United Gear and Assembly Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Awesome place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIMarch 16, 2017
Management really cares about its people. They don't hover or bother you too much. They let you do your work and only come to inspect or ask how things are going. I work third shift and I have to say it's the best third shift job I've ever had. Plenty of OT to go around. They're strict about attendance and I see that as a great thing. And the training is thorough and they train you as long as you think you need it. Once you say you're ready, they let ya run your own ship. Overall a great company and awesome job.
Pros
Good pay, great training, encouraging leaders
Cons
Short breaks
Like a abusive relationship
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WISeptember 6, 2016
If you like being put down and have no self-esteem and working 6 to 7 days a week than this is a goldmine. Poor work environment, greasy oil on EVERYTHING including facilities and eating area "break room". Micro managed to a fault. The turnover rate is as high as your blood pressure after spending a couple months in that place. Oh, and the review with the 5 star is totally management trying to get more sucker on the hook.
Pros
It makes you appreciate any other job
Cons
I need more characters in this box.
Terrible place to work.
CNC LATHE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work was operating a manufacturing cell that produced gears from a raw casting to a finished part. The cell had 2 vertical lathes and a gear hob all tended by a robot. I learned a lt about FANUC brand robots and FANUC CNC controllers. I learned quite a lot about gear manufacturing and quality inspection with a CMM. The floor managers,production leads, and operators were really awesome people to work with. But the higher level management, engineering department, and quality department were terrible. The sheer amount of miss communication was sad. The hardest part of the job was trying to make quality parts with inaccurate and out-dated equipment. Sadly the most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the shift.
Pros
It was close to home and health benefits were not to bad.
Cons
Low pay and terrible managment.
Forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIAugust 7, 2014
Got to drive a forklift everyday. Easy job except when winter came! Co-workers were great. Hardest part was staying warm in winter outside.
Pros
Being on a forklift
Cons
Sliperry floors
CNC Machinist
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 22, 2013
I loved working with the managers and team leaders. I got hired on with them without knowing anything about CNC machining. They taught me everything I know. I would recommend working for them. The hours were great and the starting pay was good for someone with little to no experience at all.
Pros
Great pay.College tution paid.
Cons
Lay offs
No Job Security
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJanuary 1, 2013
Main Lesson that I learned was not to get to comfortable thinking your job was safe.
Pros
all kinds of overtime
Cons
high employee turn around

Want to know more about United Gear and Assembly?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Gear and Assembly. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7