Tuesday-Saturday, Flexible Days
United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County - Roosevelt, NY
A Career that will warm your heart!
United Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County, Inc. (UCPN) is an independent, not-for-profit health agency serving over 1800 children and adults with cerebral palsy, developmental and other disabilities. The Association, founded in 1948, operates a comprehensive Treatment and Rehabilitation Center in Roosevelt, New York, which has earned international recognition for innovative and high-quality programs.
In this vital role, the caring and compassionate individual we seek will possess at least one year of experience in treating individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Must possess a BS degree in nursing, a valid NYS RN Licensure coupled with CPR Training. One year of supervisory experience is preferred.
Duties to include:
- Supervision of all staff including, but not limited to hiring staff, schedule and work assignments, in-service training, employee performance evaluations, etc.
- Preparation of monthly report for the Residence Director regarding all accidents and incidents, systems check and any nursing/medical concerns.
- Coordinating/ communicating all health issues/concerns regarding the residents' care with
the Nursing Department at the Center on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Monitor weekly doctor appointments, orders, and clinical referrals.
- Attending conferences and training sessions to enhance the quality of care to the residents,
and keeping staff updated on new information pertaining to infection control and good
hygiene for the residents.
- Reviewing all medication errors, incident and accident reports.
- Monthly monitoring of all records, home visit medications, self-administration goals and
- Training appropriate direct care staff for certification as Approved Medication
Administration Personnel (AMAP). Monitor the AMAP's performance and recertify
- Reviewing/updating annually and as needed, the Comprehensive Functional Assessment
for 24 residents
- Maintaining/updating nursing policies/procedures and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Providing on-call coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our residents.
- Performing any other duties as requested by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
Enjoy competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Please forward your resume which MUST include salary requirements. UCP Nassau, Attn: HR Dept. Fax: 516-377-2116.
“Serving Individuals with disabilities since 1948”