United Blood Services Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Productive work place. Saves lives
Donor Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2016
Very enjoyable. Co workers were fun and helpful. Enjoyed when it was busy. Enjoyed saving lives. Management was also very fun and helpful when needed.
Quality Assurance was a great place to work
Administration Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
Data Entry of incidents that did not comply with FDA procedures and good manufacturing practices.

Being a team member for quality made me aware of how important the donor is. Ii.e.: what countries the donor has visited, if there were tattooes and when were some the the items tracked. How often the donor donated was noted as well. Everything pertaining to a blood donor/donation is important. There is a questionnaire the donor must answer each time of donation.

Management is required to know and practice the FDA regulations and good manufacturing practices for quality products.

Again, the building is very cool because the donor must not get warm while donating. Getting warm during donations is normal.
But the employees are a little cool.

Knowing I was a team member of quality assurance and the process of assuring a quality blood product for the recipients.
Pros
Team member for producing quality blood products
Cons
Not enough donors to meet the need. Without donors, there is not enough blood products to service hospital patience and their surgeries
Very busy place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 7, 2016
Largely staffed and busy work place. Good management. Learned a lot about the medical field. Loved working with people which was the best part of the job and the hardest part was getting enough hours due to the large staff
Pros
Good Pay and health benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
fun place to work
Donor Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2016
The company was very active with their employees. They made events to interact with us more the what expected. Co-workers on site were very welcoming and it was a pleasure working with them.
Phlebotomist
Donor Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 12, 2016
Loved working for this company so sad to leave. Everyone is willing to help. Alot of hours no family time. Great pay. Learned how to perform phlebotomy.
Pros
Great co workers, helping others
Cons
no breaks
good
Donor Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2016
good management, learned about blood, coworkers were great and time was productively spent everyday. I would definitely recommend working at this company.
good people, poor manaement
call assurance coach (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 24, 2016
Management is young and don't know what they are doing. Management spends more time looking for trouble than managing the department, great people to work with.
Pros
people
Cons
management
progressive company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 23, 2016
I liked this job because it taught me a lot i performed several different duties and learned multiple skills. The floor supervisors were the best so very knowledgeable and eager to help individuals that needed it.
Love working with the donors and making a difference in lives
Donor Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed what I do everyday, working with getting donors in the door. Working a blood drive is hard at times but also very rewarding.
Pros
Travel to many places
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Family orientated workplace
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 18, 2016
My days were fast paced and detailed orientated. I've learned so much in regard to inventory systems and SOP's. My management was always strong and supportive. My fellow co-workers were amazing, not a better group of people. The hardest part of my job was leaving everyday.
Pros
everything
Cons
there were none
Blood Services
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 12, 2016
United Blood Services Is a great company to work for. Excellent salary and benefits. Job security and advancement are great! Excellent work place!
Pros
Excellent people to work for.
Cons
I have none
Fun Job
Donor Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 30, 2016
A little disorganized company with chains of communication broken down. Nice way to meet multiple people and see multiple companies.
Stressful, but rewarding
Donor Care Manager / Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 20, 2016
I loved the altruistic nature of the job, I enjoyed the people I worked with, both staff and donors. My work gave me a true purpose and I think that's hard to find in a job. I really miss working there.
Pros
good benefits, lots of challenge.
Cons
Sometimes work, life balance was not great. However, the biggest Con is that I don't work there anymore.
Busy Body, Fair Pay, Great Benefits
Donor Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 15, 2016
Very Busy work week, loads of travel. However, the benefits are next to impossible to beat. The pay is fair for the Cheyenne area, but maybe not so much for the health care field. They do train you from the ground up, and ensure that you are well rounded before sending you out into the field.
Mr (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2016
Warehouse Manager responsible for all daily operations including inventory, 5 staff, janitors, transportation, building maintenance, document control.
A good place to work
Laboratory Technician II (Lab Technician) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2016
A very good learning experience, laboratory procedures, medical terminology, a very positive feeling of knowing a job helps the lives of many individuals
Great people but company is reconstructing...
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 2, 2016
Management is just ok, the employees are amazing and fun to work with, very diverse. They are going through a big change in the company so not many opportunities to move up.
Manager of Manufacturing and Laboratory Services
Manager of Manufacturing and Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 13, 2016
ASCP certified, Manager of Manufacturing and Laboratory Services. Identify and retain top performers, actualize production goals, implement lean manufacturing, actively execute succession planning by mentoring staff, achieve error reduction through quality assurance program.
Rewarding workplace
Assistant Donor Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2016
The manager when I was hired was the best manager I have ever had, it was tough seeing him leave although it was great seeing him get promoted.
The job consisted of loading a truck, driving to a location, unloading the truck, setting up a blood drive, performing medical screening, performing phlebotomies, breaking down the blood drive, loading the truck and returning to the center. Among other things. I learned dedication, strong work habits, supervisory skills, and how to work a problem to find the solution
Pros
compensation, changing environment
Cons
schedule is difficult especially if you have kids
Great place to work if you do not have a family or personal life
Donor Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 11, 2016
Local managment really cares for the employees, and the satisfaction of a team working towards the same goal is very satisfying. The company is going through some changes that make having personal time obsolete. The only thing keeping many employees there at this time is the deep satisfaction of helping to save lives along with the great pay/benefits and thier promise of a better tomorrow.

4.2