Founded in 1992, United Dental Group (UD) is one of the largest growing dental networks in the United States. UD opened its first US office in California in 2007 and currently has operations in New York, Washington DC and Virginia. We are growing rapidly with big plans to expand throughout the United States and in Europe. Our brand new offices are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, modern design with clean and beautiful facilities. This is an exciting time for UD and we want "A" players to join our team!
Position Description: United Dental is looking for highly-motivated Senior HR Assistant to support our HR and Operations Department in our New York City corporate office. This is a great opportunity for a young professional with 2 years HR experience to be exposed to Legal & Compliance, Business Development and HR and Operations functions.
To be considered please submit your cover letter detailing why you would like to work for us and your SALARY expectations. SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS AND NO SALARY EXPECTATIONS WILL BE DELETED. WE MEAN IT.
- Assist corporate with recruitment efforts such as drafting job descriptions, posts, reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews efficiently
- Understand how to make job descriptions stand out and remain relevant on networking sites
- Understand how to use social media as it pertains to recruitment
- Have proven success in finding and securing talent for various organizational positions
- Assist in national recruitment efforts as needed
- Maintain employee data: collect and gather new hire documentation from local branch managers including processing I-9, W4, direct deposit forms, benefits enrollment, warning notices, vacation tracking
- Maintain licensure information for dentists etc.
- Maintain dental board certifications
- Have an understanding/negotiating of benefits administration
- Update spreadsheets with employee change requests and process paperwork
- Process hires and terminations
- Training -- onboarding and exit interviews and process improvement as well morale
- Assist with compliance and process improvement as it pertains to employees and technology
- Manage preparation of the performance review process and policy.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Archival -up to date with state mandates as it pertains to HR archives -- including making photocopies, faxes and other clerical admin functions.
- Assists or prepare correspondence. Must be well read, well written and well spoken and able to deliver complex messages to employees respectively
- Review of legal contracts and summarize information for HR and Operations Managers
- Demonstrate poise, assertiveness, ability to negotiate, as well as ability to execute HR tactics in a timely fashion
- Performs other duties as needed
- 4-year degree in HR Management
- 5-7 years relevant working experience
- Fluent with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent problem solving skills (may not know all the answers but knows who to ask and where to look for solutions)
- Quick learner/enthusiastic/positive attitude/sense of humor/adapts well to change
- Proficient HR Bamboo, PeopleSoft 8.8, ADP, Taleo, GroupWise, Condeco, Connect
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent intuition and negotiating skills
- Advanced verbal communication and written skills
- Working knowledge of dental industry a plus
- Health Insurance Coverage (for full-time status only)
- Dental Plan Coverage (for full-time status only)
- Paid vacation (for full-time status only)
- Paid holidays (for full-time status only)
- Career advancement opportunities