Teacher's Aide and Bilingual Teacher's Aide
CARING is what we are all about...
CHILDREN’S LEARNING CENTER at UCP Nassau
The Children’s Learning Center is affiliated with the United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County, Inc. Established in 1948, our school has a well-earned reputation for outstanding education, evaluation and clinical services for children from ages 1 to 21 with a broad range of mild-to-severe disabilities, including speech/language delays and physical disabilities. Each child’s program is individualized and closely monitored by a team of multidisciplinary professionals who are highly skilled, caring and dedicated. Preparation for inclusion, mainstreaming and maximum independence in the community is emphasized.
We are currently seeking an individual with a High School Diploma. College credit(s) in education, psychology, childcare or related job experience; experience/training with children with special needs is preferred. Must be Bilingual English/Spanish for Bilingual position.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting students with all ADL needs including, but not limited to, feeding, transferring, lifting, toileting, dressing (coats), feeding and in the maintaining of a clean and organized classroom etc. as per student’s IEPs.
- Ensuring needs of students are met including but not limited to their safety and well-being.
- Assisting with planning and implementation of lessons for the student.
- Preparing the students to go to therapy, seating the children in the classroom, and positioning students in various therapeutic equipment.
- Preparing classroom for meal times and supervising students during meal times.
- Assisting with preparation of necessary materials for the implementation of lessons for students
- Attending Professional Development programs to enhance knowledge of work environment.
- Escorting students to and from buses.
- Assisting students in the swimming pool and with all other special events.
- Assisting in the evacuation of all students during fire and other emergency drills.
- Performing all other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or his designee, the Principal or Assistant Principal.
Enjoy competitive salary and excellent benefits package. EOE. Please forward your resume which MUST include salary requirements to: THE CHILDREN’S LEARNING CENTER at UCP Nassau, Attn: HR Dept., 380 Washington Avenue, Roosevelt, NY 11575 Fax: 516-377-2116.
“Serving Individuals with disabilities since 1948”