UNITED DAIRYMEN OF ARIZONA Employee Reviews

Fantastic place and people!
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXJune 28, 2017
I have enjoyed my time here with UDA. You have endless opportunities. The people are amazing to work with. The workplace and environment is like home.
Fun workplace
Labor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2017
As an employee here learn proper lift . Also working in very low temperature . Keeping work area safe and clean at all times . Assembly line also was a big part.
Excellent pay, 12 hour shifts, Just be sure you come here to work.
Lactose Packager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2016
I worked here for almost two years and I can't be grateful enough for the opportunity. That said, be sure you come here to work. It takes awhile to get used to the long hours but you get two days on and two off, and work every other weekend. Supervisors can be pushy if your not meeting production goals. It is expected to work nonstop for a few hours at a time. Otherwise, pay is good and other employees can be difficult to work with at times.
Pros
Quarterly Safety BBqs, Milk'n'more company store conviently connected to the plant and your paycheck.
Cons
Supervisors, cleaning standards, you must wear a hairnet at all times.
Very stressful place to work and a very fast paced and on the fly decision making
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 14, 2016
Poor management personnel.Job security very iffy.Pay is good..Not a place for inexperience people to work. Very high turnover.
Not a bad place to work at......
Milk Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 17, 2016
Learned a lot and gained a lot of experience.
Hardest thing there was the long hours and the rapid pace of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay check. Atypical day at work was constantly busy.
Productive work place with great benefits
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 1, 2016
Productive work place, with great benefits. Hard work but goes by fast. learn how to work fast but safe in a timely matter.
Great company with great benefits
Fluid Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2015
Great company to work for. Enjoyed staying busy and learning from my co-workers. Learned a lot about the dairy business.
Pros
Free lunch fridays
Poor management, no acknowledgement or appreciation for employees
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 20, 2015
Management or Human Resources are unsupportive, over worked with no appreciation. employees are fun to work with and helpful when needed.
Pros
pay, employees great
Cons
management
Great people to work with
Lactose/Uf Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 19, 2015
I started on day shift as a temp i learned three different machines in that time. Management was very strict if you weren't doing your job properly. My co-workers were nice and helpful when they could be. The hardest part of the job was working six days straight without a day off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning of all the different equipment in the plant.
Pros
great pay, 401k, friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough days off in between work week
Disconnect between management and employees
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 25, 2015
A great place to work because it is its own little entity. The agriculture, dairy industry is unlike any other conventional institution. I found that it just had a habit of putting the wrong people in the wrong places just like the conventional institution.
Pros
Very stable. Excellent benefits.
Cons
Wrong people in management positions.
Great exposure opportunity, with a variety of manufacturing and processing of fluid milk and their by products.
Production Supervisor/Sanitarian (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 13, 2015
I highly recommend UDA. The management team was good with sound leadership, however times changed in the industry bringing in DFA personell that derailed the UDA coop culture in the Southwest. I had great co-workers who taught me valuable skills. They're are many great people who are still there today after fourteen years having gone by. I would have liked to continue my career with UDA, however DFA's manipulation of the Board of Directors which led them down the wrong path at that time while I was on board which brought on outright replacement of many of the management team with less qualified personell from out of state. The coop is expanding and doing well these days, and I'm happy to see it.
Pros
Several operations provide great wealth of training on processing of fluid milk.
Cons
Some areas of the plant needs renovating.
Stress induced with no room for error
SAPAC Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2014
Rushed to get production and didn't care if you had problems.... They have standards and procedures that aren't up-kept by management
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
overall value of employees
Fast paced job
Supervisor of Night Crew/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe,AZAugust 18, 2013
It was a great job. it was both physically and mentally demanding. the hours couldnt be beat. the management was excellent.
Pros
12 hour shifts one wwekend a month benefits
Cons
worked with temps everynight
People were nice
Accounts payable - Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 21, 2013
Worked from 8am until 5pm, the people were great to work for, i learned alot from them
Pros
Great enviroment
Productivity, Soft Ball Team
Assembley Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 6, 2011
The Company was over all was a good place to work. My only complaint was the time I worked I could not remain to participate because of babysitting issues. In general over view was outstanding. Manangement was positive. Workers was friendly and helpful.
Pros
hours was great
Cons
short breaks