United Cerebral Palsy Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 20, 2016
During my time here, I learned how to multitask and keep up with the needs of my clients. Learned a lot about portion sized food and got to know the clients on an individual level as well as personal level to better understand their needs.
I became very aware and precise with my work, always tried and did my best to keeping my surroundings clean and worked at a fast pace in order to be able to finish the work I had to do to keep my clients happy
I am a people pleaser and love to do my job(s) to ensure the happiness of the people I am working for and working with.
Some tasks performed during my time here included: supervising, dressing, feeding, bathing, hygiene, transferring (with or without mechanical lift), ambulating, incontinence care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, and companionship.
great qualities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYAugust 17, 2016
great qualities however not alot of time for a personal or social life. It is great knowing you make a difference in another person's life however; not great for your personal relationships working 80 hours a week since they are constantly short staffed.
Pros
making difference in other lives
Cons
constantly short staffed
Direct Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62703August 15, 2016
A typical day at ucp, consisted of assisting our individuals with their daily living. Doing large amounts of overtime. Either working one on one and or as a group. A great part of the job was connecting with the individuals.
was a rewarding job
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2016
things were always changing in this job. it was great working with the individuals. but supervisors had there favorites. and if they didn't like u they would find any reason to get rid of u without u ever getting unemployment
Not Professional
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2016
The company CEO is going to be the reason why this company close or end up in a major law suit. No people skill and make unjust decision toward employees. Then she uses her Administrative staff clean up her mess once she done.
Overall its good company to work at
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 3, 2016
Take the participants off the bus
Take them on community outings
Assist them with toileting
Assist with feeding
Assist with paperwork
Assist with meds
Pros
Venting machine
Cons
short breaks
Very helpful towards others
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYJuly 22, 2016
I've worked here for a year and a half, I reall like working with the people I work with. They just offered me insurance because usually you can only get it if yOu are a full time or part time employee.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
No breaks
caregiving
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2016
had to drive to consumers houses, and no milage was payable.otherwise was a good place to work for a while , could use a little more organization
Achieving A Life Without Limits
Childcare-Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work includes a new opportunity to invest in a child with disabilities despite life's limitations by embracing their environment alongside them: play games, neighborhood walks, read books, etc.
Productive and fun place to work
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 27, 2016
A typical work day includes helping the people i care for achieve thier daily goals. This is reach with the help of several people including management and coworkers input and ideas. The hardest part is wanting them to achieve all thier goals daily even when you know its is a building process, which comes over time.
Pros
Learning the value of random acts of kindness
Cons
work with individuals with disabilities
Community Living Coach (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 25, 2016
work in a home with 4 total care ladies. The ladies are pleasant to work with. Management is good.My co workers are very helpful.The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to spend with the ladies.The most enjoyable time is seeing the smiles upon the ladies faces.
Pros
works with my School schedule
Cons
The pay could be a little better
It is a very good environment for consumers to learn.
DCW (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 23, 2016
Cerebral Palsy give their cunsumers the oppertunity to live as independantly as they possibly can live. the consumers are taught how to live and cope in society. They are given job oppertunities and the chance to live as freely as possible.
Productive and Rewarding
Respite Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 19, 2016
I was able to work with my clients with flexible hours! This company will provide a very rewarding job to those who are up for a challenge.
Great Work Place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJune 18, 2016
I started volunteering at United Cerebral Palsy in the seventh grade. I feel in love with it after the first time I worked there. I got to volunteer there many more times. I love children and adults with special needs. I got the opportunity to work at United Cerebral Palsy after I graduated.
Fun work place, growing companies
direct support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2016
Great job with direct care, all area to increase learning, great company family orientate, great benefits must have heart for the disable individual, warm management, interesting classes, most enjoyable clients
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
breaks
rewarding but understaffed
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 11, 2016
It is a rewarding jobs to be able to help those clients with specials needs. The con I have is that management is extremely stressed and understaffed.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours, dependent upon client
Cons
understaffed and stressed management
Happy to at work and i have procductive day
Community Living Coach (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 9, 2016
My typical day at work is busy during the morning. i learned every client is different when it comes to their needs. Management is very understanding to employee needs,professional at all when difficult jobs related situations. I work alone in the home health field so I Do not see any of my co works. The hardest part of the job is when my clients do not want me leave when my shift is over. What i most enjoy about my job is enter acting with my clients and to see a smile on their faces.
taking care of clients
AMAP, RC,HSA (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 1, 2016
Ucp is a very nice place to work, you can get a lot of hours if need be. The staff and management are always willing to help you out. a typical day is very busy, working, crafts, outtings, etc.
Pros
can get a lot of hours, always nice to see a client or clients smile
Excellent community that cares deeply for clients and employees
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2016
The people at United Cerebral Palsy are the kind of people I'd like to have as family--they care about their employees and clients deeply, they give great benefits. I feel truly cared-for at this job, and I'm proud of where I work.
loved taking care of clients
Pharmacy Technician/Customer Service agent (Former Employee) –  Gouverneur, NYMay 23, 2016
took care of a client who became my best friend. even after no longer working we stayed friends until his passing. Miss it, this is why I became a nurse.