United Bank Employee Review

Underwhelmed
Full Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 18, 2013
I was really looking forward to working for this company and starting what I had hoped would turn into a life long career. United gave me the worst first impression I have ever had of a job. Between the disorganization and having managment talk to me like I was four, I was very underwhelmed. After only working there for two months, I knew I needed to find somewhere else to buile a career. The final straw was when a co-worker was promoted because she was pretty (very nice and very promising as an employee, but still pretty) after only having worked there for two weeks...the worst part, they made no attempt to hide the fact that her promotion was due to looks. Not impressed at all.
Pros
work hours, holiday and sick pay, benifits.
Cons
management, values (or lack thereof).

Other United Bank Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Retail Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2018
The culture at United Bank is very toxic. They are not very good at growing the bank organically so they target smaller banks in their footprint to increase deposit size. The new customers and employees soon find out why United can't grow and they soon leave. Very qualified employees and excellent customers just end up going to different banks.The issues they have are poor middle management that lacks vision, low employee morale and poor compensation.
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 29, 2017
Management is joke. They either have no idea what they're doing or they treat you like you're dumb for asking for help with something. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you are in the clique. The pay is horrible. The only good thing about this job was the amount of paid vacation and holidays you get and the health insurance plans were very reasonable.
Pros
Paid time off and health care plans.
Cons
Management was not very well trained, no advancement opportunities, and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.