Bilingual MEDICAID Service Coordinator
CARING is what we are all about...
United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County, Inc. (UCPN) is an independent, not-for-profit health agency serving over 1800 children and adults with cerebral palsy, developmental and other disabilities. The Association, founded in 1948, operates a comprehensive Treatment and Rehabilitation Center in Roosevelt, New York, which has earned international recognition for innovative and high-quality programs.
We are currently seeking an individual with a Bachelor’s Degree in a health, rehabilitation, or related discipline with two years experience working with people with disabilities and knowledge about community resources. Valid NY state drivers license and vehicle are required. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology or related discipline, with a minimum of one year experience providing case management/service coordination for individuals with disabilities preferred.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Completing all HCBS waiver enrollment documentation.
- Empowering consumers to make informed choices, to create and control their own lives, and to determine their own futures.
- Ensuring the assessment of, at least annually, the consumer’s specific needs relative to his or her capacity to evacuate their home in a timely manner in the event of a fire emergency.
- Aiding consumers to access activities, supports, and services identified in the ISP, i.e., coordination and processing of financial entitlements and medical benefit programs, attendance at required appointments, fair hearings, arrange for transportation services and home health care services when indicated.
- Maintaining ongoing contact with consumers, advocates and service providers and intervening as appropriate when any of the above identifies a problem.
We offer a competitive rate. Qualified candidates, please forward your resume which MUST include salary requirements to: UCP Nassau, 380 Washington Avenue, Roosevelt, NY 11575. Attn: HR Dept. Fax: 516-377-2116. Visit our website at: www.ucpn.org
“Serving Individuals with disabilities since 1948”