United Cerebral Palsy of New York City Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place
Teacher Assistant/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work, starts with busing at 8:00 am. Taking the students from the bus and assisting them into the classroom. After busing prepare for breakfast and assist the students who need help eating, The classroom has a schedule but extra time for the students who need a extra few minutes. I enjoy my team I worked with, as we need to function as a group to give the best care for the our students. The best enjoyable part of my job, I get to spend the day with bunch amazing kids that make everything feels alright.
good working relationship
Residential Program Specialist/Direct Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2016
The Bosses are great, friendly but strict with the job policy. The are encouraging as well as the individuals we served. Working for this company has brought out so much passion in me ,working with people that need help.
Pros
some times free lunches
Cons
bagles, pizzas and sodas
best job ever
Account Payable Clerk- Accountemps (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2016
great experience for a family business.I enjoy every part of this job specially the billing and coding for invoices to pay vendors and client information on services and products.
What I learned
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 17, 2016
What I learned working for United Cerebral Palsy is the individuals needs come first no matter how much paper work is involved.
Pros
Interacting with the individuals we serve
Cons
work life balance
Nice Educational Experience
Certified Teaching Assistant Level III (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn N.Y.April 11, 2016
I have enjoyed my years at United Cerebral Palsy. I believe the time has come to expand my working experience. I will never forget what I have learned through the years.
Pros
All the wonder experiences I learned from the children.
productive and a great place to work and learn
Resident Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
management is available when you need them. The individuals are very loving and caring, they make you feel at home. There are hectic days but majority of the time your day will be a breeze.
Pros
family enivornment
Cons
n/a
ok
Day Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 28, 2016
the job or workplace was fine . it was the people working there as well as the director that was not right. there were a lot of un fairness.
productive and teaches you about different populations nyc's disabled
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
I learned alot while working in UCP. work started as the individuals came in from their bus or access a ride we greet them as they come in and get them comfortable and ready for a day of fun and learning in where we work on their goal that they want to accomplish. the job becomes more like a family setting the long u are their. we get to take them out in the community on trips to different places of their choice where they can experience the different cultures n aspects of Nyc.
Pros
Fun, weekends off, and they work with you if u have problems etc.. school timing, doc appts etc.
Cons
Short breaks, no union
Productive and fun place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  new york, nyOctober 24, 2015
if you present interest in advancing in your career and there is an opportunity available, they are usually willing to assist.
Workplace.
Residential Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
I Loved working with my patients. The company can do better with organizing patient files,trips,doctors appointment etc.
Pros
The patients are so loving and knows how to make your day.
Cons
Not enough activites for patients.
I enjoyed the staff and individuals
Res Hab Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 26, 2015
Caring for individuals with severe cerebral palsy. I learned extreme patience and do daily living needs and basic hygiene. Specimen handling. Management team was excellent as well as the co-workers. We always worked as a team. Heavy lifting during showers was difficult. The individuals truly appreciated the staff.
Pros
Management and co-workers were team oriented
Cons
Heavy lifting during showers
Non profit for them equals non profit for you.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
I worked here and thought I'd be able to learn valuable skills to put on my resume, but instead I was given menial work that my supervisors just didn't want to do. Keep in mind, I was not an intern but a paid employee. My co-workers, some of whom had been working there for 19 years almost never stopped complaining about how little they're being paid after all their years of service and about management. I think management can improve by being more involved and getting to know the employees who deserve the chance to grow and those that don't. Many of the people in charge do not care about the individuals they serve or hire. This place is a stepping stone, don't get stuck here!
Pros
Soda costs 50 cents in the vending machine
Cons
Everything else
great company
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
good team to work with, strong support and understanding from management, healthy environment, carrier grow and promotion possibilities
United Cerebral Palsy
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York,NYApril 26, 2015
Excellent and talented workers provided a wonderful work environment for staff and great programs for the clients.
Due to the clients multiple disabilities both physical and cognitive I learned to create adaptive and successful projects.
Team meetings were led by the on staff Psychiatrist that brought insight, compassion, techniques to work with this population
Pros
Management fostered and allowed creativity and ingenuity.
Cons
no real negatives at this job
Good people to work with
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2015
I have always loved the people that I work with. They are a caring group that work tirelessly for the children with disabilities. I have llearned that to teach chidren with disabilities is to make sure that they arev happy, and that they are given the ability to laugh and smile as much as possible. That is the true joy of my job. The hardest part of my job is management. They are to removed from the work and makes it ten time more difficult
UCP istaff is murturing to the consumer .
Residence Professional Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
The work environment is always engaging and rewarding to both staff and consumers of the UCP of New York City, Daily care and work ethics are meet by the goals made for the consumers. I enjoy working for the Agency.
Work hard, have fun, make a difference
Financial Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
Overall, it's good; great work-life balance, friendly coworkers and a great place to excel your career.
Learned so much from having a bigger responsibility than wha was expected.
My job as a volunteer.at UCP
VOLUNTEER-DAY HAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2014
After working a few years at UCP As a paid employee I left to take care of my aging mother. When I came back to UCP I became a part time volunteer. As a volunteer I would help out with busing.
I would also help out at lunch. I would also converse and interact with the clients one on one. Management was always supportive. Co workers were grateful for my assistance. The hardest part of the job was to work without pay. The easiest part of the job was the short hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and conversing one on one with the clients.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no pay
Very busy work flow
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2014
My days are very busy from the moment I walk in till the end of the day. The first thing I do in the morning is print out the schedule for the following day so that I can call and confirm the appointments, verify the insurances and setup transportation. I also have to call our individuals that are in program to remind them to come to their appointments the day of the appointment. What I have learned is how use the EHR system to set up appointments and to scan charts into the Nextgen system. I work with a great team, everyone pitches in to help out everyone. At the end of the day what I love about my job is getting to know the individuals and putting a smile on their faces.
Interesting work experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
I personally feel it is an experience like any other. Working with disabled individuals has been eye-opening and life-changing.

United Cerebral Palsy of New York City Reviews by Location