United American Insurance Company Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2017
company went out of business. You need to add an option to just click a button for businesses that are no longer open. Two of the 4 places of employment in my resume are no longer in business.
it was very satisfying knowing I helped people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVAugust 22, 2017
I was licensed to sell health and life insurance in WV, OH, and KY. On any given day I would be in one of those states seeing people who were generated through a lead program that consisted primarily
of television and mailings. I had to take correspondence courses to satisfy a continuing education requirement of 12 hrs every three years. The hardest part of the job was driving an average of 1000 miles every week, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
company trips, dinners held at expensive restaraunts
Cons
driving 3-400 miles day
Sold health and life insurance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalkas, TXAugust 15, 2017
A typical day included contacting prospective customers. I learned a lot about life and health insurance. The hardest part of the job was the travel. The most enjoyable was helping a client get insurance for their family.
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Travel
Standard corporate environment
Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 13, 2017
It was ok. I loved working with my peers but management was definitely sub par. I saw a lot of people that shouldn't have advanced get promoted to jobs they couldn't handle.
friendly departments
Assist underwriters (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 3, 2017
I learned so much about insurance and customer support and every day was a joy when working in the Underwriting Department for almost twelve years. The management could have been better as I had some unfortunate encounters with while working in Quality Assurance for the last three years of my employment. I would never return to the company but would advise those that are seeking employment to work in another department other than Quality Assurance.
Pros
family oriented atmostphere
Cons
freedom and learning the products
great place to work great management
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 18, 2016
high call ,volume center up to 100 callers a day wanting tp discuss either their medical insurance plan or their claims as well as life insurance policies. . I learned allot about medicare and the medicare part d drug plan. Management was always there to assist reps and take irate callers.I think the hardest part of the job for me was trying to learn about all the different life insurance policies the company offered and whether the policy was a term or whole life policy.Everyone in the call center got along great, we even dressed up all the same on halloween and won the department contest. to me the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was able to assist and satisfy majority of my customers on my own.
Pros
great benefits, great staff
Cons
changed hourly rate to a dollar a call
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 10, 2016
I learned how to do legal research in the law library for different states and insurance policy guidelines.

I learned to submit insurance policies, riders, and applications for various types of insurance. One a policy was submitted to follow up and file the approvals in the state binders. If a policy was declined due to language, how to revise it and send a resubmission to the state boards of insurance.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No promotions ans small raises.
No real growth opportunities
Insurance Agent /Health (Former Employee) –  Atlanta Suburban areasJune 2, 2016
this was a part time position for me, and they really don't train well so, it was an 'uphill' battle.
This was an outside sales position in which they didn't give you very many good leads to set appointments with.

The challenges were great- had to fight to get to the good leads. There was no training hardly at all.

If you're self made and have other means of income - this is a fine job. If not, don't expect to make any money for years!
Pros
Work from home position
Cons
Again, no real training
hours were hard to work with
Tx / Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 28, 2016
its ok, its just that there are a LOT of things to remember, and you are constantly required to meet HIPPA guidelines, only gave 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
good pay
Cons
30 minute lunches, HIPPA guidelines
Paid Cancer Claims
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 19, 2016
Came in and ran claims through the Medicare calculator to determine what the Medicare expected amount would be to pay them there rate. Would pay the grandfathered people the old way and pay them more than what they should have been paid on claims.
Pros
Helping dying people
Cons
Knowing the people were going to die
accep inbound/outbound calls for customers applying for life insurance
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Mckinney TxAugust 25, 2015
I accept inbound and make outbound phone calls to people who are applying for life insurance. I would ask a series of health questions and submit that information to processing so that they will make a decision to determine whether or not they are eligible
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Management is not willing to work with you if you are sick or unable to work
I love this company
Sr. Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 10, 2015
Best company I ever worked for. Great pension plan. Best people to work with. I wish I could do more programming there. Good health and dental insurance.
Pros
Get to wear jeans on Friday
Cons
Had to wear business casual Monday thru Thursday
Not an ethical company
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
After being laid off at AT&T I decided to get get my Insurance sales license.

This was the one and only company I worked for selling insurance.

I am a very ethical person so this company was not for me.
Pros
I learned a new area getting my license
Telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2014
Manual cold calls customers, set appointments for interested clients
,and filling out forms concerning schedules for insurance agents to make sale calls. A floor manager made sure proper calling techniques were used by all coworkers..Cold calling to individual customers. Convenient at times because you could work from home at times..
Pros
Work from home at times
Cons
commission basis
Learning everyday
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McKinneyOctober 22, 2014
You have to be ready to take incoming calls everyday. You will learn about life insurance and what it is all about. The management is constantly evolving. You will meet new people everyday. The hardest part about the job is when you have to tell a customer bad news. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to assist them in what they needed.
Pros
learning about life insurance
Cons
not able to move within the company
insurance agent
Exclusive Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson,AZJuly 30, 2014
Company out of business. assisted individuals in obtaining limited health insurance
Pros
Obtained AZ health insurance license
Cons
everything
An excellent company with room to advance
Agent Recruiter (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 3, 2014
This is company that gives an employee all the tools they need to be successful, and a front runner in agent driven production.
Pros
Full vestment and 401k
Drama
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 16, 2014
The hardest part of job talking to supervisor they get mad. Typical day customer on hold all time, missing checks customers sent in.
Pros
They hire easy
Cons
Supervisor don't communicate, they barly want to answer question. They change you pay, also its comission (per piece)
nice setting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GeorgiaJanuary 17, 2014
filing, answering calls, faxing, data entry
learned how to adjust to all kinds of agents/personalities
no co-workers just my boss, she was great
hardest part was the drive there
meetings & conferences where the best part of my job finally people in the house... :)
Pros
my own boss
Cons
very far from home
Productive and pleasant environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pleasant environment, enjoyed working with the people there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United American Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

United American Insurance Company Reviews by Location