United Bank Employee Reviews in United States

see previous
Mortgage Lending Assistant/Teller (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 31, 2016
Worked a supervisor position but was not compensated supervisor wages. Took an advanced position in lending, but was not properly trained.
United Bank
Teller/Back up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, WVMarch 15, 2016
Fun place to work. I thought the pay wasn't enough for the responsibility that we had. Running the proof at the end of the day was challenging when you didn't balance and you would have to figure out where the mistake was.
Challenging
Universal Employee II (Current Employee) –  Zebulon, GAFebruary 27, 2016
After 7 years I was finally promoted to a different department. A lot of my co workers are great. I still am able to assist some of my existing customers at the ITM.
Fun and productive place to work. Team atmosphere.
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, CTFebruary 25, 2016
The management team and staff worked well together to make customers dreams come true in buying a home. The best part of my job was meeting with people and helping them choose a product that fit their needs, whether it was a mortgage, line of credit, personal or business checking account, consumer loan or opening their first savings account. I have established many personal and professional relationships through my time working for the bank.
Family-oriented workplace
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALFebruary 19, 2016
United is a great place to work, overall. They are very family oriented and are one of the most flexible employers I've had in scheduling.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to work. Diverse company. Great co-workers who love to see one another strive and grow. Really understanding and caring upper management. Corporate offices is in a great location, tons of restaurants nearby to treat a co-worker to lunch.
Great people, but understaffed and underpaid
Senior Relationship Associate (Teller Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 30, 2016
I feel that the people at the company are all very nice and helpful. My direct team that I work with are all wonderful. However, the technology needs to catch up and there is a major staffing issue. I also feel I am very underpaid for the work that I do. As staffing issues increased, I have taken on more responsibilities and feel I am not recognized or compensated for it.
Enjoyed the work
Wealth Management/Trust Operations Processor (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 29, 2016
I love working with numbers and the customers. I love the challenge of doing the different tasks at hand. The most enjoyable part of my day is when my balance sheet, at the end of the day, balances out.
Poor Management, stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVJanuary 24, 2016
Small town branch, lots of gossip and favoritism. Supervisor turned her head to issues and favored one employee more than others. Not a healthy work environment. This particular branch was true to every stereotype of a small town. Would never be a teller again.
A Company That Cares About Its Customers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 9, 2015
United Bank is a bank to keep an eye out for in the banking industry. Its dedication to its customer base is shown through the constant updating of products and customer service.

What I miss most about United Bank was the employee experience of my peers and management. While keeping up with the constant demand of change, people would assist one another by training into multiple roles in the department. Management would do its best to accommodate at home life and always presented extra opportunities to grow as an individual.
Pros
Advanced Learning Opportunities, Job Security, Great People, Great Advancement Path in Retail
Cons
Long Hours (40+ even if not salaried), Health & Dental Insurance, Limited Advancement Path in Back Offices
Good work family but very low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GANovember 8, 2015
A great group of people to work with but very few opportunities for advancement. Low salaries and very small yearly pay increases.
Typical bank. all about profit
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 1, 2015
Not so much for employees. Very limited career advancement opportunities. Growing bank but unfortunately not a lot of opportunity for employees.
Pros
growing bank
Cons
not so growing career opportunities
Banking is just not my desired Career path.
Retail Banking Employee (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 24, 2015
If you are in banking and you want a nice place to work, overall i do not think this is a horrible place to work by any means. Have a lot of co-workers with different banking backgrounds and they truly enjoy this better than other banks.

The incentive program is a joke for a sales oriented job. Retail staff does not get compensated as good as back office personnel when they are bringing in all the revenue.
A very versatile job that keeps you busy every day
VP-Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 13, 2015
Learned a lot and have received training for many new products and services.
Able to provide excellent customer service. Have a large following of loyal customers.
Larger company equals more responsibility and goals and deadlines.
Pros
benefits, geographically desirable
Cons
not enough department support. Morale is not good.
very uncomfortable environment
Sales Associate/Teller II (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at United Bank was very uncomfortable for me. Manager didn't seem to care much for me and never understood why so I finally couldn't take much more met with my regional manager and couldn't get moved to another branch so I resigned. very unfortunate, I loved that job but, couldn't take the daily verbal abuse.
Hard to make a living
BSA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 31, 2015
Hard to understand how they can justify paying their employees 1/3 of the national average. Average pay in America is over $60,000 a year. United pays us $26,000
Pros
Create my own schedule
Cons
Not enough money to break poverty level
fun to help customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alliance, ohio 44601July 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at the bank because i had an amazing boss and i love working with the public and 'im very good with monies,. I meet lots of people from the town and enjoyed assisting them with their finances.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
It was a fun happy family type enviroment with room to grow.
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 3, 2015
United Bank was a great place to work. My co-workers were friendly and everyone helped each other. I sorted and delivered mail daily along with processing outgoing mail. Organized archived material and delivered items when requested by co-workers. I also helped in the file room or wherever else I was needed.
Great Holiday bonuses. The staff was wonderful.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Absarokee, MTJune 1, 2015
It was hard to promote in this branch. It was a local branch and no room to grow. I enjoyed the local small town feel. It was a much slower paced bank then the one I worked at previously.
Pros
Great local bank.
Cons
No room to grow.
Great place to work, little room for advancement
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVMay 7, 2015
This is a great job with great benefits, however the timeline for advancement is too large compared to the pay. I love the customer interaction that comes with this job, and the busy work makes the day go by faster. Overall it's a great company unless you're looking to move forward in a career in just a few years.