing and Treatment and this how the revenue come in for the company. When you are hire you think that you will be able to go to work and doctors referral patients just like they do for other healthcare services, but you are a sales representative. If you are not allergy testing and treatment or you are place at a clinic that is not high volume in patients you could very well be laid off.
solid
Certified Allergy Specialist (Former Employee), Milford, OHMay 27, 2014
- Company tends to hide information from the employee they believe is irrelevant to their daily duties in the field.

1 2 3