United Auto Delivery & Recovery Inc. Employee Reviews

Too many Chiefs
Repost (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 7, 2017
As a Repo Agent you are given a list of cars to recover and then you go out and recover them. This Company doesn't let you do that, instead they want to route you to each stop. Let me remind you this is a commission job you only make money if you find a car, so you can run a route all day and not make a dime. If you deviate from that route you get phone calls complaining that your not running the route given, doesn't matter if your making money or not, they want the route ran.

There are some good supervisors but there are way too many chiefs that interfere with your operation. For the amount of time you spend chasing cars the pay doesn't really equal out. I believe that this company once was a great company to work for but has become to big like every other company out there and lost touch with their employees as senior staff seem to be abandoning ship.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Pay, Too many people barking orders, Routes
Don't bother.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2017
You may work 14+ hrs a day and not pick up 1 car.
And that's everyday of the week.
For the amount of hrs your going to work, you'll be better off working a minimum wage job 40 hrs. a week.
It's just not worth it. You'll be chasing your tail with the outdated, worthless info that you are given to find your vehicles.
If your a twenty something year old kid that thinks it's stealing cars and you have no life, and any money is better than what your making, this is the job for you.
Pros
Nice people that I had contact with.
Cons
Pay potential.
Independent work environment
Independent Repossession Scanner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2017
My position was independent, however I worked very hard with little recognition. I worked as a part-time repossession scanner, but I had full-time hours- no benefits, no paid time-off, no bonus or raise possibility.
Cons
Part-time= worked full-time hours, no benefits, no paid time-out.
Ok company to work for. Not the best job
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 6, 2017
They pay men more than women, I think they look down on African American people. The pay is terrible especially for the amount of work they expect you to do.
Pros
Flexible on time
Cons
Pay, Vacation time, Management
Good Place to work
Data Entry/ Pre-Skip Coordinato (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2017
Very relaxed work place. Supervisors were very helpful and nice. Great team environment. Learned a lot about the auto recovery business. Would have stayed if pay was better.
Pros
Relaxed, casual environment
Cons
Pay, hardly any OT
Good PT job with no advancement opportunities
Lot Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 18, 2017
If you like cleaning out the nastiest of the nastiest cars to ever be repossessed then this is the job for you. People know if they stop paying their car payment that it will be repossessed sooner or later, why live in your car clean it out! Loved working independently, the only other employee I saw was actual repo man when he brought vehicles in, I worked a small lot and in a small to medium sized city but larger hubs have many employees; the majority of the time was independent. I normally came in saw the days requirements for transports , owner redemptions of personnel property and or vehicles and completed all required paperwork for the transporter to transport. If you don't like working outside in all weather types then his isn't the job for you, dress code was comfortable for the season of the year and what ever you didn't mind getting dirty while cleaning vehicles. not once did I have a disgruntled customer , their frustrations are normally towards the main office and when they get directions to the lot for their cars or property they are calm and appreciative of taking care of their stuff.

No upward mobility , if you are looking for that or a career , keep moving. I was only looking for P/T work to fill my time.

The management was ok.

For P/T , redundant , no brains required work this is it.
Pros
P/t, worked independently, the technology aspect of the repo business
Cons
Low pay, no advancement or pay raises, ever.
Dirty job but somebody has to do it
Lot Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Removing peoples property from their repossessed vehicles was not always a pleasant job. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they keep the interior of their cars. Most people are pigs! Some weren't too bad. The job all in all was fun. You find some pretty interesting items in people's cars occasionally. The people that work there are awesome. KC management staff are top notch. Corporate management were OK. The pay was very disappointing. I had to ask for raises/demand raises.

Winter sucked with no shelter to clean the cars out.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
work conditions and pay
A fun place to work in a laid back environment.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2017
I love my job with United Auto Recovery. The atmosphere is very laid back and a typical day is full of laughter. The management tries to be personable. The compensation is mediocre but could be worse.
Pros
free lunches, fun atmosphere
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Good job
CSR/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2016
Very good company. This company is great and they take very good of there employees. Good money. The excitement overall of repo is very exciting and adrenaline
Benefits
Cons
Don't work on saturdays
A day at work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2016
A busy day however it is a lot of fun and I have the BEST BOSE. Management is working with the employees to provide a better culture so they keep good quality people.
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay