United Auto Credit Corporation Employee Reviews

Provided excellent training in auto loan servicing from credit to repossession
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2017
A typical day began with running daily reports to identify past due accounts, creating collection strategies, coordinating field chases, attending auto auctions and payment processing from walk in customers.

At UACC, I learned the auto loan business from crediting to repossession and/or bankruptcy. I was trained to represent the company during public auto auction sales, at court proceedings, and when conducting skip tracing and field chases to locate customers and vehicles.

The small office contained 8 associates who all had a specific role to run the branch. The atmosphere was friendly and we all worked together to meet deadlines or goals.

Management provided opportunities to learn the business and cross training opportunities were always available.

The hardest part of the job was repossessing vehicles from customers who were experiencing financial difficulties that were not of their own doing (sudden layoffs, illnesses, death in family, etc.) Repossessions were the final action taken after all other means of assistance were exhausted.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to educate customers on their credit and financial obligations. Some benefitted from the educational porting of the job by paying off UACC to obtain lower interest car loans.
Pros
The ability to work inside and outside of the office, friendly staff, work hours
Cons
Branch closings.
Competitive environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2017
very competitive environment. On average, you have to make two tho three hundredth call daily. Have to meet monthly standard goals. If goal is met, individual reward are given
Was a complete mess
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 23, 2017
Had an awesome direct manager but upper management is a disaster. The market declined and they stopped buying the paper we'd always sold and then blamed the sales force. Risk changed the buying model and it was like the faucet was turned off.
Typical Day
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Come in to work and start working accounts
skip tracing calling and locating vehicles
overtime required most days
we have diferent commitees to help out with the area that we live to give funds to kids and hurricane victims
Great place to work but declined rapidly
Dealer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 12, 2017
Rating speaks for itself.
Company was a great place to work in the 1st 9 months, then new leadership took over and changed the competitive program and blamed sales for the decline in market share.
Micro managers to the max.
Auto Customer Service/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 29, 2017
They do not offer raises what you start with is what you will end with unless you move to a different department. Managers under cut you and no growth
Pros
Provide events yearly
Cons
No raises
Productive and fun atmosphere
Collection/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2017
Had to opportunity to work with a diverse group of individuals. I worked as the collection supervisor. I had a team that was responsible for collecting on delinquent accounts.
Pros
Rewarding the staff monthly
Cons
n/a
Typical Day
Call back analyst/ Underwriter (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYMay 23, 2017
Fun atmosphere; room to grow but difficult hours. Good management and good co-workers, but work late hours which takes up the majority of the day. Good first job.
Review
Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 7, 2017
The good thing about this company is they really try to make it a fun work environment and they do a lot of events for the employees. The only complaint I would have is the pay. It's very low and they claim to not give raises.
Is the closest thing to High school
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXApril 10, 2017
I worked here for 1 year, you get paid enough and get nice bonuses every month. Managers are the worst, very unprofessional. Too much preferences in between their employees.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Upper management and supervisors
great coworkers not so good company
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 3, 2017
love the work family i had just no way to move up in company adn very low paying for the job. not enough room for advancement and a company with a rotating door when it came to hiring and firing
Great place to work and know that people have lives outside of work
CBA/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2017
I have been working here for about a year and a couple months. The pay is good, the benefits are great, and the work isn't too overwhelming (except during the tax season). My supervisors have always been nice and are there to support you whenever an emergency arises. This company truly understands that people have a life outside of work. They have a interest in keeping their employees happy. At this point I really don't have any complaints other than the choice they make in pizza toppings when they order for us!
Pros
Nice, dependable supervisors, good working environment
Cons
Schedule changes
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Telephony Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2017
Its cliched but its one of those places where I really do not want to leave but I feel I may have to for my own career growth. The company is still very much a family type culture which is rare to find.
Great Company
Credit Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 19, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Management is strong. Paid time off is always a nice plus. Work life balance is fair. Workplace culture is great. Paid lunches, etc.
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 27, 2016
I was the Collection Supervisor, when I was hired. After closing several offices, we went to a call center environment. We continued in this manner until the office was closed. I worked long hours for over a year. The collection department was centralized in California.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Salaried-No overtime
great training and job opportunity, but grew too fast and had to close down branches
Account representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 18, 2016
This company provided excellent training program and was a great place to work. Unfortunately, they expanded too rapidly in some areas placing more branches in some locations than demand required forcing them to have to close several branches after a few years. Employee's were notified of the closings only about two weeks in advance of the closings.
Good Bonus
Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2016
good bonuses, we bonus every month. This was pretty nice able to challenge yourself the month prior. This is a lot smaller company.
Family company really cares about your life outside of work
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2016
United Auto Credit is a great company to work for with a lot of room for growth within the company, they really take the time to care about your and giving back to the community all the time.
Pros
Really treats there employees fairly.
Cons
Not enough black employees working in the company anymore
Appreciated while you are there, not when you leave.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA 92660September 21, 2016
UAC has one of the best training programs I have been a part of. While you are there you are a valued employee and raved about if you are hitting goal. When you leave the company has a tendency to justify you leaving by undermining your performance and value to the company. There are also several agreements in place with similar lenders making it difficult to seek employment you consider advancing your career. I ran into this leaving UAC as well as interviewing and hiring Reps for other companies.
Work hard, self driven company
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 4, 2016
The goal is to create a constant new book of business (dealer base) for the company. The day to day work ranges from prospecting new dealers and customer application follow up to chasing compliance issues like late titles, buybacks, and customer defaults. Occasionally the internal rep will cover an external reps market which doubles the work load for the work described above which halts growth for a week or more. Management is a constant work in progress, but nevertheless is a work in "progress''. Manager's do not offer a clear business outlook for the company which creates a buffer for those employees trying to grow the company. The culture is great and almost all employee's are good friends which is the greatest, most enjoyable part of the job. There are some good opportunities with this company.
Pros
Free Coffee and the occasional free lunch
Cons
high deductible health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Auto Credit Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.