United Group Of Companies Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 26, 2017
Lots of lies. President and the CEO have terrible business practices. They rule by fear. Do not work here. They give false hope to investors. You will be told you have one job, but then they will pile stuff on causing yourself to spread yourself thin. Also want you to rent apartments but then have stupid educational classes that take you away from that. Lots of turnover. Don't do it.
Pros
Education
Cons
Management, no clue what they are doing
Horrible owners
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 16, 2017
Don't work here. Not a good company to work for.
It will seem like it at first then you will be let go in 3 months if the huge numbers they want aren't met.
This is a very challenging work place.
Negative working environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 10, 2016
Extremely negative working environment where senior management favors employees and promotes unhealthily relationships and gossiping. Micromanagement is stifling and extreme and causes a very unproductive result. Goals that are set are unreasonable and unattainable.

Corporate employees don't know Florida senior housing market and provide inaccurate direction.

Education is promoted and there is room for advancement but mostly due to high turn over of employees. Benefits are excellent.

There is no personal time- employees are expected to work 24/7 and demand reports and plans on short notice.
Pros
Benefits and education opportunities
Cons
Leadership
Talented group of professionals that knew the industry well
Property Manager/Director of Marketing and Leasing (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 12, 2016
Competitive environment with good communications with staff; meetings and events for staff that brought us together. Independent management with support when requested.

Learned senior housing rentals and client needs.
Satisfaction in the work place
PMO Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2016
I've been working for UGOC for 3 years and honestly, I don't see myself working anywhere else! Whether you're a community manager, maintenance tech, APM or COO, it's a great environment. By far the best company to work and grow with. Not only does UGOC care about each individual, but they also care about employees families. We raise awareness when needed and always have each others backs. From Mulit-Family Housing, to Senior, to Student Housing, everyone always lends a helping hand. Again, from CM's, to PM'S, PM,, and all the way up, upper management doesn't hesitate to assiate. Human Resources also is always an easy phone call away to answer any question. Anytime there is an ADP, Yardi, or On-Site issure, you can always count on having an answer within a short period of time. Marketing department is amazing! Out of all of my experience, I've never seen such amazing ideas on how bring more Licenses and leases! Constantly referring great candidates to UGOC! We aren't just a Corporation. We're all FAMILY!
Pros
Family
Cons
Great company to work for
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYOctober 11, 2016
United Group is a great company to work for. They treat their employees as if they were family and give them the guidance they need to excel in their career. They have multiple locations throughout New York and other states to give their hard working employees the opportunity to relocate and grow to hold different positions within the company. There are more employees than not who have been with the company for 5+ years. Property Management can be challenging, but it's a very rewarding career if you are willing to put in the effort to succeed.
Company is great
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYOctober 11, 2016
UGOC is a great company to work for. Being in the student housing industry is new to me, due to this I came in with a lot of questions. The management team were eager to help me sort out my questions and provide me with answers. Corporate is always there when I need them, only a phone call away.

The marketing team is phenomenal and always willing to help and provides me with my necessary marketing tools ahead of time. This way I am prepared for events, tabling, etc.

This company provides a lot of room for advancement and promotion. They treat their employees with respect, I have never felt micromanaged, I am able to perform my job without feeling rushed or looked down upon.

Overall, I personally feel you get what you put into this company. If you work hard you will be rewarded. This company has honestly become a second family to me, I would recommend them 10/10.
Room for growth, great company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 11, 2016
This company has plenty of room for growth. If you work hard corporate will notice. There can be stress, but high reward. Many of the positions have great benefits that come along with them. Everyone is very friendly and inviting. If you need help all you have to do is reach out. This is really a great company from all angles. They start you off with a very in depth training to get you started that is very helpful.
Pros
Growth, benefits/compensation
Cons
Can be stressful at times, but very worth the reward
Don't go there!
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 8, 2016
Horrible company to work for from the top down. The turn-over within the company is unbelievable....they will fire you for no reason, and they frequently "clean house." IF YOUR SMART, DON'T GO THERE!
Opportunities to advance, high stress and high turnoover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 15, 2016
VERY high turnover at many sites property Manager Positions. If interviewing ask how many have came and gone in the years past. Also ask why.

Very high stress, high pressure job but there is great opportunity to move up if you start at the bottom and you can learn a lot.
Pros
Learning opportunities and training, Site level team work can be great. Long hours are nice if your hourly
Cons
Many sites struggle to operate due to lack of income, angry vendors looking for payment, accounts always being held, Corperate can micro manage, criticism recieved without real suggestions for improvement, personal relationships effecting work environment, Unrealistic budgets.
Best Company I have worked for thus far
Operations Trainer (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 25, 2016
I have been in the property management industry for almost 13 years now and this company has everything you need to become successful and advance your career within the company. I have been with them for a short while and there have been about 3-4 promotions of advancement of staff corporate and property wide. If you are looking for a company that cares about you, look no further than United Group. We have many great things in the pipeline for the company and will have plenty of room for growth.
Pros
Excellent Training Team, Supportive Staff, Great Benefits
Cons
Heavy workloads at times
Difficult place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Very difficult place to work. Management company is unprofessional.
Everyone needs to decide for themselves.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 28, 2013
It was alot of work opening a new property in a area where economically is weak for a premium product, But was a great challenge.