United Gear and Assembly

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Terrible place to work.
CNC LATHE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work was operating a manufacturing cell that produced gears from a raw casting to a finished part. The cell had 2 vertical lathes and a gear hob all tended by a robot. I learned a lt about FANUC brand robots and FANUC CNC controllers. I learned quite a lot about gear manufacturing and quality inspection with a CMM. The floor managers,production leads, and operators were really awesome people to work with. But the higher level management, engineering department, and quality department were terrible. The sheer amount of miss communication was sad. The hardest part of the job was trying to make quality parts with inaccurate and out-dated equipment. Sadly the most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the shift.
Pros
It was close to home and health benefits were not to bad.
Cons
Low pay and terrible managment.
CNC Machinist
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 22, 2013
I loved working with the managers and team leaders. I got hired on with them without knowing anything about CNC machining. They taught me everything I know. I would recommend working for them. The hours were great and the starting pay was good for someone with little to no experience at all.
Pros
great pay.college tution paid.
Cons
lay offs
No Job Security
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJanuary 1, 2013
Main Lesson that I learned was not to get to comfortable thinking your job was safe.
Pros
all kinds of overtime
Cons
high employee turn around

2.5