United Biosource Corporation Employee Reviews

poor place to ork
Field Reimbursement Specialist - West Region (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
They do not support there employees! big management turn over. Poor communication. They allow the clients to run the business. Not a positive place. Your opinion does not matter.
United BioSource
Registered Nurse- Clinical Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 30, 2017
United BioSource
Clinical Health Specialist
Telephonic RN
Handled calls for a busy call center, whose client was a drug manufacturer
Anticipated patient needs and relayed latest currect medical studies results
Anticipated adverse events and recorded information for the Food and Drug Administration
The need for consistency
Program Supervisor - Client Services (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMarch 27, 2017
UBC pays fairly well for the job you do and the work can be very rewarding. However, they have a huge issue with consistency in how they rate, promote and manage people. There is clearly no set standard except who you know and who knows you when looking at someone for promotion. I have seen good workers get passed over and no so good workers get promoted. Working hard and doing what is right should always be the standard. The training provided to new hires or promoted employees is little to none but you are certainly evaluated on your performance in the end. I wish there was more one could do to change this within the company but it is a corporate environment.
Pros
Good Pay, Rewarding work
Cons
Inconsistent work enviroment, Family work balance
Work from Home Position
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 25, 2017
The health insurance plans offered are not good--they all have high deductibles and high premiums. Raises do happen annually, but they are more like cost of living increases than merit raises.

The work itself is repetitive but okay. It is a lot of phone work. Even when you have time scheduled off the phones, there are outbound calls to make.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Benefits, micromanagement
Company
SUPERVISOR, PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
Lack of Structure
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2016
There is a true lack of structure. The owners are always there but are unaware of what goes on with their employees. With that being a factor, this allowed many employees to feel they could do whatever they wanted and led many to believe they could supervise/manage other employees.
Poor management, low morale
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 6, 2016
Management was terrible. Decisions were always made on a favoritism basis versus a qualification basis. Very low morale among non-management staff.
A very Stressful work environment with extremely unprofessional managers.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 15, 2016
Being recognized for your job performance is dependent on whether you are liked, related to someone there or have friends working there. If you do have connections you can be lousy at your job and still be treated good. If you have an opinion or disagree with management and you are not a favorite your days are numbered there.
Pros
Paid time off is excellent.
Cons
Medical insurance offered has very high deductibles.
Employees help each other.
Clinical Data Entry and Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 9, 2015
Training needs improvement. Most of the people in class thought training was insufficient. It wasn't until one actually got on the floor and received advise from experienced representatives that things actually
clicked.
It would have been better to just be trained by the employees themselves.
Pros
Company ordered lunches for employees often.
Cons
Training was very confusing for most.
Patient and Product Oriented but friendly and energetic place to work
Document Control Specialist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 18, 2015
Fun work place with on the job training. Motivated employee days such as bake sales, charity benefits or just a cookout.
Pros
Free parking, casual dress code unless visitors on site
Cons
last minute deadlines
Enjoy working in the community
Clinical Educator/Injection Trainer (Current Employee) –  Travel from my home to different locations.October 14, 2015
I enjoy working Per diem for this company.
I like to work independently.
I like scheduling my day, and educating patients and their families.
Pros
Like working on my own schedule
Cons
Not having a consistent income.
Overview
Case Manager, interim Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 13, 2015
Worked for this company and had to leave due to relocating. Upon learning that I would be back in the area was offered position back. Since returning to company received a lateral promotion
Senior Reimbursement Specialist
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 12, 2015
Management is less than knowledgeable about the job performed. Helping patients is the highlight of the day. Co-workers are the best! I have learned more about insurance reimbursement and what goes on behind the scenes to get a patient's insurance approved for a new drug. On the job training.
Pros
Salary
fast paced
National Telephonic Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2015
So much to learn in this fast paced environment. Doctors really cared about the patients. Up to date on the latest technology.
Assistant to Senior Operations Manager
Assistant to Senior Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2015
Handled all operation issues domestic and international. Handled expense reports, payroll, pcards, and also assisted the HR Manager with any human resource issues.
Glad to have a job when other industries were in a decline.
Paralegal/Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase and Bethesda, MDAugust 23, 2015
My initial hiring manager was great but unfortunately they left the company and the job satisfaction decreased after that. Company has changed hands many times. I think there is a lack of appreciation.
Pros
Cons
Appreciation
productive work place, lacking communication
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 23, 2015
job atmosphere was relatively calm and collected and family style. Lack of communication was downfall. There was room to grow and your opinions were generally accepted. Good insurance compensation.
Opportunity
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 7, 2015
As representatives of our client, my team and I perform all functions of the Hub in a manner consistent with our client’s commitment to their product and patients. In other words, we do whatever it takes to see that patients receive their medication and have the support needed to stay on medication.Together, we create strong relationships, we develop alignment among all stakeholders and
we act as one team, with a joint vision.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement
Dull and repetitive
Clinical Site Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2015
The environment is boring and repetitive. The managers instill a "big brother" mentality where you feel like they are waiting for you to do something wrong instead of encouraging you to grow in the industry.
Pros
Free PB&Js provided
Cons
Every other aspect of the company.
Great
Safety Data Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 27, 2015
When busy very busy. Deadlines and compliance, time management, filing and data entry. I learned a whole new skill set in Drug Safety.
My team members were the best. Many are not just co-workers but have become friends.
Hardest part can be stressful.
Most enjoyable working with a team that works together.
Pros
teamwork