United Bank Employee Reviews

Great work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVMarch 9, 2017
I love working for United Bank. It has a family atmosphere, you're not just another number with this company. They care about their employees and treat them great. Great working environment, hours, and company!!
Great workplace
Loan Processor, Sr (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMarch 9, 2017
Wonderful company to work for and they care about you and your family.The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with co-workers that I genuinely care about and they care about me as well.
I liked being a bank teller.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, MAFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed the customer interaction. It was nice meeting different people and getting to know them. I liked the checks and balances involved with that position.
Pros
It's a great job if you are a "people" person.
Cons
It isn't a great paying job.
Good benefits
CDFI Program Manager/Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atmore, ALJanuary 30, 2017
Benefits that were offered are compatible to other companies located within a 20 mile radius. Very community minded and most employees participated in these activities
ok
Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2017
Growing Company so room for growth but company is shifting away from the community banking feel into a big box company. I know a profit needs to be made but you can't grow and expect to keep the core fundamentals and foundation of what it was built on.
Pros
co workers
Cons
Upper Management truly does not take the time to find what works with branch and customers
United Bank
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVJanuary 9, 2017
It is ok to work for. I would go back if I had to. The compensation was ok. The management was allowed to treat people any way they wanted.
Pros
breaks and lunches were not scheduled for you
Cons
the management
easy and comfortable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 2, 2017
friendly place to work, good management and co workers, most customers are nice, learning alot of new things about ruls
Pros
easy job
Cons
low payment
worked through merger with Rockville bank.
Financial Advisor, AVP (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 2, 2017
no leadership, over promised, cultural inside the bank was very negative. Never received referrals from the branches. The bank went from a customer service environment to sales enviroment which the bank branches did not embrace.
Good Place to work
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 21, 2016
United Bank has been my home for several years. They have strong attention to customer service and policy. Only reason I am looking for another job is that I am ready to move up in the banking industry
Stable job environment with reliable benefits
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 14, 2016
Overall good company with the exception of well below average compensation rates. Stable environment with good co-workers. Great place for grads starting out to get experience but they always move on to more money elsewhere.
good place to work
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 29, 2016
it was a great place to work the people are friendly the hours are steady.the benefits are well worth while and there is always a chance to further your career within the company
United Bank
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 1, 2016
United Bank allowed for job advancement. My fellow teammates were great to work with. I was able to learn many aspects of day to day banking at the branch level along with loans and account openings and basic maintenance.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Too many buyouts
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative, I (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, OHOctober 23, 2016
United Bank is all about customer service. They have great benefits and the people I have worked with at several offices have all been great. I would recommend working for this company.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
no overtime
A fast paced and progressive organization.
Senior Vice President, Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 12, 2016
A very progressive organization. Fast moving with many initiatives. Advancement opportunities. Hardest part of the job is keeping up.
Pros
Acquiring new skills potential.
Cons
Fast pace allows little time for self development or team progression.
Busy call center. Had sufficient training.
Customer Consultant I (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 27, 2016
Decent managers. We're giving scripts and information as needed to manage incoming calls appropriately. However, I would say the communication between middle upper middle and upper management had severe breaks that negatively impacted customers.
Pros
Occassionaly lunches. Training opportuntities.
Cons
On the phone non stop, not having enough team leads to assist with difficult calls or calls that need escalation.
Wonderful place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 12, 2016
The company offers plenty of educational avenues to give you the tools to succeed.
Management works well with branches establishing attainable goals.
Employees that work there are wonderful, sometimes reaching people you need to takes a little longer than it should, but all in all they will bend over backwards to help.
My most enjoyable part of my day was working with my customer, learning about there lives and families. Connecting with my customers and truly caring about there financial well being and helping them achieve it, was very satisfying.
work was enjoyable, but company needed improvement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 4, 2016
I would go in unlock and count the vault. Then open my drawer and count it. When the doors opened my main focus was on customer service. Once a week I would go out to the ATM machine and collect the money left in it, go inside and gather the balancing sheets for the ATM and balance and fill the machine back up. At days end, which was around 1 P.M. I would balance the vault and my drawer. If I or any one else wouldn't balance, the head teller and I would go through paper work and recount drawer to find the balancing mistake.At the end of work shift I would take my drawer and put in it proper place in vault.

While working at United Bank I learned how to manage properly in a professional way to take care of customers and their financial needs. I learned how to write up traveler checks and cashier checks. I also came to realize how important bank tellers are to customers. People really tend to depend on certain tellers with their money, they will even stand in line just so they can have that certain teller.This meant a lot to me, knowing that I had special customers which liked me so much that they trusted me with their money.

Management at the branch I worked in was awesome. They always went far and beyond their call of duty. They always had morning meetings before the doors opened to make sure everyone was up to date on the newest technology that was needed to perform daily duties and to let everyone open up if there was a problem they weren't aware of. They really tried to make each day as stress free as possible.

Co-workers were fantastic. Everyone worked together
  more... to make the day enjoyable and the customers happy We had excellent team work.

The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out where a mistake took place if you weren't in balance.

I really enjoyed this job. I liked working with the customers and with the money. It was an awesome job.

, .
Pros
great people, enjoyable work
Cons
pay wasn't good, insurance was way to expensive
Stressful work, safe if you are careful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2016
Working at any bank has much more cons than pros. The knowledge that you can be robbed every single day you walk adds a layer of stress to an already high strung situation. Then there's making absolutely sure every number adds up, every identification is checked, every paper is precise. There is no room for mistakes, and any one you make can take days to fix.
On the plus side, the environment can be somewhat calming. The I-Street location is not usually packed with customers and there is considerable down time. Along with the internet access and being to see and hear every customer that comes in, that makes this a good place of work for people who are in school.
Pros
Quiet calm atmosphere, routine work, good hours
Cons
very stressful
short time of employment
Sale Associate Sr (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2016
Very short time of the employment does not allow to make real decision about opportunity to learn, to get experience, growing and etc.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breakes
customer service
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 29, 2016
At my current position as Service Specialist I have constant customer contact which I love as I love working and helping people. I take any courses available to learn all that I can to do the best job that I can and I always want to learn something new. As far as co-workers go, I feel that I get along with everyone and try to make my day a wonderful experience and work as a team to help wherever and whenever I can. The only hardest part of my job being that currently it is sales oriented is trying to gain new customers in a very quiet and slow banking branch so I take every opportunity I can to offer ever customer I come in contact with an account or solution to help better their banking experience. My most enjoyable part of my job again is helping people and the customer experience.
Pros
health care benefits, sales compensation
Cons
no complaints at this time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

76%