United Dairy Farmers

United Dairy Farmers United States Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional management
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Mason, OHApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work for me was pretty horrible. Most of my coworkers with the exception of one treated me as if i was lower then dirt they talked down to me and were just all around very unprofessional. My boss only gives me at the most sixteen hours a week. With the base that when i was hired i was promised twenty three hours a week and never saw that.
productive workplace
Shift leader (Former Employee), Cleveland Heights, OHApril 2, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: bad managment
i worked as a cachier and ice cream scooper, i worked in the cooler and organizing and stocking, i stocked shelves and cleaned. i closed the store at 3:00AM in the morning
i would prefer to give zero stars
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2015
underpaid and over worked. company has no respect or trust in employees. Quick turnover, overall sad environment and terrible chain of command.
The perfect "first job"
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: easy entry
Cons: no advancement, high turnover rate
Constantly changing between ice cream, cash register, and cleaning. The customers are in large part regulars but unfortunately that doesn't make them any less quick to anger. Coffee will always be expected on time and if you are slow with ice cream or shakes expect dirty looks on top of complaints. No chance of benefits or real advancement beyond shift leader.
It was a wonderful place to work.
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, KYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: wonderful work plave envoriment
Cons: we didnt get breaks.
It was a wonderful place to work, I had good managers and I had good co-workers. I loved the work place it was very upbeat and wonderful. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that you weren't allowed to smoke on property and we didn't get breaks.
Ehh... Could be a lot better!
Cashier (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free soft drinks
Cons: everything else
I would come in every night to a huge mess from the day shift, they argued about cleaning up before they left for the night and would rarely do their dishes. I do understand that day shift is a lot more busy but take the time before you leave to clean up your mess.. I didn't like the management where i worked, they didn't act like night shift was any good, when after all, we were the ones who did everything, it was us who brought out the new ice creams at night and stocked the shelves but we weren't important according to the management. I left this job because they treated us like garbage and they were so judgmental.
Productive and Hardworking place to work
Assistant Manager/Part-time (Current Employee), Landen, OhioFebruary 25, 2015
This job has taught me a lot of patience and how to take your faults and use them to turn them into something positive. My co-workers are gret people and they are kids to each other. The hardest part of my job is how to react to an angry customer. I don't want to say the wrong thing and make everything worse. I try to be understanding when presented with a problem and get the best outcome possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see people leave with a smile and enjoy their experience in the store. I love making the people around me happy.
Good Job
Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: schedule
Good company to work for. pay/work balance was decent. Privately owned business with more of a personal atmosphere. Scheduling was really a challenge with this company.
Ok work place
Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OhFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: family owned business
Cons: family is retiring and others are making changes that us old timers don't like
I loved my job in the past. However changes to management attitude towards the staff has changed and it no longer is enjoyable to come to work.
i loved this job
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: get paid weekly good people warm enviroment depending on manager depends on experience
it was great experience all around the customers the employees the atmosphere the benefits it was all love very good job to have
Good place to work, if store area is in good location.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good pay with bonus potential.
Cons: upper management controlling so much i lost the feeling of ownership.
I opened store most days and took care of daily paperwork. I was apart of all aspects of daily operations. I learned how to deal with all kinds of people. The supervisors worked even harder than the managers with little to no time off. Some of my co-workers are still employed there and I remain in contact with. The hardest part of the job was trying to control inventory lose. The most enjoyable part was my regular customers that treated you like a friend/family member.
UDF
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mason, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: minimum wage pay, long hours without breaks or lunches, rude employees and customers.
What can I say but it is a horrible place to work. They do not (and I mean DO NOT) give breaks or lunch even if they work you 6 to 9 hours a day.

I wouldn't know where to begin other than to say if I could report them to the Better Business Bureau, I would. I had two bosses whom I respected very much, but the rest of the employees were irresponsible.

I hate to speak so poorly about a company, it is just NOT my way.
lively
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 26, 2014
This job is a great starter job though it was not my first job I learned a great deal about business, managing a store and customer service.
UDF is a ice cream parlor as well as a gas station in Ohio the company bought all the 7/11s in the state, the only really difference in the two is that UDF Sells and scoops ice cream.
The hardest part of the job is staying busy during down time and working long hours with no real lunch break but being able to talking to co-workers and customers is great because you build relationships because the loyal customers come everyday for the same milkshake,cup of coffee, or donuts. but getting them to try a new product was fun especially when it becomes their new favorite item.
after leaving the job the things I miss most are customers and friends I made working there.
Oversaw department of three for daily A/R activities, managed various projects, and created reports for upper management.
A/R Assistant Supervisor/Account Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: upper management open to new ideas to improve different functions.
Cons: did not like some of the flavors of ice cream.
As Accounts Receivable Assistant Supervisor/Account Analyst I was able to take the slips of paper that were "gas purchases made by businesses with a fleet of vehicles" to a proprietary commercial gas fleet program with automated billing and reporting features.

I also implemented a check verification system for the UDF retail stores to control and manage NSF checks.
Dont suggest
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Westerville, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: good if your in management only
overal i may have learned alot but i do not suggest this as a job to anyone u get no breaks
alot of favortism
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHNovember 10, 2014
low pay for assistant managers. QA checks were based on how well liked a store manager was instead of store cleanliness and store performance.
Working at UDF
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: no official breaks
Simple gas station job while making milkshakes and ice cream.
Enjoyable work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lewis Center, OHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: no breaks.
Good lay back job. It can be fast paced. Nice co workers and upper management. Good working environment. Good stepping stone job.
Great company to work for
Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 3, 2014
UDF is a great company to work for. They worked with my school schedule and any other scheduling problems I may have had.
fun work place
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great money, great co. worker
Cons: no brakes, wasnt aloud to smoke
We was always very busy. I leaned to be more friendly and smile a lot. My manger was a great boss she would go out of her way for anyone. We it was like we was one big family there everyone got along with everyone witch that made it better than most places. The hardest part I say no brakes at all that was the hardest part or u wasn't aloud no smoke cigs why u was clocked in or around there. The most enjoying part I love all my co. workers and my customers

1 2 3 4 5

About United Dairy Farmers

Remember when milk was delivered to the kitchen door? Founded by Carl H. Lindner Sr., United Dairy Farmers (UDF) launched Cincinnati's – Read more

United Dairy Farmers Salaries