United Collection Bureau Employee Reviews in United States

Provides great experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 8, 2016
I really enjoy what I do at United Collection Bureau. I have learned many things that I will be able to take to my next employer.
decent
Collector (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 22, 2016
The environment was fun and comfortable but the stress from monthly quotas became to be way to stressful. fun but stressful
Fun Workplace
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 16, 2016
Money isn't all that but its ok for now. Love the supervisors they are very helpful. I always loved the environment, its pretty laid back.
Resolve debts benefiting company and account holder.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I would receive 200-300 accounts. I would skip search finding as many ways to contact account holder. When contacting, Id find out what caused them to fall behind and customize a payment agreement acceptable to my client and account holder. If possible Id remove a portion of the amount owed and settle the account at a percentage acceptable to the client.
Pros
Helped alot of people to resolve their debt.
Cons
Not being able to help some people.
Collection Company
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 25, 2016
You are always on the phone making calls at all times. You have a number of calls you must get done in the day and are monitored.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
No Breaks
taking inbound calls on router, daily quotas to meet can be stressful limited beaks, promotions are rare
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  mirimar FlNovember 23, 2015
Interesting place to work for, they do train you but not enough for what the job entails, all abt meeting quotas and very stressful atmosphere to work in
United Collection Bureau changed my life for the better
Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 11, 2015
This company taught me mostly everything i know about collecting a debt and working in a call center. The management staff and coworkers were like family to me and the things learned at this job i was able to apply to my everyday life.
Pros
Productive and loving working environment
Cons
Consumers are disrespectful to bill collectors
Took customer service calls and make cold calls
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 30, 2015
This was not a great place to work. Managament offered little to no support. The environment was cold and unwelcoming. i liked when I could do my regualr job, but they would pull me all over and not train me in the area.
Very stressful place to work, was not enjoyable at all.People were like vultures.
Collector 1/Asset Investigator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 7, 2015
This is not a dependable job, you can get fired on spot. It was like a bullpin. You had to be tough and unloving to make it on this job, because everyone was out for themselves. Getting extra money means taking it away from you.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
no stablility
Making wrong decisions
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2015
The management continues to make decisions that prohibits the collectors to efficiently do their jobs.

Very stressful, a lot of in fighting among collectors, some managers never collected and don't know what they're doing.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Poor pay, poor commission, managers who invite infighting and have a lack of control.

Want to know more about United Collection Bureau?

Ask a question
Collections Agent
Debt collector for Citibank (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 18, 2015
I went to work here because my sister worked there. I liked the job but management was constantly over our backs with the threat of firing us if we don't collect enough money. Co-workers were helpful
and we worked well together this was the best part of the job. Looking back this was just Managements was of getting to work harder.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
never collected enough money to get a commission
professional work place
Dana Guillaume- Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 1, 2015
very open and welcoming company. they had an excellent team with excellent management. love the customer service feel in the building, also it was a fun and friendly environment.
Stressful
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 25, 2015
Very stressful enviorment, have to learn to pick and choose your battles, do as you are told and go home.. Favortism is very noticeale, directors are very disresectful.
Fun and productive with room for advancement and bonuses
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 11, 2015
Daily calls to clients updating their account, checking payments and balances due. taking calls from clients setting up payment schedules and various programs to help them save money. The job requires you to be self motivating and diligent about your work. We must be friendly and courteous to our clients even when they can be difficult. Although we are self starters employees, staff/management gives us daily pep talks and random check-ins if you need any assistance.
Pros
bonuses and advancement
Cons
short breaks
Not customer service at all!
Professional Collector (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 9, 2015
It takes a certain type of person to talk (scare) people into paying a delinquent bill. Even the best negotiation skills will not work here when the best accounts (people who are willing and able to pay) are milled out to ones that are preferred because of nepotism. However, at the end of the day I still enjoyed conversing with the customers.
Pros
Split work shcedule was great.
Cons
No way to make a bonus unless, well we know.....
Ucb
Quality Assurance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 24, 2015
UCB is a company is a company that I learned a lot while employed there. The management always changed and the CEO was not a great leader.
Cons
q`123
easy going work place
Bill collector (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 14, 2015
Macy's was a easy going work place i learned how to be be a great sales person. it was every man for their self it was a great learning environment.
collections you need tough skin and to not be easily discouraged while remaining professional
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 6, 2015
outbound/inbound calls to debtors to set up payment plan, payment in full, or offer a settlement on delinquent accounts. correspond via phone, and by mail while maintaining a monthly goal to receive a bonus.
Pros
competitions on collection totals daily with great prizes, 100% of goal recieves bonus along with hourly earnings
Cons
collections are extremely unpredictable
Lost of money to make!
Collections/ Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 14, 2015
Company was doing perfect until they changed office manager. She make it impossible to hit quota so that wouldn't get a bonus check! The bonus check was motivation for everyone and she took it away!
high stress
Collector (Former Employee) –  maumee, ohioJanuary 28, 2015
high stress collection agency not the job for me in the long run