UNITED AMBULANCE Employee Reviews

Plenty of work, not much advancement
EMT/medical transporter (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 18, 2015
Overall okay job as an EMT. Not much room for advancement, part of that was due to letting a low level employee handle paperwork. An employee who was prone to losing paperwork. Plus I was under the impression I would be hired as an EMT, but was actually put to work as a transporter. Still, normal EMS job issues.
Pros
Free breakfasts. Plenty of opportunities for overtime. Friendly staff and overhead.
Great Workplace for new EMT's
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2015
This company is a great starting point for any newly graduated EMT that would like to experience ambulance operations without the actual EMS-911 drama found in real-time trauma situations.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay, no benefits
up beat
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2014
One of the most rewarding jobs. with team work communication entry-level management & coworkers the hardest part of the gob would be the physical safety with helping those in need, you really have to love helping others.
Pros
travel
Cons
very physical occupation
You decide for yourself
Transporter (Current Employee) –  foster city caJune 2, 2014
every day varies. they cut overtime. co-workers are fun to be around. management? have to see for yourself.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
no benefits
Great workplace and learned tremendous amount of respobsibility
Director Jim Starr (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHMay 14, 2014
This was a great place to work. 24 hours shifts were great and there was little down time. I liked to deal with the public. The co-workers were great and I really enjoyed the job and I was also able to assist the public in their time of need. We would work county wide 911 and also assist neighboring counties when they needed us. I would also do transfers to numerous hospitals around the area from onside of the state to the other.
Pros
helping the community
EMT
EMT (Former Employee) –  San Jose,caNovember 1, 2013
Respond to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and to transport the patient to a medical facility.
Stepping stone for better oppertunities
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San AntonioDecember 10, 2012
Answering 911 calls for local Nursing Homes, scheduling transportation for Nursing Homes
Pros
day shift
Cons
no advancement from dispatcher on up
Great atmophere and owner
Billing Specialist/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2012
United Ambulance open the door to what now would be my carrer. Working there help me to gain that hand on experience I needed. The director were awsome and very understanding. Happy to be a part of that team United Ambulance.

4.2