United Blood Services Employee Reviews

Good Job
Donor Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 14, 2017
I Really enjoyed this job. Friendly faces friendly attitudes.

There would be days when i couldn't go to work because of family matters or my kids and they were very flexible, and that's what i look for. a family oriented employer, because yes were workers but we have families too. and they matter.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
blood
Very Busy
Mobile Supervisor/ In House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 9, 2017
Very long hours some days. The fun part of this job was going somewhere different everyday. I got my CDL and was able to drive the bus different places.
Stressful yet smooth going
Hospital Service Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 9, 2017
Don't ever expect to get rich or get paid enough to live. Don't ever expect to get promoted to another position.
Unless you have a degree (bachelor degree or higher) you MIGHT get a good pay. Pay is okay for only a diploma and if your single. If you have a family might want to look else where. But if your desperately need a job then it's ehhh, working here will only keep you alive to come in the next day. They have policy to never ever call in or you will be written up.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay
Fun people including the donors
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 3, 2017
I loved working at UBS but it took over my life with all the hours and traveling. I also got very tired of all the politics and people who did not do their job.
Pros
na
Cons
na
high pay, but at a cost
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 30, 2017
The job pays well but the balance between work and personal life is very difficult. The hours vary day to day from clocking in at 4AM and then the next day clocking in at 9AM and never getting off at your scheduled time off. Overtime is mandatory and the policies placed are very strict. If you are sick, theres no way to get a "excused call out". Even if you were to get into a car accident and end up having to get taken to the hospital it counts against you. The communication between management and the staff is very confusing. No one seems to have the same information and tend to get caught up in a game of telephone. Not to mention there is very evident favoritism. Amongst all the negative stuff I have to say about the job; the job itself is very easy and interesting to learn new types of phlebotomy. The days do go by very fast due to the pace of how a blood drive goes. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with the management and with it being a entry level job, some new hires tend to not pull there fair share of the weight. If money is your concern, this job has a lot of room for growth.
Pros
pay
Cons
mangement
Ubs
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 29, 2017
the experience was great. the facility was awesome to work at and the crew were awesome. management was totally awesome to work. the over all experience was good
excellent
Donor Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
another great place , I was sick and required emergency surgery so i had to quit and ive been trying to get back into the company ever since ..........
Great job
Donor Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 10, 2017
Love working with staff, company made sure that we had what we needing in supplies to do our job. Boss really went above and beyond to make sure we were cared for when out working in the field.
Pros
Paid for meals
Cons
30 minute breaks
Donor Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAMarch 27, 2017
I loved this job. I went to school for Phlebotomy so i was looking forward to this job before i got it. Fast pace work and knowing your saving lives was the best part.
Rewarding job to be a part of the community
Donor Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 24, 2017
The job had intensive training. I was on the mobile blood drive and found it to be very rewarding until members of the staff became very unprofessional not only in the way they dressed but in the way they performed their job duties. They did things that did not meet United Blood Services standards. I discussed this with my supervisor and it was ignored. So I could not in good faith remain with the company.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Poor professionalism and they put the public at risk
Great NPO
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 6, 2017
This is a great place to work, especially if you want to work for a nonprofit. Also, this is an ideal place to work if you have long term goals of working with the company.
Working at UBS
Supervisor and Trainer and Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at UBS because it was working with your co-workers and working with the public all at the same time. We traveled alot around the state and neighboring states. The work was long hrs and long days but when the day was finished you could look back and realize that the blood collected that day would save so many people. I was made aware of just how important collecting the units of blood,was to the person needing a transfusion. The management was pretty easy to talk with if you had any questions or complaints. I think the hardest part of the job was being gone for a week at a time, traveling to the collection sites and not having a full schedule of donors, trying to get new donors to understand the importance of donating blood. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public, listening to their stories about their small town, getting to know the people, having the donors call you by name, because they see you every 8 wks. And then after a long day or a long week on the road, everyone is happy and joking around, happy to be going home.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
never having enough blood, for the people needing it
Fun Job
Senior Donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 6, 2017
This company is great, and serves the community very well. It has a level of stress that can be hard to deal with at times. It is very rewarding work, and is necessary.
Fast paced, diverse, intense
Donor Recruitment Representative (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Good incentive in place for employee meeting monthly goal. Excellent opportunities to connect with community, make powerful and positive impact on local communities. Good relationships with departments.

Downside: Highly stressful position. Large responsibility for meeting company goals. High turn over in this position. Little coaching available. Lots of documentation required after every event. Policies / regulations constantly changing. Can be difficult to be on top of it all.
Pros
Salary and decent health care benefits
Cons
Ever changing, too "lean", not enough resources to do job effectively, Environment very reactive. Planning in advance is not a big practice.
Repetitive workplace
Donor Outreach coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at UBS a typical day is answering phone calls and filling out paperwork. I have learned how to manage time and set goals for myself and ensure I meet them.
Anonymous
Donor Care Specialist RN III (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Hardest part of the job is variable hours, company was restructuring during my tenure. You learn everything about blood donations. A bit disorganized. Management lacks good communication with staff and new hires. Computer system E-progessa needs to be updated. Expectations were not exceeded.
Pros
easy flow of work
Cons
irregular hours
United Blood Services
Call Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 21, 2017
Not speaking for the entire company itself, but the call center is a circus. Constantly going through management. The place is a mess.
great company
assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 17, 2017
great for young adults however it is stressful if you work mobiles, work life balance is tough and pto is unbearable. hard to get time off or take family vacations
Pros
pay
Cons
pto work life balance
Donor care specialist tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 21, 2016
My supervisor is the greatest in NAZ ,She is always available to you,and. does her best at running blood draws and keeping the supplies for the blood drives
Pros
Get benefits lots of hrs
Busy no life
Senior Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2016
Was not the best place to work, Kinda feel like you are a slave and no appreciation. Benefits were good, a few good people to work with but really no life outside of work
Cons
Burnt out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Blood Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2