United Bank

United Bank Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Bank Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed working with my team. My coworkers were encouraging and helpful. Management was professional as well as helpful in any type of questions or concerns you may have. The hardest part of the job for me was learning to use the computer system. I enjoyed the aspect of banking though very much and found the training that was given prior to my actual – more... starting of the job was very beneficial to me learning the ropes. – less
On the decline
Portfolio Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
The work culture is not great. The bank has not kept up with the times. No a lot of opportunities to advance
Productive workplace
Wealth Management (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVAugust 21, 2014
Very busy with many different projects. Every day is something new and different.
My Job
Relationship manager (Current Employee), LagosMay 11, 2014
Pros: networking and learning opportunities
Cons: lack of job/life balance
my day starts by 7:30am, after the meeting that lasts for 30mins, after which I prepare my call plan for the day i.e. places/customers i need to visit and call that lasts for 15mins. I handle the needed documentations required in the office and then head out for marketing.

I learned good time management, planning, good relationship management, a good – more... team player, taking responsibilities and problem solving skills.

I enjoy working with my co-workers because they are nice individuals, good team players and fun to work with and they are also ready to impact knowledge. – less
Reconciliation/Control Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 8, 2014
Reconciliation/Control Specialist

United Bank - Chantilly, VA - November 2007 to Present
•Balance internal general ledger accounts and demand deposit accounts.
•Reconcile Federal Reserve accounts, Brinks and Wells Fargo Accounts, etc
•Control necessary and unexpected transactions in each account.
•Balance general ledger account for all branches, assist – more... branch managers in reconciling their cost center general ledger daily. – less
Sucky managment
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Enfield, CTMay 1, 2014
Commnication and management was very poor between retail and higher ups.
Software Banking System
Full time Software developer & Analyst (Current Employee), Al JīzahApril 13, 2014
Programming Language: RPG, VB.6, .Net , and Java.

Technologies/Systems :AS400 ,IBM Web Sphere v.8 , Netbeans ,WebShpere MQ and .Net 2008

Core Bank System : Equation
Enjoyed the face to face meetings with customers and networking
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Enfield, Ct. 06082February 5, 2014
Pros: award gifts for outstanding skills.
Cons: disicline employees for errors made.
Reports
Sale calls
networking
Review Emails
Return Phone calls from current and new customers
Meetings
Make time for employees that need help
Annual Test online (Bankers Training)
Review Loan applications
Close loans
Cold Calling
Marketing sales of products to attract customers.
Day to Day scheduling of new contacts
calling on current customers to make – more... sure that all is well.
Other jobs that come up on a daily basis no included above. – less
Great atmosphere.
Vice President & Treasurer (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2014
Plenty of opportunity in advancement over the years.
Company is currently in a merger agreement with Rockville Bank
Advancment within the company
Head Teller, Branch Specialist, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ruckersville, VAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: driving distance
Open the branch. Balance General Ledgers, Sales, Customer interaction, phone calls, CD, accounts, Investments.
Amazing
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Beckley, WVDecember 31, 2013
I loved the job but I was married at the time and wanted time with my children.
Wonderful bank to work for!
Lead Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great incentives for employes.
Loved working there, hated to leave. Learned so much in deposit operations and compliance.
Productive and professional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVNovember 5, 2013
8:30-4:30

Accept deposits, verify cash and endorsements, cash checks, issue withdrawals, and accept loan and credit card payments.

Prepare individual daily statement of associate cash and proof transactions.

Refer and sell all United products.
overall, ok-good place to work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: good co-workers, semi-relaxed atmosphire
Cons: very gossipy, a lot of drama
supervisor wasn't around much, looking in so we were pretty much left on our own. Didn't really hear from her unless she needed something or she needed to talk to us about something
Great Place to work
AVP (Current Employee), AlabamaAugust 5, 2013
Good people and a great place to work. Everyone gets along very well.
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellaire, OHJuly 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible pay, poor treatment of customers and employees
Lot of great people at the front lines, but they never stay due to the very POOR management! No room for honest hard working individuals; they just promote those in the "in" crowd, or family. No room for individual thinkers as all they want are "yes men."
A billion dollar community bank located in middle Georgia consisting of seven counties.
Vice President - Special Assets Division (Current Employee), Zebulon, GAJune 22, 2013
A well run, capitalized bank, that met the needs of the communities that were served.
Great Place to Work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Griffin, GAJune 12, 2013
This company is one of the greatest companies to work for and they are growing by the day.
A great place to work with excellent benefits
BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAJune 12, 2013
Pros: my customers, my tellers, cash handling, balancing, attention to detail, keep branch running efficiently
Cons: over abundance of paperwork, less time spent with my customers, branch was shortstaffed, cross-selling
I was responsible for opening the branch according to policy and procedure. I had 2-3 tellers that I supervised. Time management was a big part of my day. Depending on the day and the time of month there were audits to done on a monthly basis, the Branch and ATM along with each of the teller drawers were balanced daily. Training was done on an ongoing – more... basis. Logs were kept, It was my responsibility to make sure that my branch was in accordance with Bank policies and procedures at the Bank, State and Federal levels. Once a month I attended a Branch Operations Supervisor meeting. Performed all Teller functions on a daily basis. Customer Service and cash handling were a very big part of my job. – less
Work together as a team
Loan Processor/Clerk (Former Employee), Atmore, AlabamaJune 3, 2013
Pros: christmas lunches and open houses.
Cons: no room for advancement. no raises. no respect from high management.
I learned at my last job it is so important to work together at a team. One person can not do it all and if we all work together it will greatly benefit the customer and their experience with your business. Too, you can learn so much from others and they can learn from you. When you have a great work environment, each person feels good about their job – more... and being with their co-workers, making you more productive links in the chain.

At my last job, I had the best supervisor. She did not ask us to do anything she would not do. And she always stepped in where she was needed as did all of those in my department. Our supervisor lead by example and that is the kind of employee we should all strive to be.

The hardest part of my last job was keeping the workload manageable. More employees were needed in my department, but funds were not available to hire more. With keeping "our nose to the grind-stone" it was still very difficult to keep our head above the water. None of the employees in my department were afraid of work, it just took every effort to maintain balance.

I really enjoyed joking with my fellow co-workers. We were like sisters. We had fun while "taking care of business." – less