United Blood Services

United Blood Services United States Employee Reviews

Fun productive environment
Call Agent (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 11, 2015
Pros: Gaining professional skills
Cons: Expensive foods
A positive environment of people working toward one goal of saving lives through the callings of previous blood donors through the united states.
Best Boss Ever
Administrative Assistant / Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 18, 2015
I worked at UBS for over ten years, and my direct supervisor, the Medical Director, was THE BEST boss I've ever had! The job was challenging; but my supervisor recognized my abilities and continually provided me with additional opportunities to be challenged. Great job.
relaxed work place
Donor Recruiter (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 12, 2015
Called to recruit previous donors to donate. Briefed members of services and locations. Enjoyed being able to conserve with co works in between calls. Also enjoyed the work related games played with management to track numbers for the evening.
Excellent mission
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2015
Our mission was to bring heroes together to save lives. The energy of our donors, the stories of those we helped and the compassion of my fellow teammates made my 11 years very rewarding.
A productive place to work that can make you feel good about what you are doing.
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2015
While my time at United Blood Services may have started as a graphic designer almost exclusively, it grew into project management and new channel production. As my experience grew, I was tasked with any and all available media and marketing channels to reach our customers, potential blood donors. In addition, I was given the opportunity to create an entirely new methodology in handling how blood was collected from our donors, which we called the MAX Donor Program.
Good Company
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good benefits and management
Cons: irregular schedules
A place where you felt valued as an employee. Good benefits and solid management.
Great work experience!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Great work experience! Taught me a lot about the importance of customer care!
Working to Save Lives
Marketing & Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Arizona's oldest and largest community blood provider. Challenging work to find enough donors to give of their time and endure a needle-stick to help others. Rewarding job to honor donors for their dedication to saving lives.
High School Job
Donor Support Technician 3 (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2015
This was my first job. It was exciting for that reason. I got to know so many people in my hometown this way. It tought me the importance of so many things such as being reliable. I'll never forget it!
Rewarding place to work know what you did helped save lives.
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: no one showing appreciation for hard work.
A typical day at work was check emails, acknowledge applicants, screen applicants, set up appointments for interviews and help any employee that may have questions.
I learned to always trust your gut.
Management is lack in communication.
Co workers really appreciated me and I appreciated what they did.
The hardest part of my job was lack of communication.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was helping other and assisting employees.
Great job for high school student
Telerecruiter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2014
Pros: school schedule
Cons: outbound calling only
This is a really great job for someone who is in high school and wans to make some cash. They are flexible and pay decent.
Not a great experience
Donor Care Specialist (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: decent pay and great benefits
Cons: employees not working as a team
A very difficult place to work. There was a lot of back stabbing and cliques. I did enjoy working with the public very much and liked doing the job.
Busy Day to day life
Donor Care Specialist/ Courier (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: hours are unstable
You work anywhere from 12:00 am to 12:00am the next day. We had to set up interview booths and draw stations. I had to interview and verify donors were okay to donate. Drew blood donations. Pack up blood units for delivery. The hours aren't the best, but you learn your co-workers are your family.
productive fun envirement
lab tech 1 (Current Employee), scottsdale azOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free movie tikets
Cons: na
productive
routine every day for production
management are great to work with
co-workers fun respectful
hardest thing at work- finish all production by end of the the shift
most enjoyable- get along good team players
Best Place I've ever worked.
Donor Outreach Coordinator II (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, work with schedule, friendly
Cons: got laid off due to closure of center.
I genuinely loved working there. My supervisor at the time was very patient and very supportive of us. It was a real shame that the center closed down.
excellent place to work
Donor Care Tech II (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 2, 2014
Awesome place to work, co-workers are all very nice. management are all understanding and very helpful.
Great working environment for new learners in blood banking.
Donor Supervisor, Phlebotomist, and Interviewer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: christmas parties were fun, we celebrated whenever we had a chance to, we had a great time learning together, we were professionals, and we had great managers and supervisors (when i was not supervising also).
Cons: we traveled far away most times which caused me to work long hours sometimes.
A typical work day consisted of me supervising a team of donor interviewers and phlebotomists at mobile blood drives in locations throughout and outside of the Chicago area. I was responsible for packing the van full of needed supplies for a blood drive, assigning technicians to man interview or phlebotomy stations, collecting bold units for lab processing, and checking donor interview paperwork for quality control purposes. Management was great. We had very responsible, caring, diligent management who were very capable of doing their jobs and managing staff. My coworkers were great, too! Had a great time learning new things with them all. The great thing about my job was learning a new skillset, which was phlebotomy, that was my favorite duty at that time aside from learning supervisory skills. The hardest part of my job was leaving...I left due to becoming a homemaker to my two children at this time.
Manager of 14 employees
Center Manager (Current Employee), Mitchell, S.D.June 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: i can be called after hrs for numerous issues that need to be addressed.
A typical day at work is managing 14 employees, scheduling, deviation management. It is a fast paced business with ongoing training, employee empowerment. We are a customer service based company since we come into contact daily with our customers
Saving lives
Donor Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 16, 2014
Recruiting donors for blood donations. Our job was to make sure there was always ample supply of blood available.
overall good place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: have to meet quotas
always busy, fast paced, if you like dealing with customers this is a perfect job

1 2 3 4 5

$35,000 per year
Accounting Tech II
$28,000 per year

United Blood Services Photos

A co worker and I during one of our biggest blood drives of the year.