United Auto Credit Corporation

United Auto Credit Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Collector (Current Employee), Hurst, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: I have great co-workers
Cons: Health Care, Pay, Bonus
Typical Day-challenging,
Learned- Conflict resolution,
Management- They do not foster a team building environment
Coworkers- Charismatic,
Hardest part- Not enough opportunity to thrive,
Enjoyable- Knowing that I had a positive impact through my work
High Stress and Cut Throat
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 19, 2015
Pros: great food and accommodations at training, pay
Cons: hard core, terrible training
I was a Area Sales Manager with little to no training. My hiring manager was changed 2 months into my employment and it was downhill from there. Management is a joke and is based on sales not necessarily their ability to manage others. The hardest part is getting the people internally to be on your side when you need them. The best part is the income and monthly bonuses. The pay was decent but i felt like i lived, breathed and slept UACC with little time for anything else. Also, I was told in my interview that Saturdays were required 2 times per month when in reality you are expected to work EVERY SATURDAY and you don't get comp time only "office time" to make up for working Saturday.
For College kids
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Hurst, TXApril 8, 2015
Working the same information over and over again and no growth plus management not for people who working just their friends. My co workers fun to be around.
Its ok. Not special
Senior Internal Area Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 2, 2015
Management is cool, the office atmosphere is pretty good, corporate outlook not so much... It seems like the company will be going public soon so theyre doing everything possible to make sure year over year numbers are looking good. This means cutting back bonus plans, significantly across every department. Like most places what once was a career is turning into just another job. Good, pretty good even, but not great.
Transparency is a joke
Minion (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: some free food but doesn't make up for the terrible culture
Cons: work environment, culture, senior management, some middle management, pay
Management claims there is transparency and an open door policy. What a joke.
They say one thing, then immediately do the opposite.
If you like low cubicle walls and cubicles configured in a bus-like fashion, this place is for you.
Middle management can make promises, then renege on the agreement, then Senior management will side with Middle management.
They make claims of internal promotion but it only occurs if you're kissing someone's behind.
Highly recommend you do not work here.
New company quickly rising!
Dialer Unit Representative (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: they always had cash giveaway contest
Cons: company would not move you to another department if they saw you struggling in one department
Typical day as a dialer rep you would come in and log on to your system and start making calls to customers past due from 0-25 days. These of course were 2nd chance customer so some were very difficult to work with. The company is always trying to make the atmosphere fun by doing daily cash giveaways throughout the day so as to not have you bored at work. Management was ok but I fill like they do not prepare you for what you face on the floor long enough the training is only a week long so you really just get put out there to either sink or swim. Your co-workers are your best link for information on doing your job at United Auto Credit.
huge disappointment and shocked
collection (Former Employee), mesaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: treatment
This company has the right idea however was not prepared for the level of micromanagement. Its shocking how unprofessional the director is. He yells at supervisors and talks smack about associates right out in the open. Its a harrassing and abusive environment. Unless you are desperate stay away!!!!!! This place is nuts.
Good Company
Administrative Supervisor/Account Rep/Collector (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 1, 2014
I enjoyed my job here. I met all types of people who came into the office, either to make a payment on their loan or the many dealers that we associated with, My team was enjoyable

There were alot of management changes that were upsetting to the office environment.

Once the corporation itself was taken over branches began to close. we thought we were safe because we had aquired a closed branch from NJ, but we weren't. Our branch soon closed as well,
Learned a lot!
Marketing Rep (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 3, 2014
I started in one position and was transitioned into another because of my skill set. Great move by management.
Subprime Automotive Lending
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: relatively good pay
Cons: aggressive, angry, high stress, high abuse.
Hard core debt collection via phone and visits to the client at home and work to collect past due payments.
Working there was a memorable experience.
Credit Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 13, 2014
Working there was an "unforgettable" experience. I benefit personally and professionaly from the experience.
Very fast paced environment, but enjoyable with a friendly staff and TV's to watch during down time
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: somtimes free lunch and tv's in the office helps break up some of the daily grind
Cons: can be overwhelming and sometimes thinner staff which can make it even more difficult
I review many applications on a daily basis, and I am responsible for analyzing all the information provided to me (sometimes have to dig further and get more information) in order to make an accurate, informed business decision for my company. The hardest part of my job is that it can be overwhelming sometimes with having to handle multiple duties and multiple things at once. It is also enjoyable to work at United Auto Credit with the interaction between staff members and the staff overall if very friendly and easy going. I am responsible for my own personal portfolio and for obtaining certain objectives and goals, but it is also can be a very team oriented environment as well when it comes to working with many different people on a daily basis, both within our own office and outside of it.
Ok place
Area Manager (Former Employee), USAApril 17, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: always on call, management disfunction
1. Have to always be available
2. Management can change at any point
3. No job security
4. Growth with no vision
alot of micro manage
Customer Service Representative/ Insurance Claims (Current Employee), Hurst, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: micro mange
nice co-workers enjoyed the biirthday parties•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Small, Close knit company
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed the fact that I could reach out to the CEO of the company and everything was very transparent and straight forward.
Management makes very bad decisions.
collections manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 15, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: revolving door. very weak management
It seems this company may be a good one. However in Mesa Az...management makes horrible decisions. High pressure and under performing. They haven't had a manager in months and, despite, several (more than qualified) candidates applied, the upper management team cannot seem to find the "right" person.

The pay is low, favoritism is all over the place and blatant. Hence their CEO attitude that he is "not affraid" of turn over. Rather then fix the issues....they just let you go.
Great fast paced work place
Front End Collector (Current Employee), Hurst, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Great work environment
compensated well for doing job.
Hardest part of job was staying motivated when speaking with irate customers
Great management team.
okay work place
Collection Manager (Former Employee), Hurst, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: salary
on the phone all day
learned about sub prime lending
some management good other bad
co workers were great
the hardest part of job no advancement
the most enjoyable was my co workers
Unreliable!
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2014
No room for advancement, great pay, but the company closed about 40 branches without notice. One day you were employed, the next the doors were locked
Wonderful place to work!
Senior Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2014
A fast paced, growing environment where you are given ample opportunity to build your skills and learn as much as possible in the financial services industry.

1 2 3 4

About United Auto Credit Corporation

Established in 1996, United Auto Credit has grown to become a national leader in non-prime automotive finance. Our core business – Read more

United Auto Credit Corporation Salaries