United Bank Employee Reviews

Fast Paced yet fun
Interactive Teller (Current Employee) –  Zebulon, GADecember 11, 2017
A typical day a t work usually is just a repeat of the day before. I learned alot. Management was good. The culture was usually fun and social. Hardest part was dealing with angry customers.
Quiet. Worked in the basement of the bank.
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVDecember 3, 2017
I worked in the Wire Transfer Department in the basement of the building. Quiet environment with 3 other employees. A lot of computer work which I loved. My degree from college consisted of computer work.
Enjoyed working for United Bank
FINANCIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 3, 2017
Appreciated United Bank giving me a opportunity to work for them . This was the start of my banking career.The management that I worked under is no longer working for this company
Benefits
Cons
Having to work all day on Sat. And Sunday
Friendly environment, client driven
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2017
I was a summer intern after my junior year of college. It was a very friendly environment where current employees spent significant time helping us learn. The management was very friendly. I would highly recommend United Bank as a potential employer.
Community Bank helping their customers
Vice-President Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester, CTOctober 18, 2017
At United Bank, I was able to participate in lots of training and on the job skills. This was due to the Manager's position having many hats on a day to day basis. I have my Mortgage Loan Originator license (MLO) due to my experience taking mortgage and home equity applications which is a skill I use today.
I enjoyed working with our customers, understanding the needs of the community, and the networking at events.
Pros
Networking, training
United Bank
Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 17, 2017
The company does not stress its employees to make sales goals but you still have to make them. The pay is not fair and there are no incentives and the annual raises are an insult.
great opportunities for advancement
Branch Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTSeptember 26, 2017
Positive work culture that supports its staff to grow personally and professionally. Good pay with great benefits. Fast-paced with the opportunity to learn many aspects of the industry.
Workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 22, 2017
United Bank was one of my first jobs. I loved it at first, but after working there several years I started to notice unless you were somebody important you would never advance to anything. Or also if your family wasn't important in the community. The people that I worked with in the office were great and my manager there was amazing. The upper management is where it lacked and when you could really tell unless you "were somebody" they didn't really care about you. So after realizing that I decided it was time to move on.
Pros
Great work envrionment as far as the office I worked in.
Cons
Upper Managemen's lack of communication and caring for frontline associates.
Okay Place To Work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 21, 2017
If the manager is good, you'll be fine. The manager really makes it or breaks it in banking. Not a bad company to work for, don't hesitate applying. :)
So-So
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 13, 2017
I was hired in one part of town, not long after being hired I was informed the office was relocating to a congested area where it would take me three times as long to commute back and forth from my job.
Lower Level Bank
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 6, 2017
There was no structure. Your upper management won't do anything to help you, neither will back office support. They want you to exceed sales goals without the tools to do so.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Everything else
job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 25, 2017
The employees are good to work with, but for me I have no room for growth. The job here is not hard If you need some challenges this is not the place for you.
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
no growth
Low paying/ small room for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 24, 2017
Good place to build resume for young people. The salary is low compared to other banks. I was talked to about advancement, and then upper level management pulled the job offer.
Overall a nice place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 24, 2017
However, senior/upper management has no idea how the lower level jobs work. They do not give the tellers enough credit for the work that they do and they do not give the managers that do work overtime while not being paid the credit that they deserve (salaried managers).
This job was not for me. I didn't like the "Sales" aspect of the position.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVAugust 21, 2017
There is a lot of turnover and I think the sales pressure and the scorecard system was the main reason. Due to the turnover staffing was always short and overtime was not allowed so this made it difficult to schedule coverage for the branch.
Pros
Employees worked well together as a team.
Cons
Benefits were a plus
Help customer to listen their problem and solve the.
Senior Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 14, 2017
Take care customer, sell the right product what customer need and good for them and educated them, open account for customer, daily deposit, cash a check, payment for loan pay, mortgage, credit card.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 7, 2017
It was very fun place to work manager was very nice and helpful always there whenever you need her. I will defianetly recommend for this bank and this position
Great Place to Work
Facilities Specialist, Sr (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 7, 2017
United Bank has taught me so much about facility management. My co-workers are excellent to work with. Benefits are amazing. Management is very flexible and understanding.
Great place to start
Senior Commercial Credit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTAugust 5, 2017
Great environment with many knowledgeable co-workers, however there is little room for advancement. Offers little in terms of training. Would recommend starting a career here.
very stressful and the manager/supervisor are very inconsiderate...
Associate II (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 28, 2017
I used to love and enjoy working their but since the previous manager and most of my co workers are gone and was replaced by different people it was sad to say that it was stressful and very unprofessional work related and dress code are terrible.
Pros
I learned a lot and previous year it was fun working.
Cons
short breaks and manager are terrible won't recommend working their.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.