United Ground Express Employee Reviews

UGE a great company to work for
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYDecember 21, 2017
So many opportunities with UGE. I would recommend working for them any where in the country. Lots of room for advancement. Management is very supportive.
fast pace and fun to work for
Customer Service Represenitive (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2017
i cant be very fun but also very stressful job as it can be very unpredictable. i love the travel and helping people aspect of the job but, the unstable work hours can take a toll on you.
Lack of mentorship
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2017
You work hard while senior agents do not. the lack of mentorship and training is not very good. The corporate trainers are great, but when you are back at your station, you are not mentored.
Fun but exhausting at times
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 24, 2017
It can be fun working with this company but things get stressful and hectic when your station is understaffed. The flight benefits are okay. And the other discounts received are decent.
Fun but mentally and physically stressful
Ticket & Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a diverse population. The hardest day on the job is when the flights have been cancelled and must inconvenience passengers by rebooking them on other carriers or at inconvenience times for other flight(s).
Pros
working along side a good coworker
Cons
standing all day, dealing with unskilled (tech/mgnt) supervisors
good
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 29, 2017
checked customers in
checked their bag
scanned the bag on to the plane
keep data logs of passengers
perform safe boarding and unloading of passengers
push the plane back
Low payment a lot to do
Cross Trained Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 22, 2017
10.05 per hour for being a cross agrent that does everything is just a waste of time.
and they just want you to be part time to pay the extra hours when you have to stay for a delayed flight netheir the complete benefits.
Pros
free stand by flights
Cons
Low payment
Poor management , preferencial treatment, disrespect
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 13, 2017
I worked got UGE for 5months , at least in MKE the turnover is very high . The math is simple –when you increase retention, there is less costs for recruiting and training new employees , management should learn how to credit and appreciate good loyal employees. It's costing the company big money.
Pros
Flight benefits if you can get on . It's also could be costly if you get stranded .
Cons
Unprofessional, people with poor higiene, rude and very abusive coworkers .
Fun Work Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 8, 2017
Awesome place to work, great benefits. You learn new things every day and meet different new people. Get to travel places you never been before. Keeps you busy !
Pros
Free Flights
Love my Job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2017
Its a very fast pace and challenging job. I am currently a Gate agent and boarding flights; and making sure that customers are getting to there destination in a safe and timely matter is what I love about my job.
Pros
Flight Benifits
Cons
No Cons

Want to know more about United Ground Express?

Ask a question
Aviculture!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 21, 2017
A dynamic team.

Rewading as demanding.

Technology focused, action motivated.

Attentive to balance, an encompassing of a rare drive and necessary pace.
Fun and Hardwork
Customer Service/ Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 21, 2017
deal directly with the customers at airport locations. Duties involve answering questions on schedules and fares, on aircraft, handling service irregularities, and process minor claim settlements. Representatives at the smaller stations perform all American functions at the airport. Additional duties include baggage and cargo handling, dispatching of aircraft, air freight sales and service, and other miscellaneous assignments.
Employees are rude & foul mouthed
Field-Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY Hancock FieldJune 15, 2017
If I didnt like to travel I would quit. The other employees are lazy and use very bad language. Sometimes it gets so bad I have to leave and sit outside. No wonder thet cant keep new employees.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
The other employees
A lot of fun, a bit of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJune 3, 2017
Not for everyone, but if you like a variety of duties this is the ticket! Great team to work with, varied shifts but you bid the shifts. Travel perks but you need days off to travel.
An experience that I'm glad I got to be apart of
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 26, 2017
With United Ground Express it was something I am very appreciative in getting to experience but very sad in needing to quit because of the station I had to work at. If you like traveling around the world and not being at home, by seeing something new and the diversity of what the world has to offer, then apply and do the TDY team, you get to travel to different parts of the U.S. handing in sending planes off and setting them down. The job didn't feel hard at all, probably because I liked my job and everyday was always new with different things going on.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Employees who couldn't accepting the change of the company and start up of U.G.E.
Love My Job
Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 24, 2017
If aviation is the industry you want to be in UGE is a great place to work. Continuous learning opportunities. They give you all the tools you will need to excel at your job.
think on your feet
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 17, 2017
with all the passengers and planes it was tough work. the hardest part was that we have a plane on the ground. another coming in, diversion inbound, or a plane is grounded, also mechanical failures and "flow". imagine 2 to 3 of those situations happening at once and not enough employees to accommodate evenly all the work load. need at least 2-3 people servicing a plane. most of the time I ran things with 4-5 people and 4 planes on the ground.
Nice Place if you you like to travel
Customer Service/Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2017
I really enjoy working for UGE. It gives me a chance to balance home life and personal life. Not to mention I can travel the world for almost free! I'm really just looking for supplemental income because this is only part time.
Very detailed oriented job
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Unless you have airline blood you are not going to be happy working for the airlines. With all airlines, United included, the job's most attractive perk is the free flight benefits which start the day you are hired. In my case as a Supervisor who worked full time I could never get more than two days off to go anywhere. Airline jobs that are part time are ideal for those who wish to travel the world.
Pros
Free Flight benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime
Employee friendly
coustomer service agent (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 16, 2016
Love working for them but need better paying job and somewhere I can move up since I work with family I cannot move up in company. But I love working with part of united airlines it is a fun job and meet many new and interesting people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Ground Express. Our community is ready to answer.