United Allergy Services Employee Reviews

United Allergy Services
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 5, 2017
Great place to work always helping patients very rewarding ! Everyone is willing to work together to get the job done. Great learning experience great people to work with
Pros
Helping patients
Only good for experience
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 21, 2017
Clinical Allergy Specialist job role is just good for experience and not for long term advancement. Pay is okay. Definitely not enough to support a family on. Good as a job fresh out of college but only take it as an experience for something else.
Pros
n/a
Cons
poor salary, low benefits
Fast growing company
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 15, 2017
I have been with this company for over a year, There is a lot to learn and a lot of people willing to teach you and help you succeed. There has been changes in management and all for the better. I do not see myself leaving the company. Only down fall is there is not many jobs you can move up to without traveling. For some this is not an issue and they do reimburse well for travel. This depends on you and your family situation. If you are in Texas there are lots of jobs you can grow into.
Great Job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 14, 2017
This a place for a person that has a passion and interest in health and patient care. The workplace culture depends on what type of MD practice you are placed. For the most, part this company is a opportunity to get your career started in healthcare.
Perfect Out of College Job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 5, 2017
So I took this job to get experience in the medical field before PA school, and it was perfect! I got it just out of college and while the hiring process was very slow, once I got started in my clinic I really enjoyed it. Like most jobs, it helps to have coworkers you enjoy working with, and my clinic is wonderful. You don't get a whole lot of interaction with UAS coworkers except through emails and conference calls. There is minimal micromanagement, which was great. Yes they do expect you to meet certain numbers each month, but if you don't, there isn't an automatic penalty or anything. Just encouragement to try harder. They are always doing gift card competitions, etc. I see my actual boss maybe once a month, if that. It's not a sales job if you really believe what you are selling, and I've seen the immunotherapy make a huge difference in my patients lives, plus I've learned so much to help me in the PA field.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Little room for advancement
Decent job with no advancement
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 4, 2017
THIS. IS. A. SALES. JOB.
No matter what they tell you, this is a sales job and you will be expected to meet quotas. I received very little support form management even when I asked for it. It does pay very well and come with good benefits.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
lack of security, sales
Time at UAS
Corporate and Field Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Company started out good but once was bought out by a private company in California things went south quickly.... Enjoyed the people I worked with....
Uas
Certified Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 25, 2017
Working for UAS was a great experience at first. The pay was decent and the insurance was great. This all started to fall apart when budget cuts were made and our insurance went up. The medical part of this company was great and very helpful but the growth and management was poor.
Self trained
Certified Allergy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2017
In this position you are self trained and self taught. I was never informed on the right practices to do at any given time. Hard to get a hold of someone to help.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Needed help learning
Good learning experience
LPN, Allergy Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 2, 2017
Good learning experience but too much pressure for production from managers. Not enough compensation. Company views patients as numbers instead of people.
Cons
pressure from company for production
Nice company
CAS (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2017
Good company, poor pay, if you can't travel you can't move up much within the company. You work independently with minimal supervision. However you have to do a lot of checklists which take away the feel of not being micromanaged.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
poor pay
Excellent Management
CERTIFIED ALLERGY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 30, 2017
Management encourages personal and professional growth; Company offers flexibility and independence; advancement opportunities for those who prove to be hard working, dedicated individuals
Cas
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 13, 2017
This is a great place to work if you're in the health field and just out of college. The pay is decent and the managers are very nice and want you to succeed. You're working on your own and you aren't micro-managed so you have to be self motivated. It's an allergy clinic that works alongside a physician's office, so the work environment depends on the people who work at the physician's office. They do a lot of drawings for gift cards and other little bonuses like that. It really is a great company, but I am just bored only seeing one or two patients a day.
Pros
Paid time off, paid holidays, good managers, lots of flexibility
Cons
slow paced
Managing an Allergy Lab within a physcians office
Senior Certified Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2017
This is a good place to work for entry level personnel. There is room for growth but can be limited depending on location. Can be fast paced and then slow at times as the seasons change for the allergy suffers.
Good out of college job
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2017
I learned a lot from this company. It allowed me to gain experience in inside and outside sales. Lots of experience with patients and physicians. Pay could be better/
Company is Growing
CAS (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
United Allergy Services is a growing company. The company is improving each year as it was started up less than 10 years ago. Each year has gotten better.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 24, 2017
Productive- a good learning experience.
Must be willing to work independantly
Company overall is balanced
Not a lot of room to excel in your career in this company
United Allergy Services is a good entry level place to work
Senior Clinical Allergy Specialist/Floater (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2017
United Allergy Services is great place to work. They give their employees great & great benefits. The management style could improve, but it is overall a great place to work.
Great way to earn experience and build resume
Allergy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 13, 2017
This job is a great way to gain new skills and build your resume. You run the allergy clinic on your own from scheduling to inventory. If the providers are hands on then it's great if not , then it's not so great. I really enjoyed working there until the micro managing began. They're constantly emailing to get your numbers up. They don't understand that people are not robots and WILL sometimes still not show up even though they've confirmed an appointment. Calling out due to sickness is hard since there is no floater. I had surgery and was supposed to be out for a week. They pushed me to come in sooner because, they had no coverage. They QA you. Which is when they observe to make sure you follow the "checklist " on how a certain type of appointment goes. If you do one step before the other (I.e mark numbers on skin after placement of the testers vs. before, or forgetting to highlight something on a sheet) you get enough points taken off that you're out coded as "yellow". The manager I had ,Jennifer was great! I haven't to many good things about the new one ,Jill.
Pros
Pay, accruing of new skills
Cons
No floater, micro management
Great opportunity for clinical experience
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
This company gives on the job training and will give you excellent opportunity for clinical experience. For those looking for experience with treating patients, communicating with clinic staff and learning about allergies. However, the job security is not great. Many times, people are let go due to the company updating their staff requirements.
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Job Security at upper levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Allergy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5