United Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Professional environment with great people to work with
MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIAugust 19, 2015
Really enjoyed working at UFCU. Great people to work with. Management is down to earth and friendly. Good benefits and flexible with needing time off with sick kids.
Good
Member Service Advisor/Trainer (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 19, 2015
While working there, they offered fairness to qualified individuals. Allowed autonomy for managers to have the ability to manage their branches. I've learned a lot at UFCU.
Very fun atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJuly 8, 2015
Greeting customers and taking care of their banking needs in a timely manner. Enjoyed the co-workers at birthday lunches we would have, fast paced transactions, and getting drawer balanced.
Great Place to Work
Treasury Products Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIMay 28, 2015
Benefits are great, work is interesting and co-worker are friendly. Good work environment with good communication from Management. Thank you
It was a good place to work until it started getting political
Teller (Former Employee), St. Joseph/HollandApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Watch your back with other employees
They tend to follow the people with most experience, and give them the best chances at moving up in the company. Make sure you are hitting all your goals or they will have no problem letting you go.
Overall a good organization, environment was not for me.
Employee (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MINovember 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pay and extras, good values
Cons: poor work environment, management
Overall the United Federal Credit Union seems to be a good organization. The benefits, pay and extras were great. I did not like the work environment and lack of professionalism in the area I worked. Blatant favoritism, inappropriate comments, demeaning and egotistical attitudes, and dishonesty were regularly present. Others may have better luck in a different role or in a different department. Choose wisely.
Fun place to start your financial institution career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 9, 2014
assist customers, balance drawer and cash machines, update customer information, review member documents
enjoyed working for uncu. always treated with respect.
teller (Former Employee), Stevensville, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: sales
teller transactions for members of the credit union.
Balancing the ATM, occasionally.
I learned tollerance.
The hardest part of the position was cross selling other credit union services.
The most enjoyable, was getting to know routine members
Refreshing and fulfilling workplace.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIApril 21, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: i left in hopes of moving to another state.
A normal day consists of laughter and stories, obviously there is work but it doesn't feel like it when you are there. Management stays on top of the situation and generally will help any member within their control. My co-workers were intelligent and got along very well. I'd have to say the hardest part of that job was making sure you balanced at the end of each work day, but that's a far sight in comparison to everything they helped you with. I enjoyed working for the company, earning the pay, soaking up the benefits and actually met my wife there!
Wonder work environment with excellent employee engagement
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits package, employee engagement and wonderful team work
Cons: location
I enjoy going to work and being at work. My co-workers have great drive not only for themselves but for our team as a whole. We all back each other up and strive to assist each other to get any project done.

My supervisors have been the most inspiring mentors I have had the opportunity to work with. They enjoy watching us grow and learn each day. I am most thankful for being able to learn from their experiences.

I walk in not knowing what issues I will be faced with daily but know I have the support of my manager and team. I am responsible for handling all benefit related issues and any employee relations problem.

I enjoy leading our employees in the correct direction and offering any opportunity for them to learn.
My opinion only
MEMBER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIMarch 2, 2014
this company has been very good to me and my family. There are times your job can be very stressful due to demand, but at the same time, I appreciate the demand. Without demand there's no supply therefore, I do not have a job to do. United FCU provide great benefit package, St Joseph area has great schools and great place to raise children.
Director of Business Services/Commercial Division (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 22, 2014
Professional management team. Dedicated to serving the member/customer. My team in the commercial division was talented and took pride in their work.
Sales Sales Sales
MSA (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 22, 2014
This is not your friendly local credit union. Its a big corporation that has lost all interest in their members. All they care about is being number one winning as many awards as they can and making money. If you don't sell enough products or harassing people to sit down with a member service advisor they fire you. People who have worked there 25+ years get let go because their number are not up. Im surprise they still call themselves a credit union when they act exactly like a bank.
Very good credit union
Employee (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 16, 2014
very smart and professional group of people. It's a company that is growing and will do very well, is committed to its members and its employees.
Good Work Experience
Teller (Current Employee), St. Joseph MIAugust 19, 2013
Over all a decent company to work for. Wonderful co-workers.

There is a lot of pressure to make your "goals" as a teller. This makes for a rather stressful work environment.

One plus is part time employees are given paid time off and paid volunteer hours.
Pressure to make "sales" overshadows everything else.
Teller (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 14, 2013
Great company as far as benefits goes.
My co-workers were wonderful!!
The pressure to make sales causes a lot of stress.
IT holds you down and doesn't let you learn
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), St. Joseph, MIApril 30, 2013
Pros: i made a paycheck
Cons: held down, not allowed to learn new technologies, network administrators, engineers, and management play favorites and belittle help desk staff unless you are a favorite. very low pay.
Working in IT at United is horrible at best. There are certain "groups" and if you are not in one of these "groups" then you are held down and not allowed to learn or grow. I was not allowed to be involved with server builds or getting involved with new technology so I was not able to grow and develop the skillsets to move to the next level in IT while there. The very few times I would manage to be – more... involved with the Network Administrators or Systems Engineers they would treat you like you are the dumbest person on earth and usually didn't answer questions that you would have. Management tends to play favorites as well within this department and picks and chooses who they will become friends with and only those people will have opportunities come up.

The workload is unrealistic and is typically given to the highest performer on the Help Desk and the rest of the Help Desk staff are allowed to ride the "coat tails" of the person that puts out the most work. Pay is very bad for this position even if it is an entry level IT position. You are also very rarely acknowledged for your hard work and anything you accomplish. Since Leaving I have been promoted TWICE within 1 year and am truly considered a high performer with my new employer and they show me I am valued here.

The morale within the IT department is terrible at best. People do not work together, there is severe lack of communication, and plans are not carried out in a timely nor orderly fashion. This typically causes projects to come together frantically at the last minute and in a very confusing and messy manner.

Unless you want to be held down and do nothing but earn a paycheck look no further and apply within the IT department at United Federal Credit Union. – less
Great pay!
Call Center-Member Service Advisor (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIApril 14, 2013
Pros: great pay & benefits, flexible work schedule...
Cons: very stressful, all about the bucks
A company that's NOT as member focused as they used to be. Had great co-workers, not to much to say about the management.
A BANK not a Credit Union....
Teller (Former Employee), South West MIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: communication, lack of management exsperience, stressful, job security
Okay company to work for. Management doesn't communicate at all. If you request time off, good luck getting it off. Plan on working at least 2 weekends a month in most branches if not more... They under staff most branches causing it to be stressful ! Alot of the managers will try and pull a fast one on you if your not on top of your game. I was also told by fellow co-workers when hired to watch your – more... back people will throw you under the bus, and I witnessed this first hand multiple times. They will also make you do tasks not originally defined in your job title, so be prepared. The only good thing was the benefits. Pay was average. Many members and even staff complain about how this place is turning into a bank and they just want a profit and no longer care who the members are as people. They view them as numbers and working on the front line this was very evident. Overall this place is stressful and you will be worked more then you should be. I wouldn't recommend this job if your looking for job security as its not there. – less
Good pay
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), MichiganFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits and good pay
Cons: poor communications and not clearly defined goals
A very stressful work environment, with constant and inconsistent changes in direction. Poor Internal communications and infrastructure. Not a company I would recommend.

March 7, 2013

your right very poor direction and communication ! And stress was beyond what it should be from a job. The disorganization is the cause as you never know what the next day will bring.

Headquarters