United Cerebral Palsy Employee Reviews

Loved working here
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 26, 2017
I loved working for ucp I loved the individuals. Being able to help my individuals & seeing the smiles on their faces when they saw me was so amazing.
Great experience to work with kids of all different age groups. Also teaches u a lot about different symptoms of autism
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt New YorkJuly 25, 2017
If you are really interested in working with kids with autism, the. That would be a great place to experience. They also help with schooling and give a different outlook on life
Pros
They help with schooling
Cons
The staff
daily activites
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
getting them ready for program, eating dinner, showering bed, the most difficult is so stress related because of their behaviors. I did have the privelge to hand out medication.music time was enjoyable time.
Pros
free food at times when available
Cons
no breakes
Members are what make the work worthwhile
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 21, 2017
At the Modesto program management could you use some work. People are all treated differently which causes tension at the workplace. The member's make it worth while
Pros
Co workers, members
Cons
salary, management, parking
Very rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 18, 2017
A typical day includes passing meds, helping the guys with ADLs, cooking, going on outings to parks, the movies, the mall. Helping them better themselves by doing as much as they can and teaching them new skills.
Pros
Helping the guys grow as people, going to movies, Baseball games etc and getting paid for it!!
Cons
State guidlines tough you can easily find yourself accused of abuse, Managers can be bad depending.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2017
The hardest part of the job was going straight into the job with little knowledge on how to assist an individual with a feeding tube. Luckily he was able to give me the basic on how to assists him.
United Cerebral Palsy
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed this position because i was able to spend more one on one care with my patients and give them the attention they deserved at a more personal level.
Family Environment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 12, 2017
Really enjoyed working here, great if you're just starting off in the medical field. People will be kind if you are kind, as well if you're just starting off and a good stepping stone for a medical career.
Supportive Employement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this job. The clients made it worth it. all the stuff I went though on a daily bases. There wasn't any support from other staff. The supervisor I had to report to was very racist. She never agreed or encourage any of the programs I would come up . To help with the clients growth.
Pros
Meeting the clients and their families.
Cons
Havng to deal with the negative attitudes of other supervisors.
good workplace
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 11, 2017
assist daily living members with disability i get a chance to help others in need. come in the morning help with their changes feeds teach in class about self advocacy ect.
Cons
low pay
productive
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 9, 2017
good experience left due to childbirth love clients good workers left recommend working there good way to make extra money. easy to learn ok pay.. learned patience
Pros
helping people with everyday living
Cons
need more pay
Many changes in leadership in short period of time
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed working here at the beginning. The salary is above most nonprofit special ed preschool programs and on paper the staffing seems adequate. Due to absences and lack of assistants the assistants from a full classroom are sent to another classroom leaving them understaffed. The I have had 3 directors in my 5 years here. The last 2 were very sweet but did not seem to understand the development of preschool children. We are also no longer allowed to have field trips. I miss those
Its a great place to work
Manager of knight crew (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 30, 2017
I enjoy working at cerebral palsy of Nassau County I'm the night time supervisor supervisor 9 men and women .my responsibilities are to strip and wax the floors make sure that the classroom are clean for the children coming to school and the nurse areas wiped down with bleach in the floor are cleaned up .I do hi Dustin low dusting .I also do training I do interviews to new employer i keep a count of all the supplies inside the facility .I also do job training.
Pros
If part-time works I don't get a chance to get a break
horrible
Community Access Mentor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2017
I didn't like this company at all!! Very unorganized, unprofessional ghetto employees, and they want a lot of work out of you with no pay. Do not work here!
my work day
Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 28, 2017
when I was with my clients we would go do what the needed to with them like doctor appointments and do whatever they wanted to like go to the river and go crawdad fishing the most enjoyable part of my day was spending time with my client and there family members
Pros
free rage of what we did
Cons
being out in a vehicle a day long
A comfortable setting
PCI/Personal Care Instructor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 26, 2017
My co workers are reliable and I enjoy working around positive people that make sure the flow of work is non-stressful. Looking to gain more knowledge of the company and where this road will lead throughout the company.
Pros
HR is available at all time
Fun and clean environment
Residence Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 17, 2017
We all have good and bad days but this job is easy. A day at United Cerebral Palsy Residence is a very enjoyable experience if you are willing to do your job to the fullest and have an open mind of the way to help individuals become independent. I love the atmosphere and the clients I work for. When you get to know the clients you fall in love with them and look at them like your own family. It is a pleasure to learn new things and they taught me things about myself that I didn't know. Working here has changed my life and help me to become a better person.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunch and overtime
Good
Residence Manager (Current Employee) –  Coram, NYJune 13, 2017
Love coming to work for one reason that is the individuals that I serve. It is so rewarding. I have learned a lot about who they are. The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated by HR for the hard work and dedication.
HR Temp
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 13, 2017
I currently am doing an HR Temp for UCP and I love it. HR department is awesome to work for. I genuinely like going to week everyday. Managers are great and always very understanding.
Productive and fun
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 11, 2017
Its OK to have for a second job or if you are in school. Its very laid back and the job can be very challenging at times. But working with the consumers is a blessing.