United Bank

United Bank United States Employee Reviews

Very positive work environment.
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee), Bay Minette, ALApril 7, 2015
My job at this company was perfect for me. I was able to use the skills I had learned over my working life including the skills I learned as a real estate agent in evaluating properties and my accounting knowledge when reading financial statements. I enjoy the family atmosphere and the people I work with.
working with customers
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTApril 2, 2015
Pros: money and talking with customesrs
Cons: did not want to be supervisor just teller
taking out a teller drawer and counting cash. Handling the vault and ATM. Waiting on customers cashing checking or making deposits or withdrawals. Talking to people to find out their need and wants.
A great place to work!!!!
Retail Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Springdale, ARMarch 31, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: They don't work very well with full time college students that have changing class schedules
I learned several skills at this job, that I still use in my everyday life. The customers and managers are very friendly and encourage a learning environment. My co-workers were amazing and very friendly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new changes.
Former Employee
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Management
Learned about loan documentation and exception management. Management bullied its department and its management style was supported by the executive management. Coworkers were helpful and understanding. Hardest part of the job was the disparate treatment amongst coworkers and the manager referring to the department as the United Nations. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to document loans.
Working at United
Corporate Administrative Loan Assistant (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: stable company and good vacation and sick leave
Cons: healthcare price and minimal raises
My day at United is always full. I receive calls, emails and walk ins from customer and other employee for assistant. The typical day is started with checking emails and voicemails and giving responses. The remainder of the day is spent completing approvals, ordering title work, appraisals, flood determinations and insurance. I also gathering other information that is needed to process the loan, such as, financial statements, tax returns and for businesses profit and loss statements and balance sheet. I work on exceptions that have incurred as well as delinquencies and maturities. I use multiply systems to provide the best customer service I can. I really enjoy helping others. I have learned a lot while working at United. There a few things that really stick out though. I believe that a company succeeds when their team works together and works for their customers. I have learned that regulations and policies can change on a daily basis and that you have to learn them quick and move forward. The hardest part about the job is when you are not able to help someone and you have to turn them down or calling customers who are late on their payments.
Decent
Sales Associate, Bank Teller (Current Employee), Westmoreland, WVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: some customers bring you gifts and treat you very well.
Cons: other customers are terrible with their finances and blame you and the bank.
People make the job, you work very closely with other tellers and customers are either extremely friendly and make your day or yell at you for doing your job. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help people with their money.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee), Charleston,WVFebruary 4, 2015
Worked too many hours. They never gave us a lunch period. I was pregnant at the time and I was having complications and it was a hassle for me to go to the emergency room. The branch was rain terribly!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: experience builder, great exposure
Cons: limited availability of positions to advance into
I thoroughly enjoyed working for United Bank. There are opportunities to grow within the company. I worked with a great group of individuals and met an interesting array of people.Daily work included completing financial transactions, establishing and maintaining relationships with clients, generating referral business, and marketing the banks products and services. The company requires a number of referrals and new business from its tellers and it can be a bit difficult during slow periods. Participating in the marketing events within the bank and interacting with the customers would be the most enjoyable part.
Best job environment ever
Post Closer - Temporary Assignment through Aerotek (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Comfortable atmosphere to work
Management always available and helpful
Friendly and flexible work atmosphere
Commercial Card Specialist/Teller (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: not enough staffing
Work days started at 8am and typically ended around 5pm, with some overtime. We used the time, when not busy answering phones and offering customer service/support, to do our filing and file maintenance. In my department we all got along and would help one another whenever needed.
Good working place.
Relationship Associate (Current Employee), Blue Area, IslamabadJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks, gym
- As its my first job so i have learnt alot like to deal with the clients,multiple tasking at a time, to satisfy the customer through products, to manage the good raport with the collegues, also manage the good raport with the other departments collegues like RCAD & Corporate Branch.
-My Bank's management is also good and supportive.
-My co-workers are also very supportive and always helps me whenever i needs the help.
-Less incentives.
- Fun with collegues.
Overall Good Company
Sales & Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule; benefits including vacation, sick leave, 401k
Cons: pay & incentives
United Bank is a great place to kick start your career in banking. Co workers are exceptional. Management is very approachable. The best part of this company is the feeling of a work family.
Fresenius Medical Care
Human Resources Receptionist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 29, 2014
Love the experience of working in this center enjoyed the staff and patients.
Regional Bank with Small Town Flavor
Training and Development (Former Employee), Vienna, VADecember 22, 2014
Virginia, DC, and MD market segments great to work for. Management in these markets is superb.
A good expeirence
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVOctober 4, 2014
Pros: nice benefits great oppurtunity and nice learning expierence
Cons: poor management unfair treatment co workers unable to help me
I would help customers with questions and their accounts, I also handled large amount of cash,cashed checks,processed deposits, and helped new customers open accounts and also gave information on the accounts and what we had to offer.
The atmosphere was not for me and also felt as if i was treated unfair.
I did not see much improvement in the management of the institution.
Worked here when it was Virginia Commerce Bank
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 24, 2014
The community banks are best to start with you get to meet your local people and they are the one that become your regular clients. I started of as a part time teller and ended up being a CSR and helped all the mangers I worked with. I worked at 8 different locations. I loved every moment of it. c
Productive and fun place to work
Bank Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed working with my team. My coworkers were encouraging and helpful. Management was professional as well as helpful in any type of questions or concerns you may have. The hardest part of the job for me was learning to use the computer system. I enjoyed the aspect of banking though very much and found the training that was given prior to my actual starting of the job was very beneficial to me learning the ropes.
On the decline
Portfolio Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
The work culture is not great. The bank has not kept up with the times. No a lot of opportunities to advance
Productive workplace
Wealth Management (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVAugust 21, 2014
Very busy with many different projects. Every day is something new and different.
Talking to customers and make there banking easy
Teller (Current Employee), LEESBURG, VAMay 21, 2014
- Handling daily operations- deposits and withdrawals.
- Helping in branch Administration duties; balancing the vault, branch, and the ATM.

1 2 3