UNITED CHECK CASHING Employee Reviews

Quick paced work place
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Its a quick paced work place with great management. I enjoy working there, i just need more hours. It has check cashing, bill payment, money orders and lottery.
Productive workplace Great team
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 16, 2017
I have been with this company for fourteen years. Love my co- workers, Boss, and enjoy interaction with customers. I cash checks, Wire Transfers, bill pay, Check deposits, etc.
Productive and wonderful place to work at.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 24, 2017
On a daily basis the store is busy with customers coming in to do different things that the store offers. Overall working at the check cashing is a great way to receive your experience in customer service.
fun workplace
Head cashier (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 17, 2017
work hour are good,easy to learn,training is easy,there is no hard in this job,easy work,nice manager,clean place,friendlies personal,averall very good place for a part time person.
Pros
nice place
D) Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Experience is the knowledge or mastery of an event or subject gained through involvement in or exposure to it. cooperation between customer service and field force regarding administration of customers’ orders. Closely cooperates with the planning
hard work
Accountants Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2016
stayed busy and worked hard while I was there I really enjoyed my co workers and I learned a lot while I was there I was very lucky to have this job opportunity
Pros
free lunch fridays
Cons
the big scary dog
Fast pace atompshere
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJDecember 12, 2016
Typical day at work is to always make your customer feel special, by doing that they will always come back . I learn that you have to take your time and make sure every transaction is accurate. Management at this office is not professional or not sure policy and procedures. Cant keep employees due to long hours. The hardest part of this job is your always alone during closing procedures. The most enjoyable is interacting with my customers.
Pros
check cash for free
Cons
no benefits
I love the staff that I work with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2016
We work together as a team. We're very opened minded with one another and I just love the atmosphere there. I've also built a strong connection with my customers. They are the best.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks most of the time
I liked the people I worked with and my customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEMarch 21, 2016
I received a lot of experience working at United. I learned problem solving and how to interact with Customers. I got along great with my co-workers which made it a nice experience. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unreasonable customers. A typical day at work was waiting on a lot of people and doing a variety of different tasks.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks
Proactive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be opening the store, entering early morning deposits, assisting customers with direct deposit and accounts payable transactions. United check cashing's customer are part of a wonderful community of hard working people who I truly enjoyed assisting day in and day out.
Love the customers and duties
Teller (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 1, 2015
Every job I experience the customers grew on me. I enjoy working in a fast passed environment and being able to get the job done the correct way. Being on time and knowing what I'm doing.
office setting
Maagger Trainee (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2015
Its a cash loan office. You work with the manager in the beginning and on busy days. You get two days off a week. You have to make sure you follow all the rules otherwise it could cost the company money.
United Check Cashing
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 20, 2015
Awesome Place to Work learned lots of new things if I wasn't moving to FL I would still be employed there. The Boss was Excellent the atmosphere was great and looked all the people that came in.
i hated this job. there is no flexibility at all. you get no days off.
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  paMarch 19, 2015
i do not suggest working for this company unless you like making the same as a bank teller while never getting a day off. you get no benefits, no vaca time, no sick time, no over time.
Don't bother
Teller (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 9, 2015
The job itself is good, you learn a lot. The managers SUCK and they don't wanna pay you a dime. They also talk to you like you are their child. They are rude and have zero morals, and could careless about losing customers. They always said if the customers don't want to wait they can leave they don't care. Also they gave out fake money a handful of times, but only acted like they cared once the police was called.
working with the customers
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJJanuary 2, 2015
love to stock merchandise it made my day helping customers and the customers being very happy that they were able to be helped
It was great
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 4, 2014
My typical day at work would be opening some times the work and making sure everything is ready for the customers. I've learned how to management the cashier by myself. Management was great always there when I need them or when they need me. Co-worker was mostly me in the job sometimes, if we had a co-worker they would be OK not to much of a help. Opening the store early so the Dunbar truck can bring the cash we need for the store. Taking care of the customers and always have them leaving the store happy and satisfy.
Great learning experience...
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJuly 29, 2014
Lots of independence and responsibility!!! Tellers are held accountable for their own work so you get to learn how a check cashing place operates. Friendly working environment, though tellers commonly work independently except on the busy days. Basically, tellers are expected to be communicative, friendly, accurate, have a great attention for details and be able to resolve any issues that may occur. If you cannot fulfill these requirements or are the type of employee who requires constant supervision or interaction, this is NOT the job for you! Owner is very friendly and helpful when possible. Not much advancement within the company at all, sadly, but this job is a great resume builder and can help build towards a career.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No career growth
Productive work place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAJune 18, 2014
It was a good place to work and it offers a wide range of services.
Pros
Cons
In a bad location
great people to work for
ASSISTANT MANAGER / TELLER (Former Employee) –  fresnoJune 11, 2014
Very loving and good people to work for. the owner will treat you well and give you a lot of hours.
Pros
will pay over time
Cons
long hour