United Cerebral Palsy of New York City Employee Reviews

It was great working with UCP
Residental Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for cerebral palsy, my day would start with me coming in prepping and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for my consumers, and/or waking them up helping them to the bathroom to bathe or brush teeth and/or helping them use the restroom. The mangers were great they worked very well with my schedule.
The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know my consumers..
Its Fun and fulfilling to work with disabled individuals in this company however the staff is the worst
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2017
Subordinate staff do not like to work, staff do not assist when short of staff. Subordinate staff are unprofessional rude , directors do not help their staff at all and will fire you in a second. Staff are not allowed to take lunch after 2pm.
outstanding services to community
Custodial Maintenence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10469April 17, 2017
Work with different disciplines to provide service for those with psychological disorders. Very rewarding job. Staff work hard to address the problem of the clients, engaging with family members to best help their love ones.
Good agency with sufficient benefits and training
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
The agency provides decent benefits and compensation and the culture is professional and team oriented. Nice place to work for. The agency also has a good organizational component.
Pros
Good compensation
Consumer's were the best
Residential Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
This position was all about the residents you have to take care of, a typical day is just providing the best care for the resident's who cannot care for themselves.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Salary
Great place to work in
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2017
I loved working here with individuals with special needs. Very loving and caring place. We took pride in patient care and providing the best care for all.
Not a very pleasant work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
There are many unprofessional and badly behaved people in management. They would benefit from management training. It is not a nice place to work.
Cons
culture
great place to work , always busy
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work, has great medical benefits and 401 K. Needs to improve employee skill growth and moral.
great work environment
not much room to grow
consumers are the best
Pros
always busy, great consumers
Cons
little room to grow
Worst place to work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
This company doesn't care about its employees all they care about money and themselves. The people at the top make all the money while those at the bottom get minimum wages. They talk about equal opportunity that's not true for certain class of people.
Pros
The clients whom i work with
Cons
Too much favoritism
good
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2016
Work was good yet at times got hectic yet that's normal working with the population with developmental disability. I did learn a lot especially patience.
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work, starts with busing at 8:00 am. Taking the students from the bus and assisting them into the classroom. After busing prepare for breakfast and assist the students who need help eating, The classroom has a schedule but extra time for the students who need a extra few minutes. I enjoy my team I worked with, as we need to function as a group to give the best care for the our students. The best enjoyable part of my job, I get to spend the day with bunch amazing kids that make everything feels alright.
good working relationship
Residential Program Specialist/Direct Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2016
The Bosses are great, friendly but strict with the job policy. The are encouraging as well as the individuals we served. Working for this company has brought out so much passion in me ,working with people that need help.
Pros
some times free lunches
Cons
bagles, pizzas and sodas
best job ever
Account Payable Clerk- Accountemps (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2016
great experience for a family business.I enjoy every part of this job specially the billing and coding for invoices to pay vendors and client information on services and products.
What I learned
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 17, 2016
What I learned working for United Cerebral Palsy is the individuals needs come first no matter how much paper work is involved.
Pros
Interacting with the individuals we serve
Cons
work life balance
Nice Educational Experience
Certified Teaching Assistant Level III (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn N.Y.April 11, 2016
I have enjoyed my years at United Cerebral Palsy. I believe the time has come to expand my working experience. I will never forget what I have learned through the years.
Pros
All the wonder experiences I learned from the children.
productive and a great place to work and learn
Resident Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
management is available when you need them. The individuals are very loving and caring, they make you feel at home. There are hectic days but majority of the time your day will be a breeze.
Pros
family enivornment
Cons
n/a
ok
Day Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 28, 2016
the job or workplace was fine . it was the people working there as well as the director that was not right. there were a lot of un fairness.
productive and teaches you about different populations nyc's disabled
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2015
I learned alot while working in UCP. work started as the individuals came in from their bus or access a ride we greet them as they come in and get them comfortable and ready for a day of fun and learning in where we work on their goal that they want to accomplish. the job becomes more like a family setting the long u are their. we get to take them out in the community on trips to different places of their choice where they can experience the different cultures n aspects of Nyc.
Pros
Fun, weekends off, and they work with you if u have problems etc.. school timing, doc appts etc.
Cons
Short breaks, no union
Productive and fun place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  new york, nyOctober 24, 2015
if you present interest in advancing in your career and there is an opportunity available, they are usually willing to assist.
Workplace.
Residential Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
I Loved working with my patients. The company can do better with organizing patient files,trips,doctors appointment etc.
Pros
The patients are so loving and knows how to make your day.
Cons
Not enough activites for patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Cerebral Palsy of New York City. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval