UNITED CHECK CASHING Employee Reviews in United States

Proactive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be opening the store, entering early morning deposits, assisting customers with direct deposit and accounts payable transactions. United check cashing's customer are part of a wonderful community of hard working people who I truly enjoyed assisting day in and day out.
Love the customers and duties
Teller (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 1, 2015
Every job I experience the customers grew on me. I enjoy working in a fast passed environment and being able to get the job done the correct way. Being on time and knowing what I'm doing.
office setting
Maagger Trainee (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2015
Its a cash loan office. You work with the manager in the beginning and on busy days. You get two days off a week. You have to make sure you follow all the rules otherwise it could cost the company money.
United Check Cashing
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 20, 2015
Awesome Place to Work learned lots of new things if I wasn't moving to FL I would still be employed there. The Boss was Excellent the atmosphere was great and looked all the people that came in.
i hated this job. there is no flexibility at all. you get no days off.
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  paMarch 19, 2015
i do not suggest working for this company unless you like making the same as a bank teller while never getting a day off. you get no benefits, no vaca time, no sick time, no over time.
Don't bother
Teller (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 9, 2015
The job itself is good, you learn a lot. The managers SUCK and they don't wanna pay you a dime. They also talk to you like you are their child. They are rude and have zero morals, and could careless about losing customers. They always said if the customers don't want to wait they can leave they don't care. Also they gave out fake money a handful of times, but only acted like they cared once the police was called.
working with the customers
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJJanuary 2, 2015
love to stock merchandise it made my day helping customers and the customers being very happy that they were able to be helped
It was great
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 4, 2014
My typical day at work would be opening some times the work and making sure everything is ready for the customers. I've learned how to management the cashier by myself. Management was great always there when I need them or when they need me. Co-worker was mostly me in the job sometimes, if we had a co-worker they would be OK not to much of a help. Opening the store early so the Dunbar truck can bring the cash we need for the store. Taking care of the customers and always have them leaving the store happy and satisfy.
Great learning experience...
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJuly 29, 2014
Lots of independence and responsibility!!! Tellers are held accountable for their own work so you get to learn how a check cashing place operates. Friendly working environment, though tellers commonly work independently except on the busy days. Basically, tellers are expected to be communicative, friendly, accurate, have a great attention for details and be able to resolve any issues that may occur. If you cannot fulfill these requirements or are the type of employee who requires constant supervision or interaction, this is NOT the job for you! Owner is very friendly and helpful when possible. Not much advancement within the company at all, sadly, but this job is a great resume builder and can help build towards a career.
Pros
independence
Cons
no career growth
Productive work place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAJune 18, 2014
It was a good place to work and it offers a wide range of services.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
in a bad location
great people to work for
ASSISTANT MANAGER / TELLER (Former Employee) –  fresnoJune 11, 2014
Very loving and good people to work for. the owner will treat you well and give you a lot of hours.
Pros
will pay over time
Cons
long hour
A sometimes rewarding experience working with a diverse public.
Store Manager/Teller (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PADecember 6, 2013
This was my first time working in Check Cashing and I met some wonderful customers from all walks of life and diversity.
Pros
great housrs and wonderful boss.
Cons
the unpredictable public - from great to worse on any given day.
Slow pace company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 19, 2013
I was the administrative assistant to executives and other staff, Responsible for scheduling appointments, and handling all business transactions to major corporations. Set up meetings with corporate companies.

I was in charge of placing all outgoing orders for corporate projects. I made sure that people have the most current information about their schedules.

Answered questions for people about the service that the business offers, answer phones and deal with people who walk into the business for appointments or because they need various service.

I handled all administrative function and bilingual services and translations to all documents, customers and clients.
Interesting workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklawn, NJAugust 29, 2013
I started as a teller at United Check Cashing, then was promoted to manager. On an average day at work, I cashed between 50 and 150 checks, processed bill payments, processed Western Union, and order cash deliveries. Because of the long hours and isolated conditions, it is difficult to keep employees for long periods. The hardest part of the job is being alone all day. The best part of this job is that I was able to bring my son to work with me.
Pros
able to bring my son to work
Cons
no health insurance, sick days or vacations.
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier07 (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work in United Check Cashing was a fast paced environment especially the first few days of the month & every Thursday & Friday. I got along very well with my manager & co-workers. For the most part I worked alone at the job so I rarely saw my co-workers. I cant really say that there was a hard part of the job working for United Check Cashing. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when I was able to extend my duties to help a customer with special needs and couldn't really do for themselves.
Pros
i was able to work alone
Cons
no breaks
ok job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 19, 2013
This was a good job. I was alone alot. I like to interact with people
Pros
pay
Cons
being alone
Incredible co-workers aswell as the boss. Good and clean envoirment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAMarch 20, 2013
Wonderful place to work at , cleansed and everything was organized. Great management that took care of its employees.
Pros
everything
challenging
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  nORTH bRUNSWICK,NJMarch 7, 2013
United is a franchise where each store is individually owned.Worked at North Brunswick store,and I did an excellent job running store,never got complaints from customers, yet owner let me go with no warning,EVEN THOUGH HE SAID THIS WAS DISCUSSED WITH ME...BUT NEVER WAS
Productive and a great place to work
Corporate Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Great place to work but a changing industry with little growth
Pros
good work schdeule
Very challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJSeptember 18, 2012
I Didnt enjoyed it as much,it was very challenging and the staff was very rude