United Consumer Financial Services

United Consumer Financial Services Employee Reviews

contests with lunches, team building
Administrative / Financial/ Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 17, 2017
Room for advancement, recognized skills, flexibility, paid holidays. I enjoyed my time while working with this company. Unfortunately there was downsizing.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
Great company to work for, decent hourly pay, good commission
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 13, 2017
Working as Account Service Rep-Collector for over three years. Many new changes, new management created a better atmosphere,motivation, pay, contests and commission structure. Many improvements over the past year. Great place to work,
Pros
matching 401K, free lunches, flexible schedule, good incentive pay, extra monthly bonus and contests.
Cons
no vacation for six months after hire date, no dental
under appreciated
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 29, 2017
I was grossly underpaid and treated badly by management and HR. I went several years without having a review and then was finally reviewed by a new manager that never bothered to find out exactly what I did for the company.
Pros
You can be a lazy as you want but as long as you show up you will always have a job.
Cons
Management, salary, training, review process
Great place to work and keeps getting better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 3, 2017
I have been here for about a year and every month it seems like the company keeps improving something, our environment, things to make it better for employees. The new management team brings great ideas and energy and the technology keeps improving also. I love working here and the people I work with - challenging and fun.
Pros
People, great work, morale, events
Cons
Would like more benefits
Nice call center environment
Inbound Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Working at United Consumer Financial Services was a great learning experience. Moving from level to level and learning about the different departments in the company was enlightening.
Free holiday parties and lunches
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 12, 2016
The people I worked with were good hard working people. I liked that the company provided free holiday lunches and special occasion things, but they never wanted to pay people what they were worth.
Pros
Free holiday parties
Cons
low salary pay
Fun place to work
Instant credit representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Great hours and pay. Family oriented atmosphere, a little dated in there systems but overall a great place of employment.
Pros
hours and employees
Cons
communication
Good stable company to work for
Instant credit (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 2, 2015
Great stable family oriented company to work for. Flexible work hours and can work anywhere form 8 am to 2 am. Hourly rate could be better but not bad for the work that is assigned.
Fun and Productive Place to work
Collector (Former Employee) –  West LakeMay 19, 2015
My experience was amazing. I met extraordinary people .
Very stable company and great benefits.

You would get continuous training .
A family oriented place while maintaining workplace standards
Account Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 26, 2015
I trained all new employees. From the technical aspect to the how to talk to customers while maintaining collections laws and customer service standards.I have learned the new laws that go with collections, phone standards, customer service and knowledge of various products. My co-workers were professional annd friendly. The hardest part of my job was the monotony. The best part of how easy it became after only a couple of weeks.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
Yearly pay
Easy job but favoritism is a factor
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 12, 2015
The work is easy the hours can be unconventional and there is no requesting days off. It's a good job for necessity and it's not difficult at all
Dynamic work place
Level II Instant Credit Rep (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 3, 2015
United Consumer Financial Services allows you the opportunity to interact with people throughout the United States. The atmosphere is friendly and a normal day is pretty steady.
Financial Business
Instant Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 18, 2014
I worked at a desk to myself mostly answering phones and doing data entry. It wasnt the most fun job of all, but it wasnt the worst. My co-workers were all older than I was but they were all pretty decent people. The hardest part was learning the data entry. The most enjoyable was when we had sell a kirby day!
Pros
The money
Cons
A lot of alone time
The people where great!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 20, 2014
We took incoming calls from our salespeople, entered information into our mainframe to see if the customers qualified for financing. Our team management was wonderful and great to work with.
My coworkers where a hoot, always fun to be around.
The most difficult part of my job was when I needed information from our customer and they where a bit hesitant in releasing due to confidentiality...SSN.
Pros
Every few months we had free food.
Cons
Healthcare for our family members; lunchroom...
Ok
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 24, 2013
Good place to work but little or no advancement. Good people to work with. Pay is above minimum but reviews are few and far between so pay increases are minimum.
Data Entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 5, 2013
I enjoyed working at United Consumer very much. Everyone was nice and easy to work with. I answered the phone asking customers for their personal information to apply for finance for a Kirby vacuum.
Unethical
Instant Credit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 24, 2013
Unethical men are considered for any raises or promotions before women. Management plays favorites. Work load is good. Co-workers are great but negative.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
low wages, dirty environment, low morale.
Official response from United Consumer Financial Services
May 3, 2017

This statement is untrue. This is one of the most ethical organizations I have ever worked for and ethics are treated very seriously.

Alot of team work and help from others. Sometimes fast paste other times easy going.
Instant Credit (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2012
On a typical day at work i would talk to many customers. Some of them i would be calling often to go over errors on their contracts. Other i would verify their new account and welcome them to our finance company, assuring them that the company was a good one and that their information would be safe. My co- workers where great, they where a lot of help. we help each other since there was a lot of team work. The best part of the job is having a happy customer who is satisfied with my job and the answers to their questions.
Fun workplace
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 12, 2012
Enjoy interacting with my co-workers everyday. Surrounded by great, helping people.
Managers are always on top of every situation withing the company.
The hardest part of the job is when dealing with unsatisfied customers over the phone, that are hard to calm down and talk to.
I still enjoy talking to the customers, offering my help whenever they need to, and maintaining a great customer service
Pros
15 minutes break every 3 hours. schedule flexibility
Cons
expensive health plans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Consumer Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

United Consumer Financial Services Reviews by Location